Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome Page: <<   < prev  59 60 [61] 62 63   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome - 23/10/2010 8:45:35 PM   
Rgirvan44

You don't even watch Caprica so I'm not sure how you are such a super expert about it.

Also - the important thing about the First Cylon War was how it was part of a larger cycle and the how it ended. The details of the war itself doesn't really need to be explored. It might be interesting as a one off - but a whole series? I just don't see it myself.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 1801
RE: Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome - 23/10/2010 8:48:58 PM   
Zaphod121

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Really? I'm not so sure about this one.

Honestly, Caprica is a much braver and interesting concept and genuinely sci-fi. This seems much more about the bang bang factor, which is fine, but feels like a regression rather than progression of the themes of the franchise.

Agreed, all the stuff with Soldiers of the One and V-World is brilliant, it's interesting journey and one I'm glad were getting to explore because it's making Caprica as a world much more three dimensional, more than I ever thought it was.

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1802
RE: Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome - 23/10/2010 10:18:58 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r

quote:

Really? I'm not so sure about this one.

Honestly, Caprica is a much braver and interesting concept and genuinely sci-fi. This seems much more about the bang bang factor, which is fine, but feels like a regression rather than progression of the themes of the franchise.

Caprica genuinely sci-fi?
More like flawless teens you don't care for falling in love on ''Caprica'' *cough Earth*.

How I miss the:
Gaeta: Multiple dradis contact. Set condition 1 throughout the ship. I repeat set condition 1 through out the ship. This is not a drill.
Tigh: Godsdamn frakkin toasters!!!
Adama: *mumble mumble* Launch the alert fighters.
'

Oh, Jesus. Again?

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 1803
RE: Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome - 1/11/2010 12:19:53 PM   
Timon

I've been rewatching it since I've been working from home. Just about to start Season 3 and am watching the Resistance webisodes.

I really love the secondary/third tier characters like Duck and Jammer, it's a shame about what happens to them.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1804
RE: Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome - 1/11/2010 11:12:52 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Edit: Bah, that'll teach me to read. Nothing to see here...

< Message edited by homersimpson_esq -- 1/11/2010 11:13:48 PM >

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 1805
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 18/11/2010 11:51:36 PM   
Gazdance

I've been rewatching a lot if BSG lately. Have spanked season 2 in a matter of days, just into season 3. Loving how awesome it is. It's good to watch it again and remind myself. Haven't watched season 4 since it aired so that will be fun.

Best of all, I've got a colleague into it. Actually convinced him that the whole series was worth a blind buy - luckily he's loving it - I'm jealous that he's getting to see it all for the first time but it's awesome having someone new to talk about it to. I can't wait until he gets to the end of season 3!

Speaking of which, I was thinking that that is the best cliffhanger of the series; the reveal of the Cylon members of the fleet, Starbuck's return and the glimpse of Earth. Made the wait for season 4 agonising!

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 1806
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 20/12/2010 9:35:48 PM   
Zaphod121

First concept art for "Blood & Chrome" http://blastr.com/2010/12/-concept-art-from-battles1s.php#1

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Gazdance)
Post #: 1807
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 20/12/2010 10:59:04 PM   
Sumintelligentguy

I started watching BSG about 6 months ago. I'm now currently half way through season 4.

I have to say - it's amazing, but they fail miserably at their attempts at 'light relief'. I've had to stop watching it sometimes because it can be so damn depressing.

Season 1 was cracking, season 2 less so (although the pegasus saga was absolutely brilliant) and season 3 has been the best of the lot, though I felt a bit cheated when Starbuck, well, you know (I mean we actually saw it happen), and then in the final episode when, well, you know.

Season 4 has been really good so far - I think watching Lost first has hampered my thoughts of this season - the religious bashing can become abit tiresome.

"Snake? Snaaaake? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!?"

R.I.P. Punchy

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 1808
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 21/12/2010 3:54:17 PM   
benmharper

Just finished it all now (still got The Plan to watch) and overall loved it. I found the first part of season 4 hard to get through (until the last couple of eps) but loved the second half.

#3 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

(in reply to Sumintelligentguy)
Post #: 1809
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 21/12/2010 3:58:11 PM   
discodave101

quote:

ORIGINAL: benmharper

Just finished it all now (still got The Plan to watch) and overall loved it. I found the first part of season 4 hard to get through (until the last couple of eps) but loved the second half.

I'd ignore The Plan. Me and the good lady found it very tedious and a non event, even though BSG is probably up there with our favourite shows ever.

"Softly softly, catchy monkey"

"I didn't know you spoke spanish"

(in reply to benmharper)
Post #: 1810
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 21/12/2010 4:06:12 PM   
Tech_Noir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gazdance

Speaking of which, I was thinking that that is the best cliffhanger of the series; the reveal of the Cylon members of the fleet, Starbuck's return and the glimpse of Earth. Made the wait for season 4 agonising!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2dyN5A12js

Still the biggest mind frak ever.

Never been so stunned by a TV show's finale.

(in reply to Gazdance)
Post #: 1811
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 26/12/2010 5:27:47 PM   
Sumintelligentguy

On to the last two episodes of season 4.

It's been emotional.

R.I.P. Punchy

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 1812
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 26/12/2010 5:31:10 PM   
Rgirvan44

Let us know what you think about it. 

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

Post #: 1813
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 27/12/2010 12:00:50 AM   
Sumintelligentguy

Absolutely brilliant ending.

I'm still struggling to get to grips with it being over (I probably wont watch any of the spin off's or webisodes).

SPOILERS FOR SEASON 4!

A finely conceived ending, I was so relieved when they found "earth", finally some respite after we (and the characters) had experienced such a depressing state of affairs. Especially after two failed attempts at trying to reconstruct their society on land. As I said before, sometimes it was so grim that I had to take some time off watching it.

I'm still a bit confused as to what Starbuck was - angel? dead? or could she just run really really fast?

Roslin's death, though inevitable, still packed an emotional punch (helped by the incredible score - click - I had a tear in my eye when she died, probably even when she tried to walk over to the volunteer side but needed help from Adama.

Excellent cast for an excellent show - and Bill Adama is one of the best characters in TV history.

Having said that though, there are flaws - some of the standalone episodes were annoying, simply because they weren't referenced throughout the entire show, for example, the black market episode. And some of season 2 was slightly uninteresting (well compared to the rest) - and the season was only really saved by the Pegasus saga and the ending.

I said before my gripes about Starbuck's death - but disregard that now, the writers made up for it in the fourth season.

EDIT:

Having read parts of this thread, it's interesting to see that some people have disliked the third season. I'd say it was probably the best of the lot (barring the final episode). In fact, i'd even say it was one of the best seasons of television ever, alongside season 5 of 24 and season 1 of Lost.

I also like that we are left with some mysteries (as opposed to loads, a la Lost) - such as the 33 minutes thing of the opening episode - which was bloody brave, and excellently realised.

Back to the final episode of season 3 - it was pants, and just didn't seem natural for the 4 crew members to hear music and suddenly deduce that they were cylons - it just lacked authenticity. And Gaius being lead away by the cult which eventually amounted to nothing was such a waste of a brilliant character.

There are other things i'd like answered but feel I should watch this show again in about a years time. I think it will be good to notice little nuances knowing who the cylons all are.

And I feel i'm definitely missing out by not having watched the extended cuts of some of the episodes.

< Message edited by Sumintelligentguy -- 27/12/2010 2:17:14 AM >

R.I.P. Punchy

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1814
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 27/12/2010 6:24:36 AM   
Rgirvan44

I loved Daybreak - just as a piece of science fiction - so many ideas, arguements and concepts thrown into the mix and still landing an emotional punch. It was brave of them to have the flashbacks. Not something you would expect.

I would agree about Balters cult - they didn't do anything. But disagree about the music. I love that Watchtower is some sort of base code for the universe - and how it ties in with everything.

The best bit was seeing how they intergrated the Opera House into the finale - that was the sort of jaw dropping moment that took you by surprise and HeadSix basically lays it out to Balter at the end of season one. Rewatches are rewarding.

Glad you liked it!

Post #: 1815
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 27/12/2010 11:55:38 AM   
Sumintelligentguy

quote:

I loved Daybreak - just as a piece of science fiction - so many ideas, arguements and concepts thrown into the mix and still landing an emotional punch. It was brave of them to have the flashbacks. Not something you would expect.

I would agree about Balters cult - they didn't do anything. But disagree about the music. I love that Watchtower is some sort of base code for the universe - and how it ties in with everything.

The best bit was seeing how they intergrated the Opera House into the finale - that was the sort of jaw dropping moment that took you by surprise and HeadSix basically lays it out to Balter at the end of season one. Rewatches are rewarding.

Glad you liked it!

1. I'm not saying the music was stupid, just that the four seemed to jump to a massive conclusion even though they didn't know what the song was. Perhaps it would have been better if the song was a contributing factor to their realisation. (I know they had the nebula as well, but something abit more obviously related to the cylons).

2. That bit was genuinely amazing - it just seemed so natural.

< Message edited by Sumintelligentguy -- 27/12/2010 11:58:22 AM >

R.I.P. Punchy

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1816
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 29/12/2010 12:19:20 AM   
CORLEONE

Considering treating myself to the entire boxset of this. Everyone seems to like it. I guess it's worth 50?

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

Post #: 1817
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 29/12/2010 1:22:45 AM   
Sumintelligentguy

Yeah CORLEONE do it.

One of the few shows I know that goes from strength to strength - and season 1 sets the standard pretty high - so that's saying something.

R.I.P. Punchy

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 1818
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 29/12/2010 2:19:21 AM   
vad3r

quote:

ORIGINAL: CORLEONE

Considering treating myself to the entire boxset of this. Everyone seems to like it. I guess it's worth 50?

Greatest show ever.

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 1819
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 31/12/2010 3:42:07 PM   
jonathan74

quote:

Absolutely.

Do you really care about the last 5 movies I watched?

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 1820
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 31/12/2010 3:55:42 PM   
Felix

quote:

Its 39 in HMV.

Edit, it was, its back up to 63 now, glad I got it when i did!

< Message edited by Felix -- 31/12/2010 3:56:48 PM >

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 1821
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 1/1/2011 5:56:41 PM   
CORLEONE

Shiza! Ordered the steel boxset off Play for 55. Looking forward to it.

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 1822
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 2/1/2011 12:55:00 PM   
Keyser Sozzled

Not reading any of this thread yet. Just got the complete BSG boxset from Santa so looking forward to getting into it, will report back when done

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 1823
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 16/1/2011 3:28:37 PM   
benmharper

quote:

ORIGINAL: discodave101

quote:

ORIGINAL: benmharper

I'd ignore The Plan. Me and the good lady found it very tedious and a non event, even though BSG is probably up there with our favourite shows ever.

Well i never listened and watched The Plan.I should have listened. The odd decent scene, but really seemed like a bunch of deleted scenes stitched together. On a positve note, it reminded me of how much i liked seasons 1+2, its been a while since i saw them

#3 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

(in reply to discodave101)
Post #: 1824
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 16/1/2011 6:44:56 PM   
CORLEONE

Half way through season one and loving it so far. Hard to talk about it on here cos I'm terrified of spoilers, but I'll just say it's very good so far and Dr Baltar's hilarious. "No more Mr. Nice Gaius!".

(in reply to benmharper)
Post #: 1825
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 17/1/2011 11:03:50 PM   
CORLEONE

Just gonna jump in here and post random things as I work thru this class show. Stuff like:

Vice President Baltar WTF!?

and

Colonel Tigh's wife is a nobhead.

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 1826
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 21/1/2011 1:48:10 PM   
jcthefirst

Anyone know when Caprica is back on Sky1? I'm dying to see the second half.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 1827
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 22/1/2011 6:10:18 PM   
CORLEONE

Commander Adama has just been shot!! Oh Sharon, you conflicted toaster you!

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 1828
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 26/1/2011 8:25:50 PM   
paul_ie86

Luke Pasqualino is the new Adama, He's was in Skins apparently.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/01/26/battlestar-galactica-blood-chorme-cast/

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 1829
RE: Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 27/1/2011 8:37:33 PM   
Captain Black

I'm foggy on the timeline, but surely the guy who played him in Razor's flashback scenes would have been the obvious choice?

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 1830
Page:   <<   < prev  59 60 [61] 62 63   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome Page: <<   < prev  59 60 [61] 62 63   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI