Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Race for the White House - 2008 Election

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: The Race for the White House - 2008 Election Page: <<   < prev  163 164 [165] 166 167   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Race for the White House - 2008 Election - 14/9/2012 5:22:44 PM   
Harry Tuttle

I'm going to keep posting this until he acknowledges it. I can't understand why he'd ignore something that makes his only point null and void though...

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

Not as surprised as I am by your poor maths skills. The total African American population is estimated at around 42 million, or about 13% of the US population. A lot of them would be too young to vote, unregistered or otherwise ineligilbe. Yet they still managed to cast 16 million votes in 2008 which, however you look at it is a damn sight more than 15%.

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 14/9/2012 5:25:39 PM >

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 4921
RE: The Race for the White House - 2008 Election - 14/9/2012 5:23:21 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

In order to defeat the troll, you must troll the troll.

To conquer troll, you must become Troll.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 4922
RE: The Race for the White House - 2008 Election - 14/9/2012 5:26:24 PM   
Woger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gravitas

quote:

ORIGINAL: Woger

quote:

I found it interesting that even with all the Obama hysteria only 15% could bother voting.

Were none of you Lefties surprised by that? Seriously.

Where is a source for the claim, and most importantly what is your point? I though the only reason righties think he got elected wa sbecause all the blicks voted for him because he is blick, and if you are right the a lot of white people voted for him.

I heard it on TV from an expert (and didn't a member on here google it a few posts back)

My only point was how surprising it was that with the (and I'm having to repeat myself here) excitement and hysteria over Obama being the first mixed race president that ONLY 15% of blacks voted for anyone.

Geddit now!
Just to confirm it wasn't only me that found it surprising, I just ask three women to guess. Unlike you folks they weren't too shy to try. The resposes were: 40%, 40% and 50%..

When I told them they were surprised too.

No, it might be relevant in tv expert/say anything to get on tv or sell books world but not in grown up world.

Eddie: "Weve been burgaled"
Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

(in reply to Gravitas)
Post #: 4923
RE: The Race for the White House - 2008 Election - 14/9/2012 5:34:28 PM   
superdan

quote:

quote:

quote:

I found it interesting that even with all the Obama hysteria only 15% could bother voting.

Were none of you Lefties surprised by that? Seriously.

Where is a source for the claim, and most importantly what is your point? I though the only reason righties think he got elected wa sbecause all the blicks voted for him because he is blick, and if you are right the a lot of white people voted for him.

I heard it on TV from an expert (and didn't a member on here google it a few posts back)

My only point was how surprising it was that with the (and I'm having to repeat myself here) excitement and hysteria over Obama being the first mixed race president that ONLY 15% of blacks voted for anyone.

Geddit now!

Just to confirm it wasn't only me that found it surprising, I just ask three women to guess. Unlike you folks they weren't too shy to try. The resposes were: 40%, 40% and 50%..

When I told them they were surprised too.

I don't want to argue with this tv expert or your straw poll of 3 people, but a cursory Google search turned up this: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/21/us/politics/21vote.html

Which seems to indicate either you or your 'expert' are full of shit. Probably both tho, assuming this 'expert' exists.

(in reply to Gravitas)
Post #: 4924
RE: The Race for the White House - 2008 Election - 14/9/2012 5:35:22 PM   
sanchia

His expert whispers in his ear when the tin foil hat slips.

Can he name either the expert or the television programme?

< Message edited by sanchia -- 14/9/2012 5:37:51 PM >

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 4925
RE: The Race for the White House - 2008 Election - 14/9/2012 5:54:38 PM   
Rgirvan44

Trying to work out which former forumite this guy is.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 4926
RE: The Race for the White House - 2008 Election - 14/9/2012 5:57:31 PM   
Gravitas

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

I'm going to keep posting this until he acknowledges it. I can't understand why he'd ignore something that makes his only point null and void though...

quote:

Not as surprised as I am by your poor maths skills. The total African American population is estimated at around 42 million, or about 13% of the US population. A lot of them would be too young to vote, unregistered or otherwise ineligilbe. Yet they still managed to cast 16 million votes in 2008 which, however you look at it is a damn sight more than 15%.

Obviously it is based on those eligible to vote.

Babies and such not included.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 4927
RE: The Race for the White House - 2008 Election - 14/9/2012 6:02:56 PM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

If you have any success let me know, because I'm not having any

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 4928
RE: The Race for the White House - 2008 Election - 14/9/2012 6:07:24 PM   
Woger

quote:

quote:

quote:

Or it was some brain dead rent a pundit on Fox who finished by saying Obama was a Kenyan, Fascist, Commnunist, Atheist Muslim.

Eddie: "Weve been burgaled"
Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

(in reply to Gravitas)
Post #: 4929
RE: The Race for the White House - 2008 Election - 14/9/2012 6:08:05 PM   
superdan

quote:

quote:

quote:

But, again, it's utter horseshit. From USA Today: "In 2008, about 65% of blacks went to the polls, nearly matching the 66% voting rate for whites. Black women had the highest rates of participation among all voters at 69%; they were followed by white women (68 percent), white men (64 percent) and black men (61 percent)."

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 4930
RE: The Race for the White House - 2008 Election - 14/9/2012 6:12:36 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

If you have any success let me know, because I'm not having any

Yeah, me neither. A little help?

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 4931
RE: The Race for the White House - 2008 Election - 14/9/2012 6:15:12 PM   
Rgirvan44

Need to check how they feel about people from Zimbabwe speaking their own language while in the canteen at work.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 4932
RE: The Race for the White House - 2008 Election - 14/9/2012 6:15:35 PM   
Hood_Man

Gravitas, nice use of the old "leave as much time as possible between posts to make people think I'm not replying too quickly and seeming desperate" technique

[EDIT]

*checks member list*

Yup, still there...

< Message edited by Hood_Man -- 14/9/2012 6:30:00 PM >

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 4933
RE: The Race for the White House - 2008 Election - 15/9/2012 12:43:07 AM   
MonsterCat

I know this Gravitas guy is a bit of a numb nuts, but does it really take six hours to come up with a grammatically sketchy and racist post?

Shit, it only takes me about five minutes.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 4934
RE: The Race for the White House - 2008 Election - 15/9/2012 12:51:50 AM   
Keyser Sozzled

Is it just me or is anyone else starting to like this guy?...He's kinda kooky

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 4935
RE: The Race for the White House - 2008 Election - 15/9/2012 12:59:42 AM   
Deviation

quote:

I know this Gravitas guy is a bit of a numb nuts, but does it really take six hours to come up with a grammatically sketchy and racist post?

I can make it in less than a minute.

Yu filthy Anglo_Saxns, Celts and gingers.

Took me 10 seconds to type that.

< Message edited by Deviation -- 15/9/2012 1:04:57 AM >

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 4936
RE: The Race for the White House - 2008 Election - 15/9/2012 1:23:22 AM   
MonsterCat

Well done.

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 4937
RE: The Race for the White House - 2008 Election - 15/9/2012 1:25:39 AM   
Pigeon Army

$10 says the TV expert's Glenn Beck.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc
She's supposed to be 13! I'd want her to be very attractive though

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pigeon Army
Stop being mean to Deviation

No.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 4938
RE: The Race for the White House - 2008 Election - 15/9/2012 1:28:22 AM   
Deviation

I'm kinda afraid to look for it online. Can rawlinson do it? He's the one who usually sees things like The Eternal Jew or Mandingo.

quote:

There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

(in reply to Pigeon Army)
Post #: 4939
RE: The Race for the White House - 2008 Election - 15/9/2012 1:35:44 AM   
Hood_Man

quote:

$10 says the TV expert's Glenn Beck.

Fuck that

(in reply to Pigeon Army)
Post #: 4940
RE: The Race for the White House - 2008 Election - 15/9/2012 1:18:08 PM   
Gravitas

quote:

I have mainstream views - it's only the Left-wing extreamists that dominate these sites that think otherwise.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 4941
RE: The Race for the White House - 2008 Election - 15/9/2012 1:19:03 PM   
Rgirvan44

Seen any interesting films lately?

(in reply to Gravitas)
Post #: 4942
RE: The Race for the White House - 2008 Election - 15/9/2012 1:22:45 PM   
sanchia

quote:

I have mainstream views - it's only the Left-wing extreamists that dominate these sites that think otherwise.

That is extremist not extreamists.

Isn't it strange that he has only posted in threads where he can make racial stereotypes and has made no other comments anywhere else? Actually not strange at all.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Gravitas)
Post #: 4943
RE: The Race for the White House - 2008 Election - 15/9/2012 4:29:30 PM   
Deviation

quote:

quote:

It's true, Rgirvan and Pigeon Army are indeed Maoists.

quote:

quote:

(in reply to Gravitas)
Post #: 4944
RE: The Race for the White House - 2008 Election - 16/9/2012 1:31:39 PM   
Pigeon Army

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

quote:

quote:

It's true, Rgirvan and Pigeon Army are indeed Maoists.

It is indeed true. I went to Beijing for three weeks, came back and tried to start a Cultural Revolution.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc
She's supposed to be 13! I'd want her to be very attractive though

quote:

quote:

Stop being mean to Deviation

No.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 4945
RE: The Race for the White House - 2008 Election - 17/9/2012 11:18:45 AM   
Fluke Skywalker

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

quote:

They've been bombing 'Al Qaeda' in Yemen and killed a lot of civilians so I don't think the people needed too much of an excuse to do this.

I do wonder what you mean with the apostrophes there. I do hope you're not seriously suggesting that there is not an Al Qaeda presence there.

Al Qaeda is a name invented by the CIA and a blanket propaganda label unifying various disparate terrorist groups. This allows them to continue with the War on Terror and maintain high levels of defence spending - essentially the US need to make it look like there's this evil global terror group like S.P.E.C.T.R.E. or someone out there.

There is no single islamic army/ terror group called Al Qaeda operating in the world which is why I used the apostrophes.

Sure hope you've got some sources there on this point.

BBC The Power of Nightmares :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mztfFdpd1Rk

On the note of Americans backing terrorists or at least condoning them we have to look at a few facts and then decide what you want to believe.

1.Have the Americans used terror groups/ death squads within countries to eliminate opposition in the past? Yes, a classic tactic of theirs is to arm groups within countries to destabilise them. Killing of civilians/ opponents has never been a problem and there is a ton of evidence to back this up.

2. 9/11 hijackers were Saudis, American started wars in Afghanistan and Iraq and left the Saudis completely untouched. Considering were talking about one of the most corrupt and gung ho US governments of all time in the Bush era - why would they leave alone the very country Bin Laden and the hijackers sprung up from? We also know the Saudis are preaching extreme forms of Islam, the Salafi fighters now in Syria are Saudi backed. Why don't America move against them or bring them into line?

3. We have had suicide bomb attacks against the Syrian regime, effectively we have terrorists fighting for the same cause as western foreign policy. Terror groups also flooded Iraq - but their primary targets were always other muslims not the occupying forces. Extremely odd. Interestingly there are no terror groups attempting to destabilise the likes of Bahrain in the same manner.

It doesn't add up - on one hand we have America fighting the War on Terror, but leaving the primary culprit Saudi Arabia well alone. We also have 'Al Qaeda' appearing to help to bring down non compliant arab countries in the middle east - effectively helping the west forment regime change.

Pure and utter conspiracy theory bait, there are massive divisiosn in the Islamic world: Iran/Iraq war Sunni/Shia etc

Of course there are - but they've been exploited by western interests before most recently in Iraq.

And the group behind September 11th didn't srping up from Saudi Arabia (some were also Egyptian and possibly a Moroccan, Bin Laden I think was born in Yemen. the nucleus of the group got together in Germany. There are some dodgy Saudi government links but to put them bang in the center is as far off as a light house.

Come on most of the hijackers were Saudi, Bin Laden's Saudi connections are common knowledge.

Why do the US turn a blind eye to Saudi Arabia, you have to ask!

This is my point though - American purport to be fighting this civilisation-saving battle against terrorism and yet they completely ignore the Saudis, a country clearly involved in radicalisation. What conclusions can you draw from this? Makes no sense unless you look for darker motives

Al Qaeada isn't some monoltihic group it's a network of networks, the nucleus of which was probably about 30 people who acted as figure heads and provided training funding for other groups. It's a useful umbrella term.

An umbrella term actually dreamt up by the Americans

Here's an article that touches on exactly what I've been talking about,

'The US had fed the al-Qa'ida scorpion and now it had bitten America. And so Washington now supports the opposition against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, was helping Saudi Arabia and Qatar pour cash and weapons to the militias (including Salafists and al-Qa'ida) and would, inevitably, be bitten by the same "scorpion" if Assad was overthrown.'

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/commentators/fisk/robert-fisk-alqaida-cashes-in-as-the-scorpion-gets-in-among-the-good-guys-8143267.html

< Message edited by Fluke Skywalker -- 17/9/2012 1:06:56 PM >

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 4946
RE: The Race for the White House - 2008 Election - 17/9/2012 4:06:03 PM   
Deviation

quote:

An umbrella term actually dreamt up by the Americans

No they, really didn't. This is something that's been existing since the Soviet War in Afghanistan.

quote:

Come on most of the hijackers were Saudi, Bin Laden's Saudi connections are common knowledge.

But did this come as a direct order from King Saud and his government or some elements within Saudi Arabia?

quote:

This is my point though - American purport to be fighting this civilisation-saving battle against terrorism and yet they completely ignore the Saudis, a country clearly involved in radicalisation. What conclusions can you draw from this? Makes no sense unless you look for darker motives

Because the relationship between them is far more complex. There are elements, including the King, who are claiming to be on the side of the Americans and fighting the terror cells. Do I have to repeat what I typed previously?

quote:

'The US had fed the al-Qa'ida scorpion and now it had bitten America. And so Washington now supports the opposition against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, was helping Saudi Arabia and Qatar pour cash and weapons to the militias (including Salafists and al-Qa'ida) and would, inevitably, be bitten by the same "scorpion" if Assad was overthrown.'

It doesn't, it rather shows that they might have common enemies. Iran and the Taliban have had a proxy alliance recently, and they are ideological enemies, but they had a common adversary. The relationships can be a hell load more complex.

quote:

quote:

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 4947
RE: The Race for the White House - 2008 Election - 17/9/2012 6:57:33 PM   
Saltire

America is such a despicable nation. I don't agree with what some of these numpty Islamists have done recently, but the way the Yanks carry on they do bring a lot of the stuff that happens upon them, and invariably, we are amongst the nations that have to help sort out the mess like the sycophants we are.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 4948
RE: The Race for the White House - 2008 Election - 18/9/2012 1:11:32 AM   
Shifty Bench

A lot of people are talking about this at the moment- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19631430

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 4949
RE: The Race for the White House - 2008 Election - 18/9/2012 8:14:30 AM   
Keyser Sozzled

Oh Mitt, Mitt, Mitt........

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0918/breaking2.html

Pretty sure that is going to be the centrepiece of the Obama's adminsitrations campaign for the next few weeks.

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 4950
Page:   <<   < prev  163 164 [165] 166 167   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: The Race for the White House - 2008 Election Page: <<   < prev  163 164 [165] 166 167   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI