Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Battlestar Galactica: Final Season

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Battlestar Galactica: Final Season Page: <<   < prev  63 64 65 66 [67]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Battlestar Galactica: Final Season - 15/3/2013 1:58:06 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

Just received my complete boxset today. It includes Razor and the Minisodes.... Which I'm getting muddled up with the webisodes

As it's been a while since I first watched it all through, could people please remind me which webisodes I should watch and when? And are the minisodes directly relevant to Razor, should I watch them right after Razor?

Cheers people.

You should watch Razor before Season 2.

The 'Resistance' webisodes you should watch before Season 3.

And I don't think the 'Face of the Enemy' webisodes were ever released on DVD...

Thanks. My friend gave me the whole thing on discs ages ago, but I've lost them all, so will I have to d/l the webisodes now or can I catch them on youtube? Where does Face of the Enemy fit in viewing order then?

I'm having to return this boxset just now anyway, the box is damaged along with two of the cases.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 1981
RE: Battlestar Galactica: Final Season - 30/7/2013 11:01:59 PM   
galvatron

I've just gone through a complete rewatch. And it's still as good as it was when I first watched it, if not better than I originally thought. The quality from start to finish is incredibly high, some of the acting is top notch.

I feel the strength comes from the great characters on show. You genuinely feel affection for the characters on the screen, even some of the minor ones like Racetrack and Hot Dog and Seelix have some great moments and roles and all of the leads are strong and despite their flaws you love them. There's so many tear jerking moments between them, I love the bit in season one where Bill tells Lee: "we'd never leave." Or when Lee gives his dad the lighter back. I particularly like some of the moments of celebration when things go right for the colonials. Hell, you even love most of the cylons by the end. Whether it's because Leoban is cool or because Cavill is funny.

There are a few slow episodes, namely the back end of season 2 and a couple in season 3 (The Woman King being an example) but most of the episodes are great and move along the story but give a lot of character stuff.

The finale is pretty near perfect, great action, set up and twists right up until they find earth. Then there's some tear jerking goodbyes. My only slight gripe with the finale is that I thought Helo should've died, just seemed like his wound was gonna kill him.

A much loved show for me.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 1982
RE: Battlestar Galactica: Final Season - 9/9/2013 2:23:39 PM   
pcuk1979

So I'm halfway through season 3 on LoveFilm instant and loving it.

Fully intend to get the Blu-Ray once I'm done, but can you confirm that it includes the full versions of all episodes.

For example, the version of Lay Down Your Burdens Part 2 that's streaming is only 45 minutes, when it should be 60 apparently (without commercials).

It felt a bit incomplete when I was watching it, then scenes turn up in the 'Previously....' recaps which I haven't actually seen.

Very frustrating.

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 1983
RE: Battlestar Galactica: Final Season - 9/9/2013 3:39:21 PM   
FoximusPrime

quote:

ORIGINAL: pcuk1979

So I'm halfway through season 3 on LoveFilm instant and loving it.

Fully intend to get the Blu-Ray once I'm done, but can you confirm that it includes the full versions of all episodes.

For example, the version of Lay Down Your Burdens Part 2 that's streaming is only 45 minutes, when it should be 60 apparently (without commercials).

It felt a bit incomplete when I was watching it, then scenes turn up in the 'Previously....' recaps which I haven't actually seen.

Very frustrating.

It's been a while since I cracked open my DVDs of the show but I seem to remember noticing this on a couple of occasions myself - I think some episodes were on the discs / aired out of order resulting in pre-cognitive "recaps" (precaps?).

I can't comment at all on the streaming / Blu Ray versions though.

Spoiler colour: #F1F1F1

(in reply to pcuk1979)
Post #: 1984
RE: Battlestar Galactica: Final Season - 9/9/2013 3:50:34 PM   
shool

45 mins seems the right length too. I remember ploughing through a few 44 minute episodes a night.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to FoximusPrime)
Post #: 1985
RE: Battlestar Galactica: Final Season - 9/9/2013 4:09:03 PM   
pcuk1979

Thanks both

45 mins is the typical length but apparently, Lay Down Your Burdens Part 2 as a special 60 minute extended version that was cut for international markets.

So I missed the Chief Tyrol union speech, Starbuck winding Apollo by kissing Anders in front of him, and I'm sure some stuff with Helo being demoted and Tigh goodness.

Instead, they all just seem to exit the same tent and look skyward once the Cylons arrive. It felt very rushed indeed.

I only know of these bits from subsequent 'recaps' and internet reading. I thought I was going mad at first (I have been up to 2am a few nights with 'just one more episode' syndrome), but it seems I'm not.

I'll still buy the BluRay of course (and a DVD version might be on its way to my Mum for Xmas), but I was just wondering if the UK BluRays have these scenes integrated, as missing scenes, or they're just not there.

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 1986
RE: Battlestar Galactica: Final Season - 9/9/2013 8:20:05 PM   
indysgill

I rented the blu rays from Lovefilm and they had the scenes you mentioned in the episode.

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to pcuk1979)
Post #: 1987
Page:   <<   < prev  63 64 65 66 [67]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Battlestar Galactica: Final Season Page: <<   < prev  63 64 65 66 [67]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI