Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 5/1/2006 11:31:15 AM   
Krazy_Beyootiful

Ah, I'll be nice to you then, if you can read what I'm saying.

How can we be happy in a world where predictive text can spell Indictment but not Flapjacks?

(in reply to Izzardesque2)
Post #: 91
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 5/1/2006 11:40:41 AM   
LiliBee

Morning!

I hate work. Want to be back on  holiday  Still - only today and tomorrow to go then I'm off to Oz. Getting very stressed now, my permanent facial expression looks kinda like this:

KB - go have a shower and wash your hair. Dunno how it does it but shampoo and conditioner always manages to take off the worst of waterproof mascara. I always wear superstrength waterproof stuff too, otherwise it ends up streaming down my face randomly  

On the subject of showers, I got in mine this morning, put shampoo on my hair, and then my boiler gave out so i had to wash out the shampoo using freezing cold water, and couldn't use conditioner or have a proper shower. I was not a happy bunny. It took half an hour to stop shivering

< Message edited by LiliBee -- 5/1/2006 11:42:43 AM >

Don't believe a word

(in reply to Krazy_Beyootiful)
Post #: 92
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 5/1/2006 11:42:34 AM   
Izzardesque2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Krazy_Beyootiful

Ah, I'll be nice to you then, if you can read what I'm saying.

I would hope you would want to say nice things anyway...

The limerick packs laughs anatomical
Into space that is quite economical
But the good ones I've seen
So seldom are clean
And the clean ones so seldom are comical

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Post #: 93
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 5/1/2006 12:22:05 PM   
Krazy_Beyootiful

Well, I've not said nasty things to you yet Izz so you can probably safely assume that I haven't wanted to.

Aw, Lil. Cold showers are horrid, poor you. Have you started packing yet hon? Are you nervous about going? More big hugs for being permenently stressed.  You'll have a great time though, and just feel sorry for all the poor people who have to keep working rather than going off to Australia.

How can we be happy in a world where predictive text can spell Indictment but not Flapjacks?

Post #: 94
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 5/1/2006 12:46:34 PM   
LiliBee

I don't know what happened to the damn boiler. Strange thing is, the heating was on, but it wouldn't fire up to heat the water  It needs replacing i think but who cares I'm off on sunday so not my problem after that!

Haven't even started packing yet. I did put a load of laundry on this morning though so that counts right?  Slowly sorting out everything else I need to do but keep getting distracted by people asking me to go to the pub, or generally stuff that's more exciting than figuring out how to pack my life into a couple of suitcases!!

Also just realised I'm supposed to take some Maths exams in June but I have no idea where I'll be at that point

Don't believe a word

Post #: 95
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 5/1/2006 1:29:31 PM   
Krazy_Beyootiful

Maths exams? Ugh. I'd arrange to be as far away from where you're meant to be sitting those as is possible in June.

Doing laundry is an excellent start. So much so that I think you've probably earnt a little break now.  I'm a really bad packer - I procrastinate until the last moment because I hate doing it. I didn't pack for Uni until the morning I was leaving, then I kept having to get my Mum and Dad to bring me things I'd forgotten. Since that probably won't work for you in Oz just sit down and make a very detailed list and then go through it carefully and make sure you have everything. Then go to the pub again.

(in reply to LiliBee)
Post #: 96
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 5/1/2006 1:42:12 PM   
Izzardesque2

Make your company buy you a whole new wardrobe!

So seldom are clean

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Post #: 97
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 5/1/2006 2:59:46 PM   
Jackie

Afternoon whirly girlies. How are we all? My wrist is still really hurting and every time I move it shooting pains go through it and it clicks a lot Is that bad?

Hm... painkillers...

Jackie.

http://dwightsheep.pocketses.net

1. Epic Movie ***
2. Date Movie **
3. Music & Lyrics ***
4. Strings ****
5. Grave of the Fireflies *****

Post #: 98
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 5/1/2006 3:02:56 PM   
LiliBee

I've done two loads of laundry now, does that mean I get a gold star?!

Also just rang the college, they've let me defer the exams for 6 months. I said I'd prefer if they just assumed I'd get an A and pass me anyway, but they didn't seem too keen on that idea.

I'm also a very bad packer KB. Tend to do it at the last minute, and always pack too much. Somehow I don't think thats going to be the problem this time though, how the hell do you pack too much stuff for 6 months?  Anyway the list thing is what I usually do. Helps when I'm panicking at the last minute!

Izz - tried that one out on my boss. Take a wild guess what her answer was?  However, I do have access to the company credit card details...... <<insert evil laugh here>>

EDIT: Jackie that does not sound good at all hon. Hope you've got some support on it. If you can still clench your fingers and make a fist then it's likely not broken, but still, if you're not sure then go get it checked out! Otherwise, get the frozen peas out!! Big Hugs sweetie

< Message edited by LiliBee -- 5/1/2006 3:05:53 PM >

Don't believe a word

Post #: 99
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 5/1/2006 3:02:57 PM   
zuccicelia

Thank God for ibuprofin!

"All my life I've had this strange feeling that there's something big and sinister going on in the world."

(in reply to Jackie)
Post #: 100
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 5/1/2006 3:08:54 PM   
Krazy_Beyootiful

Aww Jax. Poor thing. Try not to take too many Ibuprofen without eating first, it kind of wrecks the lining of your stomach. The only other thing you could do is try icing it - just wrap a bag of frozen peas or something in a tea towel and hold it on, that should reduce any swelling at least although it won't help the pain.

Lil - I don't think youu can pack too much for 6 months, unless you go over your luggage limit which would be a pain in the arse. I always do when I go away because at least half of my suitcase is usually filled with books. You can probably buy anything you've forgotten out there - as long as you have passport and visa's and things you should be okay. They're mean about visa's out there - they almost wouldn't let me in because I had an electronic visa and the computer didn't recognise it. I was stood there for about an hour while they tried to sort it out, crying my eyes out the whole time.

Anyway, take the credit card and pick up anything you've forgotten out there!  And yes, you may have a gold star. Here....

(in reply to zuccicelia)
Post #: 101
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 5/1/2006 3:19:39 PM   
Izzardesque2

quote:

ORIGINAL: LiliBee

Jackie that does not sound good at all hon. Hope you've got some support on it. If you can still clench your fingers and make a fist then it's likely not broken, but still, if you're not sure then go get it checked out! Otherwise, get the frozen peas out!! Big Hugs sweetie

I could make a fist when I snapped my wrist clean across both bones so I wouldn't take too much comfort from that!! Go to the doctors!

So seldom are clean

(in reply to LiliBee)
Post #: 102
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 5/1/2006 3:39:14 PM   
LiliBee

Ouch Izz!! Well I did say likely.... perhaps you're just the exception

Anyways.... Jackie... if you're worried, do as Izz says and go to the doctor. Better safe than sorry. Mind you, even the doctors miss it sometimes - my stepdad fell off a ladder at work a couple of months ago, and injured his ankle. They x-rayed it and everything at the hospital and said it was just sprained, sent him home with painkillers and some crutches. A month later when he still couldn't put weight on it they went to the GP's, who sent him back up the hospital for more x-rays.... He'd broken it clean through both sides, and had been getting around on a broken ankle for weeks because the consultant at the hospital originally was totally shit. It's clear as day on both sets of x-rays, honestly how do you miss something like that?

Don't believe a word

Post #: 103
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 5/1/2006 3:50:58 PM   
Jackie

Well my dad's a doctor and he checked it out yesterday, and doesn't think it's broken, but it does hurt something awful. I mean, I can move it, it's just pretty... ouchy. I think I'll eat more painkillers and then ask my mom whether or not I should get it checked out.

When I told my dad about it yesterday, expecting some comfort, he yelled at me and called me clumsy ... which I am

Jackie.

1. Epic Movie ***
2. Date Movie **
3. Music & Lyrics ***
4. Strings ****

(in reply to LiliBee)
Post #: 104
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 5/1/2006 4:10:55 PM   
Izzardesque2

When I broke my wrist, our so called 'first-aider' waggled it about a bit and declared it sprained because there was lots of flexibility. Kinda missed the fact that there was so much flexibility because it wasn't actually attached to anything except by the muscles!!

So seldom are clean

(in reply to Jackie)
Post #: 105
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 5/1/2006 4:34:01 PM   
Krazy_Beyootiful

quote:

ORIGINAL: Izzardesque2

When I broke my wrist, our so called 'first-aider' waggled it about a bit and declared it sprained because there was lots of flexibility. Kinda missed the fact that there was so much flexibility because it wasn't actually attached to anything except by the muscles!!

Oh dear. That probably shouldn't make me want to giggle should it?

Post #: 106
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 5/1/2006 4:37:18 PM   
Izzardesque2

Well, I was very 'limp-wristed' for a while....

So seldom are clean

Post #: 107
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 5/1/2006 4:38:53 PM   
Krazy_Beyootiful

That wasn't even why I wanted to giggle, although it's making me want to even more. I just accepted a free snowboarding lesson for this evening - so I'll probably be back later with tales of my own broken bones anyway.

Post #: 108
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 5/1/2006 4:43:20 PM   
Jackie

...okay, now I'm freaked out. Thanks Izz 

So... trip to the hospital, I think.

Jackie.

1. Epic Movie ***
2. Date Movie **
3. Music & Lyrics ***
4. Strings ****

Post #: 109
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 5/1/2006 4:44:56 PM   
Izzardesque2

I wouldn't worry too much Jackie - I was playing silly contact sports at the time, so I imagine you're probably safe enough!

So seldom are clean

Post #: 110
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 5/1/2006 5:01:39 PM   
Jackie

Heh, okay. I just spoke to my mom and she said we'll see how it is tomorrow, because she doesn't think anything's wrong with it.

I did fall with my whole weight on it, though. Hm.

Jackie.

1. Epic Movie ***
2. Date Movie **
3. Music & Lyrics ***
4. Strings ****

Post #: 111
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 5/1/2006 5:04:07 PM   
Izzardesque2

Get it strapped up nice and tight (not TOO tight that you lose circulation tho, as I did during a rugby match once!) so you don't make it any worse.

So seldom are clean

(in reply to Jackie)
Post #: 112
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 5/1/2006 7:06:40 PM   
Jackie

Okies. Thanks for the advice 

Jackie.

1. Epic Movie ***
2. Date Movie **
3. Music & Lyrics ***
4. Strings ****

Post #: 113
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 5/1/2006 11:43:28 PM   
JV

Evening all,

Jackie hope your wrist's fine. Sounds like you should get it looked at though. If your hand falls off, then that's a big sign that something is wrong.

but love is the sky and i am for you
just so long and long enough

(in reply to Jackie)
Post #: 114
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 5/1/2006 11:46:01 PM   
Jackie

Y'know, that's funny, cuz that's exactly what Rocky said to me earlier 

It's still hanging on, I think.

*Thump*

Er...

Jackie.

1. Epic Movie ***
2. Date Movie **
3. Music & Lyrics ***
4. Strings ****

(in reply to JV)
Post #: 115
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 5/1/2006 11:49:58 PM   
JV

You can type with one hand, right? Men manage it all the time!

My cold is practically gone now, I'm just very phlegmy, heh heh. Seems like it was one huge anti-climax though: four days of a severe sore throat + feeling off colour only for it to blossom into a cold that lasted less than 48hrs. I'm not complaining though!

but love is the sky and i am for you
just so long and long enough

(in reply to Jackie)
Post #: 116
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 6/1/2006 12:15:25 AM   
Jackie

Ewwwwwwwwww!

Althought that reminds me, Rocky and I were watching TV and we flicked over the channel onto some random channel where this guy was trying to get people to phone in. There are no commercials so he has to fill time and his monologue went a little like this:
"C'mon, phone in! Phone in! Then one hand can be free to do other things!... Hahaha! Er, not that I'm suggesting anything... I mean... hahaha! Yes, yes... I love doing live shows, because you can hear all the funny things that are said in an earpiece like this - yes, this is the earpiece most people wear, something a bit like this, yes - well the producer just said, and I quote, 'you only need one hand to dial' - hahahaha! Yes, I... hahaha, yes, very funny!"

Er... right.

Jackie.

1. Epic Movie ***
2. Date Movie **
3. Music & Lyrics ***
4. Strings ****

(in reply to JV)
Post #: 117
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 6/1/2006 1:43:32 AM   
crayon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bubba

Should I hold my breath?

I wouldn't, you might do yourself some damage!  There shall be no kitty AVs in 2006 unless it's a birthday thing for someone.

Jax, I hope you feel better soon sweetheart!  Get thee to a hospital!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.

I shall call him squishy, and he shall be mine, and he shall be my squishy!

(in reply to Bubba)
Post #: 118
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 6/1/2006 9:48:15 AM   
Dragonfall 5

Hello everyone, I'm back.

++++++ OUT OF CHEESE ERROR ++++++

Please reinstall the universe and reboot

(in reply to crayon)
Post #: 119
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 6/1/2006 10:32:07 AM   
36degrees

Hello girls (and Izz)!
How's everyone?

(in reply to Dragonfall 5)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI