Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Battlestar Galactica - US Speed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Battlestar Galactica - US Speed Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Battlestar Galactica - US Speed - 30/9/2005 12:45:11 PM   
Captain Black

Edit: We've finished season 2 here now, so if the Sky viewers want to jump in the post mortem begins at about page 7 of the thread.

FTL jump complete.

Gaeta: No sign of Cylons, sir!

*Bridge Cheers*

< Message edited by Captain Black -- 27/8/2006 9:36:39 AM >

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]
Post #: 1
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 2/1/2006 4:44:43 PM   
Helo

Have just watched the SciFi Inside special for BSG season 2 part 2.  Pretty much just a recap of the story so far with interviews with the stars.  The highlight though is the VERY brief minute or so at the end giving some glimpses of the rest of the season. Engaging cloak There's a nice face off between Kara and Cain, not sure where it comes in the next few Ep's. Hints that things are getting testy between Roslin and Gaius. Lots of Lee being angsty. And, a scene to make the Lee/Kara shippers go ga-ga!

You can see it here: http://television.aol.com/feature/battlestar_galactica_tv

"But it's Swiss!"

"Five card stud, nothing wild. And the sky's the limit."
Post #: 2
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 3/1/2006 10:15:07 AM   
Captain Black

Right, that's it - I'm bringing the foot down now people, it's coming down, it's planted, it's down - the foot has spoken! It's my thread and I'm banning anyone who uses the term 'shipping' when not related to anything nautical from now on!

This link's something Becky, in particular, will like. Magazine scans of the parents of the colonial fleet

Something else that's been bugging me recently: the ranks of people in Battlestar. Now, this first came to my attention in Babylon 5 because I wanted to know if Sinclair out ranked Sheridan or vice versa. In B5 they seem to be adopting the Navy system, where in Stargate it's clearly the Air Force. However, in BSG, Adama is a Commander, right? Cain is an Admiral, both Navy, but Tigh is a Colonel? Eh? The rank just doesn't exist in the Navy so is this related to them being on an Aircraft carrier type ship? What are Starbuck and Apollo?

And what the heck does CAG stand for while we're at it?

Yours, bemused and in need of geeky answers,
Cap Black

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Helo)
Post #: 3
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 3/1/2006 11:01:09 AM   
Helo

Geeky answer number one...

quote:

I believe that'll be, Chief of the Air Guard.

"But it's Swiss!"

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 4
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 3/1/2006 3:09:24 PM   
Timon

quote:

Commander of the Air Group

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Helo)
Post #: 5
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 3/1/2006 7:17:41 PM   
Captain Black

Timon's correct there, Helo.

Right this is from Ron Moore himself, I can be put at ease now.

From the Wikipedia:

quote:

Military The Colonial military appears to be organized much the same in the original and the remake. From the comparatively small amount of onscreen evidence, a Battlestar is apparently meant to be the lead vessel in a battle group which normally consists of many smaller vessels. This is spelled out in more detail in the remake, which explicitly places the Galactica as one of two or three battlestars of a battle group. We hear of both a Colonial Fleet, and Colonial Marines; however, we meet very few of the latter, as Galactica only had a small Marine contingent on board due its impending decommissioning at the time of the attack Officers in the Colonial Fleet are given ranks resembling ranks presently used in both armies and navies. Ronald D. Moore outlined the rank structure in a blog entry in February of 2005. The rank structure for Colonial Fleet officers is as follows for officers: For enlisted crewmen, ranks are thus: The Colonial Marines have a different rank structure; Private, Corporal, Sergeant, etc. Their officer rank structure has not been shown, although it is unknown whether any Marine officers have even survived (when we see Marines on the show, they are usually led by Fleet officers such as Apollo, Starbuck, or Tigh). The commanding and executive officers of the Galactica are a Commander and Colonel, respectively, and have been since before the destruction of the colonies. Dr. Cottle holds the rank of Major. There are a few senior officers with the rank of Captain as well as several lieutenants, though apparently besides Dr. Cottle there are few Majors on the ship. The second season introduced Admiral Helena Cain (played by Michelle Forbes), in command of the Battlestar Pegasus.

Still can't find Cally's first (or second) name though. Unless it's Cally Cally which would be stoopid.

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 6
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 4/1/2006 12:46:35 AM   
batrico

Hurrah continuation of season 2 starts Friday.I cant wait to see what happens. 

"I aim to misbehave"

"Oh God Oh God we're all Gonna Die"

Post #: 7
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 6/1/2006 10:21:23 AM   
Captain Black

So, will anyone else be staring at the clock today? It's a bit like 33. Only in reverse.

Pegasus will definitely be rewatched tonight, to get me back into the rythm of the show.

I'm gonna spoiler the next bit just in case:

Right, the episode is called Resurrection Ship (I think that's released information but still) - now, can anyone think what this might refer to? Might it be that big ship that Starbuck's off to investigate? Now, I'm really hoping that we get to see a little bit of the insides of the ship (even if the Galactica crew don't), it might reveal a bit more about the Cylon levels of technology and organisational structure. And I like to know about this sort of thing.

Resurrection does kinda confirm my suspicions (is it possible to gamble on TV show plot twists? I imagine so, I might make a few quid from spoiler sites from stuff I don't actually watch!) that it's something to do with the Cylon reproductive process. I wonder if there are cloned bodies on board, yet also it might sort of 'beam' the Cylon conciousness from one body to the other. Callum Keith Rennie's character (was that Leoben?) seemed scared that he was too far away for his couciousness to be transferred, so perhaps that explains why this ship needs to be mobile, rather than a facility at a base. It's a bit like a mobile phone tower!

If it's in range, they might be searching for Gina and therefore she might commit suicide in order to escape. It's another dark development for the show, but I could easily see it happening.

Invisiotext:

(in reply to batrico)
Post #: 8
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 6/1/2006 7:41:17 PM   
Helo

Be still my beeping router!  The time is almost upon us......

"But it's Swiss!"

Post #: 9
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 7/1/2006 12:44:13 PM   
Captain Black

Hmmmn, anyone else found that the file for 2.11 is a bit small - only 270Mb? I'm getting SG-1 first and waiting for confirmation. 

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Helo)
Post #: 10
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 7/1/2006 6:02:19 PM   
Captain Trips

i noticed that too, maybe it's a lower quality format?

Post #: 11
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 7/1/2006 6:33:22 PM   
Captain Black

The quality is not noticeably worse.

Review when I've finished watching the Bill Adama power hour

.....Well now I have!

2.11. Resurrection Ship

Wow it's like it's never been away.

Didn't realise the Blackbird had an FTL drive, makes me wonder why they can't put them in regular Vipers.

Lords of Kobol that opening was tense. It was about 8 minutes before the credits.

I'm having issues of scale with the Resurrection Ship itself, (oh and yeah I was right with my prediction - yay for me ) clearly we could see copies of Six and yet it's supposed to be far larger than a Basestar, which presumably dwarfs a Battlestar? Nice design though.

Loved the line near the start:
'I am sure that Pegasus would prevail in any fight'
'I wouldn't count on it'

Gotta love that Bill Adama.

Interesting conversation with Adama and Pres. Hmmmnnnn - foreshadowing perhaps? Tricia Helfer does a pretty good Starbuck I wonder if she imitate Mary McDonnell as well?

Captain Thrace will be changing her callsign to 'Corleone' after this one. When that to be continued kicked in I thought we were only half way through the episode (well, I suppose we were, but you know what I mean) it just flies. Cool thing about this cliffhanger is that it won't be resolved until the end of the next episode. Now - will they actually manage to destroy the Res Ship?

I liked that they gave us a bit of solid info - the Cylons do have a homeworld and the ship is something of a signal amplifier.

< Message edited by Captain Black -- 7/1/2006 8:28:31 PM >

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Captain Trips)
Post #: 12
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 7/1/2006 7:37:30 PM   
Beckymonster

Guys?!  Stupid question, but one has to ask these things...  What happens as of Tuesday when the new series FINALLY restarts on Sky?

Do we discuss that in the 'old' thread...  if we can find it again?

Again - got to ask!  Hope everyone had a good Christmas/New Year!

Post #: 13
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 7/1/2006 8:44:39 PM   
Captain Black

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beckymonster

Guys?!  Stupid question, but one has to ask these things...  What happens as of Tuesday when the new series FINALLY restarts on Sky?

Happy New Year, Becky!

Er, well obviously this thread is for people operating at the American speed (60Hz - ooh sorry old SNES joke there ), but  I guess people rewatching it on Sky would go in the other thread. Just be careful about giving away spoilers and so on. You're perfectly welcome to discuss older content here though - I don't know, what's the general view? Me I can't wait to tell people Cally shoots Boomer.

Edit: to make this clear for this particular thread.

Right, this is for discussing anything that has been broadcast on the sci fi channel in the States. When you're offering your thoughts about a previous episode simply just highlight it at the top of the post then people who are browsing who haven't seen it can duly avoid it for the time being.

Any information that I would describe as 'advanced spoilers' ie it hasn't been broadcast yet - and has been leaked by other means can you please colour the text in appropriately to force it to be highlighted.

As for any Sky viewers - as I said feel free to discuss whatever you like here too, there might be some aspects that you notice watching it a second time that have a relevance to scifi channel speed.

I think that about covers it, cheers.

< Message edited by Captain Black -- 8/1/2006 9:47:29 AM >

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Beckymonster)
Post #: 14
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 7/1/2006 10:59:27 PM   
Captain Trips

My copy of the download was in DivX format, which probably accounted for the slightly smaller (and imo slightly poorer quality) download.

Well...what can I say?

As mentioned in Black's post, and incredibly tense opening ten minutes or so, particularly with the standoff between the two teams of Vipers.

This has to be my favourite TV episode of any programme over the last five years or so. Battlestar Galactica is, for me and I'm sure many others, not only the best Sci-Fi show ever, but possibly one of the best and most tense dramas ever also. If it was any genre other than Sci Fi, Olmos, MacDonnell, the writers, directors and producers of the show would surely be looking at at least Emmy nominations for this show. But to my review...

AS Black said, this was without doubt The William Adama Show. It took the relationship between him and Roslin further than ever, partivularly the scene where she was lying in bed poorly, and he was holding her hand. A very poignant moment.

Along with highlighting the horrors of holocaust, cancer, rape and mental illness, BSG has now turned to the potential minefield of suicide and euthenasia. Every time the writers have approached these subjects, they have been approached with great care and have been dealt with admirably. It will be interesting to see how this one will pan out, and I for one can't wait.

It's been a long time since I watched a TV show and not been able to go straight to the next episode on the DVD. However one of the best things about watching TV the way it was meant to be watched is discussing it with others. Since many of my friends are of the uneducated view that Sci-Fi is "sad" and "for geeks", you can expect to see a lot more of me on these boards, instead of Joypad where I usually hibernate 

Post #: 15
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 7/1/2006 11:01:36 PM   
Captain Trips

quote:

ORIGINAL: Captain Black

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beckymonster

Happy New Year, Becky!

Er, well obviously this thread is for people operating at the American speed (60Hz - ooh sorry old SNES joke there ), but  I guess people rewatching it on Sky would go in the other thread. Just be careful about giving away spoilers and so on. You're perfectly welcome to discuss older content here though - I don't know, what's the general view? Me I can't wait to tell people Cally shoots Boomer.

The thread is highlighted as "Downloaders", so it should be ok to post reviews etc. Perhaps the thread founder could also put a "Spoiler" mark in the thread title? If not, please let me know and I will amend my spoilerific posts as necessary

Post #: 16
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 8/1/2006 12:26:31 PM   
Timon

Episode 2.11 Ressurection Ship

A great episode that just seemed to fly by. The opening "non firing" dog fight between the Pegasus and Galatica's was Viper squadrons was great as both groups tried to get maximum firing postions whilst demanding orders to go "weapons free". Starbuck's reaction at the ensuing chaos was also great.

I'm starting to warn to Admiral Cain. Don't get me wrong, she is one unstable crazy bitch but i like the way she made Starbuck the CAG recognising her ability to get things done. I also like the way that Adama is realising he's going to have to be just as cold as Cain is to see the job through.

My predictions is that the Pegasus XO is going to side with Galactica. He's seemed very reluctant with Cain's orders and is obviously rather haunted with what they've done in the past such as stripping the civilian ships. I wouldn't be suprised if a lot of Pegasus's crew came to Galactica with the Pegasus most likely being destroyed in the forthcoming op.....of course these are just my guesses. Can't wait for next week.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

(in reply to Captain Trips)
Post #: 17
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 8/1/2006 2:11:29 PM   
Captain Black

Moore's podcast is worth a listen. Also you can apparently download the ep off iTunes now - anyone tried it?

It's funny that opening reminded me a lot of what I didn't like about DS9 - Moore always brought them up to a point where there was going to be a big space battle then bottled it. Fortunately this time it worked. I want to see those Basestars break into pieces though. I wish they'd keep the cameras still in space though, makes my eyes hurt - I mean in close combat it's fine, but they did a crash zoom on the Pegasus at one point and I'm like 'why'? . They did do a good job of differentiating the Vipers in the 'battle' though.

quote:

I'm starting to warn to Admiral Cain. Don't get me wrong, she is one unstable crazy bitch but i like the way she made Starbuck the CAG recognising her ability to get things done. I also like the way that Adama is realising he's going to have to be just as cold as Cain is to see the job through.

Michelle Forbes rocks. Get her a show of her own. She's sooo just using Starbuck though. I'll bet a tenner that Starbuck doesn't end up shooting Cain, I'm not sure wether Apollo would be on the bridge in the aftermath of the operation, but I think it would be more likely if Lee takes the shot. I loved the way that Adama specified shooting her in the head, like 'trust me you can take two in the chest and still survive'. Oh here's one; it was Boomer's mission to kill Adama right? What if they do a nice little parallel with that and Gina was on board the Pegasus to do just the same thing. Presumably she was part of the crew in some capacity with the intention of taking out Cain?

Agree that Fisk (the Peg XO) will be reluctant to act against Adama though. Tigh was increasingly cool in this ep - he even credit to Starbuck near the start. At one point I almost expected him to tip his drink away too. Thinking in televisual terms, keeping Fisk on wouldn't be a smart move, so I'm gonna say that Tigh blows him away.
I was also correct about Gina wanting to commit suicide, perhaps I should start spread betting on BSG. Can't see Baltar helping her to do that.

quote:

My predictions is that the Pegasus XO is going to side with Galactica. He's seemed very reluctant with Cain's orders and is obviously rather haunted with what they've done in the past such as stripping the civilian ships. I wouldn't be suprised if a lot of Pegasus's crew came to Galactica with the Pegasus most likely being destroyed in the forthcoming op.....of course these are just my guesses. Can't wait for next week.

I loved the way they had a little model of the Res ship made quickly to display on the tactical board . I wouldn't have thought the Galactica had much room for the Pegaus crew, Pegasus is a significantly bigger ship - I wouldn't exactly feel too sorry for them if they go up in smoke.

I've been looking at that ship frame by frame ( geek - moi?) and the silos containg the clones were much smaller than I originally thought. Still doesn't make much senes why they would clearly be visible from the outside - Six could have identified the ship just as easily from the overall strucutre. Also - why did Six recognise it where Boomer didn't? Is each ship different depending upon who is cloned inside it? Is it one ship per model?

quote:

It's been a long time since I watched a TV show and not been able to go straight to the next episode on the DVD. However one of the best things about watching TV the way it was meant to be watched is discussing it with others. Since many of my friends are of the uneducated view that Sci-Fi is "sad" and "for geeks", you can expect to see a lot more of me on these boards, instead of Joypad where I usually hibernate

Personally I've always thought it was very narrow minded to disregard anything because of its genre. There are good and bad in any genre; for each West Wing threre's a Commander In Chief, for each of the millions of repetitive procedural cop shows (the helpful guy from the start did it!) there's The Wire, for all the cheap sci fi shows there's Battlestar. Also Trip, we've got a general scifi thread if you want to wax lyrical there [/shameless plug for my own thread] it's been quiet there recently. Be warned the last page is utter nonsense though. Helo will be made to pay!

< Message edited by Captain Black -- 8/1/2006 3:03:59 PM >

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 18
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 8/1/2006 3:13:47 PM   
Timon

quote:

It's funny that opening reminded me a lot of what I didn't like about DS9 - Moore always brought them up to a point where there was going to be a big space battle then bottled it.

Come on! DS9 was the best Trek series. Paralleling most of the WWII/Cold War moments throughout the 20th Century and then topping the last two series with an all out war.

My only gripe was the battles in the series finale were all rehashed shots from previous battles....but they were still cool!

Post #: 19
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 8/1/2006 3:24:15 PM   
Captain Black

Sorry, yeah - that did sound a bit harsh. I wasn't having a go at the series overall, just that they did chicken out whenever they seemed to be building to a big battle when they added up the price of the special FX.

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 20
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 8/1/2006 3:55:41 PM   
Beckymonster

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

quote:

It's funny that opening reminded me a lot of what I didn't like about DS9 - Moore always brought them up to a point where there was going to be a big space battle then bottled it.

Come on! DS9 was the best Trek series. Paralleling most of the WWII/Cold War moments throughout the 20th Century and then topping the last two series with an all out war.

My only gripe was the battles in the series finale were all rehashed shots from previous battles....but they were still cool!

Alas, Timon, it's not a patch on 'Babylon 5'.  When they had battles, they had battles.  Captain, back me up here!

In fact, if BSG resembles any sf show (past or present) it's this one for sheer bloody wonderful drama, performances and pure groundbreaking telly. 

I don't trust many TV show runners not to completely frell up their shows (paging Rob. C. Cooper!) but I trust Ron Moore as much as I trusted JMS (Creator of B5) and Russell T. Davis (Doctor Who).  He knows what he is doing and for as long as he is doing it, I'll happily watch what he has to offer.

91% on the third attempt - hopefully this one is going to work!  Need to see it damnit!!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 21
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 8/1/2006 4:12:51 PM   
Beckymonster

Updating to add...  Because I chose a VTV file, Windows Media isn't frelling playing it! ::headdesk:: so I am now downloading a codepac to deal with that.

Frakking computers!  Will keep you updated!

Post #: 22
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 8/1/2006 4:29:41 PM   
Captain Black

I'll back you up, Becky. With a number of  Minbari cruisers, as many of the Drazi as we can lay our hands on, the odd Narn dreadnought and the entire White Star fleet.  I was watching a bit of Shadow Dancing just the other day actually;

-That's a lot of ships.
-That's a bloody lot of ships.
-Oh well, who wants to live forever?
-Er, I do actually! But what the hell!

Cw-ome on!

Although episode by episode quality of BSG is superior, it's still going to need the epic payoff to top B5 for me. I think BSG has benefitted from the era of TV it was born in, an era that B5 paved the way for.

Back on topic.....if I may 'big up' Ron Moore for a moment or two. He seems to be a fine example of a writer who has ascended to the role of show front runner, which is in contrast to what happened with the Trek franchise, where the producers started to have a go at the writing (perhaps Mr. Cooper is guilty of something similar). He manages to be both very open about the show without giving too much away on the podcasts. Top bloke.

< Message edited by Captain Black -- 9/1/2006 10:15:29 AM >

Invisiotext:

Post #: 23
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 8/1/2006 5:33:46 PM   
Beckymonster

I think I am going to frakking cry in a moment! 

The two dls available from my 'usua' supplier do not seem to be working!  Even with downloading a new codepac to deal with certain 'issues' that Windows Media seemed to be having. 

So...  the question goes out - anybody else able to recommend a good 'supplier'?!  Help me before the computer learns to fly!!

Onto the comment in hand... 

quote:

I'll back you up, Becky. With a number of  Minbari cruisers, as many of the Drazi as we can lay our hands on, the odd Narn dreadnought and the entire White Star fleet.  I was watching a bit of Shadow Dancing just the other day actually;

-That's a lot of ships.
-That's a bloody lot of ships.
-Oh well, who want to live forever?
-Er, I do actually! But what the hell!

Cw-ome on!

(Teal'c) Indeed! (/Teal'c)  S_D is possibly one of the greatest episodes of the show.  Certainly a stand out in a season of stand outs.  Not least of all for that end scene!

The scene you quote is one that I adore for more reasons than strictly necessary...  From the moment that nameless Minbari glances up at the screen to Marcus hitting the button.  It's just class all the way.

quote:

Although episode by episode quality of BSG is superior, it's still going to need the epic payoff to top B5 for me. I think BSG has benefitted from the era of TV it was born in, an era that B5 paved the way for.

Again, agreed, but that's because BSG hit the ground running.  B5 didn't really begin to hit it's stride until at least the middle of S2...  admittedly when it did...  all bets were off.  Even so, for every 'Signs and Portents' (magnificent episode!) you had a 'Believers' (sub-par Trek with some good Stephen moments)

quote:

Back on topic.....if I may 'big up' Ron Moore for a moment or two. He seems to be a fine example of a writer who has ascended to the role of show front runner, which is in contrast to what happened with the Trek franchise, where the producers started to have a go at the writing (perhaps Mr. Cooper is guilty of something similar). He manages to be both very open about the show without giving too much away on the podcasts. Top bloke.

Again, agreed.  He knows what he is doing and he knows where this story is going.  Perhaps not the minutae like JMS did, but I am thinking that the broad brush strokes are there. 

If you listen to his commentaries for the pilot/mini-series, he knows what he wants to say and how to go about it.  As I've said before, he's got me convinced and happy to follow him where he leads. 

Post #: 24
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 8/1/2006 10:42:17 PM   
Beckymonster

Okay - with thanks to the ever lovely, wonderful Captain Black, who shall now be accorded the same honours as JMS, Ron D. Moore and Russell T. Davis....  namely person who should be worshipped and brought drinks for at the drop of a hat....  I have finally seen 'Resurrection Ship'

The non-spoiler review....:
HOLY FRACKING, FRELLING HELLFIRE!

Now for the benefit of anybody watching this season at Sky Speed (new series starts on Tuesday - right after SG-1 - w00t!)

Where to start...  Cain is dead.  That bitch is so going to burn in the fires of Hades.  Rape?  murder of civilians?  Killing her own crew?  Even the frelling Cylons have more of a sense of honour than that...  *thing*

Adored the stuff between Roslin and Adama.  Is it me or do the main characters never come out and say the words that they really should like 'I love you'...  Just a thought.

Starbuck's call to everyone was pure class...  'So let's all be...  friendly!'

Trica Helfer put a top notch performance in as Gina (the Six model on Pegasus) ditto the make-up department...  Death is too good for those motherfrakkers...  sorry - bit of a hot button subject, please forgive me!

And thank the Lords of Kobol that we only have to wait until next Saturday for the next installment!  Can't wait to see this on Sky.  Wonderful stuff.

So say we all!
Post #: 25
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 9/1/2006 10:15:51 AM   
cazzakim

Hey all,
Boy am i very slow on this - but have only just got into BSG - it is so good!!!
Had cousins round from america and basically spent the whole christmas time watching series 1 and first bit of series 2!!!
And wow!!!
Now i want more!!!! I do not have sky at my uni halls, so how do i watch the new american ones please?
Many thanks for any help.
XXX

Post #: 26
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 9/1/2006 10:20:05 AM   
Captain Black

What can I say - you're welcome! Been watching Farscape recently perchance?

Just to reiterate to everyone, there's no need to invisiotext anything here that's been broadcast, Sky people have their own thread,  if people don't know what 'Season 2 (downloaders)' means and stumble into it by accident then I'm sorry, but they should be paying more attention. Probably a good idea to mark at the top of each post that you're discussing events of a particular episode though, just in case people want advise on
where to download it and so on.

Edit: added this.
quote:

cazzakim:
Hey all,
Boy am i very slow on this - but have only just got into BSG - it is so good!!!
Had cousins round from america and basically spent the whole christmas time watching series 1 and first bit of series 2!!!
And wow!!!
Now i want more!!!! I do not have sky at my uni halls, so how do i watch the new american ones please?
Many thanks for any help.

Welcome, I'll send you a PM with some instructions.

Bloody hell, I'm like Red in the Shawshank Redemption!

< Message edited by Captain Black -- 9/1/2006 10:24:31 AM >

Invisiotext:

Post #: 27
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 9/1/2006 11:28:53 AM   
Beckymonster

Captain Black - What gave it away that I'd been watching 'Farscape'?!  I mean, apart from the fact that it's a good excuse to letch over the lovely Ben Browder in leather pants....  and the fact that 'Frell' is officially my most over-used word of the year so far?

Right you are about the invisotext...  I shall keep my additional comments in 'normal' then...

Doc Cottle rocks.  He's gruff old bastard but his heart is in the right place.  And he's not afraid to show it neither.   

Honourary mention must go to Grace Park - Yes, Boomer's a cylon but don't they have the Geneva Convention in space (or something like it?!)

How bloody long are Six's legs?  And does this mean we'll get some Apollo nudity again soon?  For the sake of parity you understand. 

Did I mention how much I loved that scene between Adama and Roslin when she's laid up with her baaaad day?  Nice to see the 'oldies' getting some romance too.

It's how long til Saturday morning?!

Cazzakim - welcome to the insanity!  New converts are always welcome!  Though (puts on her work hat for a moment) if you are going to use the lovely Captain Black's recommendations...  don't use the Uni network.  They get rather narked about such things!
(takes off work hat)

Post #: 28
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 9/1/2006 12:03:48 PM   
Captain Black

quote:

Beckymonster:
Doc Cottle rocks.  He's gruff old bastard but his heart is in the right place.  And he's not afraid to show it neither.

He's the sarc with a heart. I'm copyrighting that.
I think I've mentioned it before, but I want to see a sarcasm content between Cottle and a certain Dr. Greg House. That would be electric TV.

quote:

Beckymonster:
Boomer's a cylon but don't they have the Geneva Convention in space (or something like it?!)

Doesn't matter if they don't - it's morally reprehensible. It's interesting that most of us (I gather) treat the Cylons as life, where the Galactica crew in general don't. I think that's changing gradually.
    Moore's got some interesting comments on that on the podcast. It's actually referring to Gina, but it's the same topic.
Six does have some long legs, but to be honest I was still ga ga over Cally and a little smudge of dirt she had tastefully applied to one cheek. Wow can that girl pull off a bright orange overalls and light oil combo. She can spool up my turbo any time.

More 2.11. specifics:

I'll be interested to see what they do with the Chief after this. His little chat with Helo was close to the end of the Boomer storyline for him. I guess it'll be a bit of confidence rebuilding. Perhaps he'll bond with the new aeronautical enginner chap from Pegasus and they'll develop the Blackbird into an impressive fleet of Cylon busting snub fighters.

I loved how realistic the Chief, Helo and Apollo were in that scene, you get the impression that everyone knows everyone else in this show and that's great, even if they don't always get along there's a depth and background there that most shows with a cast this big (in fact a lot smaller) would struggle to replicate.

Invisiotext:

Post #: 29
RE: Battlestar Galactica - 9/1/2006 3:50:39 PM   
Beckymonster

quote:

Doesn't matter if they don't - it's morally reprehensible. It's interesting that most of us (I gather) treat the Cylons as life, where the Galactica crew in general don't. I think that's changing gradually.
   Moore's got some interesting comments on that on the podcast. It's actually referring to Gina, but it's the same topic.

Exactamundo.  I understand where the Colonials are coming from.  After all, the Cylons destroyed everything, but it doesn't give them the right to disrespect that 'person's' life.

Having seen Boomer and having interacted with her, I think many opinions are changing.  It couldn't have escaped notice how although this was the face of the woman who shot him, Adama was doing his best to do 'right'.  That must take some frelling guts.

Though Cain has still got to die.  Did anyone else pick up on Adama's instructions to Starbuck - bar the shot placement...  remind you of anything?!   

quote:

Six does have some long legs, but to be honest I was still ga ga over Cally and a little smudge of dirt she had tastefully applied to one cheek. Wow can that girl pull off a bright orange overalls and light oil combo. She can spool up my turbo any time.

Hush you else I'll start up about the arm porn!  It must be a Vancouver thingee - Helo was looking rather yummy I thought

How long 'til Saturday?!

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Battlestar Galactica - US Speed Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI