Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Another CS Lewis Film In The Works

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Another CS Lewis Film In The Works Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Another CS Lewis Film In The Works - 1/2/2007 1:41:37 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 1/2/2007 1:41:37 PM   
Chaos Engine

Got a couple of Screw-tapes of my own hehe!!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Sounds Good - 1/2/2007 2:02:04 PM   
Clemenza

Seeing as Screwtape Letters is a story with a predominantly Christian message and I and many thousands of other Christians will have read it there shouldn't be a problem with getting an audience. The only real problem is working out a plot from all the ramblings.

Post #: 3
Great Idea But... - 3/2/2007 1:59:55 PM   
Mr Moneypenny

This is deffiently a great idea, but how can you turn a series of letters - albeit very witty and well written - into a plot or story?
Though they managed to change Briget Jones Diary into an entertaining couple of hours so am willing to give it a chance.
I wouldn't worry about it trying to find an audience, while it is Christian in origin, the morally corrupting ideas Screwtape disscusses are universal in scope.There is a very good oppertunity here to make something both funny yet thought provolking.
Hope it works out well.

Post #: 4
Fact - 4/2/2007 10:08:31 AM   
kingtrashcan

Did you know that this is the book that the cartoon Bono is reading in the video for U2's "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me" just before he gets run over?

Post #: 5
The Screwtape Letters meets The Fantastic Four? Really? - 28/9/2008 5:05:23 AM   
Jeremy4373

I recently began working on an Adaptation of The Screwtape Letters. On a whim, I did a google search to see if such a project was already in the works. To my disappointment, there was. And even worse, It is going to be produced by the same people that produced The Fantastic Four. I cant honestly say that I care one way or the other for The Fantastic Four movie, but my fear is that The Screwtape Letters movie will wind up being a mix between Chronicles of Narnia and The Fantastic Four. Given the structure of the book, the movie will have to stray quite far from it in regards to how it is shot, but a larger problem is that the book is not one that should be shot as a fantasy special effects thing. I fear that should this happen, the very essence of the book will be lost in CGI and poor cliche-like images. PLEASE dont let this happen to this wonderful story.

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Another CS Lewis Film In The Works Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI