Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Battlestar Galactica

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Battlestar Galactica Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 26/2/2006 11:49:54 PM   
batrico

BSG 2.18
Wow what an episode.I was gripped from start to finish.It was great to see how the other half lived.To see how a cylon was reincarnated was great as its an important part of the show how each cylon gets the memories downloaded but from then on is unique.I agree with Captain Trips it was a great idea having a subconcious Guyus appearing to  Caprica 6.It was like in their case the relationship between six and guyus was turned on its head which was a lot of fun.

It was good to see Lucy Lawless again I like her character and look forward to see more of her.
It was good to see the resistance on caprica again good to see they havent been forgotten.
Finally for now i wonder how the duo of sharon and 6 will get on and will we have a small cylon civil war in the future.Looking forward to next week already Right time to listen to the podcast.

"I aim to misbehave"

"Oh God Oh God we're all Gonna Die"

(in reply to Captain Trips)
Post #: 91
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 27/2/2006 12:47:55 PM   
Captain Black

quote:

ORIGINAL: Captain Trips

I actually meant that maybe Cottle was the Cylon...

Ah yes, sorry, completely misread that part. Good call too, it's certainly a possibility. I don't think any of the main character will turn out to be Cylons. The writers are making things up as they go and I think it would just be too constraining to write character ambiguously enough to maintain the possibility of them being a Cylon. Gaeta is really the only other possibility as we've seen so little of him away from CnC.

And I don't think I mentioned how great I thought James Callis and Tricia Helfer were in this episode. The casting personnel really struck gold with that pairing.

Still in two minds as to whether it would have been a good reveal to see a new Cylon on Caprica. It would have been fun, but not necessarily the best thing for the show.

This is spoilery from the podcast and actually made me happy because it contradicted something that I thought was true that I also considered to be a waste. I won't go any futher, but highlight if you want:

Apparently Lee is going to be in command of the Pegasus far into S3, which means the nuke in Gina's possession is not going to be used on it in the season finale. I'm happy about this as they haven't really used the Pegasus much so far, other than to actually give Lee the command, so his new story starts here.

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to Captain Trips)
Post #: 92
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 27/2/2006 3:45:17 PM   
Timon

2.18 Downloaded

Great episode though i was disappointed we didn't see more of the other models but i guess that would spoil any suprise revalations in the future.

The rebirth scene was a tad Matrixry but i liked the whole idea that Caprica 6 and Sharon feel more human than cylon because of their experiences. I find it difficult to believe they'll be able to convince other Cyclons though. Could they join Anders and his resistance?! It's all to play for..... I doubt they'd be welcome on Galatica though unless they're going to help route out sleeper agents.

Good to see Anders again and i'd like to see him back together with Kara because despite what the fans want, i think having Apollo and Starbuck get together would be a terrible idea.

Birth and the giving away of the child was interesting and well handled but i thought it was a bit odd that Tyrol helped Helo with the "funeral" of the "freak in (Boomer's) belly" considering his feelings towards the situation.

A solid episode and i can't wait to see what will happen.

P.S. EXCELLENT performace from James "Gaius" Callis.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 93
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 27/2/2006 7:15:47 PM   
hongkongphooey

Like everyone else I loved this episode - it was really excellent. Agree about the acting - James Callis in particular was excellent and I loved seeing him in the position we're used to seeing Six in.

I'm warming to Anders slightly - hadn't realised how similar to Lee he is in looks. Can't really see him leaving though, particularly if he does join up with Caprica Six and Sharon to extend the Resistance.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 94
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 28/2/2006 11:44:58 AM   
Beckymonster

I find myself in need of assistance here folks...  due to issues beyond my control (the broadband started playing up and every frelling torrent I've tried has either refused me or is just cr@p) I have been unable to obtain this episode...

Help! A 'good' link would be lovely - I should be able to handle the rest!

(in reply to hongkongphooey)
Post #: 95
RE: Battlestar Galactica - Download Speed - 28/2/2006 11:55:38 AM   
Captain Black

Check your PMs Becky.

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Beckymonster)
Post #: 96
RE: Battlestar Galactica - Download Speed - 28/2/2006 7:52:54 PM   
Zatoichi

Does anyone know if any terrestrial channels will be picking this show up? I haven't seen a single episode before but I'd really like to see it from the start.

"You're so consumed by your personal vengeance against life, whether it be its inherent cruelties or its mysteries, that everything takes on a warped significance to fit your meglo-maniacal cosmology."
"Scully, are you coming on to me?"

Post #: 97
RE: Battlestar Galactica - Download Speed - 28/2/2006 9:30:57 PM   
hongkongphooey

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zatoichi

Does anyone know if any terrestrial channels will be picking this show up? I haven't seen a single episode before but I'd really like to see it from the start.

play are selling the mini series for 5.99 so it might be worth picking it up to see if you like it. Season 1 is only 17.99 too.

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=srmr&page=title&r=R2&title=157769

(in reply to Zatoichi)
Post #: 98
RE: Battlestar Galactica - Download Speed - 1/3/2006 10:01:04 AM   
Beckymonster

Captain Black - you are God.  That is all.

Zatoici - Dude, go with the DVDs.  Trust me on this as no terrestrial carrier has been named yet.  Which is a crying shame as this has the potential to be a (dare I say it... I do) new X-Files.

Now for my thoughts on 2.18...

I don't know about you guys, but for each of the shows that I love, there are episodes that I revere.  The ones that I can point to and say 'this is why I love this show'.

For SG-1 it's 'Abyss', for Babylon 5 it's 'Messages from Earth', for Red Dwarf, it's 'Dimension Jump'.  For BSG it was 'You Can't Go Home Again' (the script for which has just been nominated for a Nebula award).  If nothing else for the interaction between Apollo and Adama.  EJO knocks it out of the park with 'If it were you, we'd never leave!'

'Downloaded' looks like it's going to be added to that select list. 

It's perfect (admittedly, the d/l was crappy - 250mb and boy did it show!) but everything about it was just wonderful. 

Highlights...  Imaginary!Baltar,  Hera, GalacticaBoomer's grief at Hera's 'loss', Doc Cottle, the ashes scene, Helo....  the list could go on!

Trisha Helfer was a revelation, as was James Callis.  Perfect role reversal and as for the whole relationship.  Tragic comedy just about sums them up. 
Ditto Grace Park - Boomer's grief was a living thing.  She wasn't cylon or human, she was a mom who'd lost her child.

Okay, yes, I did go a bit gooey over Hera and yes, I think Laura made the right call.  Look back to 'Sacrifice' and what happened there because people knew that 'a' Sharon was still alive.  What would they do to get a hold of Hera?
Does not even bear thinking about. 
Laura acting as godmother will at least ensure that she will be looked after.  Liked the way that the truth was 'bent' a little there;) 

Someone mentioned about Helo believing in the Cylon god.  His words stated that he could 'almost' believe and given that he was touching his child for the first time...  I don't have kids but I can well imagine that it must be one hell of an experience to realise that you've helped to create a new life.  Might want to start believing in something bigger than yourself. 

As for the ashes scene - people were mentioning about the Chief.  First up, logistics would be key.  Chief would have the kind of pull to get a Raptor up and out to perform the ceremony.  Not only that but he's a kind, considerate guy who'd be grieving alongside Helo and Boomer.  Not to mention that he 'could' call on his background to say a few words of comfort (mother was an oracle, father was a priest) to aid 'Hera' on her way. 

Where does this leave us?  I don't know, but it sure will be fun finding out!
A on the Beckymonster scale;) 

Post #: 99
RE: Battlestar Galactica - Download Speed - 1/3/2006 10:51:30 AM   
Captain Black

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beckymonster

Captain Black - you are God.  That is all.

I thought Ivanova was God.

Zatoichi - I doubt any terrestrial channel will broadcast it as Sky co funded it and will want it to be exclusive, just like 24 (for now at least). However if you've got digital and don't fancy forking out, I expect it will be on Sky Three before too long. I'm currently enjoying The 4400 on there, another Sky exclusive so it does tend to trickle down if you're patient and/or skint.

What's the recommended boxset for season 1? I think I'd prefer something with all the extra features, even if it's a few quid more.

quote:

As for the ashes scene - people were mentioning about the Chief.  First up, logistics would be key.  Chief would have the kind of pull to get a Raptor up and out to perform the ceremony.  Not only that but he's a kind, considerate guy who'd be grieving alongside Helo and Boomer.  Not to mention that he 'could' call on his background to say a few words of comfort (mother was an oracle, father was a priest) to aid 'Hera' on her way.

Were any words spoken or was it silent? Lovely scene.

I adore the Chief, this was a terrific episode of people coming together in a bad situation, which personally, I believe there's a lot more of than when things are going great and people are more out for themselves. I remember watching a Battle of Britain doc and how the pilots said, 'it was difficult to be unpleasant to people who might not be here the next day', I guess that's why I didn't like some of the preceding episodes so much, some of the characters were written as too unsympathetic.

And Chief should sooo hook up with Cally. Lucky b*stard.

And going back to Helo, has he been portrayed as being particularly religious before now? I guess if you're less inclined towards the Colonial polyethiastic (hope that's even close to the right word) then the Cylon alternative might be easier to sway towards.

Other things; D'Anna didn't actually see Six drop a slab on her - it could quite conceivably has just been falling rubble - so Six and Sharon still have their cover.

Only two and a half episoes to go now.

Shame no one said: 'By your command.' That would have rocked.

Invisiotext:

Post #: 100
RE: Battlestar Galactica - Download Speed - 3/3/2006 9:35:32 AM   
elab49

Excellent news on the confirmed new series.

And from the spoilers for the long finale, it looks like my guess was right - they're going all Greek on us.

*spoilers* (light text)

How much does the turn in the story sound like Athens tribute to Crete in the tale of Theseus and the Minotaur?

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

Post #: 101
RE: Battlestar Galactica - Download Speed - 4/3/2006 4:58:31 PM   
galvatron

Episode 19 was another corker! This show is simply brilliant...

But here is my theory of what the cylons plans are so possible spoilers....

I think that Baltar is a cylon and i'm almost certain of this as how could he have survived the nuclear blast on Caprica? I think that 6 appeared to protect him in order to make him think that he survived (God complex) It also rationalises how he survived so when he was 'downloaded' into another body he would think that he survived the blast on Caprica.

Also this would explain how 6 and Baltar are linked as they are some sort of Adam and Eve (along with Helo and Sharon) who 'fall in love' and are 'connected'. The Cylons are clearly trying to manipulate Baltar into Power in order to get the humans to settle on the planet they discovered (i also think the ship jumping to the wrong place was a Cylon plan too) . The Cylons  then will wipe the humans out on that planet. Well that's their plan. I can't see how Baltar could have survived that blast on Caprica.

End possible spoilers

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 102
RE: Battlestar Galactica - Download Speed - 4/3/2006 7:03:26 PM   
Timon

Galvatron, not a bad theory. It would certainly make the whole "seeing Six" thing make sense. Perhaps the Cylon high command is communicating with him in that way and like Boomer he's a sleeper agent.

2.19 Lay Down Your Burdens

Another great episode with Starbuck FINALLY keeping her promise and going back to Caprica. Told you Capt Black! Nah nah nah nah! (I will keep bringing this up for a while to come)

Nice action scenes with the Raptors storming through the atmosphere. Suprised by lack of resistance but then the ending made up for it.....is it all one big trap.

Fleet wise, the elections are on and Baltar being told to "frak himself" was glorious. Also is it just me or are Roslin and Adama getting....close. Nudge nudge wink wink.

And what the hell is going on with the Chief?! He's going nuts. To be fair i'm sure finding out the love of your life is a toaster would screw you over a bit. Nice to Dean "Al" Stockwell there as the most cynical priest ever. I say make that man a regular and have a consoulling team of him and Cottle.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 103
RE: Battlestar Galactica - Download Speed - 4/3/2006 7:41:12 PM   
galvatron

Now i'm even further convinced... Going back to the pilot episode Sharon selects the number in order to get Baltar on board Galactica one spy helping another!!! 

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 104
RE: Battlestar Galactica - Download Speed - 4/3/2006 8:00:39 PM   
Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: galvatron

Now i'm even further convinced... Going back to the pilot episode Sharon selects the number in order to get Baltar on board Galactica one spy helping another!!! 

Yeah but she didn't know she was a Cylon. Plus if Baltar did die in the nuclear explosion, he'd know he was a Cylon when he was reborn and he definetly thinks he's human. Slight flaw in your theory.

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 105
RE: Battlestar Galactica - Download Speed - 4/3/2006 8:24:59 PM   
Beckymonster

B@stardsB@stardsB@stardsB@stardsB@stardsB@stardsB@stards
B@stardsB@stardsB@stardsB@stardsB@stardsB@stardsB@stards
B@stardsB@stardsB@stardsB@stardsB@stards!

S'cuse me - just finished watching 219...  do you think it shows?

Another corker and am I the only one dreading next week?  After all, remember what happened at the end of last season...?  I screamed so damn loud I scared both my little sister and the cat...  who still has to forgive me!

Highlights of this episode.  Laura and her little 'rituals', her giggle fit was glorious...  Timon, yes, they are definitely getting closer.  Which in my mind is a very good thing!  Her (anatomically impossible!) advice to Baltar was a real laugh out loud moment. 

Poor Chief...  I'll say it before either Helo or Captain Black do...  Poor Cally!  Is the Chief a Cylon?  Don't think so, is he going crazy.  Hope not - he's deserves a break - just not a psychotic one! 
Props to Dean Stockwell.  His character is to religion as Doc Cottle is to Medicine.  A good kick up the @ss! 
'That's what we in the prayer buisness call a lie!'  Class! 

Next week's one is a 90 minute special - then it's game over until July...  Thank the Lords of Kobol Doctor Who's back on soon!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 106
RE: Battlestar Galactica - Download Speed - 4/3/2006 9:37:27 PM   
Captain Black

No need for the spoiler colour Galvatron, if it's one of your theories.

And regarding Baltar, if memory serves (and it's going a bit these days) the blast was a great distance away, only the glass that shattered from the shockwave would be a danger and Six shielded him. That's my take on it until proven otherwise anyway.

2.19. Lay Down Your Burdens Part I.

Were there more new bits in the precredits sequence? Lee/Dualla definitely.

I'm kinda back to thinking Dualla is a Cylon now. And Gaeta, basically more screen time makes me suspicious.

And the award for the longest pre credit sequence in history goes to.....10 minutes?!

I really feared that they'd killed off Cally in that sequence, I have to say it was tough to watch. Chief's such a great guy normally. His scenes with Dean Stockwell were gold. Loved the way Dean insinuated that he 'Could be a cylon' just as I was thinking it myself. Damn writers, screwing around with me.

I liked that they explained a bit more about the FTL drives - and the organic part of the Raider inside the Raptor? Liked the atmospheric re-entry. Couldn't help but think when Starbuck highlighted 'windshear' 'turbulence' etc she did kinda miss out 'intense heat brought on by atmospheric entry', but I suppose that could be a known quantity.

quote:

Timon:
Told you Capt Black! Nah nah nah nah! (I will keep bringing this up for a while to come)

Tsk, I did predict it two episodes (and blamed Ron for my earlier comments) ago if you look at one of my earlier posts.

*Cpt Black goes off to sulk in the corner. Again* 

Helo, great again. Lee effective in a small role. Everyone really on their A-game. Callis was again superb. Racetrack looked hot. Sorry, thinking out loud there.

Not my quote, but worth it:

quote:

'Sam, Ziggy says you have to betray humanity before you can leap out!'

More to come after I've listened to the podcast, probably.

Edit: They are so not gonna....well, here's what I think it's spoilered and I'm only going to use the first letter, to claim bragging rights if I'm correct.

Highlight:

N.T.G.

If it's just that Baltar wins the election. Lame.

End (yes, I am aware of the irony of telling Galvatron he didn't need to but trust me, you'll be annoyed if I'm right and you want to be unspoiled ).

Frankly, Moore excites me more than any man should.

Now if you'll excuse me I've got a vigil to maintain by Cally's bedside..... *Sniffs*

< Message edited by Captain Black -- 4/3/2006 10:49:13 PM >

Invisiotext:

Post #: 107
RE: Battlestar Galactica - Download Speed - 5/3/2006 1:21:14 PM   
Timon

Just listened to Moore's commentary.

Next week's finale is apparantly "a risk" and will divide audiences and mostly piss a few of us off. Ooooooooooooooooooooh.

Can't wait.

Post #: 108
RE: Battlestar Galactica - Download Speed - 5/3/2006 1:37:46 PM   
elab49

I so envy you people who are unspoiled as to how the series will end.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 109
RE: Battlestar Galactica - Download Speed - 5/3/2006 3:28:00 PM   
hongkongphooey

I'm worried about next week after listening to the podcast.........

I'm also worried that I'll crack and end up reading spoilers but I'll really try not to!

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 110
RE: Battlestar Galactica - Download Speed - 5/3/2006 4:42:30 PM   
Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

I so envy you people who are unspoiled as to how the series will end.

That's ok, i can't understand people like you who want to know what will happen before they see the show. Surely it just takes all suprise and suspense out of the viewing of the program.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 111
RE: Battlestar Galactica - Download Speed - 5/3/2006 5:24:51 PM   
elab49

Well

a) spoilers don't often spoil programmes for me. If I am watching it it means it is likely good enough to enjoy getting there.

b) I don't generally go for them for this show - but this particular one I came across without it being properly noted as a spoiler, so I didn't have a choice.

quote:

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 112
RE: Battlestar Galactica - Download Speed - 5/3/2006 5:57:52 PM   
hongkongphooey

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

b) I don't generally go for them for this show - but this particular one I came across without it being properly noted as a spoiler, so I didn't have a choice.

That's what I'm scared of - there are some shows I don't mind being spoiled for, but this one and Veronica Mars are two I really don't want to know about! Don't mind small things, but if it is a big twist at the end like I think there will be, I don't want to know!!!!!!

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 113
RE: Battlestar Galactica - Download Speed - 6/3/2006 12:42:33 PM   
jstarbuck

Ep 19 was superb. Highlight for me was the realisation that one of the Raptors had jumped in to the mountain. Nice. Although, how was the transponder still working? Did the matter of the transponder displace the mountain? In which case were the pilots till alive in the cockpit but surrounded by rock? Hmm?

Also Dean Stockwell, he of the 'Pray trade'. Legend.

My blog: http://misanthropiste.blogspot.com/

Reviews: http://misanthropiste-review.blogspot.com/

Post #: 114
RE: Battlestar Galactica - Download Speed - 6/3/2006 1:24:11 PM   
Captain Black

Aaahhhh, Cylon virus. I'd just typed all this out and it's timed out! 

quote:

jstarbuck:
Ep 19 was superb. Highlight for me was the realisation that one of the Raptors had jumped in to the mountain. Nice. Although, how was the transponder still working? Did the matter of the transponder displace the mountain? In which case were the pilots till alive in the cockpit but surrounded by rock? Hmm?

Nice to see you around again, starbuck. I wondered the same thing, depending on your take on how they actually make FTL jumps. If it's a wormhole tunneling method (which fis more into how they've portrayed it on the show visually) they'd smack into the mountain, destroying the transponder. If it's more like rematerialisation (like Trek's transporters) then the Raptor's would (I guess ) sort of blend in with the rock, also stopping the transponder from working. A plot hole I guess, but I suppose it was important to explain the result of the jump.

Dean Stockwell's still great. Was he not Oscar nominated before Quantum Leap? I remember another poster said he saw Dean at a convention, smoking a cigar not 10 feet away from the no-smoking sign.

Regarding spoilers; for me it depends on the show, I did look at a few photos of BSG a while back because I wasn't happy with a few of the episodes and wanted to see what direction they were going in. I was suitably buoyed. I've guessed something big about the final from statements in the podcast, though I'll be pleasantly surprised if I've been deceived or if it's just my poor reading of the situation.

Invisiotext:

(in reply to jstarbuck)
Post #: 115
RE: Battlestar Galactica - Download Speed - 6/3/2006 1:44:45 PM   
jstarbuck

quote:

ORIGINAL: Captain Black

Nice to see you around again, starbuck.

It's good to be back

quote:

Regarding spoilers; for me it depends on the show, I did look at a few photos of BSG a while back because I wasn't happy with a few of the episodes and wanted to see what direction they were going in. I was suitably buoyed. I've guessed something big about the final from statements in the podcast, though I'll be pleasantly surprised if I've been deceived or if it's just my poor reading of the situation.

So is that a good or a bad thing? I don't listen to the podcasts

My blog: http://misanthropiste.blogspot.com/

Reviews: http://misanthropiste-review.blogspot.com/

Post #: 116
RE: Battlestar Galactica - Download Speed - 11/3/2006 11:06:15 AM   
hongkongphooey

Wow.

That is all I can say about the season finale right now.

I loved it, but I can imagine people hating it. Have to watch it again later to fully take it all in.

(in reply to jstarbuck)
Post #: 117
RE: Battlestar Galactica - Download Speed - 12/3/2006 11:40:38 AM   
Timon

Um...wow.

That certainly took the series in a new direction. When it jumped forward a year, i felt kind of robbed. There's obviously so much that has happened in that year and i now i feel it's just going to be renegated into flashbacks. I semi hoped it was all a dream......

But it is a very bold move on behalf on the writers. Baltar has successsfully screwed over humanity, Tyrol is with Callie, Anders is with Starbuch and it looks like Lee is married to Dee. It's all go..........

I'm scratching my head on what's going to happen next. Is it going to be resistance fighting? Will the fleet come back and save the day? If this isn't a dream then the population is really going to be wittled down with the amount of fighting and farming that will happen.

Need more time to think........i'll be back.

Post #: 118
RE: Battlestar Galactica - Download Speed - 12/3/2006 3:34:32 PM   
Timon

Another thing that's been bothering me. The decision to settle on New Caprica is not only stupid but it's suicidal because "Sharon" told them, there were at least 8 other Cylons in the fleet.

If they settle on the planet, those agents would be able to send work, give out a signal or anything to let the Cylon fleet know where they are.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 119
RE: Battlestar Galactica - Download Speed - 12/3/2006 7:59:54 PM   
Captain Black

'Hey, everybody shut the frack up - I'm posting!'

How much more blood, Gaius? How much more?

quote:

jstarbuck
So is that a good or a bad thing? I don't listen to the podcasts

I would have said 'depends if I'm right' had I replied before watching the last episode. I was wrong. Moore lies. He's a Cylon.

This proved an absolute pain to download anyone else find that? Still not got Stargate either.

Podcast is great this week BTW, very funny. More on that in the context of the ep review....

3,2,1, Go....

Well, that's another prediction down the drain....I genuinely thought they were going to Nuke.The.Galactica (as my spoiler capped text from a previous post would atest) because I knew the Pegasus would survive from what Ron said on the podcasts and when the nuke goes up Adama is not on the Galactica. However, in that situation they'd probably have had to rename the show Not!Battlestar Galactica. Spinoff series: Battlestar Pegasus!

quote:

Timon:
Um...wow.

Pretty much my reaction, I guess it really opens up new avenues of storylines for them to tell, but it didn't feel quite.....organic to me. Anyone know what I mean? Like it was - 'hey we'll do this 'cause it'll be cool' and not necessarily (I'll happily be proved wrong) because it's best for the story.

You must all admire my powers of healing. I have snuggled Cally and now she is better.
And go Chief, you lucky git.

Really liked how the actions of Downloaded played in to this.

Tigh of all people rigging the election.

Regardless of the plot logic the character beats were spot on.

When Dean Stockwell is revealed as the Cylon and is then in the cell, you could see Mary McDonnell thinking 'airlock, airlock'. Or was that just me?
He was absolutely great, especially when he's all 'I'm not a Cylon...' sees himself 'oh, alright then, the game's up' and then has the conversation with himself.

Apparently Torri will be in future episodes. This is cool, she's actually a far more effective character than Billy.

Curse Gaeta and his retentiveness. That guy would have no friends in real life. Oh well, maybe they can do good things with him next season.

Really expected Galactica to get caught in the nukuler[sic] blast. Still, glad it didn't. They didn't really explain why Gina detonated the nuke though - can anyone enlighten me? Was I just not paying attention?

Loved the transition to one year later. Was Baltar's leather Presidential chair black where Roslin's was red? Just the lighting maybe.

Didn't like all the ageing processes they all went through, Starbuck's was the most effective. Dualla's was more than a year, Tigh actually looked considerably younger, and what was up with those Adamas? Awful 'tache and implied weight gain? Eh? Chief was decent and Cally had a certain glow about her.

Took me a while to pick up Maya and the Cylon baby. Loved Mary McDonnell as the teacher. Here's something cool, the cradle the baby is in is the one from Baltar's dream.

Loved EJO breaking the filter off the cigarette. That was a great scene between him and Tigh. I've always kinda liked Tigh (maybe Paul Hogan's acting would be closer to the truth) and he seemed to make the transition over the one year on period the best. Perhaps we'll see him come into his own as a possible resistance leader.

Loved Gaius's Presidential portrait on the wall behind him. Egomaniac much?

James Callis should get an Emmy based on this ep.

So, as something of a recap.

• Adama (please get rid of the 'tache I was having Miami Vice flashbacks and not in a good way), Helo on Galactica - as XO?.
  • Apollo (plus paunchy stomach?), Dualla on Pegasus.
  • Tigh (all of a sudden best mates with Starbuck), Ellen on New Caprica.
  • Starbuck, Cally (pregnant) & Chief possibly forming some kind of resistance movement(?? ) on New Capria.
  • Gaeta with Baltar in the Presidents office.
  • Cottle is on the surface as well.
  • Where's imprisoned Boomer? Or have I answered ny own question? And what's the point of rhetorical questions?

Other things - Leoben looking for Starbuck. Centurions on Galactica. Was Zarek not a terrorist originally? Skills for resistance building methinks.

Apparently we have to wait until October, curses, why can't we just jump a year ahead?

Edited to add a few things.

< Message edited by Captain Black -- 13/3/2006 11:56:56 AM >

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Battlestar Galactica Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI