Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed Page: <<   < prev  60 61 [62] 63 64   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 10/2/2011 1:32:25 PM   
jcthefirst

Started my rewatch the other night. The miniseries is still a damn fine piece of television. And so perfectly paced as well.

And they all look so young!

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 1831
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 11/2/2011 5:58:37 PM   
CORLEONE

Just started season 3. Not liking Lee Adama's fat suit.

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 1832
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 13/3/2011 4:26:15 PM   
CORLEONE

I'm really getting into this now. It's so emotional. Won't talk about any major things in case it spoils it for anyone but by God it's fantastic.

Also, does anyone else nearly burst into tears when they here the main theme song? It just pulls on the old heart strings, and coupled with the montage of humanity on the brink of extinction really gets me going. I just downloaded it as well. As opposed to the gibberish I've been humming for weeks, it's actually Sanskrit!

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 1833
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 15/3/2011 1:22:44 PM   
jcthefirst

Was off work on Friday there and watched the entire first series. Excellent television and very interesting on rewatch. Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down is still terrible though.

And I'd completely forgotten about the Cloud 9 election episode, as well as the attack on the tylium refinery one. Both amazing.

Just finisihed the 'Cylons board the Galactica' episode last night. Rivetting stuff.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 1834
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 3/4/2011 9:56:22 PM   
Chojin

started season four today and it's definitely a step up. It feels like the first three seasons were building up to the most action packed season yet

http://chojin.devour.org - Mixes, Contact, Etc
XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 1835
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 4/4/2011 11:10:00 AM   
Zaphod121

Really? I remember thinking season 4 was the least action packed, not that I'm bothered how action packed a season is.

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 1836
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 4/4/2011 11:29:17 AM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zaphod121

Really? I remember thinking season 4 was the least action packed, not that I'm bothered how action packed a season is.

Well, it was episode one - which was action packed.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 1837
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 4/4/2011 12:03:26 PM   
Gazdance

Possibly going against the grain here but Season 4 was the one that I thought was the best. It covered so much ground and on a re-watch it feels like there is little filler as every episode is building towards the conclusion. It is the best and most satisfying series finale I've seen.

If Season 4 lacks action, it certainly makes up for it in the mutiny episodes and of course, the final assault on the Colony.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1838
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 4/4/2011 4:53:22 PM   
jcthefirst

I think season 4.5 works better watching the episodes one after the other.

Week to week, it was a bit of a slog.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to Gazdance)
Post #: 1839
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 4/4/2011 6:48:41 PM   
Chojin

maybe action-packed wasn't the best choice of words. Rather it's an exhilarating thrill ride that won't let up. It doesn't need the action, the twists and turns are the action!

Can't wait to finally get to the bottom of things and find out why Baltar sees six, and why six sees Baltar in their visions.

P.S. - Do we ever get to see sixes tits? would be nice wouldn't it.

http://chojin.devour.org - Mixes, Contact, Etc
XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 1840
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 4/4/2011 8:21:05 PM   
Scruffybobby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chojin

maybe action-packed wasn't the best choice of words. Rather it's an exhilarating thrill ride that won't let up. It doesn't need the action, the twists and turns are the action!

Can't wait to finally get to the bottom of things and find out why Baltar sees six, and why six sees Baltar in their visions.

P.S. - Do we ever get to see sixes tits? would be nice wouldn't it.

No we don't but there are pcitures out there if you want to have a shufty

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 1841
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 12/4/2011 11:51:42 AM   
jcthefirst

Yes! Got the wife watching BSG; not from the start however, but she was sitting beside me as I began season 2 and has gotten hooked. Result!

Just finished the Pegasus arc. Easily the best set of episodes in the show thus far. Although there are some weird music choices in those episodes that don't really gel with the tone of the show, such as the music during the arrival of the Pegasus, and later on when Baltar is talking to Gina.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 1842
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 18/4/2011 12:14:42 PM   
jcthefirst

Exodus Part II.

New Cap City.

The Adama Manoeuvre.

Bagpipes.

Fuckin' goosebumps, man.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 1843
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 25/4/2011 11:05:55 AM   
ky

Finished watching this last night. Absolutely loved this show - while it lost its way a little around halfway through Season 3 (due, I think, to the studio wanting to try out more standalone episodes), this has kept me hooked.

Brilliant characters, great plots, great effects, exciting action, kick-ass robots - definitely my favourite TV show ever (knocks even Lost off the top spot for me).

And without giving anything away, the final half hour of this is just superb - beautiful and slightly chilling at the same time.

"You forgot to say please."

Check out my blog, and feel free to post comments:

http://cinemaguts.blogspot.com/

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 1844
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 25/4/2011 1:21:48 PM   
CORLEONE

SPOILERS

Coincidentally, I also finished it last night. A great show overall, though did lose something when the Cylons stopped being the all out enemy. First 3 seasons were sensational. Definitely the best sci-fi TV show I've ever seen, though I wouldn't rank it with the likes of Sopranos, The Wire or Deadwood on my all time list.

Regarding Kara Thrace. She was an angel then, right?

(in reply to ky)
Post #: 1845
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 26/4/2011 5:53:44 PM   
ky

quote:

Regarding Kara Thrace. She was an angel then, right?

Hi Corleone, glad you liked it too :)

*** MAJOR SPOILERS***

Yeah, Kara Thrace/Starbuck is an angel from the moment she comes back after Lee sees her ship explode. As she's away for a few months, the assumption is that her 'dying' was not part of a divine plan, and so she was returned to fulfill her destiny (getting them all to Earth).

I'm assuming the Baltar and Caprica Six that had appeared throughout and right at the end were angels of some kind, too.

"You forgot to say please."

Check out my blog, and feel free to post comments:

http://cinemaguts.blogspot.com/

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 1846
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 26/4/2011 11:07:35 PM   
jcthefirst

They were.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to ky)
Post #: 1847
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 11/5/2011 1:51:52 PM   
jcthefirst

Still don't get the hate for Unfinihsed Business, the boxing episode. I think it's one of the better episodes of the series.

Although, I can't help but feel the writers really want us to hate Starbuck, as they have her doing something horrible at every opportunity. Yet I still love her as much on my rewatch as I did on first viewing.

Sadly, I'm just about to start the Starbuck/Lee/Anders/Dee love quadrangle saga. Ugh.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 1848
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 18/5/2011 1:16:41 PM   
Keyser Sozzled

Finally finished it !

I really enjoyed it as a whole. It's not up there with the Wire/Sopranos or West Wing and to behonest I am a littled befuddled at some of the "Best show ever" opinions, but to each their own.

First things first, it has some fanbtastic characters, Starbuck, Thighe, Adama, Six and of course Baltar-who is just brilliant.

I thoroughly enjoyed the faith/science element to it and thought that it was the fearless way taht it approached which raised it up above 95% of other dramas. There were certain things that got on my tits, the Starbuck/Lee Adama/Sam love triangle (I mean Jesus Kara just pick a knob), the Council which seemed to be there just to shout over each other) but...

The ending....

WOW.

Just fantastic, I was really concerned that they had painted themselves into a corner with the Opera House and the Kara Thrace Harbinger of death elements and right to the very end I was thinking "Well, they have dropped the ball".....but the last 90 seconds my heart nearly burst out of my chest. I should have known, how many times did we here "All of this has happened before, all of this will happen again"?...Everything clicked, Kara (Angel), Opera House, The song, why Kara was the bringer of death (By fulfilling her destiny and finding earth she has doome mankind to repeat the mistakes and inevitibily becom embrolied in another conflict with te cylons), Baltars ultimate redemption...

One question though (perhaps I missed the significance) when Baltar and Six are talking on Earth at the very end (NYC) and Six makes a comment about God, Baltar replies "You know it doesn't like that name"........any suggestions, not really important but would like to know.

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 1849
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 25/5/2011 1:26:33 PM   
jcthefirst

Just watched Faith last night and I reckon it is quite possibly the best episode of the entire show.

Absolutely pitch perfect in every way. The scene between Natalie and another Six? I bow down to the greatness of Tricia Helfer.

The hospital scenes between Roslin and the other cancer patient; heartbreaking, as was the boat/afterlife part. She sells it so well, when it could have been cheesy and laughable.

Adama telling Laura - "You made me believe."

Excellent television.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to Keyser Sozzled)
Post #: 1850
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 27/5/2011 1:37:43 PM   
jcthefirst

Mutiny episodes.

Frak yeah!

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 1851
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 9/6/2011 12:39:56 PM   
jcthefirst

And I'm done.

http://jcthefirst.blogspot.com/2011/06/battlestar-galactica-my-frakkin-look.html

My review, if you care to read. I'll copy and paste it in, if links aren't allowed.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 1852
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 23/8/2011 4:31:00 AM   
Coyleone

I just finished the finale of BSG. Epic is the first word that comes to mind, I absolutely loved it. Some people have their problems with it apparantly, and yes there are other ways it could have ended, but I wouldn't have ended the show any differently having watched it. Everything came together and un-answered questions from as early as the first season were answered and the payoff was great. Pretty emotional aswell as you feel like you've been on a journey with the ship and it's crew.

Overall the series is fucking fantastic. A few epieodes (4 or 5 out of about 70) that didn't seem up to the normal standard of the show, but even those episodes had meaning and offered a deeper view into what goes on in the fleet. A really deep show with alot of questions raised about the real world. For me this is just as good as The Wire or shows of that nature (when I started BSG I never thought I would say that).

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 1853
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 2/10/2011 5:48:10 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

I'm sure this has been covered but I can't find the relevant posts. What's the best version to buy on DVD, in terms of extras? I recall that the big tin set from a few years back didn't have webisodes and extended episodes and the like. Does R1 offer anthing better?

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to Coyleone)
Post #: 1854
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 2/10/2011 11:09:32 AM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gimli The Dwarf

I'm sure this has been covered but I can't find the relevant posts. What's the best version to buy on DVD, in terms of extras? I recall that the big tin set from a few years back didn't have webisodes and extended episodes and the like. Does R1 offer anthing better?

Just DVD? Or do you have BR? Cause BR is the way to go with this.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 1855
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 2/10/2011 12:14:25 PM   
Gimli The Dwarf

DVD for now

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Much more better!

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1856
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 2/10/2011 12:16:58 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

DVD for now

Yeah, I seem to remember that most of the extras weren't ported over to the Region 2. The best you can do is the big single boxset. The Blu Ray has pretty much everything apart from the Face of the Enemy webisodes (which haven't been released on any disks here or in America) and The Plan, which you will need to pick up seperately (although it isn't really needed to be honest)

Post #: 1857
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 2/10/2011 12:19:17 PM   
Gimli The Dwarf

This one?

Much more better!

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1858
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 2/10/2011 12:19:53 PM   
The REAL Bozz

Dont know if its been mentioned already but word is the Blood and Chrome series is being relegated to an online show. Bit shit that if it turns out to be legit.

Films I've watched
Star Trek Into Darkness ***
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1859
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 2/10/2011 12:21:58 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

This one?

That is well sexy.

I've often considered trading my old boxsets in and getting the cmplete series boxset.

@Jonny_C85

Post #: 1860
Page:   <<   < prev  60 61 [62] 63 64   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed Page: <<   < prev  60 61 [62] 63 64   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI