Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Long Way Down.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Long Way Down. Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Long Way Down. - 30/1/2007 4:05:31 PM   
Peter Dragon

Anyone here a fan of Long Way Round or Race to Dakar?

Well, Long Way Down is happening this year!! Can't wait for it!

Will keep you updated as I find more info about it.

< Message edited by Peter Dragon -- 1/2/2007 11:30:58 AM >

Fuck land! I'm on a boat motherfucker!
Post #: 1
RE: Long Way Down? - 30/1/2007 4:28:42 PM   
Mojo

Really can't wait for this. I only bought the Long Way Round this year and I have such fond memories of laying in bed at Uni and watching it when I knew there was other stuff that needed to be done. Wish I could watch it again for the first time... well I suppose The Long Way Down will compensate.

Let's shove a stick up that wolf's ass.

(in reply to Peter Dragon)
Post #: 2
RE: Long Way Down? - 30/1/2007 4:36:25 PM   
Castor Troy

It's from Scotland to South Africa isn't it?

The Race To Dakar was a nice little filler after the immense Long Way Round, but it'll be good to have the real deal back again. Seriously can't wait for this.

The individual human mind. In a child's ability to master the multiplication table, there is more holiness than all your shouted hosannas and holy holies. An idea is more important than a monument and the advancement of Man's knowledge more miraculous than all the sticks turned to snakes and the parting of the waters.

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 3
RE: Long Way Down? - 30/1/2007 4:37:03 PM   
Castor Troy

Good title too - but doesn't really make sense because there isn't really a shorter way down.

The individual human mind. In a child's ability to master the multiplication table, there is more holiness than all your shouted hosannas and holy holies. An idea is more important than a monument and the advancement of Man's knowledge more miraculous than all the sticks turned to snakes and the parting of the waters.

(in reply to Castor Troy)
Post #: 4
RE: Long Way Down? - 30/1/2007 4:37:46 PM   
HIM

Is this that one with Ewan McGregor?

Post #: 5
RE: Long Way Down? - 30/1/2007 4:39:35 PM   
Peter Dragon

Yup John O'Groats to Cape Town S.A., that's some immense trip.

I've heard rumours that ex Special Forces will be accompanying them through some of the more hostile parts of Africa............sounds dodge.

Post #: 6
RE: Long Way Down? - 30/1/2007 4:41:35 PM   
Castor Troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Dragon

Yup John O'Groats to Cape Town S.A., that's some immense trip.

I've heard rumours that ex Special Forces will be accompanying them through some of the more hostile parts of Africa............sounds dodge.

What's the mileage compared to their last trip?

Post #: 7
RE: Long Way Down? - 30/1/2007 4:50:54 PM   
Peter Dragon

Last trip was 19,000 approx, I have the book at home with the exact mileage in it, met Charley Boorman and he signed my copy for me!!

The next trip is I have no idea how long!

Post #: 8
RE: Long Way Down? - 30/1/2007 4:52:28 PM   
Peter Dragon

quote:

ORIGINAL: HIM

That's the one.

How cool does that pic look?

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 9
RE: Long Way Down? - 30/1/2007 4:53:14 PM   
Castor Troy

quote:

Last trip was 19,000 approx, I have the book at home with the exact mileage in it, met Charley Boorman and he signed my copy for me!!

When did you meet him?!

Post #: 10
RE: Long Way Down? - 30/1/2007 4:59:23 PM   
HIM

quote:

quote:

That's the one.

He does look incredibly sexy. I missed this when it was on. Is the DVD available? Also, what's it about? Is it like a road trip?

Post #: 11
RE: Long Way Down? - 30/1/2007 5:22:08 PM   
Peter Dragon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Castor Troy

quote:

When did you meet him?!

Met him in Dublin in 2005 when he was promoting the show, and Russ too! Got my pic taken on his bike and everything.
He seemed like a very genuine guy, had time for everybody and posed for what must have been about 150 photo's with people.

BTW any of you interested in motorbikes? Check out my motorbike thread here.

Post #: 12
RE: Long Way Down? - 30/1/2007 5:26:56 PM   
Peter Dragon

quote:

quote:

quote:

That's the one.

He does look incredibly sexy. I missed this when it was on. Is the DVD available? Also, what's it about? Is it like a road trip?

Here you go HIM! In their own words.

quote:

Setting off in London in April 2004, Ewan and Charley travelled through some of the most beautiful, and at times dangerous, terrain the world has to offer. Crossing over into mainland Europe, they rode through France, Belgium, Germany, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Ukraine, Russia, Kazakhstan, Mongolia, Siberia, Alaska, Canada before arriving 115 days later at their final destination, New York City, USA.

Ewan McGregor: ďNow itís come to an end I can hardly believe that weíve made our dreams come true and although at times its been very, very tough, the people and places on the way have moved and touched me to my core. Itís been a ĎLong Way Roundí but Iím glad to be home.Ē

Charley Boorman: ďThe trip has been incredible in itself but itís the people in all the countries that weíve met that have made it fantastic.Ē

Seriously if you are interested in travel, or motorbikes, or both, then this show is a must see.
£12.99 on Amazon, a steal for over 7 hours of travel junky heaven, get it!

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 13
RE: Long Way Down? - 30/1/2007 5:31:25 PM   
Peter Dragon

Or just click http://www.longwayround.com/

Post #: 14
RE: Long Way Down? - 30/1/2007 6:32:22 PM   
Mojo

If you haven't seen it, go and see it now it changed my life (for a few days but then I couldn't be bothered doing anything).

Let's shove a stick up that wolf's ass.

Post #: 15
RE: Long Way Down? - 30/1/2007 6:45:47 PM   
Castor Troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mojo

If you haven't seen it, go and see it now it changed my life (for a few days but then I couldn't be bothered doing anything).

Haha. So true.

Who else has seen Race To Dakar?

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 16
RE: Long Way Down? - 30/1/2007 10:56:00 PM   
jenzie

quote:

quote:

That's the one.

not as cool as getitng stuck in a siberian river!

been watching LONG WAY ROUND over two days, got it for christmas a few years ago, along with the book (not read yet)

and there's another one now???
LONG WAY DOWN ..... highly original title there

< Message edited by jenzie -- 30/1/2007 10:57:47 PM >

ALIENS: yes, i still have the damn hat on ..... WANNA TAKE IT OFF ME????
HUMANS: well, yes .....
ALIENS: ACTIVATE THE STUPID HUMAN RAY!!!!!

http://www.intervocative.com/dvdcollection.aspx/jenzie

Post #: 17
RE: Long Way Down? - 30/1/2007 11:01:36 PM   
HIM

quote:

Seriously if you are interested in travel, or motorbikes, or both, then this show is a must see.

I'm not really to be honest. But for some reason I really like the sound of it. I may just pick it up though as I am a fan of Ewan McGregor.

Post #: 18
RE: Long Way Down? - 30/1/2007 11:05:32 PM   
Castor Troy

quote:

quote:

I'm not really to be honest. But for some reason I really like the sound of it. I may just pick it up though as I am a fan of Ewan McGregor.

Yeah, I don't think being a fan of motorbikes in necessary, although you would appreciate their passion for them. It's just great to see two best friends experience an amazing.......experience together. And you start off watching by thinking, 'Ewan's cool but who the fuck is Charlie Boorman'. But you finish watching it by thinking 'I know who Charlie Boorman is now. And I'm a better man for it.'

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 19
RE: Long Way Down? - 30/1/2007 11:12:11 PM   
HIM

Who the fuck is Charlie Boorman?

Post #: 20
RE: Long Way Down? - 30/1/2007 11:18:20 PM   
sharkboy

Long Way Round was an absolutely brilliant show.  One night I stuck on disc 1 to start watching it with my fiancee - we finally got to bed around 4 the following morning, having watched every episode back to back.  It was just that kind of show - real travel adventure like it should be.  It would be hard to pick a favourite bit, but the nutfest in Siberia would be up there, just to see the look on Charlie's face when they took the lid of the cooking pot.  Their experience with the Kalasknakov wielding guitarist in Khazakstan was another highlight.

What I liked most about the show was that it didn't sugar coat the places they were travelling through.  The Road of Bones section in particular was incredibly poignant and moving, not to mention edge-of-seat exciting as they tried to ford the rushing Siberian rivers on a truck.  Great TV, great stars and I for one am very excited about the sequel.

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Post #: 21
RE: Long Way Down? - 30/1/2007 11:21:38 PM   
sharkboy

quote:

Who the fuck is Charlie Boorman?

And this on a movie forum!

Charlie Boorman is the son of director John Boorman.  He's probably best known for playing the blonde kid lost in the Amazon jungle in his dad's movie The Emerald Forest.  He's also had small parts in a couple more of daddy's movies, but that's essentially it.  These days he's probably more famous as a biker than an actor.

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 22
RE: Long Way Down? - 31/1/2007 9:42:45 AM   
Peter Dragon

quote:

quote:

Haha. So true.

Me!! Watched every episode of it.
Not as good as LWR, but still very good tv.
Poor old Charlie really takes a beating on it doesn't he? And Russ comes to the fore a lot more, nearly has his own story in it.
Simon Pavey is a double hard bastard too.

< Message edited by Peter Dragon -- 31/1/2007 9:52:39 AM >

Post #: 23
RE: Long Way Down? - 31/1/2007 9:44:24 AM   
Peter Dragon

Talking about this yesterday has made me pick up the book again, still dreaming about doing something like this myself, would love to just head off for a few months on a bike.

Post #: 24
RE: Long Way Down? - 31/1/2007 9:45:37 AM   
Castor Troy

quote:

quote:

quote:

Haha. So true.

Me!! Watched every episode of it.
Not as good as LWR, but still very good tv.
Poor old Charlie really takes a beating on it doesn't he? And Russ comes to the fore a lot more, nearly has his own story in it.
Simon Pavet is a double hard bastard too.

I really didn't like Simon at first, but by the end of it I had changed my mind - he seemed alright.

SPOILER BELOW
I bet the producers were well pissed off Charlie fell out quite early. I guess that's why they followed 3 of them.

Post #: 25
RE: Long Way Down? - 31/1/2007 9:46:48 AM   
Castor Troy

quote:

Talking about this yesterday has made me pick up the book again, still dreaming about doing something like this myself, would love to just head off for a few months on a bike.

I think it would be pretty scary without the support crew through some of the tougher areas though. A trip around America or Europe would be good though.

Post #: 26
RE: Long Way Down? - 31/1/2007 9:56:09 AM   
Peter Dragon

quote:

quote:

I think it would be pretty scary without the support crew through some of the tougher areas though. A trip around America or Europe would be good though.

Oh yeah, indeedy, wouldn't even attempt a transcontinental trip at the moment.
I'm still trying to convince t'other half to let me get a bike, she's having none of it. But her bro in law rides a BMW 650GS and wants me to get a bike so he can take me driving round Europe, we're going to get out other halves to just fly wherever we decide to ride to, and we'll meet them there a couple of days later
Ahhh, dreams, they're great aren't they.

Post #: 27
RE: Long Way Down? - 31/1/2007 2:21:48 PM   
Peter Dragon

So HIM? Have you ordered yet?

Here's a trailer to help you make up your mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk_Qkz_5ti8&mode=related&search=

Post #: 28
RE: Long Way Down? - 31/1/2007 2:33:55 PM   
Castor Troy

If HIM doesn't buy it, I'm taking away his honorary membership to Out Of Nothing. He'll understand.

Post #: 29
RE: Long Way Down? - 31/1/2007 3:38:38 PM   
Peter Dragon

quote:

ORIGINAL: jenzie
not as cool as getitng stuck in a siberian river!

been watching LONG WAY ROUND over two days, got it for christmas a few years ago, along with the book (not read yet)

Eh? Seriously, it's better than the TV series, read it asap.

(in reply to jenzie)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Long Way Down. Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI