Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: George R.R. Martins Game of Thrones - HBO

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: George R.R. Martins Game of Thrones - HBO Page: <<   < prev  55 56 [57] 58 59   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: George R.R. Martins Game of Thrones - HBO - 25/1/2013 7:16:38 PM   
Ariclenes

http://winteriscoming.net/2013/01/first-season-three-photos-released/#more-22542

New season 3 promo photos - hurry up 1st April!

(in reply to Ariclenes)
Post #: 1681
RE: George R.R. Martins Game of Thrones - HBO - 25/1/2013 7:29:40 PM   
demoncleaner

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

So in an interview with Empire, James Purefoy said that he and Kevin McKidd have said they wouldn't show up in Game of Thrones because they feel Rome was cancelled to make way for it.

Awww.

Is that for real? That's ridiculous, I don't understand the logic behind that at all! I'll have to listen to the interview to get the context of this statement, I'm truly baffled. CiarŠn Hinds didn't have a problem taking a role in GoT, grow up lads.

Speaking of Rome, that was another very ambitious show. Is there still a sense of sadness that you guys didn't get to take it further?

[Kevin] McKidd and I had lunch the other day, and I said to him, "Have you been asked to do Game Of Thrones?" And he said, "I'd never do it. Because they stole our fucking show." He worked out that if Rome had run for the entire seven seasons that it should have run, we would only have finished it last year. And he feels that HBO did Game of Thrones instead of us, so they stole our show. I kind of agree with him. I won't be doing Game Of Thrones, even if they ask me.

http://www.empireonline.com/interviews/interview.asp?IID=1624

Hmmm I can appreciate the loyalty they're showing but it still seems slightly petulant. That said I've never seen Rome so I have no attachment to it myself. It is a pity because there are definitely characters I could see them playing.

I'm probably talking pure spoof here but I always thought that Rome was only meant for one season but they had booked (Cinecitta?) studio for so long that it made sense to comission another one? It's maybe pure spoof but I always thought Rome wasn't cancelled, actually the opposite, we got one more than was intentioned?

I was going to say Ciaran Hinds could address this topic, but then his character got "cancelled" after one

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 1682
RE: George R.R. Martins Game of Thrones - HBO - 25/1/2013 7:50:43 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ariclenes

http://winteriscoming.net/2013/01/first-season-three-photos-released/#more-22542

Tyrion's scar doesn't look nearly gruesome enough for me; it actually looks pretty badass ... but then I suppose Dinklage isn't as ugly as Tyrion should be either

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Ariclenes)
Post #: 1683
RE: George R.R. Martins Game of Thrones - HBO - 26/1/2013 7:29:49 AM   
SwozTheRevenge

Peter Dinklage will be at London Film & Comic-Con if you're that way inclined.

@ChairmanBLAOW

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 1684
RE: George R.R. Martins Game of Thrones - HBO - 29/1/2013 1:23:10 AM   
Saltire

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ariclenes

Great, Clive Russell and Ciaran Hines added to the cast also!

(in reply to Ariclenes)
Post #: 1685
RE: George R.R. Martins Game of Thrones - HBO - 23/2/2013 7:56:05 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

HBO's Season Three Trailer

Clicky!

Looks pretty amazing! I CAN'T wait!

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 1686
RE: George R.R. Martins Game of Thrones - HBO - 23/2/2013 8:34:11 AM   
Peter Griffin

Yeah looks mint, the wifes read all the books and keeps saying "Just wait...", yeah ramp my excitment levels up some more why don't you

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 1687
RE: George R.R. Martins Game of Thrones - HBO - 23/2/2013 10:13:40 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

"Just Wait...."

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 1688
RE: George R.R. Martins Game of Thrones - HBO - 23/2/2013 10:34:43 AM   
Peter Griffin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

"Just Wait...."

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

Post #: 1689
RE: George R.R. Martins Game of Thrones - HBO - 11/3/2013 9:15:53 AM   
Hobbitonlass

Re-watched season 2 over the weekend after getting the Blu Ray on Friday! Dammit want to watch season 3 RIGHT NOW! Going to start re-reading Storm of Swords to keep me quiet..

The downside is that I'll have to wait a week for each episode whereas I loved being able to watch the entire series in 2 sittings (had Tomb Raider to play as well.... )

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 1690
RE: George R.R. Martins Game of Thrones - HBO - 14/3/2013 6:26:08 PM   
target

Yeah i've re watched season two over the last couple of days. I was thinking of reading SOS again, but don't want it too fresh in my mind because I'll just notice everything they cut out.

I cant bloody wait for season three though. Only down side is i've got rid of sky. So will have to watch it round my sisters.

We're not retreating we're advancing in another direction

Thanks for the AV darthbane.

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 1691
RE: George R.R. Martins Game of Thrones - HBO - 15/3/2013 11:47:48 AM   
Chief

Seen the trailer for the first time last night, it looked like a movie. Can't wait.

(in reply to Ariclenes)
Post #: 1692
RE: George R.R. Martins Game of Thrones - HBO - 18/3/2013 11:57:39 AM   
Scruffybobby

"Princess Bride Trailer" (bit spoilery for S1)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFOXCfoKO1k

and epic looking 90 second one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rPMyxg-0iuw

Just finshed re watching S2 - cannot wait for S3

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 1693
RE: George R.R. Martins Game of Thrones - HBO - 18/3/2013 12:58:27 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scruffybobby

"Princess Bride Trailer" (bit spoilery for S1)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFOXCfoKO1k

and epic looking 90 second one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rPMyxg-0iuw

Just finshed re watching S2 - cannot wait for S3

I would say that the Princess Bride trailer is not suitable for those who haven't read the books as that last tag definitely hints at stuff to come

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 1694
RE: George R.R. Martins Game of Thrones - HBO - 18/3/2013 6:39:14 PM   
Base

quote:

I would say that the Princess Bride trailer is not suitable for those who haven't read the books as that last tag definitely hints at stuff to come

If you hadn't said that, I don't think anyone would have read anything into it other than a princess bride line!

Hadn't seen the 90 second trailer, they're killing us with there teasers!!! I don't want a series now, I want a 12 hour TV movie!!!!!!!

And have finally realised why I don't recall the dude climbing up the wall of ice, I thought that was the Old Bear, d'oh!!!

< Message edited by Base -- 18/3/2013 6:42:14 PM >

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 1695
RE: George R.R. Martins Game of Thrones - HBO - 21/3/2013 6:29:35 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

Martin: Well, Iím writing book 6, The Winds of Winter. Iím starting to worry because everybody keeps asking me, ďWhat are you going to do, if David and Dan and the show catches up to you?,Ē and I didnít think it was a problem before, but theyíre moving faster than I am and itís beginning to scare me. I have not failed to notice this. I feel sometimes as if Iím laying track for a railroad and I can hear the locomotive coming up behind me. Itís building speed and I see the smoke and I hear the whistle coming, and I better keep laying that track pretty fast Ďcause Iíll get squashed, if the locomotive comes. But, I still have a pretty considerable lead, or at least thatís what Iím telling myself. Season 3 is only the first half of book 3. Season 4 will be the second half of book 3. And then, I have book 4 and book 5, and those are gigantic books which have to be recombined because theyíre actually parallel. Iím hoping those will be at least two seasons, maybe three. That will give me some time to finish book 6. By the time theyíre doing that season, Iíll be writing book 7. Thatís my story, and Iím sticking to it.

So it looks like it might be seven seasons up to the end of Book 5. This series is going to be Epic.....

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 1696
RE: George R.R. Martins Game of Thrones - HBO - 21/3/2013 7:23:16 PM   
Vadersville

Great news! Where's that quote from? Is its a spoilerific interview?

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

Post #: 1697
RE: George R.R. Martins Game of Thrones - HBO - 21/3/2013 7:27:45 PM   
Rgirvan44

Yeah the last two books are huge, but they are also full of filler. The idea that they would last 2-3 seasons is hilarious. The show would be dead if they did that.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 1698
RE: George R.R. Martins Game of Thrones - HBO - 21/3/2013 8:38:56 PM   
Vadersville

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Yeah the last two books are huge, but they are also full of filler. The idea that they would last 2-3 seasons is hilarious. The show would be dead if they did that.

Just what to remind everyone that this is NOT the book speed thread for the show. Before this discussion starts wondering into dangerous territory.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1699
RE: George R.R. Martins Game of Thrones - HBO - 21/3/2013 8:41:30 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vadersville

quote:

Just what to remind everyone that this is NOT the book speed thread for the show. Before this discussion starts wondering into dangerous territory.

This is hardly a spoiler - just saying without giving ANYTHING away, there is plenty to condense in there.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

Post #: 1700
RE: George R.R. Martins Game of Thrones - HBO - 22/3/2013 12:54:38 PM   
Chief

quote:

quote:

Martin: Well, Iím writing book 6, The Winds of Winter. Iím starting to worry because everybody keeps asking me, ďWhat are you going to do, if David and Dan and the show catches up to you?,Ē and I didnít think it was a problem before, but theyíre moving faster than I am and itís beginning to scare me. I have not failed to notice this. I feel sometimes as if Iím laying track for a railroad and I can hear the locomotive coming up behind me. Itís building speed and I see the smoke and I hear the whistle coming, and I better keep laying that track pretty fast Ďcause Iíll get squashed, if the locomotive comes. But, I still have a pretty considerable lead, or at least thatís what Iím telling myself. Season 3 is only the first half of book 3. Season 4 will be the second half of book 3. And then, I have book 4 and book 5, and those are gigantic books which have to be recombined because theyíre actually parallel. Iím hoping those will be at least two seasons, maybe three. That will give me some time to finish book 6. By the time theyíre doing that season, Iíll be writing book 7. Thatís my story, and Iím sticking to it.

So it looks like it might be seven seasons up to the end of Book 5. This series is going to be Epic.....

I hope that doesn't make him rush the books....

Post #: 1701
RE: George R.R. Martins Game of Thrones - HBO - 22/3/2013 1:33:43 PM   
Vadersville

quote:

quote:

quote:

This is hardly a spoiler - just saying without giving ANYTHING away, there is plenty to condense in there.

I didn't say it was, just reminded everyone that this isn't the place for book discussion. We've had posters ruin it for us before.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1702
RE: George R.R. Martins Game of Thrones - HBO - 22/3/2013 4:59:32 PM   
Base

New opening credit sequence and theme music for this season, big improvement I think but sure the fanboys will moan about it

http://chrudat.com/videos/game-of-thrones-90s-style

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

Post #: 1703
RE: George R.R. Martins Game of Thrones - HBO - 23/3/2013 9:40:38 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

Great news! Where's that quote from? Is its a spoilerific interview?

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/game-of-thrones/24907/george-rr-martin-on-game-of-thrones-seasons-4-5-6-and-beyond

It's not spoilerific as such but there are a couple of lines that could surprise you....

< Message edited by Your Funny Uncle -- 23/3/2013 9:42:36 AM >

Post #: 1704
RE: George R.R. Martins Game of Thrones - HBO - 26/3/2013 9:58:22 PM   
Rinc

I wasn't going to rewatch GoT before the 3rd season but the girlfriend hadn't seen and wanted to give it a go. So two episodes on Sunday turned into eight as she absolutely loved it and then we finished season one off last night. We're now two episodes into season two but with her family visiting at the weekend and being busy on Thursday night, can we complete it before the new series starts? I hope so.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

Post #: 1705
RE: George R.R. Martins Game of Thrones - HBO - 26/3/2013 10:07:23 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

I wasn't going to rewatch GoT before the 3rd season but the girlfriend hadn't seen and wanted to give it a go. So two episodes on Sunday turned into eight as she absolutely loved it and then we finished season one off last night. We're now two episodes into season two but with her family visiting at the weekend and being busy on Thursday night, can we complete it before the new series starts? I hope so.

Just get the visiting family to watch as well. If GoT is anything it's a family show

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 1706
RE: George R.R. Martins Game of Thrones - HBO - 26/3/2013 10:08:49 PM   
Rinc

From what I remember of season two there's less tits than season one so it's definitely Easter Sunday viewing.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 1707
RE: George R.R. Martins Game of Thrones - HBO - 31/3/2013 7:44:09 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

Just a note, can anyone who is watching at US speed (tonight) please refrain from posting until it has aired on Sky Atlantic (10pm on a Monday night)

This should avoid any possible issues.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 1708
RE: George R.R. Martins Game of Thrones - HBO - 31/3/2013 9:28:01 AM   
Rinc

Just 3 episodes of season 2 left. We're not going to get to watch them before the third season starts but because I'm such an amazing boyfriend I'll wait until Tuesday.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

Post #: 1709
RE: George R.R. Martins Game of Thrones - HBO - 31/3/2013 2:16:06 PM   
musht

quote:

Just a note, can anyone who is watching at US speed (tonight) please refrain from posting until it has aired on Sky Atlantic (10pm on a Monday night)

This should avoid any possible issues.

*9pm on Monday ... although it will be over at 10 so maybe that's what you meant. But still, I'd hate for you to miss it because you got the time wrong

< Message edited by musht -- 31/3/2013 2:17:22 PM >

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

Post #: 1710
Page:   <<   < prev  55 56 [57] 58 59   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: George R.R. Martins Game of Thrones - HBO Page: <<   < prev  55 56 [57] 58 59   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI