Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Christmas With The Kranks

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Christmas With The Kranks Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Christmas With The Kranks - 7/2/2007 3:23:24 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
W - 7/2/2007 3:23:24 PM   
Southall Sissoko

This film is utterly woeful, and reveals a high degree of ineptitude amongst those who made it. While it is apparently a comedy, laughs are rarer than living dinosaurs. Furthermore, the ending is a complete cop-out, somehow mixing the endings of A Christmas Carol and It's A Wonderful Life, but without the excellence of either. This film aspires to mediocrity.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Disagree! - 9/7/2007 9:59:24 PM   
Movie Mad

I am sorry to say that for once, I disagree with the above review from Empire. I think that once you are in the Christmas spirit, "Christmas With the Kranks" is a fun and warm film. Personally, I think that as Christmas films go, this is one of the better ones and I think it should be enjoyed by any Christmas enthusiast out there!

Post #: 3
Not quite that bad - 15/12/2007 5:50:59 PM   
Pipkin3

....I rented this title, and was pleasantly surprised, ready to hate it. Yes, its daft, slightly patronising and full of "dire-logue" but it felt okay watching it. Its there to make money, but I don't feel so offended having no paid so much to see it if I'd watched it at the cinema or bought the DVD itself. If I had, I'd of taken another star off, but as I didn't, this is very feel-good stuff, kids will like it and it does feel a little christmassy. Not great, but hardly the worst film in the world. The best most recent Xmassy films are probably Elf, and The Grinch (though I seem to be alone on liking that one!) Its not terrible, just don't pay a lot for it. Get it £3 for a week at Blockbuster. If the script had been upto scratch, this could have been a classic. But no. It's okay.

Post #: 4
Not quite that bad - 15/12/2007 9:51:52 PM   
Pipkin3

....I rented this title, and was pleasantly surprised, ready to hate it. Yes, its daft, slightly patronising and full of "dire-logue" but it felt okay watching it. Its there to make money, but I don't feel so offended having no paid so much to see it if I'd watched it at the cinema or bought the DVD itself. If I had, I'd of taken another star off, but as I didn't, this is very feel-good stuff, kids will like it and it does feel a little christmassy. Not great, but hardly the worst film in the world. The best most recent Xmassy films are probably Elf, and The Grinch (though I seem to be alone on liking that one!) Its not terrible, just don't pay a lot for it. Get it £3 for a week at Blockbuster. If the script had been upto scratch, this could have been a classic. But no. It's okay.

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Christmas With The Kranks Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI