Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out Page: <<   < prev  192 193 194 [195] 196   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 8/10/2009 3:19:21 PM   
Harley Quinn

Ahhh Babes!

I love stories like that, best mates who fall in love.

No keep gushing it's great. The only thing you'll get from me is abit of envy!

We want some pics after the big day!

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

Owner of the Naughty Milkmaid.

(in reply to Fidget)
Post #: 5821
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 8/10/2009 3:22:57 PM   
Fidget

Ah, I'm sure there will be pictures. I'm not spending all this money for nothing. I want the day to be admired, dammit! Lol. It costs a hell of a lot, I totally didn't realise.

Earning my stars. Again.

(in reply to Harley Quinn)
Post #: 5822
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 8/10/2009 3:24:51 PM   
Harley Quinn

*Backs away slowly from the bridezilla*

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

(in reply to Fidget)
Post #: 5823
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 6/12/2009 3:23:54 PM   
Valanya

Wedding, excitement! I'm very happy for you, I guess you must be very busy at the moment! Christmas and wedding to plan for? You must have nerves of steel

Oh and the way I get rid of all the blank pages is to start on page one, then click the little '>>' link by the page navigation numbers to take you to the last page. It takes you to the last one with actual posts on.

What came first, the music or the misery?

Post #: 5824
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 6/12/2009 3:28:42 PM   
Deviation

*watches behind sofa*

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to Valanya)
Post #: 5825
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 6/12/2009 3:42:04 PM   
Valanya

Also I just realised that I joined these forums when I was 13 or 14 (back in good ol' days of orange) and I turned 20 last month. Is this what feeling old is like?

What came first, the music or the misery?

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 5826
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 23/1/2010 8:44:53 PM   
Lazy wolf eyes

Because of those damn Schuh adverts at the top of the forum I've been drooling over Irregular choice shoes. I've narrowed it down to these 

I will probably never ever wear them, but they are so pretty! *licks screen*

If God had wanted us to walk everywhere he wouldn't have given us Little Chefs.

(in reply to Valanya)
Post #: 5827
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 14/3/2010 12:07:47 AM   
lulu karma

Hello thread! How long this has survived.

I have been busy lately. In fact, I have been picking out an engagement ring with my fiance. We went with his birthstone, pearl, and diamonds. It's odd I never thought about a ring and now that we looked at them and found this one that had meaning, I am excited stupid.

I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi and we're in that fucked-up bar.

This is the captain speaking. It appears we are going down. Now may be the time to reflect upon your life and pray to whatever deity you believe in. We know you have your choice of airlines and apparently you made the wrong one.

The eyes are the nipples of the face.

(in reply to Lazy wolf eyes)
Post #: 5828
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 15/3/2010 1:31:51 PM   
Harley Quinn

Ah Lulu many many congratulations honey!
X

(in reply to lulu karma)
Post #: 5829
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 15/3/2010 2:35:35 PM   
Funkyrae

Yay Lulu!! That's awesome sweetie!

Made from Nutella and looks like a Dalek! Perfect.

That's me that is!

Post #: 5830
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 15/3/2010 3:27:33 PM   
Lazy wolf eyes

Fab news Lulu! Congrats hun. 

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 5831
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 6/4/2010 12:35:19 AM   
lulu karma

Yum to that cake.

The ring has been given. I love it. We told his children this weekend and they were thrilled. They have been planning our wedding since about the second time I met them. That makes me feel good.

What is even more awesome is that I will get to have some part in moulding their young minds.

I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi and we're in that fucked-up bar.

This is the captain speaking. It appears we are going down. Now may be the time to reflect upon your life and pray to whatever deity you believe in. We know you have your choice of airlines and apparently you made the wrong one.

Post #: 5832
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 2/6/2010 1:51:23 PM   
steffols

Hello.

So, my lovely boyfriend and his lovely friends have invited me to their wedding in July. I have never been to a wedding as a grown-up. Please help! I have no idea what to wear! I don't know what's appropriate and what's not and also, I have never worn a dress. I am not a dress person, never will be but on this occasion I'm willing to make an exception. To say the least I am terrified. I have, quite simply, an odd body shape that doesn't always suit clothes meant for my shape. Shape wise, I would say I am an 18, but because of weird bulges and what not, that dressed carefully enough can be hidden, this has me jump up a few dress sizes.

I was thinking a maxi dress, as the cut of them looks like they fit my shape ok, but are they acceptable at a wedding? I don't want anything to short. I don't mind my legs, but I would rather they weren't on show. I like this one

http://www.dorothyperkins.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=60&viewAllFlag=false&catalogId=20552&storeId=12552&categoryId=200501&parent_category_rn=49448&productId=1770640&langId=-1

but would prefer to find it in the shop as I can't do internet clothes shopping because of my silly shaped body.

Help!

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to lulu karma)
Post #: 5833
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 2/6/2010 2:00:59 PM   
Lazy wolf eyes

Ooh that's lovely! I think that's perfect for a wedding.  It's elegant and looks nice and light so if the weather's nice you won't be roasting! It's one of those dresses that look fine in the day and at night so I think it's a great choice. 

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 5834
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 2/6/2010 2:03:26 PM   
elab49

It's perfect for a wedding. But don't feel you actually need to wear a dress if you don't want to - 21st century, we can wear trouser suits if we feel like.

But summer weddings? A light maxi dress is probably spot on in terms of a long day and wanting to be comfortable. A light jacket as well just in case.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

Post #: 5835
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 2/6/2010 9:55:18 PM   
Acho

I agree with the other girls - that's a lovely dress, and quite suitable for a wedding. There's a nice print on it, to it's not too plain, and the slight elastication (is that a word?!) under the bust makes for a better, and more comfortable, fit. With a wedding, it can be your accessories which really make or break it. Either go for a light jacket like elab suggested, or a nice girly cardigan or a shawl. You can either go all out with a really vibrant colour, or keep it simpler and go with a white (if it's just what's over your dress and not the dress itself, it's not like the white is competing with the bride!). Then nice shiny hair and a big smile! 

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 5836
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 2/6/2010 10:07:40 PM   
Funkyrae

That's a gorgeous dress Steffi and like the others have said, absolutely perfect. Although if you would feel more comfortable in some smart linen trousers then don't feel as though you MUST wear a dress.

That's me that is!

(in reply to Acho)
Post #: 5837
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 13/6/2010 5:41:42 AM   
lulu karma

Oooo, I like that dress. I went to a wedding rehearsal this evening and wore this one...

Dressy dress... clicky.

I swapped out the belt. I didn't like how the buckle would dig into my ribs when I sat down. I had a velvet belt that I used instead.

Dress shopping is a pain. I have loads of skirts and several more casual dresses but few formal. Thankfully I had one to wear to the wedding tomorrow.

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 5838
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 14/6/2010 12:08:38 PM   
Rebenectomy

Great dress choice, best thing about Maxi dresses is that you can stuff yourself on the day and they tend to hide the gut. Plus your choice of a dark color means you can spill stuff on it earlier in the day and get away with it for the rest of the night.

Also, belated congrats Lulu on your engagement. x x x

Body Hair Beautiful: An Armpits for August Special
http://www.lipstogetherandblow.com/2013/07/body-beautiful.html

(in reply to lulu karma)
Post #: 5839
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 14/6/2010 11:20:18 PM   
lulu karma

Thank you. We are enjoying being engaged.

This is what my ring looks like, except I have a white pearl. I couldn't find the exact one online.

I wore a dress yesterday that let me eat until I was about to explode. I felt no shame... until my hose started to feel their full stretchability. Then I knew I had gone too far.

What a very attractive picture I just painted.

(in reply to Rebenectomy)
Post #: 5840
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 15/6/2010 12:49:44 AM   
Funkyrae

That's an absolutely stunning ring Lu! Really unusual.

I have an awards ceremony to go to in July. Bit of a fancy do. Rather meanly they won't let me wear my jeans so I have this dress to wear instead.

http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/6968/greydress.pdf

< Message edited by Funkyrae -- 15/6/2010 12:50:10 AM >

That's me that is!

(in reply to lulu karma)
Post #: 5841
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 15/6/2010 12:55:24 AM   
lulu karma

Oooo, I love that color and the fabric. I have a purse that will match that. I will loan you the purse if I can borrow the dress later. Actually, I have shoes to match it too. They make you cry though.

The pearl is my fiance's birthstone. I really didn't want a diamond ring. I mean, what is that to me? So, we tried to do garnet (my birthstone) with his, but it looked odd. So when we found this ring, it was perfect. We had a South Sea pearl put in the setting.

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 5842
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 15/6/2010 1:03:44 AM   
Funkyrae

It's absolutely beautiful.

As for shoes, the ones I have at the moment are making me cry. And bleed. I think I may have to grate some of my feet off.

That's me that is!

(in reply to lulu karma)
Post #: 5843
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 2/7/2010 9:57:40 AM   
Harley Quinn

Funky that dress is stunning!!!!

Can we have a picture of you in it please?

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 5844
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 2/7/2010 10:25:12 PM   
Funkyrae

Sure thing, I'll have some taken on the night. Me and my feller in all our finery, lookin' all dapper an'all.

That's me that is!

Post #: 5845
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 8/7/2010 11:55:29 PM   
lulu karma

Have you had your event yet, Funky?

It's like 100F here this week. I am seriously about to fade away. It doesn't let up and at night it's just so humid even the air conditioning doesn't seem to wipe it out.

My townhouse has two huge AC units and one small one. Those are all set to 70 and I still have to crank them lower to take the humidity out sometimes.

Blah.

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 5846
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 9/7/2010 7:44:31 AM   
Funkyrae

Nope, not yet. It's on 15th July.

Disgustingly humid here too Lu. Last night it felt like I was sleeping in a rainforest. Or trying to sleep in one anyway.

That's me that is!

(in reply to lulu karma)
Post #: 5847
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 10/7/2010 12:52:35 AM   
lulu karma

Not too far off then!

It rained some today but it's still awful humid. At least the heat is down a bit. I am used to the heat, but when it hits 100F and has 100% humidity, I am not a happy bunny.

I managed to get food poisoning today. It was pasta salad off the salad bar at a local poshy place. I feel queasy still. The horror.

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 5848
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 6/8/2010 2:47:53 PM   
Lazy wolf eyes

My hair has started growing back after chemo. It's still too short for my liking (think skinhead) but I'm off to V festival in a couple of weeks. I was planning on wearing a headscarf/hat combo but it might be nice to go without if I can brave it. But what I want to do is dye my hair to make me look less like a 12 year old boy. I was toying with shocking pink, but not sure if I'm brave enough for that. Did a quick look on the Boots website and there's a nice plum colour but I'm still not sure.  At the moment it's a mousey blondey/browny colour so something that makes it look a bit more interesting would be great.  Any ideas? 

(in reply to lulu karma)
Post #: 5849
RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out - 6/8/2010 3:39:19 PM   
Rebenectomy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lazy wolf eyes

My hair has started growing back after chemo. It's still too short for my liking (think skinhead) but I'm off to V festival in a couple of weeks. I was planning on wearing a headscarf/hat combo but it might be nice to go without if I can brave it. But what I want to do is dye my hair to make me look less like a 12 year old boy. I was toying with shocking pink, but not sure if I'm brave enough for that. Did a quick look on the Boots website and there's a nice plum colour but I'm still not sure.  At the moment it's a mousey blondey/browny colour so something that makes it look a bit more interesting would be great.  Any ideas? 

If you want something quite dramatic, you could try Manic Panic. It's not permanent, so you're not stuck with it if it's a total balls up, and their range is extensive. You could even stencil it if you're feeling creative - it's something you'll only really be able to do when your hair's really short.

Body Hair Beautiful: An Armpits for August Special
http://www.lipstogetherandblow.com/2013/07/body-beautiful.html

Post #: 5850
Page:   <<   < prev  192 193 194 [195] 196   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: The Girl Stuff Thread: Germy Boys Keep Out Page: <<   < prev  192 193 194 [195] 196   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI