Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: 2012 US Presidential Debates

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: 2012 US Presidential Debates Page: <<   < prev  173 174 [175] 176 177   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2012 US Presidential Debates - 24/10/2012 2:33:11 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bad Ash

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saltire

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bad Ash

I dont know enough about American politics to really comment on what Romney or Obama brings to the table, and I don't really care to be honest because fuckall will change in the world whichever one of them is in power, but I just thought anyone who has been following it would appreciate this! Beware - I actually nearly died laughing! Seriously!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlwilbVYvUg

Thats fantastic!

"I like the whizz!!"

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 5221
RE: 2012 US Presidential Debates - 24/10/2012 5:25:35 PM   
Erlenmeyer Flask

Ann Coulter's twitter page - I highly approve of Romney's decision to be kind and gentle to the retard.

We all know she's a troll.

Anyway, here's a response from a bloke with Down's. Clicky

< Message edited by Erlenmeyer Flask -- 24/10/2012 5:27:40 PM >

You're in the basement because they're afraid of you, of your relentlessness and because they know that they could drop you in the middle of the desert, and tell you the truth is out there, and you'd ask them for a shovel!

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 5222
RE: 2012 US Presidential Debates - 24/10/2012 7:51:43 PM   
Woger

I really believe if people like her were ignored they would dissappear into irrelevance.

Eddie: "Weve been burgaled"
Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

(in reply to Erlenmeyer Flask)
Post #: 5223
RE: 2012 US Presidential Debates - 24/10/2012 8:08:22 PM   
Shifty Bench

Ann Coulter is a horrible excuse for a human being but not only that, she is a horrible excuse for an American citizen if she can publicly call the president of her country such a word and think she's in the right. I've been reading up on this story and one question keeps coming up aimed at Ms Coulter- 'are you out of your fucking mind?'

I concur.

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 5224
RE: 2012 US Presidential Debates - 24/10/2012 8:22:16 PM   
deniseA

In other news Donald Trump continues his crusade against Obama, firstly promising something very big Re:Obama http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/us-election/9629646/Donald-Trump-to-deliver-very-big-Obama-revelation.html

Which led us to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgOq9pBkY0I

Clearly Donald Trump is a lunatic, quite what he expects Obama's college and passport records to say I don't know! has any other President released his college records?

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 5225
RE: 2012 US Presidential Debates - 24/10/2012 8:40:35 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: deniseA
Clearly Donald Trump is a lunatic, quite what he expects Obama's college and passport records to say I don't know! has any other President released his college records?

He is a bit of a nutjob. He claims to be a spokeman for the American people but I know many Americans and none of them has wondered what Obama's records hold. What do college records tell you anyway? What he studied? If he was ever late for class? If he was ever in trouble? Didn't Obama write about his college life in his books? Especially the fact that he smoked pot? Trump can't use that against Obama, it's public knowledge. I honestly can't think what would be in his college records that would be of any interest. He also wants to see his passport records. Is he trying to catch him out visiting Al Qaeda bases?

I want to see Mitt 'perfect in the eyes of Republicans' Romney's college records too.

EDIT: Actually, watching the video it sort of looks like a ransom demand

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 24/10/2012 9:01:09 PM >

(in reply to deniseA)
Post #: 5226
RE: 2012 US Presidential Debates - 24/10/2012 9:08:32 PM   
deniseA

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

It's bizarre isn't it! I like the 'or whatever it may be' line after giving himself credit for Obams's long form birth certificate.

< Message edited by deniseA -- 24/10/2012 9:41:28 PM >

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 5227
RE: 2012 US Presidential Debates - 24/10/2012 10:32:08 PM   
Shifty Bench

Haven't seen this posted yet. Republican senate canditate Richard Mourdock goofed when talking about abortion. Apparently he 'used the wrong words'. Just watch the video, rather than me explaining it-click It's that last sentence that has got people pissed off.

His clarification soon after- click. Maybe he did just word it wrong but this has happened with Republicans before and a lot of them do feel very strongly about abortion.

(in reply to deniseA)
Post #: 5228
RE: 2012 US Presidential Debates - 25/10/2012 3:43:19 AM   
Shifty Bench

Missed Sarah Palin saying something stupid that upsets many people? BOOM!- click

Post #: 5229
RE: 2012 US Presidential Debates - 25/10/2012 9:18:20 AM   
Bad Ash

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erlenmeyer Flask

Ann Coulter's twitter page - I highly approve of Romney's decision to be kind and gentle to the retard.

We all know she's a troll.

Anyway, here's a response from a bloke with Down's. Clicky

God, what an absolutely abhorent woman! I clicked on a few links on there to find out a bit more about this woman and really wished I hadn't. Yuk is all I can say!!

The letter from John Franklin Stephens (sufferer of Downs syndrome) is beautifully written and makes her look even worse. The fact that he invites her to the special olympics and signs it off "A friend you haven't made yet" gave me a lump in my throat! I hope she see's it and feels terrible about it!

I know where the bastard sleeps!

(in reply to Erlenmeyer Flask)
Post #: 5230
RE: 2012 US Presidential Debates - 26/10/2012 7:13:52 AM   
furrybastard

People like Coulter and Trump are 'celebrity Republicans'; they don't actually believe in or hold any real Conservative values, their real aim is to be famous and this is their route to it. Palin is the same but just got scarily close to legitimacy.

Here's the list McCain's campaign came up with for not choosing Romney as VP in 2008: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/10/09/1142432/-The-Reason-s-McCain-Chose-Palin-Over-Romney

(in reply to Bad Ash)
Post #: 5231
RE: The Obama Presidency and US politics in general - 26/10/2012 10:24:55 PM   
erasheha1985

Romneys going to win this isn't he!

< Message edited by erasheha1985 -- 26/10/2012 10:40:37 PM >

(in reply to Barefoot Doctor)
Post #: 5232
RE: 2012 US Presidential Debates - 26/10/2012 10:36:08 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: deniseA

He is a bit of a nutjob. He claims to be a spokeman for the American people but I know many Americans and none of them has wondered what Obama's records hold. What do college records tell you anyway? What he studied? If he was ever late for class? If he was ever in trouble? Didn't Obama write about his college life in his books? Especially the fact that he smoked pot? Trump can't use that against Obama, it's public knowledge. I honestly can't think what would be in his college records that would be of any interest. He also wants to see his passport records. Is he trying to catch him out visiting Al Qaeda bases?

I want to see Mitt 'perfect in the eyes of Republicans' Romney's college records too.

Post #: 5233
RE: 2012 US Presidential Debates - 26/10/2012 11:02:56 PM   
Keyser Sozzled

quote:

ORIGINAL: furrybastard

People like Coulter and Trump are 'celebrity Republicans'; they don't actually believe in or hold any real Conservative values, their real aim is to be famous and this is their route to it. Palin is the same but just got scarily close to legitimacy.

Here's the list McCain's campaign came up with for not choosing Romney as VP in 2008: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/10/09/1142432/-The-Reason-s-McCain-Chose-Palin-Over-Romney

I cannot plus one this enough. The Tea Party gets killed for riding on the Rep ticket but the fact is these parasites have been doing it for a lot longer and there is a view that states that without this type of "conservatism" married to social media there wouldn't be a Tea Party.

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

(in reply to furrybastard)
Post #: 5234
RE: The Obama Presidency and US politics in general - 26/10/2012 11:07:22 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: erasheha1985

I personally don't think so but it's close.

(in reply to erasheha1985)
Post #: 5235
RE: The Obama Presidency and US politics in general - 26/10/2012 11:14:51 PM   
Keyser Sozzled

It's a lot closer than is being reported but it's still Obama's to lose. He will nick Ohio and I think Florida is his unless some of the nefarious practices take place again. But if he gets in again it's a new world. Nothing to lose, no second term etc Could be interesting

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

Post #: 5236
RE: The Obama Presidency and US politics in general - 26/10/2012 11:48:41 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Keyser Sozzled
But if he gets in again it's a new world.

As it will be if Romney gets in, he wants to invade everywhere.....

(in reply to Keyser Sozzled)
Post #: 5237
RE: The Obama Presidency and US politics in general - 26/10/2012 11:52:22 PM   
Keyser Sozzled

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Keyser Sozzled
But if he gets in again it's a new world.

As it will be if Romney gets in, he wants to invade everywhere.....

Well, no. If Romney gets in then economically then its the old world. I actually think that Romney is not the POTUS that the Reps want. Thus he wont win.

Post #: 5238
RE: The Obama Presidency and US politics in general - 27/10/2012 12:02:16 AM   
Shifty Bench

I was joking. Romney does appear to be 'invade-happy' in the debates though, I was talking to my friends in the US the other night (after debate three) and they agree. They know a lot more about American politics more than me, obviously. And at least two of them (out of the four) would have voted Green if they felt that party had a chance in hell so it's not s though they were all 'Obama- hell yeah!'

I agree that the Republicans have no faith in Romney, I actually think they want Ryan more. He'll be a Presidential candidate further down the line, I'm guessing.

(in reply to Keyser Sozzled)
Post #: 5239
RE: The Obama Presidency and US politics in general - 27/10/2012 12:32:14 AM   
Keyser Sozzled

I dont think those 6 mins were intended to be funny DC

Post #: 5240
RE: The Obama Presidency and US politics in general - 27/10/2012 11:06:59 AM   
MrsFinkelstein

quote:

ORIGINAL: erasheha1985

I don't believe so, it's very close though. What maybe likely is Romney wins the 'popular' vote, but Obama wins the electoral college.

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/
http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/2012/romney-vs-obama-electoral-map?hw

It's not really unexpected it's this close when you think about it. With the disaster he had to deal with economy wise in 2008, and the fact the Repubs hate his guts with a passion and always have and have been particularly obstructive during the past 4 years - they have been flinging everything they can at this race.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/26/lawrence-wilkerson-colin-powell-sununu_n_2027721.html?utm_hp_ref=politics

Response to suggestions Powell only endorsed Obama because of race.

< Message edited by MrsFinkelstein -- 27/10/2012 11:12:35 AM >

(in reply to erasheha1985)
Post #: 5241
RE: The Obama Presidency and US politics in general - 28/10/2012 12:13:16 AM   
Shifty Bench

'Tysto' from the fan commentary site Tysto.com is supporting the Republican't Party. He has created some car bumper sticks to celebrate this with slogans such as-

and

See them here- click and here- click

(in reply to MrsFinkelstein)
Post #: 5242
RE: The Obama Presidency and US politics in general - 28/10/2012 12:35:59 AM   
boaby

So is this baaaaaad-ass storm gonna phuck around with the campaigns?

Are those Christ-amentalists gonns spin it as a portent of doooooooooom? A doooooooooom that can only be averted by voting for the Mormon?

I can't believe Obama isn't romping this. Which either says a lot about half of American voters or a lot about the Obama campaign.

"Aberdonians, and with some degree of purpose and right on their side, have absolute contempt for Glasgow. There is a side of Aberdonians who, let's be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you can measure it by the yard."

Post #: 5243
RE: 2012 US Presidential Debates - 28/10/2012 6:49:58 PM   
Erlenmeyer Flask

quote:

ORIGINAL: furrybastard

No doubt.
I believe Coulter's remark got a few thousand retweets, but there's little point in getting exercised about that as it's a network that's full of self-congratulatory wank. I did do a quick look around afterwards, though, and there was some 'outrage' from some saying that there was a double standard Obama's former CoS, Rahm Emmanuel used the word retard and that this caused offence (One of Palin's sons has Down's). I can't really remember what the double standard was, but yeah, Coulter, Limbaugh...all masters of self-publicity and noise. A bit like Michael Moore with added trollisms.

You're in the basement because they're afraid of you, of your relentlessness and because they know that they could drop you in the middle of the desert, and tell you the truth is out there, and you'd ask them for a shovel!

(in reply to furrybastard)
Post #: 5244
RE: The Obama Presidency and US politics in general - 29/10/2012 4:58:46 PM   
Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: boaby

Are those Christ-amentalists gonns spin it as a portent of doooooooooom? A doooooooooom that can only be averted by voting for the Mormon?

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/399324/20121029/anti-gay-christian-preacher-blames-gays-obama.htm

Yes

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 5245
RE: The Obama Presidency and US politics in general - 29/10/2012 5:05:07 PM   
Shifty Bench

Joss Whedon on Mitt Romney- click

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 5246
RE: The Obama Presidency and US politics in general - 29/10/2012 6:41:31 PM   
vad3r

Whedon for President. What other medium is there left to conquer?

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

Post #: 5247
RE: The Obama Presidency and US politics in general - 29/10/2012 7:36:48 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

quote:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/399324/20121029/anti-gay-christian-preacher-blames-gays-obama.htm

Yes

I know I shouldn't be surprised but...what...just...what the...gah...what...really? Is this man mentally disturbed? Surely this kind of religious paranoia could get anyone else locked up? Jesus wept. And he would again.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 5248
RE: The Obama Presidency and US politics in general - 29/10/2012 7:38:17 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

No unless you are a traditionalist. Traditional terms both Romeny and Obama are neck and neck. This storm is now the dominate factor in the presidential elections and the outcome will decide Obama fate. The super storm will test Obama leaderships and voters will pay close attention to his handling of this big crisis. Afterall Americans are voting for the canidate which they believe is best to keep Americans safe and improve lives. Obama has now a rare chance to prove to the Americans why he should be elected for the next four years.

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 5249
RE: The Obama Presidency and US politics in general - 29/10/2012 7:46:45 PM   
emogeek

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

quote:

Yes

When I first read that I thought it said "John McTiernan".

I almost wept at the fact that I would never be able to bring myself to watch Die Hard again...

The Fear Of Blood Tends To Create Fear For The Flesh

Have you ever been halfway through eating a horse and then realised you weren't as hungry as you thought you were?

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 5250
Page:   <<   < prev  173 174 [175] 176 177   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: 2012 US Presidential Debates Page: <<   < prev  173 174 [175] 176 177   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI