Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 2/1/2006 11:31:43 PM   
JV

Unfortunately - or fortunately, as the case probably is  - the 500ml Ben & Jerry's and Haagen Dazs tubs don't fit in my freezer.

but love is the sky and i am for you
just so long and long enough

(in reply to lulu karma)
Post #: 31
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 3/1/2006 12:09:23 AM   
lulu karma

I had one of these in my fridge:

Note the verb tense in that sentence.

I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi and we're in that fucked-up bar.

This is the captain speaking. It appears we are going down. Now may be the time to reflect upon your life and pray to whatever deity you believe in. We know you have your choice of airlines and apparently you made the wrong one.

The eyes are the nipples of the face.

(in reply to JV)
Post #: 32
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 3/1/2006 12:33:23 AM   
crayon

want one!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.

I shall call him squishy, and he shall be mine, and he shall be my squishy!

(in reply to lulu karma)
Post #: 33
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 3/1/2006 1:42:36 AM   
OddCinema

Mmm... ice cream.

I've invaded to say there's a new Empire Cup this year (link in my sig - I couldn't find Dr. Gonzo... he's MIA...), entries in by 22nd January.

That's all, ladies.

(in reply to crayon)
Post #: 34
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 3/1/2006 8:20:41 AM   
Bubba

In thirty minutes I have my first driving lesson in peak traffic and I'm planking it!  Plus the weather is really shity, it's that fine misty rain. And I'm being dropped off at work - first day back - arghhhhhhh!

Boy, the next word that comes out of your mouth better be some brilliant fuckin' Mark Twain shit. 'Cause it's definitely getting chiselled on your tombstone.

I donít condone conflict of any kind, be it star-based or otherwise.

(in reply to OddCinema)
Post #: 35
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 3/1/2006 9:40:06 AM   
Krazy_Beyootiful

Good luck Bubs! I'm sure you'll be fine, just remember, the instructor has duel controls. That's what kept me going when I learnt, it's also what kept the population of my home town safe.

I had a third of a tub of Ben and Jerry's Half Baked last night. I would have probably eatern it all but my friends wanted some aswell. 

How can we be happy in a world where predictive text can spell Indictment but not Flapjacks?

(in reply to Bubba)
Post #: 36
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 3/1/2006 10:43:28 AM   
Bubba

I survived! So did everyone else! Could hardly see a thing mind. 

Boy, the next word that comes out of your mouth better be some brilliant fuckin' Mark Twain shit. 'Cause it's definitely getting chiselled on your tombstone.

(in reply to Krazy_Beyootiful)
Post #: 37
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 3/1/2006 11:42:42 AM   
Krazy_Beyootiful

Way-hey! Go you.

Do you know the feeling where no matter how many times you try to understand something you simply can't get your head around it? That's the problem I have today - I swear I must have studied this subject at least 5 times in detail in the course of my A levels and first term at Uni and I still can't get it to make sense in my head. I can write an essay on it based on my notes but when I try to do it from memory I get awfully confused and stop making sense. Grr, it frustrates me so much when I can't understand something.

How can we be happy in a world where predictive text can spell Indictment but not Flapjacks?

(in reply to Bubba)
Post #: 38
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 3/1/2006 11:45:07 AM   
Donald McKinney

When I get stuck with something like that, I try and break every sentence down individually, and see if I can understand it that way. Sometimes it works, have you ever tried that Krazy??

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips,
Give 'em a push!!
You'll be surprised you're doing the French Mistake!!

VOILA!!

Post #: 39
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 3/1/2006 11:50:59 AM   
Krazy_Beyootiful

I did have to do that a while back to be able to understand it in the first place Donald, and you're right, it does help. Now when I read it through it makes sense to me, but as soon as I have to try and explain it in my own words I lose the plot a bit. I'm not sure how to get my understanding better apart from just explaining it to as many people as it takes for me to get it right. Unfortunately my list of people willing to listen to me talk about such a boring (to most people) topic is running low. My poor best friend has heard it about four times, bless her.

(in reply to Donald McKinney)
Post #: 40
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 3/1/2006 12:38:52 PM   
Bubba

That's what best friends are for KB! You could always try explaining it to us.

Post #: 41
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 3/1/2006 2:54:19 PM   
Krazy_Beyootiful

Aww, thanks Bubs. I won't bore everyone by doing that though, I'm sure my Mum would like to hear about it.

I think I'm going to go and see King Kong tonight.

(in reply to Bubba)
Post #: 42
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 3/1/2006 3:38:45 PM   
crayon

I just got back from seeing Just Like Heaven and it was awfully sweet.  They had a trailer for Brokeback Mountain as well, which I am beyond excited about seeing.  I might try to talk my friend into seeing it with me on Friday.

My throat is so sore from all the coughing I also have a sugar high from sucking on Halls all through the film (I was being considerate to other film-goers ) which hasn't helped with the ill feeling.  mutter mutter grumble grumble

You can tell us all about the biology thing, KB.  I'm interested!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.

Post #: 43
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 3/1/2006 7:08:13 PM   
Satine

Aww, KB, hope you work it out soon, hate it when you (not you personally, as in...one) can't understand something - so infuriating!

Do you like Tunes crayon?

People like you just walk between the raindrops I guess.

The best thread EVER!

(in reply to crayon)
Post #: 44
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 3/1/2006 7:34:57 PM   
Jackie

Hey girlies, happy new year! I haven't really posted past few days, just been giggling over what Rocky was writing as I read from behind his shoulder, lol. We had a fantastic few days together, and I'm just so glad we were able to spend New Year's with each other!

How is everybody? I went to deepest darkest Harrow today after taking Rocky to the train station (good Lord, how many bloody people were trying to get on that train?!) to see my friend, and we had a chat and some food, did some browsing in shops, and then I went home.

My embarrassing thing today: coming out of the train station I was walking down the stairs, but because it'd been raining the bottom of my shoes were slippery (plus no grip on either shoes or stairs) so I slipped and fell down the first flight. I then picked myself up, people staring at me all round, took two steps forward and promptly slipped and fell down the next flight of stairs, swearing very loudly in the process, and everyone around me gasping. I got up and had a random conversation with a woman who was walking next to me both times I fell down, about slippery stairs and trainers with no grip

Then I stepped in a puddle and got water in my shoe, and the orange juice that was in my bag opened when I'd fallen down and doused my bag (and the contents of my bag) in sticky orange juice.

Doh.

Jackie.

http://dwightsheep.pocketses.net

1. Epic Movie ***
2. Date Movie **
3. Music & Lyrics ***
4. Strings ****
5. Grave of the Fireflies *****

(in reply to Satine)
Post #: 45
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 3/1/2006 8:33:35 PM   
JV

Oh dear, Jackie, sounds like you had quite a time.

Well, I slept badly last night so overslept & missed my shower time so went to work a minger. Then ran out of tissues at work - my sore throat has become a cold, although quite a mild one - so had to use paper towels which made my nose sore. In addition to that I've come on my period today and have dire period pains plus the munchies. In short, I feel like crap.

But, I've had a lovely time at the cinema. I planned it very last minute (this afternoon at work) and it was a showing of Everything Is Illuminated which started 1h10m after my shift ended, so I had to make sure I skedaddled pretty quickly from work since I had no change to get the bus and it takes me about 50 mins to walk home from work. Then I remembered I'd left my purse at home, which meant extra time to go and get it (only another 20 mins or so). So it was imperative to get out of work on time. I even sent bellucci's bra a text to see if he fancied coming along too. So you can guess what happened. My last call of the day was some bloke who had 1001 queries and was disputing this and that and for whom the last person to deal with the booking hadn't updated it properly so I had no idea what he was on about.... I was 15 minutes late leaving in the end.

However, despite feeling like crap, I was determined to go and see the film, even if it meant arriving late. For a start, it's only showing this week and I can't make Wednesday & Thursday as I'm working late shifts, plus I'd have only been at home feeling... well, crap. So I walked home at a reasonable pace and took a short cut... Not really a short cut; it's a shorter route that I used to take until I found another route that is about 10 minutes longer but which I prefer. And in the end I was only 2 minutes late for the showing. Not bad going. I also got my Usual: that is, a bottle of Armenian Diet Coke and a Mint Cornetto.  Which were knocked back with a couple of paracetamol.

Film was great, I loved it. And I got to practice my reading of Cyrillic in lots of places.

And I'm going to watch Sweeney Todd on't Beeb later on. Tomorrow I'm working a late shift so I don't have to be up at 6:30am like I was this morning.

All in all, it's good. I just wish I hadn't thrown my Vaseline out as my nose is really sore.

(in reply to Jackie)
Post #: 46
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 3/1/2006 8:37:46 PM   
RockyWilcox

quote:

and have dire period pains

I really was eating a Turkish Delight when I read that.

Hope you feel better soon.

GRAW Friction Vol.1
GRAW Friction Vol.2

(in reply to JV)
Post #: 47
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 3/1/2006 8:54:16 PM   
Jackie

I remember when I went to see The Chronicles Of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe and I had awful period pains. When I got there I felt absolutely crap, but as soon as I got into the film I forgot all about them and I was fine. Weird that, eh? Still, feel better soon JV - just keep popping the paracetamol!

So sleepy... going to bed, I think. Night girlies!

Jackie.

1. Epic Movie ***
2. Date Movie **
3. Music & Lyrics ***
4. Strings ****

(in reply to RockyWilcox)
Post #: 48
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 3/1/2006 9:10:00 PM   
crayon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Satine

Do you like Tunes crayon?

I do, but I like these more because they are stronger:

Night night Jackie!  Sleep well!

(in reply to Satine)
Post #: 49
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 3/1/2006 10:56:45 PM   
JV

Halls! Man, that reminds me of being a kid. We used to nick my dad's Halls Mentholyptus and then he'd get mad when he had nothing to decongest the ol' nasal passage.

(in reply to crayon)
Post #: 50
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 3/1/2006 11:19:40 PM   
crayon

Naughty JV!  I stock up whenever I have a cold, they're great for cutting down on all the symptoms.  Nasty side effect is the sugar high though  and I know you can get sugar-free ones, but they're just not as good!

Did you watch the Sweeny Todd thing?  I couldn't understand what his problem was, he seemed ill in an odd way.  Possibly I should have been paying a bit more attention at the beginning...

We've got someone coming to fix something tomorrow morning and I have to get up earlier than I want to.  I wasn't listening when they told me why they were coming, but I'm a trusting soul so I guess it was kosher.

(in reply to JV)
Post #: 51
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 3/1/2006 11:35:59 PM   
JV

Yeah, I watched Sweeney Todd; I really liked it. Post in my thread in Small Screen, would ya?  As for his problem, I could see he had issues with the first one, and after that it became like a knee-jerk reaction. I can understand that, but don't worry I am not about to come after you all with a cutthroat razor.

(in reply to crayon)
Post #: 52
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 4/1/2006 8:22:27 AM   
Bubba

Morning, I'm not a happy bunny today. I have to spend the next four hours in a stupid course on dealing with agressive people,  I'm praying I won't have to to any role playing! 

(in reply to JV)
Post #: 53
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 4/1/2006 8:30:25 AM   
Funkyrae

You may get to play the agressive person?  You lucky thing you.  No actually I do feel sorry for you, if there is anything more likely to make you agressive it's those damn workshops.

See Van Halen are getting back together with the Almight Roth?!!!! He may be 51 but he still rocks!

That's me that is!

(in reply to Bubba)
Post #: 54
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 4/1/2006 8:41:59 AM   
Bubba

I don't really do agressive, I'm a complete push over. I hate this sort of thing.

Roth back in Halen! Has it been confirmed? I read something the other day that he had said a reunion was inevitable. I want tickets now!

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 55
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 4/1/2006 8:57:51 AM   
crayon

quote:

ORIGINAL: JV

Yeah, I watched Sweeney Todd; I really liked it. Post in my thread in Small Screen, would ya?  As for his problem, I could see he had issues with the first one, and after that it became like a knee-jerk reaction. I can understand that, but don't worry I am not about to come after you all with a cutthroat razor.

No, I meant the fact that he kept trembling and couldn't get it on with that girl, he seemed actually ill in some way - but I'll post in your small screen thread

There are people in my house... I live in a council house and a company rang up yesterday to say that there was a cancellation and they could come today, so I blithely agreed even though it meant being awake about 5 hours earlier than I wanted to be.  It turns out that they're replacing all the plug sockets and light switches in the house, which I wish I had known about before, well, just now!  So there's banging and drilling and occasional breaking noises and I'm going to hide in here until it all stops...

(in reply to JV)
Post #: 56
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 4/1/2006 10:09:08 AM   
Satine

Scarey!!

Annoyed, was making a wee movie for our church, then had to transfer it to the other mac laptop thing, so there's not enough space on either computer (3GB cummon) so I have to tidy them up so there's enough space, takes a fair while, then make iDVDs of them...so the day before yesterday one project works, fine, excellent....yesterday the computer decided that for the other project (and then the project I'd already done just as an experiment) it wouldn't render the sound properly...grrness. This needs to go to The Gambia on a flight with my dad tomorrow. I HATE computers, been wasting time for days on it now. Let's see if it'll work today, if not I'll come and do your workshop Bubba! (Though I'd probably just allow myself to be moaned at)

People like you just walk between the raindrops I guess.

The best thread EVER!

(in reply to crayon)
Post #: 57
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 4/1/2006 10:14:11 AM   
Jackie

Aw honey! That's what my life has been like for the past few months, lol. People downstairs banging, drilling and electric sawing away, and people outside banging, drilling, cutting, laying, and landscaping. Both directly below my room. I haven't been able to sleep properly for ages, lol.

But don't worry, at least it'll all be over soon!

I just had a tremendous fall - I tripped over a chair in the study and literally fell straight down, no crumpling of knees, nothing, just bam, down on the ground. I put my hand out to break my fall, and have actually really hurt my left wrist now. I'm surprised I didn't break it, I fell that hard. It's pretty sore though, and I've got a driving lesson at 14.30, so let's hope I can drive straight.

I had a nightmare about driving, last night, actually. Because I haven't been behind the wheel for just over two weeks, I was panicking that I couldn't do anything, and every time I tried to get the car started it went zooming off and I nearly crashed it. My instructor was going mad at me. The weather's awful today, so I just hope I can drive okay!

I had such a nice sleep, went to bed quite early and woke up around 09.00. It's a better time to get up than my usual 13.00-14.00, lol.

Jackie.

1. Epic Movie ***
2. Date Movie **
3. Music & Lyrics ***
4. Strings ****

(in reply to crayon)
Post #: 58
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 4/1/2006 2:16:37 PM   
Donald McKinney

I need some girly advice, I bought a copy of a book called Coraline by Neil Gaiman from Play.com the other day. It came yesterday, and 4 copies instead of 1 came. I told them about it on the phone, and they said I was only billed for 1, and they made a mistake. But, they never told me they wanted them back.

What should I do?? Be honest, and post them back. Or give them away. Has anyone faced this dilemma before?? I feel stuck, they're now in the parcel in the cupboard.

Oh, and JV, I was in Newcastle on the 27th, there was hail and snow, and it was heavy. Walking by the Monument in it was treacherous. I was on tip-toes the entire time, hoping not to slip.

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips,
Give 'em a push!!
You'll be surprised you're doing the French Mistake!!

VOILA!!

(in reply to Jackie)
Post #: 59
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 4/1/2006 3:26:34 PM   
Starscream

quote:

ORIGINAL: Donald McKinney

I need some girly advice, I bought a copy of a book called Coraline by Neil Gaiman from Play.com the other day. It came yesterday, and 4 copies instead of 1 came. I told them about it on the phone, and they said I was only billed for 1, and they made a mistake. But, they never told me they wanted them back.

What should I do?? Be honest, and post them back. Or give them away. Has anyone faced this dilemma before?? I feel stuck, they're now in the parcel in the cupboard.

Oh, and JV, I was in Newcastle on the 27th, there was hail and snow, and it was heavy. Walking by the Monument in it was treacherous. I was on tip-toes the entire time, hoping not to slip.

Should off kept quiet and Sold them on ebay. you could still do that though

I once had 2 Deer hunter dvds from them and didn't say a thing and sold the one copy to my friend for a couple of quid

The allspark will be mine!

(in reply to Donald McKinney)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI