Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: THE BARROWMAN IS BACK IN WORK!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: THE BARROWMAN IS BACK IN WORK! Page: <<   < prev  200 201 [202] 203 204   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE BARROWMAN IS BACK IN WORK! - 18/5/2012 12:36:29 PM   
Swoz_MK

Followed by this -

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 6031
RE: THE BARROWMAN IS BACK IN WORK! - 18/5/2012 11:47:02 PM   
captain jack harknes

Shark Swarm for me tonight :)

Ruthless Developer = Yep
Shark teeth falling out all over the place = Yep
Sharks attacking boats = Yep
Some form of toxin/sewage/nuclear waste in the water = Yep

Also it actually had a trailer for itself just before the film began??? I've already bought the DVD - I'm sold!!!

All kinds of fun :)

"The arctic has no respect for fashion, Vince"

"I ain't no one's trophy."

"You got it, Allison. You got it RAW!"

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 6032
RE: THE BARROWMAN IS BACK IN WORK! - 19/5/2012 12:43:39 PM   
rich

quote:

ORIGINAL: Swoz_MK

Watched this last night. Actually really good fun. It helped that I'm a Fred Olen Ray fan anyway. Worth a sniff.

This is the greatest image of all time

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 6033
RE: THE BARROWMAN IS BACK IN WORK! - 19/5/2012 1:05:05 PM   
Sleazy

bowed to pressure and ordered Shark Attack 1, 2,3.

Also ordered Frankenfish, I REALLY like that one.

Watched "2 headed shark attack", thought it was nice of the victims to fall into the water in pairs.

< Message edited by Sleazy -- 19/5/2012 1:06:11 PM >

Gamertag: Sleazycome

PSN ID: Sleazytoon

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 6034
RE: THE BARROWMAN IS BACK IN WORK! - 20/5/2012 12:01:07 AM   
captain jack harknes

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

quote:

ORIGINAL: Swoz_MK

Watched this last night. Actually really good fun. It helped that I'm a Fred Olen Ray fan anyway. Worth a sniff.

This is the greatest image of all time

I came on here to post about this :)

I caught a bit of it on TV earlier and am currently searching for it on an imported DVD at a reasonable price - the bit I saw was amazing! The shark walked up the beach - brilliant!! :)

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 6035
RE: Kinda Wired: The Shark Attack 3: Megalodon Fan-Club - 22/5/2012 3:21:02 PM   
nutteronabus

Ladies, Gentlemen and Jonson.

I return once again from the Cannes Film Festival, having popped by The Asylum's office and taken a look at their line-up.

I'll scan in the literature about their new creature flicks this evening, but I assure you - you WILL be impressed.

“You think you’re so cultured because you’ve gone to see Cats? You pampered upper-class drug-taking bitch!”

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 6036
RE: Kinda Wired: The Shark Attack 3: Megalodon Fan-Club - 22/5/2012 10:15:43 PM   
nutteronabus

Brace yourselves, Sharkies. This time next year, an epic trilogy will be complete:

And as if that wasn't enough, coming in December 2013...

I'm fucking sold.

“You think you’re so cultured because you’ve gone to see Cats? You pampered upper-class drug-taking bitch!”

(in reply to nutteronabus)
Post #: 6037
RE: Kinda Wired: The Shark Attack 3: Megalodon Fan-Club - 23/5/2012 7:57:18 AM   
jonson

awesome stuff nutteronabus. Sharknado!!!
I think that just proves that you can actually put Shark in front of any word to get a great film idea

Butch Cassidy and The Shark
The Blair Witch Shark
Independence Shark
Avashark

And nutteronabus - so cool you popped by to see The Asylum in Cannes, brilliant stuff thanks for sharing!

Swoz - Bait in 3D. Any good? I saw Tontoterera a long time ago, Supershark a couple of weeks ago (I hate to use the word "awful" in this thread, for fear of people thinking I mean "fucking amazing" ) and Shark Attack in the Mediterranean I hadn't heard of

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

Post #: 6038
RE: Kinda Wired: The Shark Attack 3: Megalodon Fan-Club - 23/5/2012 10:02:34 AM   
Sutty

Jurassic Shark (big prehistoric shark)
The Dark Shark (avenging, righteous shark)
The Sharks Assemble (sharks of various breeds and skill sets)
The Exorshark (shark possessed by the devil)
Night of the Living Shark (Zombie shark)
The Sharktrix (Shark discovers he has lived in The Matrix and discovers he has the ability to attack in super slow mo)
To Kill A Mocking Shark (First shark on trial movie)

And barely one of the above is any more insane than what is already out there!

LOVE shark movies. All of them. Still haven't got round to watching Shark In Venice yet (paid 50p for it). But any film where the lead actor gets his leg bitten off and then it is back in the next scene without neary a mention has got to be class!

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 6039
RE: Kinda Wired: The Shark Attack 3: Megalodon Fan-Club - 23/5/2012 11:19:47 AM   
Invader_Ace

I just want to have The Asylum's babies.

I need to pitch my ideas; Sky-Sharks and Dinosaur SWAT Team.

< Message edited by Invader_Ace -- 23/5/2012 11:20:04 AM >

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 6040
RE: Kinda Wired: The Shark Attack 3: Megalodon Fan-Club - 23/5/2012 12:02:19 PM   
Swoz_MK

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

Swoz - Bait in 3D. Any good? I saw Tontoterera a long time ago, Supershark a couple of weeks ago (I hate to use the word "awful" in this thread, for fear of people thinking I mean "fucking amazing" ) and Shark Attack in the Mediterranean I hadn't heard of

I don't think Bait is out for a while, but the redband trailer is pretty cool.

Might pay Barrowman a visit with a pen and certain DVD in a few weeks...
http://www.collectormania.com/miltonkeynes/index.php?option=com_flexicontent&view=items&cid=22&id=175&Itemid=10

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 6041
RE: Kinda Wired: The Shark Attack 3: Megalodon Fan-Club - 28/5/2012 8:05:42 AM   
Sleazy

Ok so I finally watched Shark Attack. Not enough sharks for me. Not the worst movie ever, some of the acting is hilarious, the splicing of docu footage into Ernie Hudsons death is so poor as to be fun.

Is Shark Attack 2 any "better"?

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 6042
RE: Kinda Wired: The Shark Attack 3: Megalodon Fan-Club - 28/5/2012 8:59:50 AM   
NCC1701A

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sleazy

Ok so I finally watched Shark Attack. Not enough sharks for me. Not the worst movie ever, some of the acting is hilarious, the splicing of docu footage into Ernie Hudsons death is so poor as to be fun.

Hi Sleazy

Shark Attack 2 and 3 are much better then the first Shark Attack. Shark Attack 1 was just boring.

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 6043
RE: Kinda Wired: The Shark Attack 3: Megalodon Fan-Club - 28/5/2012 12:27:38 PM   
great_badir

quote:

ORIGINAL: NCC1701A
quote:

Hi Sleazy

Shark Attack 2 and 3 are much better then the first Shark Attack. Shark Attack 1 was just boring.

Yeah - Shark Attack 1 is verging on competent film making (albeit with a made-for-TV vibe about it), 2 is better and has its moments, but 3...

Let's just say 3 is where the magic is.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 6044
RE: Kinda Wired: The Shark Attack 3: Megalodon Fan-Club - 28/5/2012 8:02:01 PM   
Sutty

Just watched the Bait 3D trailer. Looks good in a "Deep Blue Sea" kind of way. Loved the bit with shopping-basket-as-protective-shark-helmet! As if!!

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.

Post #: 6045
RE: Kinda Wired: The Shark Attack 3: Megalodon Fan-Club - 6/6/2012 11:05:01 PM   
DazDaMan

JAWS NEXT FRIDAY, MOTHERFUCKERS!!!

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 6046
RE: Kinda Wired: The Shark Attack 3: Megalodon Fan-Club - 8/6/2012 3:28:03 PM   
Woger

Craptastic!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5HU_0CX1go

Eddie: "Weve been burgaled"
Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 6047
RE: Kinda Wired: The Shark Attack 3: Megalodon Fan-Club - 10/6/2012 6:13:15 PM   
Sleazy

watched Sand Sharks last night, great fun ( Brooke Hogan as a Dr??) , the title of the movie gives away the end but decent laugh overall. Still no Frankenfish mind.

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 6048
RE: Kinda Wired: The Shark Attack 3: Megalodon Fan-Club - 13/7/2012 5:45:33 PM   
Swoz_MK

Boaz Davidson/Nu Image have done it again!!

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 6049
RE: Kinda Wired: The Shark Attack 3: Megalodon Fan-Club - 29/7/2012 4:33:22 PM   
Sutty

quote:

watched Sand Sharks last night, great fun ( Brooke Hogan as a Dr??) , the title of the movie gives away the end but decent laugh overall. Still no Frankenfish mind.

any nekkidness? ;)

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 6050
RE: Kinda Wired: The Shark Attack 3: Megalodon Fan-Club - 30/7/2012 8:38:25 AM   
Sleazy

not from Brooke sadly.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 6051
RE: Kinda Wired: The Shark Attack 3: Megalodon Fan-Club - 22/8/2012 9:39:35 PM   
captain jack harknes

Sharknado sounds right up my street!!! My fave film as a kid was Alligator - loved it when the alligator was wandering round the town and lying in wait in the swimming pool!

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 6052
RE: Kinda Wired: The Shark Attack 3: Megalodon Fan-Club - 25/8/2012 9:16:21 AM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: captain jack harknes

My fave film as a kid was Alligator - loved it when the alligator was wandering round the town and lying in wait in the swimming pool!

Oh yeah, I remember seeing this on holiday in Devon, and someone hired it out on video.
I don't think I was much older than 9, but had been told it was based on a true story (I'm not sure thinking about it now whether it says that at the start of the film) I didn't dare go in the campsite swimming pool for the rest of the holiday

(in reply to captain jack harknes)
Post #: 6053
RE: Kinda Wired: The Shark Attack 3: Megalodon Fan-Club - 28/8/2012 7:18:15 AM   
jonson

Shark Night (not in 3D)

Desperate, dreadful, bad, awful - struggling to think of any more words to describe it. The first attack is a complete "Chrissie" homage, whihc to be fair is a pretty good nod to Jaws. I would rather use the word hommage than rip-off as I can see why they were doing it. Also, the second victim looks like being a dog, in the same way that Pippit dies. Chasing a stick, the stick is seen bobbing around, but sadly the dog survives (not that I have anything against dogs, just I was hoping that the film was more of a direct hommage to Jaws so I could enjoy myself spotting things instead of waiting for the final credits to roll)
It get worse when the bad guys arrive and we find that this lake has been filled with hungry sharks just for the amusement of the local rednecks. Why they don't all stay out the water after this is anybodies guess, probably as we wouldn't have a film.
Either way, it's a mess, tring to be funny/gory in the way Lake Placid did so brilliantly, or off-the-wall a la Frankenfish, or even a teenage boys wet dream like the recent Piranha films, but it doesn't actually know either way what it wants to be, and ends up a complete mess.
I thkn I've probably spent more time reviewing this film thatn the writers spent actually writing the damn thing, but at least you've been warned.

1/5 (and the 1 is purely for a couple of unintentional funny moments and a couple of quite nice Jaws nods.

As this is the thread for bad/good shark films, this doesn't qualify for either. That great promo shot of the shark growling at the woman trapped underwater was brilliant. I would say it was the only still image you could take from the film to make it look half decent.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 6054
RE: Kinda Wired: The Shark Attack 3: Megalodon Fan-Club - 29/8/2012 8:34:49 PM   
Sutty

I watched the first half hour of this the other night but gave up. Just so dull. Not even bad in a good way. Just... bad.
Was really hoping that I was gonna be entertained but alas. Thinking of trying Swamp Sharks later with Robert Davi. Any good?

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 6055
RE: Kinda Wired: The Shark Attack 3: Megalodon Fan-Club - 31/8/2012 10:42:51 PM   
captain jack harknes

On Epic Fail - or some such site - the other day there was a photoshopped picture of a seagull with a sharks head!  I couldn't help but think what an awesome film that would make!!

Post #: 6056
RE: Kinda Wired: The Shark Attack 3: Megalodon Fan-Club - 3/9/2012 12:25:37 PM   
SwozTheRevenge

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sutty

Thinking of trying Swamp Sharks later with Robert Davi. Any good?

Not "good" but it's up-there in the post-SA3 crapfests.

@ChairmanBLAOW

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 6057
RE: Kinda Wired: The Shark Attack 3: Megalodon Fan-Club - 7/9/2012 2:20:53 PM   
nutteronabus

It might be a bit too 'land-based' for some members of the SA3 fanclub, but I've just picked this up from a Major High Street Retailer™ (a.k.a. Poundland).

< Message edited by nutteronabus -- 7/9/2012 2:21:48 PM >

Post #: 6058
RE: Kinda Wired: The Shark Attack 3: Megalodon Fan-Club - 7/9/2012 3:33:05 PM   
SwozTheRevenge

Makes me want to stick Razorback on again.

@ChairmanBLAOW

Post #: 6059
RE: Kinda Wired: The Shark Attack 3: Megalodon Fan-Club - 7/9/2012 7:55:24 PM   
Sleazy

Problem with pighunt is the pigs are hardly in it. Its all about the hillbilly baddies. Sadly.

(in reply to SwozTheRevenge)
Post #: 6060
Page:   <<   < prev  200 201 [202] 203 204   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: THE BARROWMAN IS BACK IN WORK! Page: <<   < prev  200 201 [202] 203 204   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI