Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Battlestar Galatica Season 3 - SKY ONE SPEED

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Battlestar Galatica Season 3 - SKY ONE SPEED Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Battlestar Galatica Season 3 - SKY ONE SPEED - 9/1/2007 1:22:42 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

Has anyone else stayed away from the downloads in order to watch this in full High Def beauty?

Anyway here's the place if anyone has stayed away from the nasty downloaded versions!!!!  Obviously no spoiler please guys from the other thread although comments and discussion are warmly welcomed.

NB Sorry if there is already another thread for this.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

Post #: 1
RE: Battlestar Galatica Season 3 - SKY ONE SPEED - 9/1/2007 2:12:59 PM   
elab49

Wow - someone who's actually spent money on HD?!?!

I'm sure no-one would think of spoiling. While I am US speed my husband isn't and currently spends his time diving under the sofa cushion every time the trailer comes on!

Enjoy

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 2
RE: Battlestar Galatica Season 3 - SKY ONE SPEED - 9/1/2007 2:13:29 PM   
Wedge

Well, there is a thread on the next page re.Battlestar Galactica.  Still, nothing specifically about Season 3.  I don't mind multiple threads.  It's a brilliant show, isn't it?  Just working my way through Season 2.  I'm beginning to think of it as one of the best Sci-fi shows ever.

"When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!"
"Dance for me Colin! Daaance for me!!"
"Everybody's dead Dave"

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs314.snc4/41022_10150255199830294_790880293_14349909_1904630_n.jpg

Post #: 3
RE: Battlestar Galatica Season 3 - SKY ONE SPEED - 9/1/2007 2:23:14 PM   
elab49

The other one is US speed so new watchers couldn't post there without having the show ruined

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to Wedge)
Post #: 4
RE: Battlestar Galatica Season 3 - SKY ONE SPEED - 9/1/2007 3:51:33 PM   
jediwarrior

Looking forward to the new series. I am going to have to watch it Thrusday as it clashes with the football tonight

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 5
RE: Battlestar Galatica Season 3 - SKY ONE SPEED - 9/1/2007 6:18:12 PM   
Tech_Noir

Can't wait, only a few hours away.

Gonna have to make sure the large front room telly is free.

(in reply to jediwarrior)
Post #: 6
RE: Battlestar Galatica Season 3 - SKY ONE SPEED - 9/1/2007 6:52:58 PM   
hongkongphooey

I might rewatch tonight just to see the first 2 episodes together. There's no editing done by Sky is there? I sat down to watch the miniseries last week and gave up when I realised it had been edited half to death!

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 7
RE: Battlestar Galatica Season 3 - SKY ONE SPEED - 9/1/2007 8:09:31 PM   
jediwarrior

I don't believe it is cut by Sky

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to hongkongphooey)
Post #: 8
RE: Battlestar Galatica Season 3 - SKY ONE SPEED - 9/1/2007 11:00:04 PM   
Pinkvelvet

Oh my frackin' god, that was superb!

(in reply to jediwarrior)
Post #: 9
RE: Battlestar Galatica Season 3 - SKY ONE SPEED - 9/1/2007 11:19:50 PM   
Orbital

Yep the show may be going downhill with the Kara Mommy Thrace subplots, will she ever get to screw Leoben ? Does anyone care anymore ?
but at least Apollo looked funny

oh yeah

http://adamafatass.ytmnd.com/

< Message edited by Orbital -- 9/1/2007 11:21:33 PM >

Post #: 10
RE: Battlestar Galatica Season 3 - SKY ONE SPEED - 10/1/2007 9:27:41 AM   
elab49

But the subplot is pretty fundamental to the Cylon motivations - this belief that if love is involved then procreation will ensue.

quote:

(in reply to Orbital)
Post #: 11
RE: Battlestar Galatica Season 3 - SKY ONE SPEED - 10/1/2007 9:29:06 AM   
Wedge

What's this then?  Apollo has become fat?!  Was it a dream or something? 

"When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!"
"Everybody's dead Dave"

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs314.snc4/41022_10150255199830294_790880293_14349909_1904630_n.jpg

(in reply to Orbital)
Post #: 12
RE: Battlestar Galatica Season 3 - SKY ONE SPEED - 10/1/2007 9:59:01 AM   
Tech_Noir

Apollo looked strange in places. Sometimes the make-up effects were pretty impressive, other times it was quite a distraction. Interesting idea. I can never predict what the writers will do with this series.

The whole Iraq-analogy seems a little on the nose but interesting nonetheless.

(in reply to Wedge)
Post #: 13
RE: Battlestar Galatica Season 3 - SKY ONE SPEED - 10/1/2007 10:16:37 AM   
Wedge

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

Apollo looked strange in places. Sometimes the make-up effects were pretty impressive, other times it was quite a distraction. Interesting idea. I can never predict what the writers will do with this series.

The whole Iraq-analogy seems a little on the nose but interesting nonetheless.

Yes but what's going on?!  I must know!!  Must satisify the Galactica addiction!

"Everybody's dead Dave"

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 14
RE: Battlestar Galatica Season 3 - SKY ONE SPEED - 10/1/2007 10:33:53 AM   
elab49

If you can't see it on Sky you might want to try the full thread - posters like Captain Black posted episode summaries. I think the first epis are covered around page 10 of the thread.

quote:

(in reply to Wedge)
Post #: 15
RE: Battlestar Galatica Season 3 - SKY ONE SPEED - 10/1/2007 10:37:18 AM   
Wedge

Think I'll take a look.  A fat Apollo is just not right.  Damn, here's me wishing I had sky again

"Everybody's dead Dave"

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 16
RE: Battlestar Galatica Season 3 - SKY ONE SPEED - 10/1/2007 11:30:15 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Wow - someone who's actually spent money on HD?!?!

Yep and it pretty damn cool. Not espeically sky one to be fair but still worth the money for the other channels.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 17
RE: Battlestar Galatica Season 3 - SKY ONE SPEED - 10/1/2007 11:36:02 AM   
elab49

I'm sure it is very pretty but as I can see the screen fine so, for me, it is one jump I won't waste my money on.

It is interesting to 'meet' someone who has though - unlike the move to DVD then recordable DVD etc I've not met anyone who is interested in this 'advance'. I remember a thread a while back that seemed the same.

I thought there were only a couple of channels that were set up for it? And still very few programmes? I've tended - maybe wrongly - to think it is like the difference between those people who need a sound system set up with tons of speakers round their TV for Dolby and those perfectly happy with the TV speaker.

quote:

Post #: 18
RE: Battlestar Galatica Season 3 - SKY ONE SPEED - 10/1/2007 11:58:21 AM   
Base

This probably isn't the place to post this, but does anyone know if the mini-series is going to be repeated any time soon???  I think I caught the end of it last week, didn't realise it was on.  Hear a lot of good things about this series and want to get in at the beginning (so I haven't read the rest of this thread, apologies if this has already been asked)...

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 19
RE: Battlestar Galatica Season 3 - SKY ONE SPEED - 10/1/2007 12:00:01 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

I'm sure it is very pretty but as I can see the screen fine so, for me, it is one jump I won't waste my money on.

It is interesting to 'meet' someone who has though - unlike the move to DVD then recordable DVD etc I've not met anyone who is interested in this 'advance'. I remember a thread a while back that seemed the same.

I thought there were only a couple of channels that were set up for it? And still very few programmes? I've tended - maybe wrongly - to think it is like the difference between those people who need a sound system set up with tons of speakers round their TV for Dolby and those perfectly happy with the TV speaker.

That wouldn't be speakers that are part plastered into the wall to hit all the cables would it?  Or someone who has recently purchased a HDMI 1080p DVD upscaller and my local TV shop are letting me know as soon as they can get the LG BH100.
Yep I really am that sad, still it makes sure I have lots of mates round to watch films, football, play on the consoles etc.

P.S. yes I do have a girlfriend before you ask and no I didn't find her on the internet. 

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 10/1/2007 12:02:38 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 20
RE: Battlestar Galatica Season 3 - SKY ONE SPEED - 10/1/2007 12:01:01 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Base

This probably isn't the place to post this, but does anyone know if the mini-series is going to be repeated any time soon???  I think I caught the end of it last week, didn't realise it was on.  Hear a lot of good things about this series and want to get in at the beginning (so I haven't read the rest of this thread, apologies if this has already been asked)...

4.99 in HMV sale.

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 21
RE: Battlestar Galatica Season 3 - SKY ONE SPEED - 10/1/2007 12:20:02 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

quote:

That wouldn't be speakers that are part plastered into the wall to hit all the cables would it?  Or someone who has recently purchased a HDMI 1080p DVD upscaller and my local TV shop are letting me know as soon as they can get the LG BH100.
Yep I really am that sad, still it makes sure I have lots of mates round to watch films, football, play on the consoles etc.

P.S. yes I do have a girlfriend before you ask and no I didn't find her on the internet. 

I did wonder with the tagline under your name!

Base - you might be better picking it up cheap in the sales. The implication above is that Sky have heavily cut it. But I'm not sure they'll show it again - it just seemed to be before S3 started last night.

quote:

Post #: 22
RE: Battlestar Galatica Season 3 - SKY ONE SPEED - 10/1/2007 12:35:34 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

I did wonder with the tagline under your name!

The tagline is thanks to James Numbers a long time ago before he was green, in a place which was orange although he was still ginger and I was still Bob.

Its all in my den not in our  main room, the missus wouldn't allow it (although the front room does have HD and separate speakers).  Hence why we bought a house with a room I could abuse, she likes the fact that she doesn't have to bother with me and my mates when we are drunk.

Anyway back OT to Battlestar.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 10/1/2007 12:38:06 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 23
RE: Battlestar Galatica Season 3 - SKY ONE SPEED - 10/1/2007 1:04:22 PM   
Base

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Base

4.99 in HMV sale.

Ooooh!!!!  I was trying to avoid buying something unseen, but for that price f$&k it!!!!  I'll drop in there tomorrow, thanks

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

Post #: 24
RE: Battlestar Galatica Season 3 - SKY ONE SPEED - 10/1/2007 2:55:34 PM   
Orbital

It's Youtubed part 2 of 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4487qbxC38I
but you may have to do some serious digging around to find the rest of it

Post #: 25
RE: Battlestar Galatica Season 3 - SKY ONE SPEED - 10/1/2007 6:33:20 PM   
Q.T

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orbital

Yep the show may be going downhill with the Kara Mommy Thrace subplots, will she ever get to screw Leoben ? Does anyone care anymore ?

Ah, but all is not as it seems with the whole 'baby' plot...

If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions

(in reply to Orbital)
Post #: 26
RE: Battlestar Galatica Season 3 - SKY ONE SPEED - 10/1/2007 7:05:11 PM   
Old Peculiar

For me season 3 has been the best so far. Can't believe the UK is so far behind the U.S. with BSG seeing as we started up the thing!  For all you 'Sky' watchers make sure you have something handy to catch your jaw before it hits the floor with Ep4!

(in reply to Q.T)
Post #: 27
RE: Battlestar Galatica Season 3 - SKY ONE SPEED - 10/1/2007 7:15:02 PM   
elab49

QT, might it be fairer to warn those who want to remain completely unspoiled before dropping heavy hints they could read for themselves on the other thread?

quote:

(in reply to Old Peculiar)
Post #: 28
RE: Battlestar Galatica Season 3 - SKY ONE SPEED - 10/1/2007 8:44:00 PM   
Tech_Noir

Another reason why Galactica rules. 

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 29
RE: Battlestar Galatica Season 3 - SKY ONE SPEED - 10/1/2007 10:03:24 PM   
Manchurian candidate

I spent fifty odd pounds on the Battlestar Galactica DVDs based purly on a positve reveiw in the october issue of Empire. Don't regret it though.

"Ford's economics are the worst thing that's happened to this country since pantyhose ruined finger-fucking."
Lyndon B. Johnson
"British Beatitudes! Beer, beef, business, bibles, bulldogs, battleships, buggery and bishops"
-Ulysses, By James Joyce
"Rose McGowan is a fucking clown"
-Harry Lime
"Who's Keith"
- Rhubarb

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Battlestar Galatica Season 3 - SKY ONE SPEED Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI