Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

ER

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> ER Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ER - 7/1/2007 10:01:25 PM   
soderbergh1

had a look through all the forums and couldn't find one for ER, just one for downloads but seeing as its started on e4 last thursday and channel 4 this monday i thought i'd attempt to start a forum here.

so...anyone see it? i thought it was a really great episode and was almost in tears at one point. i don't really wanna spoil it for anyone who's waiting to watch it on channel 4 so i'll say no more.

but i do recommend watching it.

"Well, when an adult male is chasing a female with intent to commit rape, I shoot the bastard. That's my policy."

LAST 3 FILMS WATCHED:
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe ***
Iron Man ***
Dasavatharam ***
Post #: 1
RE: ER - 8/1/2007 9:07:15 AM   
mrdoom14

I missed the E4 showing, so I shall catch it on monday.Its a great show wich has been on the go for years.

Last Films I Watched
Tell No One
Hot Fuzz

(in reply to soderbergh1)
Post #: 2
RE: ER - 8/1/2007 6:40:03 PM   
*emz6*

well excited bout its return i bloody love ER its my fav show currently on tv. I was pleasantly surprised to see it back so soon. Usually its a few more months.

(in reply to mrdoom14)
Post #: 3
RE: ER - 8/1/2007 7:02:57 PM   
nomimalone

Watched the first episode of this series last night on E4. It was gripping stuff, I'm tempted to watch it again tonight!

(in reply to *emz6*)
Post #: 4
RE: ER - 8/1/2007 11:09:08 PM   
smila darcy

Just watched the season opener on C4.  A return to form, in my opinion... excellent performances all round and a gripping storyline.  One of the best series around right now. 

How long do we have, twenty minutes and thirty seconds? Let's go!

All you need to start an asylum is an empty room and the right kind of people.

(in reply to nomimalone)
Post #: 5
RE: ER - 8/1/2007 11:21:14 PM   
Hobbitonlass

I'd agree with the above.  I caught this last Thursday on E4 and it was a blinding start to the season.  Had me in tears at the end.  How much more can they throw at Kovac!

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to smila darcy)
Post #: 6
RE: ER - 9/1/2007 12:06:33 AM   
jenzie

been a HUGE fan since series seven (watched it since series 4), and it's been consistantly the BEST drams on tv!!!

since S7 it hasn't dropped a beat, and the first of the new series was gripping ..... boy, did i want sam to shoot that bastard a lot!!!

ALIENS: yes, i still have the damn hat on ..... WANNA TAKE IT OFF ME????
HUMANS: well, yes .....
ALIENS: ACTIVATE THE STUPID HUMAN RAY!!!!!

http://www.intervocative.com/dvdcollection.aspx/jenzie

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 7
RE: ER - 9/1/2007 6:04:13 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

A new series of my favourite TV show is always cause for celebration and series 13 opened with a cracking episode.

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to jenzie)
Post #: 8
RE: ER - 9/1/2007 10:10:27 AM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass
How much more can they throw at Kovac!

I was wondering the exact same thing! Pretty much the case with Abby too. They just can't have a happy ending, can they?

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

Post #: 9
RE: ER - 9/1/2007 12:03:13 PM   
*emz6*

bloody enjoyed last nights episode it was quality. cant wait to see how things develope this season, particularly looking forward to the return of Sally Field, she bloody class. I already know what happens in the major storylines this year, but it doesnt take away from the drama etc etc.

(in reply to Jessica_ca_ca_ca)
Post #: 10
RE: ER - 9/1/2007 12:45:53 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: jenzie

been a HUGE fan since series seven (watched it since series 4), and it's been consistantly the BEST drams on tv!!!

since S7 it hasn't dropped a beat, and the first of the new series was gripping ..... boy, did i want sam to shoot that bastard a lot!!!

I've been with it since Season 1 with George Clooney and co and despite peoples worry that it would go downhill after his departure it has been consistant all along.  Some episodes have left me knackered and out of breath from the sheer tension.  Love it.

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to jenzie)
Post #: 11
RE: ER - 9/1/2007 1:10:48 PM   
xim123

Not quite the return to form I'd hoped for but a great episode anyway.  What happened to the theme tune?

My Film Diary

Post #: 12
RE: ER - 9/1/2007 4:52:19 PM   
soderbergh1

the new theme tune is rubbish (and the music over the end credits) but still a quality episode.

i can't believe sam shot her husband!! i was thinking 'just get outta there you silly cow!!' but fair play, she had the balls to go back and kill the bastard.

sorry.

< Message edited by soderbergh1 -- 9/1/2007 5:03:11 PM >

"Well, when an adult male is chasing a female with intent to commit rape, I shoot the bastard. That's my policy."

LAST 3 FILMS WATCHED:
Iron Man ***
Dasavatharam ***

(in reply to xim123)
Post #: 13
RE: ER - 9/1/2007 4:58:40 PM   
xim123

SPOILERS

My Film Diary

Post #: 14
RE: ER - 9/1/2007 5:40:59 PM   
*emz6*

i cant believe she just let him rape her and didnt do anything about it, i mean i know there wasnt much she could do so if she was gonna be forced to let it happen anyway then i would have least of tried to stop him once. worth a shout aint it! lol

(in reply to xim123)
Post #: 15
RE: ER - 9/1/2007 6:55:06 PM   
smila darcy

quote:

ORIGINAL: *emz6*

i cant believe she just let him rape her and didnt do anything about it, i mean i know there wasnt much she could do so if she was gonna be forced to let it happen anyway then i would have least of tried to stop him once. worth a shout aint it! lol

That's not how it works - Sam did the right thing in keeping herself alive for her son.  He would have killed her otherwise.  And the outcome of that was the right one (trying not to spoil here).

How long do we have, twenty minutes and thirty seconds? Let's go!

All you need to start an asylum is an empty room and the right kind of people.

(in reply to *emz6*)
Post #: 16
RE: ER - 9/1/2007 8:28:42 PM   
xim123

I thought the ending was fantastic, even as it was happening I still didn't know what the final outcome would be and what Sam was going to do.  The preview of the next episode looked like there are going to be consequences of her actions which should make an interesting story into the rest of the season.

My Film Diary

(in reply to smila darcy)
Post #: 17
RE: ER - 9/1/2007 10:23:04 PM   
swan

ahhh it was great episode caught it on sunday,i'm glad its got its mojo back.i cant believe sam....oo err.

**its that warriors vs baseball fury element
that glitches motor sensory developement
i am a star really,**

cmyk

(in reply to xim123)
Post #: 18
RE: ER - 9/1/2007 10:35:23 PM   
Sugar Kowalczyk

Really good episode a particular bugbear was that they had changed the actors for Sam's boy and her ex - husband (?)
Also why is it that no-one ever seems to have a normal pregnancy in ER - I really love Abby and Luka together and fear that the scriptwriters will change everything for them.
However i cannot stand Sam the character is just sooo irritating and annoyingly stupid everything she did to try and escape was pathetic also allowing herself to be rape I know he had a gun but you would think she would try and struggle a bit not just lay there.
Another thing why so much music... I think the last half an hour was just some depressing music playing throughout - that just bugged me.

(in reply to swan)
Post #: 19
RE: ER - 9/1/2007 10:42:42 PM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

Sam has been irritating me ever since she broke up with Luka (although I do love Abby and him together ). The fact that they changed the actor who played that half-witted kid Alex was also cause for concern. I don't like this one.

Well, I didn't like the last one, but we weren't meant to and I like this one even less.

(in reply to Sugar Kowalczyk)
Post #: 20
RE: ER - 10/1/2007 1:25:09 AM   
*emz6*

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sugar Kowalczyk

However i cannot stand Sam the character is just sooo irritating and annoyingly stupid everything she did to try and escape was pathetic also allowing herself to be rape I know he had a gun but you would think she would try and struggle a bit not just lay there.

thank you. exactly my point, he wasnt gonna kill her and if it was somewhat inevitable anyway then i would have at least tried to put up a fight in the first place.

Also, im pissed that they changed the kid, although this happened during last season not this one. The little kid who used to play him was well cute, and a right cheeky shit which was quite funny, but this new one is a whingy little thing, and its like the writers are trying to get the audience to buy the fact that he grew about 7inches in one night! lol

(in reply to Sugar Kowalczyk)
Post #: 21
RE: ER - 10/1/2007 6:17:34 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

I don't mind Sam at all. It's her son who annoys the hell out of me. I have no idea how she puts up with him.

The actor who plays Sam's ex, Steve, changed a while ago. In series 10 he was played by Cole Hauser, but since then Garret Dillahunt has been the man.

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to *emz6*)
Post #: 22
RE: ER - 10/1/2007 9:26:21 AM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

I thought they changed Steve as well! Thanks, Gimli. I kept on thinking to myself that perhaps he'd had a haircut or something because it resembled something out of the "Shire" beforehand  So much for recognising people.

I'd have left the kid there, I'm sorry. All that whinging - Ugh!

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 23
RE: ER - 10/1/2007 1:29:27 PM   
*emz6*

Is everyone aware of the Forest Whitaker reoccuring guest role in this series. Looks to be great, hes a bit of a nutter in it.

(in reply to Jessica_ca_ca_ca)
Post #: 24
RE: ER - 10/1/2007 4:04:00 PM   
soderbergh1

i'm glad they changed the kid. i hated the last one, he was an annoying little shit. good riddance. will have to wait now to see how this one turns out.

LAST 3 FILMS WATCHED:
Iron Man ***
Dasavatharam ***

(in reply to *emz6*)
Post #: 25
RE: ER - 11/1/2007 1:41:29 PM   
swan

i liked the last kid he was well annoyin but at least he had a personality this one acts like hes got mental issues they changed him from the last series didnt they.cole hauser hes hot for ginga.

**its that warriors vs baseball fury element
that glitches motor sensory developement
i am a star really,**

cmyk

Post #: 26
RE: ER - 11/1/2007 3:06:40 PM   
soderbergh1

more new er tonight on e4!! yay!!! can;t wait to see what happens after the ending of last week's episode.

LAST 3 FILMS WATCHED:
Iron Man ***
Dasavatharam ***

(in reply to swan)
Post #: 27
RE: ER - 11/1/2007 3:22:08 PM   
Cruisecontroller

Great as ever but I don`t know about that new theme tune.

MyDVDCollection.http://www.empireonline.com/myempire/mydvdcollection.asp?UID=49319b

Last five movies seen & rated by me.

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5
5.Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones. 3/5

Post #: 28
RE: ER - 11/1/2007 10:31:22 PM   
*emz6*

just incase anyone feels like speeding ahead with this series, all the episode are up on youtube. in full.

(in reply to Cruisecontroller)
Post #: 29
RE: ER - 11/1/2007 10:45:34 PM   
soderbergh1

another good episode tonight. but what else would you expect?!?!

LAST 3 FILMS WATCHED:
Iron Man ***
Dasavatharam ***

(in reply to *emz6*)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> ER Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI