Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Top Gear: New Series

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Top Gear: New Series Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 29/1/2007 4:13:59 PM   
Ell

Arg, I missed the first episode! Does anybody know if and when it is repeated?

"I'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!!!"

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 61
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 29/1/2007 4:31:18 PM   
Sway

As far as I know it's being repeated on Wednesday night at 7pm.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to Ell)
Post #: 62
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 29/1/2007 7:09:13 PM   
krudler

hammond=legend

quote:

ORIGINAL: Squidward Hark Bugle

3D moving images are not films, they're holograms, and should be treated as a separate medium of storytelling, or artform.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 63
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 29/1/2007 8:15:07 PM   
target

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ell

Arg, I missed the first episode! Does anybody know if and when it is repeated?

The bit about the crash is on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lxwwVUlqNA

< Message edited by target -- 29/1/2007 8:16:08 PM >

We're not retreating we're advancing in another direction

Thanks for the AV darthbane.

(in reply to Ell)
Post #: 64
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 29/1/2007 9:50:40 PM   
soderbergh1

really good episode last night!! the stuff with the road works was genius! and the crash stuff was handled really well.

"Well, when an adult male is chasing a female with intent to commit rape, I shoot the bastard. That's my policy."

LAST 3 FILMS WATCHED:
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe ***
Iron Man ***
Dasavatharam ***

(in reply to target)
Post #: 65
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 29/1/2007 10:03:41 PM   
Sophloz2104

My housemates loved the 24 style roadworks scene.  They laughed every time the clock and split screen came on.  And Clarkson, hillarious as always.  I do think he is in love with Thatcher, any excuse to listen to her speeches.  Glad to see Hammond back, we love the little hamster!

I dont like to eat things with cartoon characters that can talk or hatch a plan.

(in reply to soderbergh1)
Post #: 66
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 29/1/2007 11:02:39 PM   
TheBunk

Great episode, really funny in the right places and not too much actual car stuff, which is mostly pretty boring.  The power slides were quite cool though.  The crash was well handled too. 

I'm so glad it beat BB. A small victory in this day and age.

"He is going to put a bullet in my head before I can say hello and then he's going to turn the gun on himself."
"We'll make sure he doesn't turn the gun on himself."

"Our situation has not improved"

(in reply to Sophloz2104)
Post #: 67
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 30/1/2007 12:30:14 PM   
Evessa

Wow it beat BB WhoooooHoooo!
Great start to a new series, the crash footage was truly frightening, so glad to see the hamster is in one piece!
I loved the 24 hr roadworks especially when Clarkson's megaphone got chucked under the steam roller still not as good as the caravaning holiday from last series though ........... I get tears in my eyes just thinking about it

"I know, egg and my face were in alignment" -

(in reply to TheBunk)
Post #: 68
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 30/1/2007 1:07:05 PM   
Sway

As a by word, maybe this should probably go in the news thread, but on AOL today I read that Hammond is being blamed by the car's owner for the accident. 

"But in The Sun newspaper, Colin Fallows suggested Hammond was to some extent to blame for the crash by "failing to adhere to the briefing".
He said: "Mr Hammond had a puncture and carried on with the tyre deflated", adding that Hammond "stood on the brakes" after the blowout."

What a total asshole.

Which person in their right mind, unless they'd had extensive experience of this, would at speeds of  up to 300mph notice the tyre had a puncture and then react according to guidelines within the seconds it happened? 

Personally I'm pretty sure I, for one, would only have one thing going through my head. 'Shhhhiiiiit'

http://motoring.aol.co.uk/car-owner-blames-hammond-for-crash/article/20070128230309990004

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to Evessa)
Post #: 69
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 30/1/2007 1:22:59 PM   
Captain Black

quote:

"Mr Hammond had a puncture and carried on with the tyre deflated"

That's the briefest description of "carried on" that I've ever heard; it was barely a second and flew by even in slow motion.

quote:

Hammond "stood on the brakes" after the blowout.

I'll give the guy some leeway with his phrasing here, but didn't Hammond state that the car didn't have conventional pedals, what with it being, y'know, a fucking jet engine, and that the brakes were controlled by a lever to his right? Also? Not terribly effective when your car's upside down anyway.

quote:

He said: "Once these cars are in motion you don't touch the brakes. You stay on the prescribed line and should always be aware of the unexpected.

Must be wonderful living in this guy's ideal world where nothing ever goes wrong.

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 70
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 30/1/2007 1:41:42 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

"Mr Hammond had a puncture and carried on with the tyre deflated"

quote:

He said: "Once these cars are in motion you don't touch the brakes. You stay on the prescribed line and should always be aware of the unexpected.

Don't they contradict each other somewhat?

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 71
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 30/1/2007 1:47:55 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

As a by word, maybe this should probably go in the news thread, but on AOL today I read that Hammond is being blamed by the car's owner for the accident. 

"But in The Sun newspaper, Colin Fallows suggested Hammond was to some extent to blame for the crash by "failing to adhere to the briefing".
He said: "Mr Hammond had a puncture and carried on with the tyre deflated", adding that Hammond "stood on the brakes" after the blowout."

The guy is clearly a knob and I would have like to have seen him handle a blowout at 300 mph. He should just be grateful that Hammond survived intact and quietly fuck off - it was his motor that had the puncture after all

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 72
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 30/1/2007 5:10:50 PM   
kaner316

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

What a total asshole.

Which person in their right mind, unless they'd had extensive experience of this, would at speeds of  up to 300mph notice the tyre had a puncture and then react according to guidelines within the seconds it happened? 

Personally I'm pretty sure I, for one, would only have one thing going through my head. 'Shhhhiiiiit'

http://motoring.aol.co.uk/car-owner-blames-hammond-for-crash/article/20070128230309990004

there's the reason for that piece of crap reporting.

Clarkson brough up the puncture himself, and Hammond answered by saying that there was only 0.4 of a second between the puncture and the blow out. unless Fallows has evidence of Hammond being aware of the tyre problems before the final run. 

and as for standing on the non existant brakes?  unless Hammond was telling porkies about that too.

that's what passes for tabloid journalism these days.

< Message edited by kaner316 -- 30/1/2007 5:12:58 PM >

Bartlet: What do we do with him?
Sam: Make him the Ambassador to Paraguay.
Bartlet: What do we do with the Ambassador to Paraguay?
Sam: Make him Ambassador to Bulgaria.
Bartlet: I like this. Because, if everybody keeps moving up one, I can go home

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 73
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 4/2/2007 5:47:42 PM   
Sway

Thought I'd bump this up for tonight's show.

Sunday night is the best night for it to fall on..... Brightens up what is otherwise a bland day!

(in reply to kaner316)
Post #: 74
help - 4/2/2007 8:25:50 PM   
tequilladepalma

could anybody tell me what film the music during the bugatti speed test was from.its on the tip of my tongue but i just cant place it.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 75
RE: help - 4/2/2007 8:37:30 PM   
Sway

It was from the new Star Wars movies.  I can only remember it in the first one though.

(in reply to tequilladepalma)
Post #: 76
RE: help - 4/2/2007 8:52:25 PM   
target

Yeah it's from the phantom menace, it's called duel of fates.

Has james may got a new hair cut? I like it.

We're not retreating we're advancing in another direction

Thanks for the AV darthbane.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 77
top gear - 4/2/2007 8:53:46 PM   
tequilladepalma

doh!! ta much.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 78
RE: top gear - 4/2/2007 9:16:01 PM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

I can't believe they had the intro to 'This Love' as May drove the Alpha  Boy, oh boy. Hugh Grant was great tonight - slightly dry and witty - funnily enough always looks as if he has just rolled out of bed, as someone commented to me this evening.

The golf section was completely unnecessary, but I still enjoyed it nonetheless. I've always wanted to do that with golf carts  They still didn't resolve the debate though. There's no way I would've chosen the Alpha over the Audi TT despite the fact it being described as a "dressed-up Golf".

I still can't believe Bugatti won't let The Stig take a crack at it round the race-track, yet it was nice to see May finally getting a look-see with the fastest road car... ever. Oooh, it's just gorgeous

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

(in reply to tequilladepalma)
Post #: 79
RE: top gear - 4/2/2007 10:01:35 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jessica_ca_ca_ca

I can't believe they had the intro to 'This Love' as May drove the Alpha  Boy, oh boy. Hugh Grant was great tonight - slightly dry and witty - funnily enough always looks as if he has just rolled out of bed, as someone commented to me this evening.

The golf section was completely unnecessary, but I still enjoyed it nonetheless. I've always wanted to do that with golf carts  They still didn't resolve the debate though. There's no way I would've chosen the Alpha over the Audi TT despite the fact it being described as a "dressed-up Golf".

I still can't believe Bugatti won't let The Stig take a crack at it round the race-track, yet it was nice to see May finally getting a look-see with the fastest road car... ever. Oooh, it's just gorgeous

It was unnecessary wasn't it?  Although definitely amusing to watch.  Some nice motors in the show this evening, but wasn't a highly entertaining episode.

Was definitely nice to see the return of the Veron though, and more so letting my favourite Captain Slow behind the wheel of it. 

(in reply to Jessica_ca_ca_ca)
Post #: 80
RE: top gear - 5/2/2007 9:20:30 AM   
Biggus

I just knew they were all gonna go for the Alfa at the end!

"They offered me a hundred grand. You wanna know something? When I found out I'd get my hands on you, I said I'd do it for nothing."

http://fletchsworldoffilm.wordpress.com/

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 81
RE: top gear - 5/2/2007 9:45:55 AM   
paulyboy

I'm often curious about these Top Gear lap times you know. Does The Stig just have one crack at it? If not is the lap they show us the one they take the time from or just the most interesting to watch and so forth. The RX-8 should of pulled the TT's pants down round that track if you ask me, the fastest way round a corner is not sideways Mr Stig.

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to Biggus)
Post #: 82
RE: top gear - 5/2/2007 11:04:51 AM   
Sophloz2104

Ah the caravaning holiday from last series.  Just so damn funny!  I'm from Dorset so completely sympathise with Clarkson as there is nothing to do there.  Its so boring, its just full of old people on..................caravaning holidays!

I dont like to eat things with cartoon characters that can talk or hatch a plan.

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 83
RE: top gear - 5/2/2007 1:36:19 PM   
kaner316

overall, it was a good episode, not one of their best, but for me the whole coupe test was undermined by the fact that in previous episodes, the lads had been talking the Alfa up as one of the best looking cars ever, and you knew they all preferred it.

not surprised VW wouldn't let them lap the Veyron, the thing cost £5 million to build and they're taking a huge hit on each one, as an engineering exersise. ferarri wouldn't let them lap an Enzo either, they had to borrow one from the drummer from Pink Floyd.

Bartlet: What do we do with him?
Sam: Make him the Ambassador to Paraguay.
Bartlet: What do we do with the Ambassador to Paraguay?
Sam: Make him Ambassador to Bulgaria.
Bartlet: I like this. Because, if everybody keeps moving up one, I can go home

Post #: 84
RE: top gear - 5/2/2007 1:38:41 PM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

Do you think anyone who owns a Bugatti would actually lend The Stig it for a whopping £30?!

(in reply to kaner316)
Post #: 85
RE: top gear - 5/2/2007 1:39:43 PM   
Timon

I would. If I had one. Which I don't. Bit of a pointless post this....

....i'll go.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

Post #: 86
RE: top gear - 5/2/2007 2:01:21 PM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

Aww, I was just getting to like you better then, Ti

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 87
RE: top gear - 5/2/2007 9:59:37 PM   
soderbergh1

another quality episode. i loved the golf stuff. hugh grant was great on it. seems like the kinda guy i'd like to be friends with. down to earth and funny.

really good stuff.

"Well, when an adult male is chasing a female with intent to commit rape, I shoot the bastard. That's my policy."

LAST 3 FILMS WATCHED:
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe ***
Iron Man ***
Dasavatharam ***

Post #: 88
RE: top gear - 11/2/2007 9:01:00 PM   
Souljahsstory

Wow, how crazy are people in Alabama

(in reply to soderbergh1)
Post #: 89
RE: top gear - 11/2/2007 9:29:31 PM   
krudler

that was too funny,cow on a camerro!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Squidward Hark Bugle

3D moving images are not films, they're holograms, and should be treated as a separate medium of storytelling, or artform.

(in reply to Souljahsstory)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Top Gear: New Series Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI