Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Top Gear: New Series

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Top Gear: New Series Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 28/1/2007 4:36:03 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: Captain Black

I wonder if he's got the same pack as me.

Interesting facial expression there, Rich.

Brilliant.

Anyway I think I can legitimately get excited now, after my false start on Tuesday!

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 31
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 28/1/2007 4:55:38 PM   
WilliamMunny

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: Captain Black

I wonder if he's got the same pack as me.

Interesting facial expression there, Rich.

Brilliant.

Anyway I think I can legitimately get excited now, after my false start on Tuesday!

You certainly can, 3 hours and counting before sunday night TV gets good again!

Harry Dresden - Wizard
Lost items found. Paranormal investigations. Consulting. Advice. Reasonable rates. No love potions, endless purses, parties or other entertainment.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 32
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 28/1/2007 6:51:57 PM   
Ref

1 hour and 10 minutes to go.  I'm ridiculously excited.

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

(in reply to WilliamMunny)
Post #: 33
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 28/1/2007 8:10:54 PM   
krudler

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy its back!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Squidward Hark Bugle

3D moving images are not films, they're holograms, and should be treated as a separate medium of storytelling, or artform.

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 34
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 28/1/2007 8:14:36 PM   
Castor Troy

And the fake set ups have already begun.

The individual human mind. In a child's ability to master the multiplication table, there is more holiness than all your shouted hosannas and holy holies. An idea is more important than a monument and the advancement of Man's knowledge more miraculous than all the sticks turned to snakes and the parting of the waters.

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 35
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 28/1/2007 8:19:18 PM   
krudler

ah who cares its still the best show on sunday nights,it used to be so straightlaced and dull when quentin wilson was on it,no its hilarious,my mum watches it and she has no interest in cars

quote:

ORIGINAL: Squidward Hark Bugle

3D moving images are not films, they're holograms, and should be treated as a separate medium of storytelling, or artform.

(in reply to Castor Troy)
Post #: 36
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 28/1/2007 8:57:12 PM   
groucho

Just seen the crash. Fucking Hell!!!!

I'm sorry, I cant hear you over the noise of how awesome I am!

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 37
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 28/1/2007 9:02:23 PM   
LB Jeffries

That was pretty f***ing intense! Thought Clarkson was welling up slightly at the end!!

When he shall die, take him and cut him out in little stars and he will make the face of heaven so fine that all the world will be in love with night and pay no worship to the garish sun.

(in reply to groucho)
Post #: 38
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 28/1/2007 9:03:59 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: Castor Troy

But so did the laugh out loud moments.

Great episode though not the best, and seeing Hammond back to his normal self was great, especially being willing to watch and talk so openly about something he'd probably rather forget.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

Post #: 39
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 28/1/2007 9:08:59 PM   
HIM

Did anyone elses heart start to beat really, really fast during that last segment? I had sweaty palms especially hearing the noise of the engine powering up and knowing what was to come. 

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 40
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 28/1/2007 9:12:04 PM   
jay13

quote:

ORIGINAL: HIM

Did anyone elses heart start to beat really, really fast during that last segment? I had sweaty palms especially hearing the noise of the engine powering up and knowing what was to come. 

Yes that happened to me i don't know what it was but i was all of a sudden quite nervous, and nearly had to turn away. As he finished the second run i was screaming in my head "Just Stop Now!". Really intense television.

Twitter: @_maes85

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 41
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 28/1/2007 9:13:41 PM   
Sundance

Wow, Hammond is a prophet. "I don't want to go upside down". Well, that'll teach him to tempt fate.  Great show, proper balance between 'aw' moments and mickey taking.

< Message edited by Sundance -- 28/1/2007 9:14:02 PM >

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 42
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 28/1/2007 10:36:43 PM   
Sway

quote:

Yes, I absolutely did.  I'd said for ages that I did not want to see the crash, and it came to the last 10 minutes and I debated about watching it for ages.   On the first run I flicked over halfway through as I thought it was about to happen - and I decided I didn't want to see it.   

I didn't realise they'd show the 2 trial runs first then the crash.  So I ended up catching it when I flicked back over.    

The rest of it was great.   It was like having an old buddy in my sitting room.

It was hilarious when May threw Clarkson's megaphone under the steam roller.....and Clarkson then repaid the favour by throwing May's chips under it.  Brilliant. 

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 43
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 29/1/2007 12:26:25 AM   
Castor Troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

But so did the laugh out loud moments.

Great episode though not the best, and seeing Hammond back to his normal self was great, especially being willing to watch and talk so openly about something he'd probably rather forget.

It's hard to laugh at Jeremy Clarkson's illuminous trousers falling down. I like a bit of entertainment, but it just ruins it for me when you have things like James May sending a diversion down a one way street. They might as well just stand there reading off a script.

The individual human mind. In a child's ability to master the multiplication table, there is more holiness than all your shouted hosannas and holy holies. An idea is more important than a monument and the advancement of Man's knowledge more miraculous than all the sticks turned to snakes and the parting of the waters.

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 44
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 29/1/2007 8:47:35 AM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

Aww, they have their very own 'Princess Diana' according to Clarkson. They showed the crash again this morning on BBC News (yes, I watched the news). Is it me or does the Hamster look thinner round the gills? More world-weary perhaps. The footage really showed he was loving the speed of that jet-racer (as evidence from the faint sound of swearing amidst the booming engine) and I thought his explanation of why he went back to do another run of it was brilliant, "Well, it was 5 o'clock and we had the track until 5:30."

The roadworks story was a bit too script-bound, I felt. I would've put that megaphone somewhere the sun don't shine if I was working with Clarkson and he kept on dominating the work hours with Margaret Thatcher speeches. Geez.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

Post #: 45
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 29/1/2007 10:31:42 AM   
Castor Troy

I loved it after the first run when Hammond was so hyped up, repeating 'I am so alive right now, I am so alive right now'. If he had died I think seeing that would have made things a little easier for his loved ones.

(in reply to Jessica_ca_ca_ca)
Post #: 46
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 29/1/2007 10:39:10 AM   
Peter Dragon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jessica_ca_ca_ca

Is it me or does the Hamster look thinner round the gills? More world-weary perhaps.

Yeah, naturally I s'pose he's lost a lot of weight, he also seems quite fed up with all the attention doesn't he?

Fuck land! I'm on a boat motherfucker!

Post #: 47
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 29/1/2007 10:41:40 AM   
Zao

quote:

Yeah, it was really intense- almost had to look away. I actually had to tell myself that he came out of it OK so it was silly for me to change channels. As for the rest of the episode, it was great! The roadworking bit had me in stitches- especially with the quarry emergency stop and the crushed megaphone. Really enjoyable- Sunday T.V. nights are back!

"I have to go. But if I find one single dog hair when I get back, I'll rub...sand...in your dead little eyes."

My humble, sweary movie blog

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 48
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 29/1/2007 10:42:46 AM   
Mattr

Any idea when the re-run is?
My Sky+ scheduler fucked up!

(in reply to Peter Dragon)
Post #: 49
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 29/1/2007 10:45:11 AM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

quote:

I loved it after the first run when Hammond was so hyped up, repeating 'I am so alive right now, I am so alive right now'. If he had died I think seeing that would have made things a little easier for his loved ones.

Wow. That's morbid. But you're right. It wouldn't have been so funny when he mentioned that it might've been the worst accident in history though, just before he crashed. Completely jinxed himself.

Post #: 50
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 29/1/2007 10:45:19 AM   
AgentGoth

I'm so glad this show is back on our screens. I've missed it so much.

Hamster's crash was horrible to watch. I was also wishing he would just stop after the second run. I still can't believe he's made a full recovery after something like that, but you can definately see he's lost weight, and he's very dark around the eyes. Bless him though.

I was glad to see the silliness was back as well. The roadworks segment had me laughing really hard. The incorrect diversion signs, the awful Megaphone speeches, the fish and chips shop and feasting on blackberries. Plus, Jamie Oliver breaking the reasonably priced car with a spectactular crunching sound. Brilliant. Can't wait for next week.

"Sheriff Perry! You are violating my territorial bubble!"

Post #: 51
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 29/1/2007 10:47:58 AM   
thatlittlemonkey

Funnily enough, both me and the missus said we felt a bit weird watching it.  Even though you knew he was going to be OK in the end, it was still really hard to watch.  And yes, I too had the whole sweaty hand thing going on...

At the risk of sounding facetious, it really was "car-crash TV": you knew it could horrific, but can't take your eyes off it.

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

(in reply to Zao)
Post #: 52
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 29/1/2007 10:58:38 AM   
Twizzle

^^ I watched that through half-closed fingers too. Upon seeing the severity of that crash, I'm totally amazed that he survived it and so glad that he did.

Loved the roadworks sequence.

(in reply to thatlittlemonkey)
Post #: 53
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 29/1/2007 11:02:17 AM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

Watching the crash was brilliant! Everyone's so horrified at watching someone's near-death experience. I'm still surprised they let them air it, but Hammond was curiously unemotional as he related the ordeal. Odd.

(in reply to Twizzle)
Post #: 54
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 29/1/2007 11:36:07 AM   
Penguin of Death

Top Gear got 2 million more viewers than the  Celeb Big Brother final on at the same time, my faith in the world is restored

To the engineer everything can be placed into one of two categories: things that need to be fixed, and things that will need to be fixed after you've had a few minutes to play with them.

www.wrg.org.uk

Post #: 55
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 29/1/2007 3:12:03 PM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

As is mine, Penguin. Thank goodness! There's still some sense in this country, after all

(in reply to Penguin of Death)
Post #: 56
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 29/1/2007 3:27:02 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jessica_ca_ca_ca

Watching the crash was brilliant! Everyone's so horrified at watching someone's near-death experience. I'm still surprised they let them air it, but Hammond was curiously unemotional as he related the ordeal. Odd.

Do you think?  Ok maybe when they were speaking about the crash itself, but I did detect some emotion bubbling under the surface when he turned to say thanks to everyone.  I mean the accident clearly brought to his attention how well loved he is, and to be fair I think that must be an absolutely brilliant feeling and would definitely have helped him recover.

Bless.   I almost got a lump in my throat.

Post #: 57
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 29/1/2007 3:27:43 PM   
Barefoot Doctor

Heh I'm not sure how people tuning in to see somebody almost die is able to restore your faith in the country! Surely that's worse than watching CBB?

Post #: 58
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 29/1/2007 3:28:20 PM   
Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Barefoot Doctor

Heh I'm not sure how people tuning in to see somebody almost die is able to restore your faith in the country! Surely that's worse than watching CBB?

We do it because we care and love the little guy.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Barefoot Doctor)
Post #: 59
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 29/1/2007 4:06:54 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

Christ watching the crash was definately more affecting than I expected it to be. I was cacking it when they showed the practice runs and things like him saying "I feel so alive" just added to the whole thing.

I can't believe he was doing 230 upside down - the Hamster is one lucky bastard.

All in all a welcome and happy return to one of the best shows on TV (along with Harry Hill's TV Burp)

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Top Gear: New Series Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI