Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Battlestar Galactica

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Battlestar Galactica Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 9/1/2006 4:47:08 PM   
cazzakim

of-course the girls are all very pretty - i grant you, but think may have to agree with beckymonster on the hotness of helo - and other guys for that matter.
think i must have been salivating over the episode with anders, doc 'cylon' simon and of-course good old Cap Apollo!!

i just can't believe how deep this series goes (dealing with some very yucky stuff) - much further than other series, sci-fi or not. i think this is why i like it so much.

(in reply to Beckymonster)
Post #: 31
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 9/1/2006 6:53:29 PM   
batrico

What an episode now thats how a tv series should be.Loved the last scenes especially with both Adama and Cane planning their strategy against one other. It brought tension to a new level.Wonder how long Rosylin got left wonder if this is another twist their putting in .Probably wont happen till end of series 2 im guessing.
"Shoot her in the head" wonder if adama thinks Canes a zombie lol.
Roll on saturday.

"I aim to misbehave"

"Oh God Oh God we're all Gonna Die"

(in reply to cazzakim)
Post #: 32
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 9/1/2006 8:47:30 PM   
Helo

Holy frackin frack!  I think the word is gravitas. 

Eddie Olmos ran just about every acting emotion possible in that 45 minutes.  Just awesome.  His scene with Kara was nerve-wringing and was easily my fave moment of TV for years. 

Engaging cloak:
Well, it's official, Cain is a dick.  Thankfully, I'm beginning to feel that her xo is cottoning on to that too.  I think we can all see the flaw there in Cain's plan to get hold of the Galactica. 

"But it's Swiss!"

"Five card stud, nothing wild. And the sky's the limit."

(in reply to batrico)
Post #: 33
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 10/1/2006 3:09:43 PM   
Captain Black

No need for a cloak Helo, unless you're homaging (*cough*rippingoff*Cough*) the Blackbird.

This is waaaayyyy off topic but it might be interesting for the Michelle Forbes fans.

Some other internet poster's words:

quote:

Global Frequency.

The show was supposed to be an adaptation of the Warren Ellis comic book miniseries, following around a global agency of 1001 who are called upon to deal with emergencies that no one else can handle, based on proximity and area of expertise. The pilot, produced by Mark Burnett, was apparently pretty good (and Michelle Forbes played Miranda Zero, the ballbusting head of Global Frequency), but never saw the light of day due to internal politics and squabbling at the WB.

At least, until it got leaked onto BitTorrent, and was viewed tens of thousands of times. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to an era where a show that never made it to the airwaves can have a cult audience.

I'd like to emphasise the bit in bold as it reminds me of the A-Team.
I think I may be doing a search for that on ye olde interweb tonight!

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to Helo)
Post #: 34
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 10/1/2006 6:36:35 PM   
Timon

I think it's ironic that Michelle Forbes quit Star Trek: The Next Generation (as Ro Laren) to get in to films and she's ended up back on TV.

With the exception of Swimming With Sharks, i never saw her in any other films yet nowadays she's cropping up in 24, Prison Break and Battlestar.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 35
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 10/1/2006 8:53:52 PM   
Beckymonster

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

I think it's ironic that Michelle Forbes quit Star Trek: The Next Generation (as Ro Laren) to get in to films and she's ended up back on TV.

With the exception of Swimming With Sharks, i never saw her in any other films yet nowadays she's cropping up in 24, Prison Break and Battlestar.

She was also in a film called 'Kalifornia' - was an early Brad Pitt film - with David Duchovny and Juliette Lewis.  AFAIR - DD got his pants off and there was some serious male nudity involved!  My housemate at the time was potty about Mr D...  she was most 'enlightened!'

Who needs movies - all the 'cool' actors are on TV these days

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 36
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 11/1/2006 10:38:03 AM   
Captain Black

quote:

If I remember correctly, they had her in mind for the Kira role in DS9, but wrote her out when she didn't sign on and replaced Ro with Kira. Didn't Ro join the Maquis in the end?. At least she's done other things though, Denise Crosby anyone?

quote:

Who needs movies - all the 'cool' actors are on TV these days

I was saying that to Kiefer Sutherland and Hugh Laurie, just the other day.

It's a different (TV) world now. TV is much higher quality, both in terms of production values and script, storylines, quality of roles etc.

Four days to go.......

Invisiotext:

Post #: 37
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 11/1/2006 1:51:02 PM   
cazzakim

totally - but is tv so much better because there are more writers for a series and film script writers are usually by their lonesome?

and please oh please let the blooming cain get her comeuppance!!! and all the hot guys unexplicably having to get their kits off!!

Post #: 38
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 13/1/2006 11:02:03 AM   
calhoon

[shameless threadbump™]

Part 2 tonight:
Do you think Starbuck will waste Admiral Cain?
Will the Pegasus' XO take Adama down?
Will Cain execute Helo and the Chief?
Will Laura make it to the end of the episode?

I don't think that I have been this excited about a TV show since the final episode of The Sopranos season 5.

In fact i'm going to hold my breath until the torrent is up.......who is with me?

[/shameless threadbump™]

"I could kiss you all over the face right now"

(in reply to cazzakim)
Post #: 39
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 13/1/2006 11:27:00 AM   
Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Captain Black

quote:

If I remember correctly, they had her in mind for the Kira role in DS9, but wrote her out when she didn't sign on and replaced Ro with Kira. Didn't Ro join the Maquis in the end?. At least she's done other things though, Denise Crosby anyone?

Yeah Ro joined the Maquis.

And Denise Crosby did....um.....well she had a role in Deep Impact.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Post #: 40
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 14/1/2006 6:25:19 PM   
Captain Black

9.12 Pegasus II spoilers.

Oh, and indeed, yes.

Couldn't believe how far they were willing to go with the Helo, Tyrol scene.

Nice battle scene, though I didn't work in the same way as the plan, wasn't the Res ship supposed to have its FTL taken out before the Galactica jumped in?

Those were some pretty explosions, probably a bit too much fire really, though I liked the way that the Blackbird's fuel was ignited as it was pouring out. Put your money on it for FX come Emmy time. Looks like they need a new Stealth ship.

My heart was pounding when Starbuck was walking back. Still not sure why Cain didn't order Fisk's men fire though.

Didn't make a whole load of sense how Six was able to get into Cain's quarters. Did anyone have a few quid on Six being the one? Oh, yes, I did Though I was covering all the bases and as Apollo was recovering from being oxygen starved and defibralized I was a bit, shall I say 'off the mark' there.

A bit of divided loyalties at the end with Starbuck there, so they now have two Battlestars, should make them a much stronger fighting force.

That D can't make her mind up can she? Seemed a strange scene when she listened to Apollo and Starbuck to me, especially when Billy shows up a little later.

Anyone else think 'frack off' when Cain's body was cast into the abyss?

And then there's the last scene.  Just, aah and then bless. Did I squeal like a girl when Adama kissed Roslin? You bet I did, complete with manly fist pumping.

Is it next week yet?

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 41
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 14/1/2006 10:25:32 PM   
calhoon

Damn straight, one of the most tense hours* of television I have seen for some time.

So now Gaius has a real Six to play with I liked her last line to Cain "You're not my type"
Do you think his imaginary Six has gone for good?

Also kudos to the Chief for his walk away while Sharon and Helo giggled like newlyweds.

So much good in this episode, Helo and the Cheif being 'soaped' (thought we were going to lose one of them for a while there), the FX were indeed worthy of awards, Starbucks walk to the Pegasus CIC, Lee's confession to Starbuck with Dee listening, Adama's promotion and of course the kiss!

Going into stasis for seven days!

Captian Black: where do you get your torrents? mine was slooow this week.

*42 minutes, if you are a pedant.

Post #: 42
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 15/1/2006 11:41:30 AM   
Captain Black

More spoilers throughout this post..............

The podcast is recommended this week, Moore seems to recover from a cold as it progresses. He answers a lot of the ambiguities. Why did Cain not give her order? Because she changed her mind, simple as that. Possibly a cop out depending on your point of view, but Adama did too, for moral reasons, and I don't think any of us have a problem with that. He also emphasises that he desperately wanted to keep the Pegasus intact because the gut reaction from the audience is 'oh, they've introduced this big new ship, it can't survive' and he wanted to do the opposite of that. I think he's spot on. One of the cool things about this show is that because it goes against the grain so often, when it does do something that might otherwise be predictable (in this case Gina killing Cain) it doesn't seem predictable.

Calhoon: I'll just say the tracker had a '10' in it, that's the important thing . Mine flew, I guess I was grabbing your bandwidth.

RE: The torture scene at the start. I don't think I made it clear in my last post but did anyone else think there were implications that they were going to be raped? I was thinking 'no way are they going to show this.' I hope those two characters are not forgotten about by Adama is forthcoming episodes.

Has imaginary Six gone for good? Hmmn, tough one. It depends on where exactly 'Gina' (for anyone who doesn't know that's what Ron Moore refers to Pegasus Six as) is and if she's still on the fleet somewhere, then I can see less imaginary Six. If Gina isn't in the fleet then Six will be back no doubt.

I think Galactica runs considerably less than 42 minutes when you consider the 'previously on...' and the montage preview at the start. Please tell me I'm not the only one who looks away from that, it's a very stupid idea.

I think this ep was a real turning point for a lot of the characters, Apollo and Starbuck in particular, also the Chief - nice spot with him walking away, I liked how he just looked at Helo and Boomer for a few seconds, then turned his back. I can't wait to see how that plays out in the next ep. Poor Laura doesn't look like she's got much time left.

Invisiotext:

(in reply to calhoon)
Post #: 43
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 15/1/2006 5:01:43 PM   
Helo

More possible spoilers ahead!!!

Well, a lot of that was foretold but didn't make it any less heartpounding.  The question is, will Kara stay on Pegasus as their CAG?  Wouldn't surprise me.

I think the final scene with Bill and Laura was fantastic.  Just fabulously acted.  Another shippers paradise
Speaking of which, I think D really is falling for Apollo, and that'll probably play itself out over next few Ep's as we'll likely see Apollo go on a massive drinking bender a-la Col. Tigh.

Glad that Pegasus is hanging round too (at least for now...), would have been pandering to the fans of the Classic series to have her be destroyed too.  I just hope they don't forget the fragile relationship that still must exist between some members of the two crews.

Though he didn't have many scenes, our Dr. Gaius nearly stole the show again.  The scene where he frees Gina was very cool.

Agreed on the FX too.  Nothing on TV can touch it. 

"But it's Swiss!"

Post #: 44
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 15/1/2006 6:56:13 PM   
Beckymonster

Oh my frakking lord!

I doubt I was the only person who was surprised by the way this went.  Especially at the beginning.  Not that it's a complaint.  Scantily clad, wet Apollo always gets a 'yeah babee!' from me. 

Theory time - is it me or did most of the male characters 'admit' that there are people that they love.  In the case of the Adamas, not in so many words but...  it's there.

quote:

And then there's the last scene.  Just, aah and then bless. Did I squeal like a girl when Adama kissed Roslin? You bet I did, complete with manly fist pumping.

Is it next week yet?

You squee like a girl?!  Heck - I thought I was the only one who did that!

But yes...  SQUEEE!!  I hope that Laura makes it through - she and Bill would make a lovely couple...  I watched this at about midnight last night and I just sighed like a girl.  I'd seen the stupendous 'Brokeback Mountain' earlier in the day and this made for an excellent companion in the romance stakes. 

All in all another great episode - will have a think and come back with more coherent thoughts later!

(edited because I was half asleep at the time!)

< Message edited by Beckymonster -- 16/1/2006 9:37:47 AM >

Post #: 45
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 16/1/2006 9:04:38 AM   
calhoon

quote:

Please tell me I'm not the only one who looks away from that, it's a very stupid idea.

Nope me too, stupid, stupid idea, if i want to know what happens in the episode......I'LL WATCH THE FRAKKING EPISODE!

quote:

Mine flew, I guess I was grabbing your bandwidth
cheers for that

Post #: 46
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 16/1/2006 9:04:54 AM   
cazzakim

I think i am getting more and more impressed by James Callis all the time - i think off all the conflicted characters, he is one of the most conflictedest!!! his acting is so great!!
hated the almost hour long  'previously on' bit ... i know i watched the episode before watching the new one, but still, it was super long this one.

and ha - knew some hottie was getting their kit off - he he.

I am glad that as we all kinda knew that the resurrection ship was going to be destroyed with pratically no trouble, and so there was a relativcely short period of action scenes and more to do with the dynamics of the relationship of the two ships. I knew i said before that i hope Cain get her comeuppance, what Kara said was a bit true at the end. I think adama has also done some yucky things, but i think we forgive him more as we know him and seeen all the troubles he has gone through.

I can't believe how much i love this series!!

Post #: 47
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 16/1/2006 1:04:19 PM   
Captain Black

quote:

Helo:
Another shippers paradise

I've warned you about this before, that's it - you're banned!

quote:

Beckymonster:
 You squee like a girl?!  Heck - I thought I was the only one who did that!

But yes...  SQUEEE!!  I hope that Laura makes it through - she and Bill would make a lovely couple...  I watched this at about midnight last night and I just sighed like a girl.

What me, squee like a girl? Whatever gave you that impression? I did mention the manly fist pumping right?

Check your PMs Becky, I've made an avatar for you that might be related to this scene.

Edit: Cobblers, here it is anyway:

quote:

cazzakim:
and ha - knew some hottie was getting their kit off - he he.

*grumble, grumble* I hope Cally has a similar experience in the not too distant future *grumble, grumble* she wasn't even in this episode *grumble*

quote:

I am glad that as we all kinda knew that the resurrection ship was going to be destroyed with pratically no trouble, and so there was a relativcely short period of action scenes and more to do with the dynamics of the relationship of the two ships.

Ron Moore said exactly the same thing in the podcast. Having said that, anyone else think it was a touch easy for the Battlestars to blast the hell out of the Cylon bastestars? I guess you factor in the element of surprise and the first strike, but in the past the Basestars have been portrayed as quite dominant. Minor quibble of course.

I think the theme of the episode was not just 'can we survive', but 'are we worthy to survive' and Cain wasn't (to me at least) as she sacrificed other humans by stripping their ships and abusing (or at least condong the abuse of) prisoners. Bad lady. And of course, hot head Starbuck thinks she's great, get real Kara.

< Message edited by Captain Black -- 17/1/2006 10:56:46 AM >

Invisiotext:

(in reply to cazzakim)
Post #: 48
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 16/1/2006 8:17:03 PM   
hongkongphooey

I only started watching Battlestar Galactica just after New Year which means I've watched the mini-series, season 1, and season 2 up to ep12 - I think I've overdone it as I am completely and utterly obsessed with the show now!

Just finished episode 12 and thought it was brilliant. Can't believe I have to wait for a new ep now though........Don't know how you lot managed to last months in between episodes.

(in reply to calhoon)
Post #: 49
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 17/1/2006 11:35:00 AM   
cazzakim

hey hongkongphooey - me too!!! Its so great!!

Also, what the heck is a podcast?

Good hunting people!! he he (had to get a galacticaism in)

(in reply to hongkongphooey)
Post #: 50
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 17/1/2006 12:29:26 PM   
Captain Black

A podcast is basically a director (or in this case producer) commentary they put up on:
www.scifi.com/battlestar  
for each episode, just go there, click on the podcast button, then right click on the episode and choose 'save target as'. They're 10-20 meg I think (MP3 format), so I just put it into winamp and watch the episode again. There are sometimes small spoilers, but Moore is pretty careful and he's a really good talker; brisk, keeps it interesting, he can be funny but he doesn't go out of his way to tell jokes.

Invisiotext:

(in reply to cazzakim)
Post #: 51
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 20/1/2006 9:44:46 AM   
Beckymonster

Saving this thread from the ignomity of page 3...

Captain - that is a mighty fine icon.  Cause for lots of squeeing;) 

As it's Friday , I thought I'd post this - from TWOP (Television WithOut Pity) it's a short excerpt from a recap of Res Ship II but it discusses tonight's episode... 

Next week: I don't give a frak (my change) what happens as long as Laura gets fixed. I mean it. They could fully meet magical beings from the future with googly eyes and eldritch potions, I wouldn't care, she and Lee could bond over having beat the Reaper and become weird kamikaze freaks with Starbuck and just do intentionally dangerous adrenaline-rush stuff all the time, she can find some kind of nanotech bracelet in the hallway that kills cancer as long as she wears it and then have a farce episode where Ellen Tigh gets drunk and runs off with it and they get it back at the last second, she can run into Gina in the hallway and get shot only in the cancer, she can turn out a Cylon, she can download into another body that looks like Laura, harvest Boomer's fetal stem cells, whatever it takes, I don't care, I don't care. She can just wake up and be like, "The cancer was only a dream!" and Bill can be taking a shower. Fuck story logic. I need Laura Roslin.

http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/story.cgi?show=145&story=8739&page=13&sort=&limit=

So say we all! 

Post #: 52
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 20/1/2006 10:14:16 AM   
Captain Black

Anyone's welcome to use that gif as an avatar, though I think it might be regarded as a spoiler, so best to wait until Sky have broadcast that episode I think. Just right click on it for the path and paste that in.

I think that they could just have Doc Cottle say 'oops, made a mistake' and everyone would cheer! That's how much love we have for Mary McDonnell right now, screw logic, just keep the character in the show.

Realistically, I think it's got to have something to do with Boomer. She's the only element (with the possible exception of Baltar) that might give them knowledge or technology to beat the cancer without visiting some kind of alien world and doing things that way. I really don't think they'd adopt the latter approach. Perhaps Baltar might get increasingly nervous about having to become President and Six will intervene, giving him some kind of idea how the Cylons overcome illness. That's what my money's on any how.

Invisiotext:

Post #: 53
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 21/1/2006 10:37:46 AM   
Helo

Cap'n... you do realise the consequences of posting that gif on here, don't you? 

Takes cover and puts fingers in ears whilst 'shippers let out a barrage of SQUEEEEEEELS!!

Engaging stealth mode:
Anyone found a decent torrent for 2.13 'Epiphanies' yet? Can only find the one so far, v.slow, less than 10kB/s average....
Stealth off....

VERY minor spoilers ahead...... back into stealth!

Looks like next weeks Ep, 2.14,  is going a bit gangster on us....

http://www.galacticastation.com/Galactica%20Station/episodes/S2guide/214.htm

From the look of the pics, I think Becky'll be in two minds as to a certain scene....Yay...Lee nudity....Grrrr, with another girlie!

Well, just 13 and a half hours to go til I can watch 2.13.... 

"But it's Swiss!"

Post #: 54
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 21/1/2006 11:03:31 AM   
hongkongphooey

Wow - what an episode! 2.13 is one of the best I've seen so far - it had a bit of everything!!!

(in reply to Helo)
Post #: 55
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 21/1/2006 3:15:30 PM   
Captain Black

SPOILERS FOR 2.13

quote:

hongkongphooey:
Wow - what an episode! 2.13 is one of the best I've seen so far - it had a bit of everything!!!

Them's mighty impressive downloading skills you're demonstrating there, did you get it from a newsgroup?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Helo

Cap'n... you do realise the consequences of posting that gif on here, don't you? 

Didn't I say you were banned?

I'll be posting my thoughts when I've finished watching it - see you in about an hour.....

....more than an hour later.....

First off - bloody awful quality rip, what monkeys are producing this?

A nice 'small' episode compared to last week. They just hammer out the quality, it's almost too easy.

Numerous smaller elements that they're introducing, particularly the Cylon sympathisers.

Thought it was a touch odd at the start when Kat 'cleaned' the barrels, surely you wouldn't be wasting ammo like that?

James Callis was absolutely superb in this episode, loved the direction with some of his scenes with Six, particularly the rotating shot when she 'disappears' and everyone around is looking at Baltar.

Well I was way off the mark with the cancer cure, but it very well handled I thought. Maybe that's why other people are writers and I post my thoughts on an internet message board.

Ron Moore gives Picard a big shout out in the podcast!

And now Gina has a nuke.

Edit (again): Frak, podcast has a season ending spoiler, well, it's not too specific but it's damn obvious what Ron's implying.

< Message edited by Captain Black -- 21/1/2006 5:14:03 PM >

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Helo)
Post #: 56
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 21/1/2006 4:05:14 PM   
hongkongphooey

quote:

Them's might impressive downloading skills you're demonstrating there, did you get it from a newsgroup?

No - bitmetv. Got it in under half an hour, which was pretty impressive but by then there were over 200 seeds and hardly any leechers

Spoilers 2.13 

Loved the way they dealt with Roslyn's cancer - I think it could have been hokey on another show, but Mary McDonnell is such a good actress that you just want her to be ok, no matter what it takes. Some interesting times ahead with her relationship with Sharon I think. In the official podcast, Ronald D Moore says that the cancer may not have disappeared forever though.

I was a bit confused by Baltar sending Gina the nuclear reactor. Seemed a bit of an overreaction to a fit of pique in my opinion, and not a smart move at all. Not a smart move from the most manipulative man in the fleet?

Looking forward to  next week's Apollo centric episode. :)

< Message edited by hongkongphooey -- 21/1/2006 4:06:57 PM >

Post #: 57
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 21/1/2006 5:07:07 PM   
Timon

Ok, i've going to go against the grain here and say that 2.13 was so far the weakest episode of the season...possibly the series.

- The whole concept of peace activists in the fleet was very interesting but it all seemed rather ham fisted. Their demands seemed rather....well......stupid. Peace with a race that just destroy 12 of your homeworlds?! There's always a few but i felt it could have been handled better.

- Laura's cure. Well handled, even if i didn't buy into it at first. The main thing that got me was how, so close to death, she suddenly remembered seeing Gaius getting jiggy with a Cyclon.....she hadn't thought of that earlier?! I did like finding out she had being seeing President Adar though. Nice touch.

Was expecting more of a reaction from Helo...and Starbuck and Apollo...who all seemed to be sidelined this episode. Also i wanted to see how having the Pegasus in the fleet had affected things but instead it all seemed rather contrived. The whole flashback thing seemed far too "Lost" for my liking and if they start doing that every episode it's going to get old very quickly. I want shipboard matters sorted.

As for sending a Cyclon some nuclear material...........what the hell is he thinking?!?!

A solid episode but considering what had gone before it....dissapointing.

(in reply to hongkongphooey)
Post #: 58
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 21/1/2006 5:52:37 PM   
Helo

POSSIBLE SPOILERAGE AHEAD!!

Satisfactory if not blinding Ep to keep things nicely ticking over.  Best things: the Baltar stuff, the hints of Lee really not giving a frak anymore, the Helo/Adama stand-off (am glad Helo made a stand, in keeping with his character).  Not so good:  not enough Kara or any Pegasus, Lost-style flasbacks (more of them to come I'm afraid).

Most of us have twigged by now that the Cylon-sypmathisers will have a massive role in the season finale, likely revolving around Baltar's little gift to Gina-Six.  Good thread if you ask me, about time we saw more of the dissent from within the fleet.  Speaking of which I know Tom Zarek and Ellen Tigh will make reappearances very soon.... about time.

Need some more D/Apollo tension as well I think, this is a good side plot they sould be doing more to develop, seeing the effect it's having on Billy/Kara respectively.... think that could crop up in future Ep 'Sacrifices' though.

BTW.... anyone noticed the lack of Lt. Gaeta action in last 4 or 5 episodes?  Very brief lines yet he seemed to get a lot more screentime toward the end of Season 1 and early Season 2.

BIGGER SPOILER AHOY!!!

Should see more of Pegsus next week and it's not good news for a certain recently promoted character... moral of this show....never take command of the Pegasus

Slightly OT.... have been trying to get on BitMeTV for a while but is always full.  Grrr.

"But it's Swiss!"

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 59
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 22/1/2006 10:10:30 AM   
Beckymonster

Immediate thought at the end of the episode... 

"SHE'S ALIVE! SHE'S ALIVE!!!!!"

Bit of a quieter one, but still pretty goddamn fantastic all the same.   Good to see the passage of time for a change.  About 200 days has passed since the world ended. Also that Sharon is starting to 'show'. I'm  not a midwife, but I'd say that she must be about 3-4 months gone by now. 

It's interesting to see that there seems to be a bit of a theme running through the lives of the main characters. That their worlds were 'ending' just before the attacks. Roslin's near resignation (and the cancer diagnosis...  was I the only one looking for the 'Firefly' class frieghter? in that scene?), Adama's ex getting re-married (and his retirement)...  something tells me that next week will show that there is another character who had to deal with such things too.

Not too sure where they are going with the whole Cylon sympathiser/Baltar storyline here but I have faith (sic) that RDM won't let us down (not only that but we share the same initals!)

Other notes - Helo rocks!  So does Billy.  Shades of Lennier anyone?  Never left Roslin's side.  Even holding her hand...  shucks. 

Confession time - I was in tears even before the frakking opening credits ran... pulled it together enough to watch it all but when Adama put out the call...  damnit, I hate it when shows do that to me!

Must agree with either Helo/Capt. B. twas a poor rip tonight but who gives a frak - was a corker of an episode and I'm glad that (at very least for now) Roslin's cancer is outta there! 

Now comes the fun stuff...  how is she going to deal with her new lease of life... personal recommendation?  Go chasing after Adama, doesn't matter which one and do something to remind herself that yup...  she's still alive!

So say we all!

(in reply to Helo)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Battlestar Galactica Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI