Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Questions for the Game of Thrones cast?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Questions for the Game of Thrones cast? Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Questions for the Game of Thrones cast? - 16/3/2011 6:16:12 PM   
Timon

Hey guys,

A certain film site I write for is interviewing the Game of Thrones cast. As I've landed the job of reviewing the episodes, they assume I know alot about the series.... however I've only just started reading the first book....

So, if you have any questions for;

Unfortunately, I don't know nearly as much about the fantasy genre as you do, so I was wondering if you had any questions for the cast? I'll be interviewing:   Harry Lloyd (Viserys Targaryen) and Alfie Allen (Theon Greyjoy)
Emilia Clarke (Daenerys Targaryen)
Nikolaj Coster Waldau (Jaime Lannister)
Jason Momoa (Khal Drogo)

Your input would be awesome!

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Jeffrey)
Post #: 91
RE: Questions for the Game of Thrones cast? - 17/3/2011 5:38:02 PM   
Jeffrey

Lots of featurettes:
http://www.youtube.com/user/GameofThrones

Wong Kar-wai News:

http://wongkarwainews.wordpress.com/

Wrestling gifs tumblr:

http://ilovewrestlinggifs.tumblr.com/

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 92
RE: Questions for the Game of Thrones cast? - 1/4/2011 1:31:24 PM   
vader100

It seems they have nailed it!!

http://www.denofgeek.com/television/833989/game_of_thrones_episode_1_spoilerfree_review.html

Obviously the reviewer has no idea of the book so his questions here are unfounded to those of us who know the books.

You can't take the sky from me

(in reply to Jeffrey)
Post #: 93
RE: Questions for the Game of Thrones cast? - 1/4/2011 1:50:28 PM   
Rob

Sounds great. I can't wait for this...but looks like I might have to. The problem is I don't have SKY and don't like to get it from other less scrupulous sources so unless iTunes does a season pass (not looking very likely due to issues with SKY, HBO and Apple) then it's going to have to wait for DVD.

Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

(in reply to vader100)
Post #: 94
RE: Questions for the Game of Thrones cast? - 2/4/2011 10:01:06 AM   
Castor Troy

My Sky arrives on Friday!! Can't wait for this.

The individual human mind. In a child's ability to master the multiplication table, there is more holiness than all your shouted hosannas and holy holies. An idea is more important than a monument and the advancement of Man's knowledge more miraculous than all the sticks turned to snakes and the parting of the waters.

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 95
RE: Questions for the Game of Thrones cast? - 4/4/2011 12:58:04 PM   
Blunderbuss

HBO has the first 15 minutes of Game of Thrones available on-line here

A brilliantly atmospheric opening.  Consider my appetite truly whetted...

Oh, and the Hollywood Reporter has another positive review on-line here

< Message edited by Blunderbuss -- 4/4/2011 1:01:40 PM >

"oh you don't want to shoot him. You'll just make him mad"

(in reply to Castor Troy)
Post #: 96
RE: Game of Thrones - HBO - 4/4/2011 3:12:37 PM   
Acho

Thank you for linking to the HBO site! Other websites had articles saying they had that video but it wasn't playing on any of them for me for some reason. I hadn't thought to just go to the source!

Really looking forward to this kicking off. All the images and clips from the past months just aren't enough anymore! Almost finished reading A Game of Thrones too, with A Clash of Kings ready to go next. No major rush with catching up on them though, by all accounts, what with Martin's rate of writing!

(in reply to Blunderbuss)
Post #: 97
RE: Game of Thrones - HBO - 4/4/2011 3:52:31 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Acho

Thank you for linking to the HBO site! Other websites had articles saying they had that video but it wasn't playing on any of them for me for some reason. I hadn't thought to just go to the source!

Really looking forward to this kicking off. All the images and clips from the past months just aren't enough anymore! Almost finished reading A Game of Thrones too, with A Clash of Kings ready to go next. No major rush with catching up on them though, by all accounts, what with Martin's rate of writing!

New book coming out this summer!

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Acho)
Post #: 98
RE: Game of Thrones - HBO - 4/4/2011 3:55:42 PM   
Rob

Haven't watched the clip yet but as soon as 17:30 comes around...I'm on it. Just nearing the end of Clash Of Kings and it has only served to whet my appetite even more.

Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 99
RE: Game of Thrones - HBO - 4/4/2011 6:14:47 PM   
galvatron

It was fantastic, very much like the novel and introduced the Starks very well! Can't wait to see more. 

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 100
RE: Game of Thrones - HBO - 4/4/2011 6:50:32 PM   
superdan

Wow... just watched that preview. I was ambivalent towards this show from the couple of adverts I'd seen but now I can't wait to start watching this. Genuinely unnerving at times, not what I was anticipating.

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 101
RE: Game of Thrones - HBO - 5/4/2011 10:59:23 AM   
Rob

Despite HBO's site being very slow and jerky I thought the footage was fantastic. There was a palpable sense of dread in the Wall section and I think Bean is absolutely perfectly cast as Ned. He nails the heavy sense of duty and being the reluctant but honourable server of the realm. Perfect so far!

< Message edited by Rob -- 5/4/2011 11:03:04 AM >

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 102
RE: Game of Thrones - HBO - 5/4/2011 11:40:31 AM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob

and I think Bean is absolutely perfectly cast as Ned.

He suits this style of role perfectly!

I watched this preview last night and oh my!  My excitement is reaching fever pitch.  Having just finished the book it was absolutely spot on.  Can't wait!!!

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 103
RE: Game of Thrones - HBO - 5/4/2011 11:45:23 AM   
Timon

I refuse to watch the first 15 minutes! It'll make the next two weeks unbearable.

On the last chapters of Game of Thrones and have just ordered Clash of Kings....

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 104
RE: Game of Thrones - HBO - 5/4/2011 11:50:00 AM   
Hobbitonlass

Yeah, have to admit when the 15 mins stopped I was "Nooooooooooooooo".  So wanted more

I was half way through GoT and ordered the rest of the available books so I can just carry on when I get to the end of Clash of Kings

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 105
RE: Game of Thrones - HBO - 5/4/2011 11:51:11 AM   
shool

I havent read the books, but everyone elses excitement is certainly getting me excited.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

Post #: 106
RE: Game of Thrones - HBO - 5/4/2011 12:06:25 PM   
Timon

With trailers like this, how can you not be?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpJYNVhGf1s

Winter is coming, Shool. Winter is coming.

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 107
RE: Game of Thrones - HBO - 5/4/2011 12:19:50 PM   
Hobbitonlass

Interested to see how the Dothraki will be filmed

The casting for this, just watching that trailer, is just superb! 

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 108
RE: Game of Thrones - HBO - 5/4/2011 12:30:25 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

I'm really looking forward to this, if nothing more than my love for Sean Bean, but I just know it's going to be awesome!

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

Post #: 109
RE: Game of Thrones - HBO - 5/4/2011 1:21:24 PM   
vader100

Couple of interesting interviews:-

http://www.denofgeek.com/television/836822/jason_momoa_interview_game_of_thrones_playing_conan_and_more.html

http://www.denofgeek.com/television/833246/alfie_allen_and_emilia_clarke_interview_game_of_thrones_tv_fantasy_hbo_and_more.html

You can't take the sky from me

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 110
RE: Game of Thrones - HBO - 5/4/2011 3:33:56 PM   
Rob

I'm trying to temper my excitement but the casting department should be feeling pretty smug right now. Everything I've seen (and I've tried to track down every interview / clip / preview) looks like they've made the right choices. Momoa look's exactly how I imagined Khal Drogo to look and although I've not seen him in anything he seems to be genuinely excited about the role

(in reply to vader100)
Post #: 111
RE: Game of Thrones - HBO - 5/4/2011 5:44:26 PM   
pedros

I love the wight's blue eyes!

It's looking good. I was hoping it would include the direwolf scene and maybe a bit more of Arya but I am beyond excited now.

I'd rather see Dave Lee Travis play Macbeth.

Hey, wha' happened???

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 112
RE: Game of Thrones - HBO - 5/4/2011 5:49:52 PM   
Jeffrey

Wong Kar-wai News:

http://wongkarwainews.wordpress.com/

Wrestling gifs tumblr:

http://ilovewrestlinggifs.tumblr.com/

(in reply to pedros)
Post #: 113
RE: Game of Thrones - HBO - 5/4/2011 5:51:01 PM   
vad3r

I'll be buying this on blu ray as I don't watch TV on TV.

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to Jeffrey)
Post #: 114
RE: Questions for the Game of Thrones cast? - 12/4/2011 1:24:02 PM   
Timon

Winter is coming.... in five days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ige0hdzZ_U

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 115
RE: Questions for the Game of Thrones cast? - 12/4/2011 3:34:29 PM   
Rob

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/game-of-thrones

I'm not sure the Wall Street Journal one is even a review but even then quotes like this certainly don't dampen my enthusiasm.

"Thrones also has wolf pups, which is always cool. But then we're back to the familiar favorites of the infantile:, e.g., spurting blood and gore, bastard sons, evil vixens, blond nymphets, quasilesbian action, crude talk among men about their private parts, incest, rough couplings and more random bare breasts than any other contender in the adolescent-boy-action-show contest this month."

It makes it sound brilliant even if I'm a bit too old to be classed as an adolescent boy! Infantile maybe but not adolescent.

< Message edited by Rob -- 12/4/2011 3:40:36 PM >

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 116
RE: Questions for the Game of Thrones cast? - 13/4/2011 11:56:53 AM   
Rob

Another review:

http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/116/1160215p1.html

(in reply to Rob)
Post #: 117
RE: Questions for the Game of Thrones cast? - 13/4/2011 3:18:08 PM   
Timon

Guess who's being sent DVD screeners for all the episodes? Well, the first two should arrive tomorrow and the rest over a staggered weekly basis...

Hint - it's not James Van Der Beek...

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 118
RE: Questions for the Game of Thrones cast? - 13/4/2011 3:21:43 PM   
shool

Git!

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 119
RE: Questions for the Game of Thrones cast? - 13/4/2011 3:24:40 PM   
Hobbitonlass

We could ban him Shool, stop him gloating about it  

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Questions for the Game of Thrones cast? Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI