Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed Page: <<   < prev  61 62 [63] 64 65   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 2/10/2011 12:22:13 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gimli The Dwarf

This one?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Battlestar-Galactica-Edward-James-Olmos/dp/B0027UY8AY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1317554492&sr=8-2

This one

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 1861
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 2/10/2011 12:23:41 PM   
Gimli The Dwarf

Awesome! Cheers.

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1862
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 2/10/2011 12:23:54 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: The REAL Bozz

Dont know if its been mentioned already but word is the Blood and Chrome series is being relegated to an online show. Bit shit that if it turns out to be legit.

Blood and Chrome started out as a web series. Then SyFy wanted it joined together to make a single movie. But I suspect the effects work (everything is green screened) hasn't been up to snuff, and rather than taint the series, they will release it online in parts.

Makes sense. I am happy to leave the series as it is now.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to The REAL Bozz)
Post #: 1863
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 2/10/2011 12:29:17 PM   
The REAL Bozz

It should be left. Caprica didnt set well with me to be honest. I only watched it up until the first series break so I never saw the second half of the series so don't really know how much it ended up connecting with the overall show. The whole Adama family legacy was really melodramatic and pissing me off, personally Just did not like it one bit.

Films I've watched
Star Trek Into Darkness ***
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1864
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 2/10/2011 1:11:25 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

It should be left. Caprica didnt set well with me to be honest. I only watched it up until the first series break so I never saw the second half of the series so don't really know how much it ended up connecting with the overall show. The whole Adama family legacy was really melodramatic and pissing me off, personally Just did not like it one bit.

Iif you are not bothered you should watch the final 5 minutes of Caprica

It kicks ass and shows the potential of the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5As4_h-_FDc

Post #: 1865
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 2/10/2011 1:21:50 PM   
Gimli The Dwarf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Battlestar-Galactica-Edward-James-Olmos/dp/B0027UY8AY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1317554492&sr=8-2

This one

Sorry to be a pain, but the first review for this complains about the lack of features omitted from the R1 set. Which one would that be, a Blu Ray or just a better dvd? Because if anything was going to tempt me to convert, it would be BSG.

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Much more better!

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1866
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 2/10/2011 1:24:02 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gimli The Dwarf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

This one

Sorry to be a pain, but the first review for this complains about the lack of features omitted from the R1 set. Which one would that be, a Blu Ray or just a better dvd? Because if anything was going to tempt me to convert, it would be BSG.

Basically the America DVDs sets have way more extras then than the UK DVD sets, but the UK Blu Ray has the same extras as the American DVD and Blu Ray sets.

So if you want everything, you will need to either go Region 1 for the DVDs or plop for a Blu Ray player and buy the set.

Post #: 1867
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 2/10/2011 1:25:32 PM   
The REAL Bozz

Just watched it. Was good. Had little look on wikipedia, see little Adama got takin out all gangsta style!

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1868
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 3/10/2011 2:16:36 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

Thanks again. Looks like the grey box is the way for me to go for now.

Much more better!

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1869
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 3/10/2011 11:49:33 AM   
From_Hell

With the exception of Firefly and Star Wars, Iím not the biggest fan of Sci-Fi but given the amount of praise the reboot of BSG gets, Iím considering dipping my toe in the water.

I know next to nothing about the BSG universe, so should I start with Season 1, or the mini-series? I gather that Razor comprises the first two episodes of Season 4 (or something like that), so would I be right in saying that if I buy Season 4, I donít need to bother buying Razor?

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

Post #: 1870
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 3/10/2011 11:59:11 AM   
The REAL Bozz

Yep. Start with the mini series and then you should be fine just buying the boxsets from then on. Your in for a treat. Shits all over Firefly - I'm a big fan of Firefly- it's one of the best shows ever made, regardless of genre!

Once you finish the show - if you go all the way- there's a prequel tv movie called The Plan. Abosolute shite. Wikipedia it instead and save yourself some money. However there is then a prequel TV show called Caprica, while not my cup of tea it went down a treat with most fans of the show.

So should go like this.
BSG mini series
S1
S2
S3
S4

and then the prequel show Caprica.

< Message edited by The REAL Bozz -- 3/10/2011 12:01:57 PM >

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 1871
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 3/10/2011 12:33:50 PM   
From_Hell

quote:

Yep. Start with the mini series and then you should be fine just buying the boxsets from then on. Your in for a treat. Shits all over Firefly - I'm a big fan of Firefly- it's one of the best shows ever made, regardless of genre!

Once you finish the show - if you go all the way- there's a prequel tv movie called The Plan. Abosolute shite. Wikipedia it instead and save yourself some money. However there is then a prequel TV show called Caprica, while not my cup of tea it went down a treat with most fans of the show.

So should go like this.
BSG mini series
S1
S2
S3
S4

and then the prequel show Caprica.

Cool, thanks for the pointers. The mini series is about £3 on HMV, so as it's so cheap I'll just take a punt on it and see how it goes

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

Post #: 1872
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 3/10/2011 12:45:59 PM   
The REAL Bozz

Yep thats the best thing to do. I gotta be honest though for me at least, I found the mini series quite slow (it's still good and essential) and it wasn't until ep 3 or 4 of series 1 that I was wowed and fully hooked. From that point on though you won't be able to stop watching!

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 1873
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 3/10/2011 12:52:58 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

Yep thats the best thing to do. I gotta be honest though for me at least, I found the mini series quite slow (it's still good and essential) and it wasn't until ep 3 or 4 of series 1 that I was wowed and fully hooked. From that point on though you won't be able to stop watching!

You didn't like '33' - the first episode proper?

That's where BSG really hooked me.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

Post #: 1874
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 3/10/2011 12:59:55 PM   
The REAL Bozz

I did. But I just got really hooked from erm...is it 'Wet'? the one with water tanks??

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 1875
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 3/10/2011 1:04:44 PM   
jcthefirst

'Water.' Close

Fair do's. I just loved the whole first episode, the FTL jumps every 33 minutes, the Astral Queen (is that right?) drama, and of course it had the start of Gaius' visions of Six in his home back on Caprica.

@Jonny_C85

Post #: 1876
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 3/10/2011 1:31:36 PM   
The REAL Bozz

Yeah it was good. I got rid of all my boxsets But now I have the perfect excuse to buy the lot on dvd.

MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR SPOILERS FOR LAST EPISODE STOP READING FROM HELL IN CASE YOU ARE!!!!

I still reckon Kara's final appearance was a total rip off of Cordelia from Angel, and not as good I may add. Still I fit in with the overall theme of the show I supose.

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 1877
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 21/11/2011 1:29:42 PM   
Rgirvan44

Think I am going to give this another rewatch - last time I saw it was in 2009.

Post #: 1878
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 21/11/2011 1:44:29 PM   
Timon

Personally, I still can't believe we haven't seen any production pics from Blood and Chrome considering in started production in February.

Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome takes place in the 10th year of the first Cylon war. As the battle between humans and their creation, the sentient robotic Cylons, rages across the 12 colonial worlds, a young, talented fighter pilot, William Adama (Luke Pasqualino), finds himself assigned to one of the most powerful Battlestars in the Colonial fleet: the Galactica. Full of ambition and in pursuit of the intense action that the Cylon war promises, Adama quickly find himself at odds with Coker (Ben Cotton), the battle-weary officer to whom he reports. With 47 days left in his tour of duty, Coker desires an end to battle just as much as Adama craves the start of it. Though they clash at first, the two men forge an unlikely bond when a routine mission turns dangerous and becomes a pivotal one for the desperate fleet.

Joining Pasqualino and Cotton in the cast is Lili Bordan, who will play Dr. Beka Kelly, a Ph.D. who worked for Graystone Industries that created the Cylon robots. Currently assigned to a secret military mission, Beka and Adama quickly establish a rapport.

From the award-winning producers of Battlestar Galactica, this new action-packed chapter of the BSG canon was written by Michael Taylor form a story by David Eick, Taylor and Bradley Thompson & David Weddle and directed by Jonas Pate. David Eick, Jonas Pate and Michael Taylor will serve as executive producers.

That concept art doesn't count.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1879
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 21/11/2011 1:47:42 PM   
Rgirvan44

Something tells me they haven't pulled if off, and likely will try and bury it.

It is for the best. But BSG is becoming B5 for number of attempted series which have crashed, and like B5 it is for the same reason. You cannot make a franchise out of a series which has told its story. You won't get anything as epic as BSG, so why try?

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 1880
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 21/11/2011 3:19:35 PM   
jcthefirst

I still have to watch the second half of Caprica. It's been sitting on my Sky+ for months.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1881
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 20/1/2012 5:24:47 PM   
Tech_Noir

My girlfriend has started watching Galactica from the minii-series on, currently nearing the end of season 1.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 1882
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 20/1/2012 5:27:55 PM   
Timon

An update on where Blood and Chrome is - http://communityvoices.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/arts-entertainment-living/tuned-in-journal/31441-press-tour-update-on-battlestar-galactica-blood-a-chrome

This part worried me: "It's done almost completely on green screen," he said. "What I love about it is we're applying this idea of virtual sets on a whole new level. We took photos and digitized all the 'Battlestar Galactica' sets before we struck them. So when you see two actors walking down a hallway, they're [really] walking down a green hallway and then we put photo-real shots of hallways and CIC and all the sets we had behind them."

Hmmm.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 1883
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 26/1/2012 12:55:00 PM   
jcthefirst

Just was browsing the Battlestar wiki and came across this on the page for the episode Downloaded, and it really made me laugh.

• Several Cylons are seen in conversation in the park and cafe scenes. What do they have to talk about?

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to Timon)
  • Post #: 1884
    RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 27/1/2012 4:17:31 PM   
    Phil884

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

My girlfriend has started watching Galactica from the minii-series on, currently nearing the end of season 1.

Finished my re-watch last night, having persuaded my wife to try it second time around - first time, she snorted derisively at the prospect of watching sci-fi and turned on the worst programme in the world: Americaís Next Top Model (arguably, grounds for divorce thatÖ.)

Anyway, having sold her on the sheer range of issues in the show, she agreed to watch with me. Needless to say, she loved it..

Forgot how emotional Daybreak is. Am firmly on the side of it being a great ending to a great show but must remind myself to turn it off before the last 20 minutes start, to spare myself the tears!

I accept nothing from a man who imprisons his guests in a commode

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
    Post #: 1885
    RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 28/1/2012 5:15:27 PM   
    Tech_Noir

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-tUbTU0jIA&feature=related

Frackin' awesome.

I think the celloist was having an orgasm.

< Message edited by Tech_Noir -- 28/1/2012 5:18:25 PM >

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
    Post #: 1886
    RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 28/1/2012 8:55:25 PM   
    Coyleone

BSG OWNS!!! Seriously awesome show. That's all I got to say about that.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
    Post #: 1887
    RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 2/2/2012 2:44:37 PM   
    superdan

Just finished watching the full run for the second time, and it's just as good as I remember it. However there is one bum note for me, and it's Laura Roslin. Not even the character so much, but the way Mary 'Oh Look, She's Crying Again' McDonnell plays her. There are points where I genuinely get irritated by her.

(in reply to Coyleone)
    Post #: 1888
    RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 26/2/2012 4:25:12 PM   
    the anomaly

First watch

Season 2

Pegasus

The ship has landed! Only just happened but it's pretty grim so far. Whilst the Battlestar crew isn't perfect, the Pegasus crew are bastards.

The attempted rape on Boomer didn't sit well with me. Why couldn't she resist? The other two cyclons we have seen in hand to hand combat have been crazy strong. Mostly toying with their human opponent and only losing due to arrogance. But Boomer was helpless? Always annoying with this kind of thing. It reminds me of Supernatural where Sam and Dean are getting thrown around the room by a spirit literally and then suddenly they manage to fight on their level and beat them.

(in reply to superdan)
    Post #: 1889
    RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 26/2/2012 11:08:15 PM   
    jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

Just finished watching the full run for the second time, and it's just as good as I remember it. However there is one bum note for me, and it's Laura Roslin. Not even the character so much, but the way Mary 'Oh Look, She's Crying Again' McDonnell plays her. There are points where I genuinely get irritated by her.

GET OUT!

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to superdan)
    Post #: 1890
    Page:   <<   < prev  61 62 [63] 64 65   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed Page: <<   < prev  61 62 [63] 64 65   next >   >>
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
    Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI