Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Battlestar Galactica: Final Season

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Battlestar Galactica: Final Season Page: <<   < prev  63 64 65 [66] 67   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Battlestar Galactica: Final Season - 4/7/2012 12:20:30 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

Having now viewed the series properly in its correct order

But...it's...what RGirv sai...oh, never mind.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 1951
RE: Battlestar Galactica: Final Season - 4/7/2012 10:30:33 PM   
the anomaly

All this has happened before ... and will happen again ...

Maybe someone should break the cycle?!

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 1952
RE: Battlestar Galactica: Final Season - 2/8/2012 1:40:49 PM   
indysgill

She was nobbing President Adar!!

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 1953
RE: Battlestar Galactica: Final Season - 4/10/2012 7:51:53 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Okay. So I'm hoping to start watching this in the not too distant future but I understand there can be confusion in the order of watching ( I heard you don't start with Season 1). Would anyone mind posting the order in which I should watch?

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 1954
RE: Battlestar Galactica: Final Season - 4/10/2012 8:36:01 PM   
From_Hell

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

Okay. So I'm hoping to start watching this in the not too distant future but I understand there can be confusion in the order of watching ( I heard you don't start with Season 1). Would anyone mind posting the order in which I should watch?

Start with Battlestar Galactica - The Mini Series, and then it's Season 1, 2, 3 and 4.

You can pick up the Mini Series for about 3.90 on Amazon so it's at a low enough price that you can take a punt and see what you think. To be honest, I found the Mini Series okay, but it didn't really get going for me until about halfway through Season 1. Zavvi are currently selling the individual Season box sets on DVD for about a tenner.

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 1955
RE: Battlestar Galactica: Final Season - 5/11/2012 10:32:39 PM   
Rgirvan44

Blood and Chrome starting in FOUR DAYS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Qj50xJhWdcM

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 1956
RE: Battlestar Galactica: Final Season - 10/11/2012 3:21:43 PM   
Scruffybobby

First couple of minisodes are up. Not bad but not brilliant either will stick with it for now

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1957
RE: Battlestar Galactica: Final Season - 12/11/2012 12:00:24 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Just finished Season One and watched the first episode of Season 2. I'm losing the will to carry on.....

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 1958
RE: Battlestar Galactica: Final Season - 12/11/2012 12:06:31 PM   
jcthefirst

Really?

Hmmm, I'd normally say stick with it, but if you're this deep and not liking/loving it...

@Jonny_C85

Post #: 1959
RE: Battlestar Galactica: Final Season - 12/11/2012 12:10:04 PM   
Rgirvan44

I would say keep going - some super cool stuff coming up.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 1960
RE: Battlestar Galactica: Final Season - 12/11/2012 12:22:33 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

I think I probably will as there are long cold nightshifts coming up and to be honest I'm running out of things to watch. I'm just not as into it as I thought I might be. I ccertainly don't understand some of the praise that people put on it....

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1961
RE: Battlestar Galactica: Final Season - 12/11/2012 2:27:31 PM   
Timon

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

Post #: 1962
RE: Battlestar Galactica: Final Season - 12/11/2012 7:07:59 PM   
Rinc

quote:

I think I probably will as there are long cold nightshifts coming up and to be honest I'm running out of things to watch. I'm just not as into it as I thought I might be. I ccertainly don't understand some of the praise that people put on it....

Here here

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

Post #: 1963
RE: Battlestar Galactica: Final Season - 12/11/2012 7:24:42 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

quote:

Here here

Curious to know what sort of sci-fi you guys like outside of BSG?

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 1964
RE: Battlestar Galactica: Final Season - 12/11/2012 8:19:35 PM   
Rinc

I like all kinds of sci-fi really.

I liked BSG as well but didn't love it like people do. Mainly because I didn't really like any of the characters.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1965
RE: Battlestar Galactica: Final Season - 12/11/2012 8:32:49 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

I liked BSG as well but didn't love it like people do. Mainly because I didn't really like any of the characters.

I can see that - part of what I liked about it was that you pretty much had an entire society suffering from post-traumatic syndrome. It wasn't that they are hated, but no one is really filled with joy. In the old series everyone seemed pretty happy after their worlds were destroyed. I suppose the series creators just wanted to play up realism a little more.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 1966
RE: Battlestar Galactica: Final Season - 12/11/2012 9:04:42 PM   
Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

quote:

I can see that - part of what I liked about it was that you pretty much had an entire society suffering from post-traumatic syndrome. It wasn't that they are hated, but no one is really filled with joy. In the old series everyone seemed pretty happy after their worlds were destroyed. I suppose the series creators just wanted to play up realism a little more.

I don't mind characters being depressed and/or miserable - The Wire is my favourite show! But I actually just didn't like most of them and didn't find many of the storylines that engaging, mainly because there were only a couple of times they surprised me.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1967
RE: Battlestar Galactica: Final Season - 12/11/2012 11:05:04 PM   
Scruffybobby

So any thoughts on Blood and Chrome ?

I quite like the first 2 episodes although they're mostly just set up and so far the setup isn't all that original. There's time for it to develop though and the cast do an adequate job.

The virtual sets aren't quite as goodl as they could be but the space stuff is well up to snuff. There's a a lovely moment when Adama sees the Galactica for the first time even if it does riff off of JJ Abrams Star Trek. Another influence form that is the constant lens flare which I wonder is there to help blur the edges between the real elements and the CG in the ship board stuff. All in all it's nice to have some shiny new BSG to look at even if its just in bite size bits

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 1968
RE: Battlestar Galactica: Final Season - 13/11/2012 9:47:43 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

Just finished Season One and watched the first episode of Season 2. I'm losing the will to carry on.....

If you feel that way after one season I'd say it isn't for you.

I was gripped by the third episode?! When they have to keep "jumping" for 24 hours straight etc. That was grim.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scruffybobby

So any thoughts on Blood and Chrome ?

I quite like the first 2 episodes although they're mostly just set up and so far the setup isn't all that original. There's time for it to develop though and the cast do an adequate job.

The virtual sets aren't quite as goodl as they could be but the space stuff is well up to snuff. There's a a lovely moment when Adama sees the Galactica for the first time even if it does riff off of JJ Abrams Star Trek. Another influence form that is the constant lens flare which I wonder is there to help blur the edges between the real elements and the CG in the ship board stuff. All in all it's nice to have some shiny new BSG to look at even if its just in bite size bits

That's some serious lens flare! I caught the first two or three? But just a shame it's just a web series. How deep into the plot can it go?

Post #: 1969
RE: Battlestar Galactica: Final Season - 14/11/2012 9:31:08 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

quote:

quote:

Here here

Curious to know what sort of sci-fi you guys like outside of BSG?

I must admit I'm not a great sci-fi TV series viewer which is why I've left it this long to watch BSG in the first place. I did enjoy Stargate and it's variations and Star Trek though. Farscape was entertaining enough as well.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1970
RE: Battlestar Galactica: Final Season - 3/1/2013 11:21:27 AM   
Rgirvan44

Finally got around to Blood and Chrome. It was...ok?The effects were cool, and I liked the cast. The story was half baked. For the most part it was three actors and a crap load of CGI. There was a cool space battle, and you at least felt this was a full world, but again - not sure what the series could have brought to the table.

But hey - it is free and on youtube. Worth checking out if you liked the more action packed episodes of BSG.

Post #: 1971
RE: Battlestar Galactica: Final Season - 3/1/2013 12:44:04 PM   
jcthefirst

That reminds me I need to watch the last two eps.

It's solid if not remarkable so far.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1972
RE: Battlestar Galactica: Final Season - 8/3/2013 9:56:23 AM   
HIM

Do I still need to post spoiler tags in here? Anyway, spoilers....

So I finally got round to watching the whole series on DVD while I was away on a course and I thoroughly enjoyed it. There were a few stinkers along the way but this is par for the course for sci-fi tv anyway. I also really liked how the ending tied everything together, which is something Lost so spectacularly failed to accomplish. However, what the frak was Starbuck?!?!!!! She obvs wasn't a Cylon as Elen would have known about her. And she also wasn't an 'angel' like the Gauis/Six hallucinations because she was able to talk to other characters and interact with the world. How did she die on the first Earth and come back with a brand-new-but-still-the-same Viper? And also, how was she the "Harbinger of death" who would lead humanity to it's doom? Her inputting the co-ordinates of the real Earth actually saved humanity. The complete non-explanation of this was the only sour point in an otherwise engaging and entertaining sci-fi series.

Also, now I've seen BSG is it advisable to start watching Caprica? I know it got cancelled but is it still worth a watch or is it left open and unfinished?

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 1973
RE: Battlestar Galactica: Final Season - 8/3/2013 8:03:09 PM   
Rgirvan44

"will lead the human race to its end. She is the herald of the apocalypse. The harbinger of death. They must not follow her"

Is the line the Hybird says - Kara did lead them to their end, Earth. And remember from the perspective of the Cylons, she did bring death.

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 1974
RE: Battlestar Galactica: Final Season - 9/3/2013 11:33:25 AM   
HIM

But the Cylons wanted to reproduce, which they could only do with humans. Herra was the first common ancestor of modern humans so Kara didn't lead the Cylons to their death, she saved them from extinction. But I guess this is just arguing semantics.

Putting Starbuck's purpose aside; what the hell was she? She wasn't Cylon. She wasn't human. She wasn't an Angel. BSG did a very good job of explaining everything in a realistic and satisfying way. But with Kara it was like they just couldn't figure out a satisfying explanation and so they just didn't bother. Kind of like what happened in Lost.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1975
RE: Battlestar Galactica: Final Season - 9/3/2013 2:27:55 PM   
LastMemories

quote:

ORIGINAL: HIM

So I finally got round to watching the whole series on DVD while I was away on a course and I thoroughly enjoyed it. There were a few stinkers along the way but this is par for the course for sci-fi tv anyway. I also really liked how the ending tied everything together, which is something Lost so spectacularly failed to accomplish. However, what the frak was Starbuck?!?!!!! She obvs wasn't a Cylon as Elen would have known about her. And she also wasn't an 'angel' like the Gauis/Six hallucinations because she was able to talk to other characters and interact with the world. How did she die on the first Earth and come back with a brand-new-but-still-the-same Viper? And also, how was she the "Harbinger of death" who would lead humanity to it's doom? Her inputting the co-ordinates of the real Earth actually saved humanity. The complete non-explanation of this was the only sour point in an otherwise engaging and entertaining sci-fi series.

Also, now I've seen BSG is it advisable to start watching Caprica? I know it got cancelled but is it still worth a watch or is it left open and unfinished?

I think this is still an issue open to interpretation but popular census indicates that Kara was actually an Angel of sorts, brought back from the dead to lead the way to earth. I think at some point Leoben even states as such - "I look at you now and I don't see Kara Thrace...I seen an Angel burning with light of God". Or something like that. I heard another theory years ago that suggested that Kara dying wasn't actually part of the plan and as such 'the Gods' brought her back to rectify this issue.

In terms of being the 'harbinger of death', I always connected this to the idea of 'all of this has happened before and all of this will happen again'. If we are to believe that history does indeed repeat itself then we can argue that in bringing humanity to Earth, then Kara has effectively restarted the cycle - eventually mankind will destroy itself again and the events of BSG will occur in some different shape or form - ultimately ending with the destruction off the Cylons.

As for Caprica, as someone who was a massive fan of BSG I would leave it well alone. I regret watching it.

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 1976
RE: Battlestar Galactica: Final Season - 15/3/2013 1:21:57 PM   
Sway

Just received my complete boxset today. It includes Razor and the Minisodes.... Which I'm getting muddled up with the webisodes

As it's been a while since I first watched it all through, could people please remind me which webisodes I should watch and when? And are the minisodes directly relevant to Razor, should I watch them right after Razor?

Cheers people.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to LastMemories)
Post #: 1977
RE: Battlestar Galactica: Final Season - 15/3/2013 1:25:49 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

I gave up on this. I just couldn't bring myself to watch anymore. I think I got up to where Starbuck went off to get some golden arrow or some shit. Well, that's pretty much as far as I can remember. Oh and Grace Park attacking Adama.

Just wasn't for me.

< Message edited by Your Funny Uncle -- 15/3/2013 1:26:35 PM >

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 1978
RE: Battlestar Galactica: Final Season - 15/3/2013 1:29:21 PM   
Sway

I'm giving up on you.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

Post #: 1979
RE: Battlestar Galactica: Final Season - 15/3/2013 1:48:41 PM   
Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

Just received my complete boxset today. It includes Razor and the Minisodes.... Which I'm getting muddled up with the webisodes

As it's been a while since I first watched it all through, could people please remind me which webisodes I should watch and when? And are the minisodes directly relevant to Razor, should I watch them right after Razor?

Cheers people.

You should watch Razor before Season 2.

The 'Resistance' webisodes you should watch before Season 3.

And I don't think the 'Face of the Enemy' webisodes were ever released on DVD...

< Message edited by Timon -- 15/3/2013 1:49:15 PM >

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 1980
Page:   <<   < prev  63 64 65 [66] 67   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Battlestar Galactica: Final Season Page: <<   < prev  63 64 65 [66] 67   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI