Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 22/7/2010 6:18:59 PM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

I'm on steroids, which means I want to eat everything. I'm thinking about eating my computer. I've already had two pineapple cakes even though I've brushed my teeth. What will become of me?

he's ruining my buestiful threat!

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

(in reply to Keyser Sozzled)
Post #: 241
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 22/7/2010 6:37:52 PM   
Sway

My healthy living/lifestyle has gone to pot since returning home for the week. *sigh*

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to Kilo_T_Mortal)
Post #: 242
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 22/7/2010 6:42:19 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kilo_T_Mortal

I'm on steroids, which means I want to eat everything. I'm thinking about eating my computer. I've already had two pineapple cakes even though I've brushed my teeth. What will become of me?

You will grow boobs and your testicles will shrink?

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 243
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 23/7/2010 12:39:36 PM   
straight2dvd

I've been incredibly lazy over the last few months. Lost about 2.5 stone on weight watchers but put half a stone back on due to laziness. I will re-join a gym this weekend.

Madness flows like the finest wine

Post #: 244
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 26/7/2010 11:18:12 PM   
juanvasquez

Finally got my arse in gear and joined the local gym. Had my induction today. Quite liked it. Shall hopefully return to the physique I had a few years ago, and not the lard ass I am now.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to straight2dvd)
Post #: 245
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 28/7/2010 12:18:10 PM   
kathryn2

Have been really good last week (seriously, I managed to eat half a Whisper and put the other half back in the fridge),
and have lost another 2 lbs.

That's 7.5 lbs off now, and 62.5 still to go.

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 246
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 29/7/2010 2:39:47 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Good going Kathryn!

I lost a pound this week, my weight loss seems to have slowed down quite a lot in the last month but I suppose that was to be expected. Still, I won't complain if I lose just a pound a week. At least I'm moving in the right direction. Just another 3 and a half pounds to lose to hit the 2 stone mark.

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to kathryn2)
Post #: 247
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 29/7/2010 9:20:44 PM   
Rebenectomy

Amazingly I lost 7lbs in July!!! Can't believe it as it was shit weather here and I wasn't getting out half as much as I'd hoped. There was also some serious will power fails when pizzas and curries were ordered.

This has really cheered me up, only 1st to go til I reach my target. I'd have liked to have managed it before my holidays which are in 5 weeks time, but I'd be happy enough to get a few more pounds off and fit comfortably into the outfit I have for the brother in law's wedding.

Body Hair Beautiful: An Armpits for August Special
http://www.lipstogetherandblow.com/2013/07/body-beautiful.html

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 248
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 4/8/2010 12:54:35 PM   
kathryn2

I had a really bad week this week - there was a work do on thursday where there were no good options, and
it threw me off track completely. I've had the serious munchies ever since.

So I was really astonished to lose half a pound! That's 8lb in total (62 to go).
It'll probably catch up with me next week, unless I manage to be super-good, which is unlikely as I have a theatre trip
on Friday and a friend's joint birthday/anniversary outing on saturday.

I'm praying to the diet gods to give me strength....

(in reply to Rebenectomy)
Post #: 249
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 4/8/2010 1:41:03 PM   
Rebenectomy

quote:

ORIGINAL: kathryn2

I had a really bad week this week - there was a work do on thursday where there were no good options, and
it threw me off track completely. I've had the serious munchies ever since.

So I was really astonished to lose half a pound! That's 8lb in total (62 to go).
It'll probably catch up with me next week, unless I manage to be super-good, which is unlikely as I have a theatre trip
on Friday and a friend's joint birthday/anniversary outing on saturday.

I'm praying to the diet gods to give me strength....

Don't let the slip get you down Kathryn, the trick is not to see it as undoing your previous good work, (instead view that as money in the bank). It was my mate's birthday lat night and we ordered Dominos before going to the pub, so both a pizza and alchol fail for me there. Today I'm making up for it by taking the wee man on a long walk, then an extended Wii Fit session tonight. I probably won't have lost as much weight this week as I was planning, but having been good for the rest of the week, hopefully I won't have put any weight back on.

(in reply to kathryn2)
Post #: 250
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 4/8/2010 10:13:09 PM   
Hamster95012

I'm giving it a go myself. Started about a month ago and gone from 20st 3lb to 18st 12lb. Not a bad start, but bloody hell if I haven't got a long way to go!

"I'm afraid your body was badly damaged in the crash."
"How badly?"
"That's it over there"

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 251
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 4/8/2010 10:29:59 PM   
Hood_Man

Started running again, nice and slow, not too intensive but still enough to make my legs feel like lead afterwards. I'll have to weigh myself tomorrow morning and *gulp* post it on here. It's probably around 15-16 stone though...

Unlike last time however, I'll be taking before, during and after photo's so I can see for myself how much I change over the next 3 months. I've come across some photos of myself from 2007 and I can't believe how slim I looked back then, especially since I didn't believe I was slim back then either...

(in reply to Hamster95012)
Post #: 252
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 4/8/2010 10:35:47 PM   
Hex

Ive been slipping ALOT lately. I was walking regulary up until recently. But that sortve stopped and Ive taken up baking which is a really stupid thing to do when your trying to lose weight. All I make is cakes and breads (homemade starbucks rip off concoctions arent helping either). Bad bad idea!

Before I knew it I was half way back to where I was three years ago. So got my head together and am now attempting to eat sensibly and hoping to inject some sort of exercise aswell. Lost two pound so far. But its a tenuous two pound if that makes sense.

You are a hot cup of asshole!

You wouldn't let me have that poster of Gael Garcia Bernal! His eyes are green and he's Latin! I need it!

Sssshhh. Shut your mouth. Sssssh. It's Art Crawl.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 253
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 6/8/2010 8:40:10 AM   
Rebenectomy

Well despite mid week pizza fest I was pleased to see that I lost 3lbs this week, 11 to go.

(in reply to Hex)
Post #: 254
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 6/8/2010 12:05:31 PM   
kathryn2

Excellent! Really well done.

(in reply to Rebenectomy)
Post #: 255
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 6/8/2010 1:21:08 PM   
Sway

Well done to everybody who are reaching their targets, you must all be feeling very happy.

As I said in previous posts, I don't weigh myself, I go on how I feel in my clothes etc.  So I've lost a wee bit of weight over the past month since I started swimming, and then had a couple of days of munro climbing (4 each day, phew!), then  had a holiday to Venice.  I find that whenever I travel or go on holiday I lose weight because I'm walking all day, every day in the sun, and drinking loads of water to rehydrate and eating less. 

Clothes that were previously too tight now feel better and I've definitely lost bit of the tum I was developing. I notice this mostly when I sit down and I don't feel like putting a hand infront of my belly to cover it now. 

Mostly though I'm feeling a lot healthier.  Plenty of walking and less of a lethargic lifestyle in the past month has made a difference.  I'm going up home tomorrow so I can go walking with my dad again, we've another 2 munros to bag in the Glenshee area and I'm raring to go!

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

(in reply to kathryn2)
Post #: 256
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 11/8/2010 12:05:31 PM   
kathryn2

Put on half a pound .

I just lost my diet mojo. Possibly due to lack of sleep and working too hard.

(in reply to Sway)
Post #: 257
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 16/8/2010 2:13:58 AM   
ilovebeerme

Half a pound is nothing. A medium sized glass of water will add half a pound to your weight. When I started trying to lose weight (just over 75 lbs in total) I only weighed in every two weeks. I think it gives you a better indicator and it covers up slight blips that are meaningless but can make you feel shit.

It's a good idea to have a day a week when you ignore your diet completely. That's not a licence to gorge, but if you want pizza and ice cream for dinner or sausages with horribly buttery mash then have it. It keeps your body guessing and, following experimenting a bit, does more good than harm.

I picked up a kick bag, some free weights and a swiss ball a the weekend. I've wanted my own kick bag for ages as I can quite happily work it over for an hour or so and not feel at all like I'm exercising. Combined with some free weights on the ball and some squats, push ups etc it's a nice routine without having to go to the gym.

Like food and wine? Come join the conversation at http://kitchendecanted.com/

Latest post - Chicken with Thai basil and chili

(in reply to kathryn2)
Post #: 258
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 16/8/2010 3:52:22 AM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

What about if we just forcefeed everyone? Much better solution than all this work.

he's ruining my buestiful threat!

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

(in reply to ilovebeerme)
Post #: 259
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 16/8/2010 5:23:37 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

I lost 4 pounds this week, I'm pretty chuffed after a few weeks of losing only a pound. Over 2 stone lost now

Post #: 260
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 21/8/2010 9:16:22 AM   
the anomaly

Gah i've let slip the past few week's. Change of job and a diversion on the road to my gym have been the prime issues. I was going to go this weekend ... but I've got a cold ... ANNOYING ... I want to train!

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 261
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 21/8/2010 9:39:57 AM   
jonson

I don't go to the gym, but I have a weight keeping off regime that has worked brilliantly. I don't eat after 9pm. That's it.
I walk a lot, I ride my bike and I play golf. I eat what I want (I'm a veggie as well) but I'm 5'11", and 3 years ago weighted about 14 and a half stone. Not fat, not slim, but I would have liked to keep myself at a steady weight. I lost about 2 stone when my Dad was ill, I threw myself into biking a lot, and the weight plummeted. I looked ill actually, despite probably being my ideal weight.
I popped a bit back on, and have kept steady ever since, just by not eating after 9pm. I know if I sit down at night and eat biscuits it will go back on, but I've got used to being strict.
Good luck everyone, as long as you're happy and healthy, who cares, that's my motto.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 262
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 22/8/2010 11:04:43 AM   
BigKovacs

quote:

ORIGINAL: kathryn2

Have been really good last week (seriously, I managed to eat half a Whisper and put the other half back in the fridge),
and have lost another 2 lbs.

That's 7.5 lbs off now, and 62.5 still to go.

wow, that is hard to do! I'm a 'just one more biscuit' man and genuinely find it impossible not to nick one more. Having half the Wispa is impressive!

Gamertag: Cambo1979.

(in reply to kathryn2)
Post #: 263
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 22/8/2010 8:23:41 PM   
Keyser Sozzled

I have slipped in the last two weeks or so, but I am just above the 15 stone mark (+ 2lbs). Going on hols next week so i don't think I will be under 15 stone before I go but still happy enough to be down at that weight

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 264
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 22/8/2010 8:26:52 PM   
sanchia

I have just been skipping for a bit of cardio. By crikey I have a lot more respect for seven year old girls now. I am knackered.

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 265
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 25/1/2011 6:35:52 PM   
sanchia

Resurrection of the thread time.

Does anyone know if a kettle bell is a worthwhile investment and if so what sort of weight would be a good starting point?

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 266
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 26/1/2011 1:09:45 AM   
ilovebeerme

They are great for workouts, but you'll need a range of weights to get full benefit. If you want free weights it's maybe a better idea to get some proper dumbbells that you can add disks to as you need it. That way you can buy the bars and a bunch of light weights and add heavier ones as your strength increases.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 267
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 26/1/2011 8:46:15 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

I'm considering getting a cheap pair of dumbells to help with my Your Shape workouts. I put on half a stone over December but have lost 4lb of that in January so far. Not too bad.

Post #: 268
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 26/1/2011 7:26:30 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: ilovebeerme

They are great for workouts, but you'll need a range of weights to get full benefit. If you want free weights it's maybe a better idea to get some proper dumbbells that you can add disks to as you need it. That way you can buy the bars and a bunch of light weights and add heavier ones as your strength increases.

I have to admit I would like to but have a bit of a storage problem at the moment.

I was thinking of something like this

which is essentially an adjustable kettle bell.

< Message edited by sanchia -- 26/1/2011 7:27:10 PM >

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 269
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 26/1/2011 10:31:41 PM   
ilovebeerme

Cool, I've never seen them before but they look great. I'm not sure what, if any, exercise benefit they have over regular dumbbells, but they will certainly do the job for most stuff. I got a bunch of dumbbell weights cause I needed them to hold down my kick bag stand when I'm not using them . A swiss ball is also really good if you are a bit limited for space, but you do need the room to use it!

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 270
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI