Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Top Gear: New Series

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Top Gear: New Series Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Top Gear: New Series - 23/1/2007 7:36:28 PM   
Sway

According to official sources, (tv guides/tv trailers etc) the new series of Top Gear starts again tonight.

Woohoo!

I've had too little James May in my life recently.  (His wine tasting adventures don't count as it's just not what he does best)

Can't wait for the fun and games to begin!

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

Post #: 1
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 23/1/2007 7:41:29 PM   
Mozza

Hate to disappoint, but its Sunday.

However, they are showing "Best of Top Gear" on Saturday.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 2
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 23/1/2007 7:46:04 PM   
Sway

That's so odd, I swear I saw a trailer saying it started tonight.  (Which I thought was weird in the first place as Sunday is usually the norm)

And then my flatmate came into my room to tell me it was tonight, earlier on today.  

My head now hurts.

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 3
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 23/1/2007 10:17:13 PM   
soderbergh1

i'm quite looking forward to this. if its on at 8pm on sunday it'll lead nicely into 24 and sunday night tv will be good for the first time in aaaaages! (and lost is coming back soon! wow!!)

i know nothing about cars and care very little about them, but this programme is genius and you don't really need to have much of an interest in automobiles to enjoy it.

"Well, when an adult male is chasing a female with intent to commit rape, I shoot the bastard. That's my policy."

LAST 3 FILMS WATCHED:
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe ***
Iron Man ***
Dasavatharam ***

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 4
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 24/1/2007 8:43:08 AM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: soderbergh1

i know nothing about cars and care very little about them, but this programme is genius and you don't really need to have much of an interest in automobiles to enjoy it.

You're quite right. My missus likes it (although she does like cars, to the point she buys a new one without telling me, but that's another story) and my 10 year old daughter finds it highly amusing as well (although she watches it on repeats because it's too late for her)
My Sundays haven't been the same without it to be honest, one of the best and funniest shows on TV.
It'll be good to see the hamster back on it as well, apparently they'll be showing the "crash" footage on the first show, I can't wait to see Clarkson taking the piss

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to soderbergh1)
Post #: 5
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 24/1/2007 9:14:42 AM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

I can't wait for it to come back on! My Sunday nights haven't been the same without it either.

A few people are up in arms about the crash being shown, but kudos to Hammond - he's got balls of steel obviously. Yet, I'm pretty sure Clarkson will just turn around and say 'And he STILL gets his teeth whitened!'

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 6
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 24/1/2007 11:45:56 AM   
damn im good!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jessica_ca_ca_ca

I can't wait for it to come back on! My Sunday nights haven't been the same without it either.

A few people are up in arms about the crash being shown, but kudos to Hammond - he's got balls of steel obviously. Yet, I'm pretty sure Clarkson will just turn around and say 'And he STILL gets his teeth whitened!'

I read somewhere they've lost the footage. Will be gutted if they have.

Don't fuck with the Jedi Master, son.

(in reply to Jessica_ca_ca_ca)
Post #: 7
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 24/1/2007 11:54:43 AM   
Captain Black

Clarkson wrote in his Sunday Times column (that I read on the net incidentally ) that they've been referring to Hamster as Princess Diana recently due to the excess attention that he received in the wake of his accident.

Looks a good series again from the brief trail, with Richard's accident I was a bit worried that they'd have to spend a bit more time actually reviewing cars and a bit less time cocking about, which is what, I'm sure most people will agree, they do best.

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to damn im good!)
Post #: 8
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 24/1/2007 1:02:50 PM   
Evessa

Yes lets hope the BBC don't tighten up too much on those safety regs!

"I know, egg and my face were in alignment" -

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 9
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 24/1/2007 1:18:24 PM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: damn i'm good!

I read somewhere they've lost the footage. Will be gutted if they have.

I think it was the footage from inside the car that they, errr, "lost".
Apparently it might have laid the blame on someone (mechanic or technician I suppose)
Shame they have to point the finger in what was really just an accidnet.
The footage from the side is still going to be shown though.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to damn im good!)
Post #: 10
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 24/1/2007 2:24:44 PM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

They could've "mislaid" that inside car footage because of the inevitable swearing from Hammond that ensued

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 11
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 24/1/2007 3:17:28 PM   
Timon

Personally, I'd like to see footage of him during the two weeks after the crash...when he apparantly became obsessed with Lego.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

Post #: 12
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 24/1/2007 3:35:41 PM   
Wedge

They should have done a special episode just about the crash and it's aftermath.  Though, I suppose Richard Hammond wouldn't want to dwell that much on it .

"When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!"
"Dance for me Colin! Daaance for me!!"
"Everybody's dead Dave"

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs314.snc4/41022_10150255199830294_790880293_14349909_1904630_n.jpg

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 13
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 24/1/2007 3:37:08 PM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon
Personally, I'd like to see footage of him during the two weeks after the crash...when he apparantly became obsessed with Lego.

Seriously?!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 14
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 24/1/2007 3:40:34 PM   
Timon

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-13548203,00.html

.........became obsessed with Lego and Top Trumps......

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Post #: 15
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 24/1/2007 4:02:42 PM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

Awww, you shouldn't laugh, but.... yeah, thank goodness he made a full recovery!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 16
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 24/1/2007 4:23:20 PM   
theram05

quote:

Was that the Page 3 Top Trumps? I had them in School, great cards, helped me through some tough times.......

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 17
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 24/1/2007 4:50:21 PM   
Chief Wiggum

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jessica_ca_ca_ca

They could've "mislaid" that inside car footage because of the inevitable swearing from Hammond that ensued

"Fuck fuck fuck, SHIT! I've chipped my sodding teeth!"

The Empire Forum Photo Competition - join now for fun and profit. okay no profit, or fun. but do it anyway!

Post #: 18
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 24/1/2007 5:37:02 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

quote:

You're quite right. My missus likes it (although she does like cars, to the point she buys a new one without telling me, but that's another story) and my 10 year old daughter finds it highly amusing as well (although she watches it on repeats because it's too late for her)
My Sundays haven't been the same without it to be honest, one of the best and funniest shows on TV.
It'll be good to see the hamster back on it as well, apparently they'll be showing the "crash" footage on the first show, I can't wait to see Clarkson taking the piss

It was my budding interest in cars that got me to watch this programme in the first place, and only then did I realise how much fun it was.  I've been an avid watcher (and fan of Captain Slow) ever since.

Infact I was seriously pissed off when somebody recently called me a lesbian on account of the fact that on my myspace I listed James May as one of my heroes and that I love TopGear.  Because a girl can't like cars and watch TopGear without being a lesbian.

He's clearly not seen the programme for a long time.

Infact aren't there usually complaints now that the programme doesn't serve car enthusiasts aswell as it used to, because it's now all about the 'cocking around' (as somebody very eloquently described it) as opposed to serious motor talk?

Either way I couldn't give a hoot. This livens up what is otherwise a dull day in the week.

The Winter Olympics episode has without a doubt been the funniest thing I've seen on tv in years.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 19
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 24/1/2007 5:44:47 PM   
Felix

According to an interview i read, the three of them have an agreement in place that if one of them gets killed making the show, the next show that goes out has to start with something like "As you may have heard, XXXX died last week. Anyway, moving on..." and go straight into the next item. Not sure they'd actually do it, but apparently Clarkson was a bit miffed they wouldnt get to this time.

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 20
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 24/1/2007 5:49:59 PM   
pettsy

quote:

i'm quite looking forward to this. if its on at 8pm on sunday it'll lead nicely into 24 and sunday night tv will be good for the first time in aaaaages! (and lost is coming back soon! wow!!)

Me neither, I just like the banter.  And Richard Hammond!

(in reply to soderbergh1)
Post #: 21
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 24/1/2007 6:21:15 PM   
Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: Felix

According to an interview i read, the three of them have an agreement in place that if one of them gets killed making the show, the next show that goes out has to start with something like "As you may have heard, XXXX died last week. Anyway, moving on..." and go straight into the next item. Not sure they'd actually do it, but apparently Clarkson was a bit miffed they wouldnt get to this time.

I read that too!  Could you imagine?! 

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 22
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 24/1/2007 8:53:04 PM   
zombiemaster

Can't wait for it to start again i only watch it for the challenges. Dont really care about the cars

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 23
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 24/1/2007 9:02:53 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

Richard Hammond mentioned this when he appeared on Jonathan Ross as well

I'm another fan of the show and having grown up in a house where my Dad was a mechanic (handy for all the Mini's I got through) and my brother would tinker with his cars (to the point of sawing the roof off one day as he fancied a convertable  ) I love cars. 

I have tried for years to get tickets for this show and you'd think working for the company that airs the show it would have been easy.  Not so!  Apparently there is a 9 month waiting list for tickets

It's a great combination of interesting facts, fun stuff (I liked the caravan darts) and serious information.  Appeals to all.

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 24
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 25/1/2007 9:33:39 AM   
Timon

quote:

Yeah i've heard that. Genius.

Sure the Daily Mail will demand it be taken off air for it.

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 25
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 25/1/2007 3:51:45 PM   
Ref

Finally something that I actually like to watch on Sundays!  All hail Top Gear as the saviour of Sunday evening/night television.

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 26
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 25/1/2007 4:00:41 PM   
filmburner30

i cant drive but icannot wait to see it either welcome back chaps especially the hamster 

"Where are you calling from Milo?"
"The bottom of the pool?"

"Im The Anti Christ.You got me in a Vendetta kind of mood"

"Come back Alan , You Wanker!"

"Your a Doctor,Deal with it"

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 27
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 25/1/2007 4:02:52 PM   
filmburner30

screw the Daily Mail and all it stands for we love Top Gear maybe Empire could ask the chaps about there fave film for a future article

"Where are you calling from Milo?"
"The bottom of the pool?"

"Im The Anti Christ.You got me in a Vendetta kind of mood"

"Come back Alan , You Wanker!"

"Your a Doctor,Deal with it"

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 28
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 26/1/2007 1:36:37 PM   
Sway

Oh boy!

I'm getting more and more excited each time I see the trailer for it!

(in reply to filmburner30)
Post #: 29
RE: Top Gear: New Series - 26/1/2007 2:09:09 PM   
Captain Black

quote:

Who hasn't been?

I wonder if he's got the same pack as me.

Interesting facial expression there, Rich.

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Top Gear: New Series Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI