Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 8/5/2010 12:45:10 AM   
steflon

quote:

ORIGINAL: BishopQuaker

WHO ELSE BUT STEFLON?!

HE'S STEFLON.....

STEFLON....

GIGGITY GIGGITY GIGGITY GIGGITY - LETS CRASH CARS!

right there

thas my new theme tune

www.twitter.com/Steflon
http://onedayiwillhavehenchmen.blogspot.com/

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols
we can roam these vast Empire halls as awesome Stefs.

ORIGINAL: hiptobesquare_x
'and that's why Steflon is all kinds of awesome.'

(in reply to BishopQuaker)
Post #: 181
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 9/5/2010 12:00:03 PM   
BishopQuaker

We'll have to think how we can work that into a walk-on part.

Or awards acceptance entrance music

(in reply to steflon)
Post #: 182
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 9/5/2010 2:56:15 PM   
Spider

Why is it so bloody hard losing weight at Uni. I tried pretty hard to lose some weight, without going too mental (ie. if I got drunk I probably hadn't quite achieved the self discipline not to have a cheeky kebab - chicken shish I promise!), and managed to lose about half a stone. However, as soon as I lost a bit of interest and started eating normally again (which for me is still keeping an eye on things in general, eg. I'm not going to be eating toad in the hole for dinner) and the weight starts going back on again. I even started running a bit, which I will continue once exams are out of the way, although without wanting to alienate the female persuasion, I find it very difficult to run without developing some form of, erm, chaffage, which stops me running far sooner than being out of breath!

Good news is I'm starting full time work on my feet again soon which, when accompanied by sensible eating, usually means I lose weight quite quickly!

Rudi Manchego's Simple Rustic Wisdom:
If you look at a pebble, you will see your own face

Howard Moon: Fusion Minstrel Vince Noir: Gothic Fairy. The Boosh is Loose and it's coming at you like a shark with knees!

(in reply to BishopQuaker)
Post #: 183
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 10/5/2010 12:56:02 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Well, I lost 2.5lbs this week so that's 7lb/half a stone in four weeks. That makes me happy, just hope I can keep it up

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Spider)
Post #: 184
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 10/5/2010 4:19:13 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigKovacs

What type of Karate anomaly?

There are three different classes I could go to. Two Karate classes, one is Shotokhan & the other is Elikai. Finally there's a kickboxing class. I may try them all and just see which one I like.

I just want somthing to do once a week, so I don't want to get too into it right now. I don't want to have to be buying a uniform, equipement and be pushed into tournaments or anything ... so whichever's the most casual but provides a good work out will probaly be my choice.

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 185
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 12/5/2010 12:17:10 PM   
BigKovacs

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

quote:

What type of Karate anomaly?

There are three different classes I could go to. Two Karate classes, one is Shotokhan & the other is Elikai. Finally there's a kickboxing class. I may try them all and just see which one I like.

I just want somthing to do once a week, so I don't want to get too into it right now. I don't want to have to be buying a uniform, equipement and be pushed into tournaments or anything ... so whichever's the most casual but provides a good work out will probaly be my choice.

Nice one man. Take up kickboxing and weights and you'll be a bad-ass in no time. Kickboxing's generally (or should be) casual regarding equipment and uniform and the workouts should have you needing to puke at the end of them, in a good way.

Gamertag: Cambo1979.

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 186
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 12/5/2010 12:55:09 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

and the workouts should have you needing to puke at the end of them, in a good way.

That's how I like to feel after I have done my Combat classes   I'm of the no pain no gain era....... 

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 187
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 12/5/2010 12:59:17 PM   
BigKovacs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

quote:

and the workouts should have you needing to puke at the end of them, in a good way.

That's how I like to feel after I have done my Combat classes   I'm of the no pain no gain era....... 

In all seriousness I agree. It's your bodies way of telling you it's working like a mother, it's horrible and painful but there's little else which will get you fit as fast. Plus the endorphins rock.

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 188
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 18/5/2010 1:39:02 PM   
Twisted Kitty

I joined the gym yesterday. Just waiting for my induction but I'm really looking forward to going and getting into a routine.  I like the look of Body Combat and Body Attack as well as the actual gym itself.  I was shown the Spin class. I thought "yeah right....dont wanna die just yet thanks very much".  Anyway, hoping I'll get a bit fitter soon.   

"I have a terrible headache, and a sudden craving for chicken wings"

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 189
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 18/5/2010 2:32:03 PM   
Sinatra

I need to shed about 8kg if possible... I regularly go to the gym, so I'm upping my game and intake of Alli to help speed the process up. I'm also employing the use of a PT. Bloody hard work. Oh and on top of all that, not drinking as much either..... 

< Message edited by Sinatra -- 18/5/2010 2:33:05 PM >

(in reply to Twisted Kitty)
Post #: 190
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 18/5/2010 2:38:39 PM   
Hex

Ive begun my walking ritual now. Hopefully it pays off.

Out of interest Sinatra, how is Alli working out for you? Ive heard some horror stories.

You are a hot cup of asshole!

You wouldn't let me have that poster of Gael Garcia Bernal! His eyes are green and he's Latin! I need it!

Sssshhh. Shut your mouth. Sssssh. It's Art Crawl.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 191
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 18/5/2010 2:39:26 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: Twisted Kitty
I was shown the Spin class. I thought "yeah right....dont wanna die just yet thanks very much". 

Spinning rocks!  If I feel sick at the end I know I've pushed myself satisfactorily

I also love Combat, particularly this release (43) as there is a remixed Pirates of the Caribbean track where you get to wield an imaginary sword at the beginning

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

Post #: 192
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 18/5/2010 3:43:15 PM   
Sinatra

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hex

Ive begun my walking ritual now. Hopefully it pays off.

Out of interest Sinatra, how is Alli working out for you? Ive heard some horror stories.

It's working very well so far. I've used it before for a couple of weeks, but I'm looking at using it for a couple of months this time.
No side effects at all... but you do have to stick with what they tell you regarding at content.

(in reply to Hex)
Post #: 193
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 18/5/2010 3:45:37 PM   
sharkboy

If anything Alli and its derivatives encourage you to keep to a low-fat menu if only to avoid the horrific toilet incidents that can happen with it!  I'm not going to elaborate, but if you're going out for a curry, it's better to skip the tablet that evening...

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 194
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 18/5/2010 4:12:24 PM   
Sinatra

Yeah exactly... I've read that some people just take 1 a day to help out, but this isn't really the most effective way of using it. t's very handy just being able to skip one now and again.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 195
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 18/5/2010 4:33:03 PM   
Twisted Kitty

quote:

Hobbitonlass
I also love Combat, particularly this release (43) as there is a remixed Pirates of the Caribbean track where you get to wield an imaginary sword at the beginning

Gonna have to check that combat one out.  I want an imaginary sword! 

"I have a terrible headache, and a sudden craving for chicken wings"

Post #: 196
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 18/5/2010 4:45:38 PM   
Hobbitonlass

They should be on release 43 as it all falls under the Les Mills umbrella in that all Body Combat classes wherever (even abroad) should follow the same release so you might want to ask (and appear all knowledgable like  ).  I've always found the music really motivational in Combat (has to be!) and I find myself singing along a lot.

Can't wait to hear how you find it though

Post #: 197
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 18/5/2010 7:44:55 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Another 2.5lbs this week, 9.5lbs in 5 weeks and I'm starting to feel the benefit already. I'm even starting to think about doing some form of exercise So far I've lost the 9.5lbs with a change to healthy foods instead of the old rubbish I used to eat. I'm pretty pleased!

Post #: 198
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 24/5/2010 4:54:44 PM   
BigKovacs

Nice work mate!! keep us updated as you go.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 199
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 24/5/2010 9:23:27 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

I weigh myself every Monday just to see the change. I don't want to be getting on the scales after every bloody meal to check. Got weighed today and lost another 1.5lbs. 11lbs in six weeks

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 200
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 6/6/2010 6:59:09 AM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

More a strength building course than a way to loose weight although you do loose weight. I'm having real fun with this at the moment, new techniques that I've never used before and after a couple of weeks I'm feeling pretty good.

http://stronglifts.com/

he's ruining my buestiful threat!

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

Post #: 201
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 7/6/2010 9:49:00 AM   
BigKovacs

Strong lifts rock, I'm out of Muay Thai for the time being so I may have to go back to these to keep it old school.

(in reply to Kilo_T_Mortal)
Post #: 202
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 7/6/2010 8:06:34 PM   
sanchia

I've managed to lose two stone this year by a little bit of running and some pilates. I will admit I feel like a girls blouse whilst doing the pilates but would recommend it to anyone.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 203
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 16/6/2010 7:19:47 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

1st 2lb down only about another 3st to go!

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 204
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 16/6/2010 10:41:43 AM   
BigKovacs

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

I've managed to lose two stone this year by a little bit of running and some pilates. I will admit I feel like a girls blouse whilst doing the pilates but would recommend it to anyone.

Man I'd be up for pilates, it's good for you and lots of hawt women do it!

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 205
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 16/6/2010 11:19:01 PM   
the anomaly

Got a cold so missed about two weeks. Now life's got a bit busy and I've not found time to go. This is how it starts ... the slippery slope ... next thing you know I've not been for months! Well I'm calling it now. Next week I HAVE to go ... at least twice!

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 206
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 17/6/2010 1:13:39 AM   
The2ndRing

3 and a half stone of baby weight to lose :(

Have exer-cycled 20K and done 20 sit ups, plus bought a shit load of weight watchers meals. It starts here people.

I've been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library

"Do you know what I like about you?
Fuck all."

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 207
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 17/6/2010 11:42:58 AM   
BigKovacs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kilo_T_Mortal

More a strength building course than a way to loose weight although you do loose weight. I'm having real fun with this at the moment, new techniques that I've never used before and after a couple of weeks I'm feeling pretty good.

http://stronglifts.com/

What program are you doing, 5x5?

(in reply to Kilo_T_Mortal)
Post #: 208
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 30/6/2010 6:36:15 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

If I lose half a pound this week that means I'll have reached one and a half stone in 12 weeks. Still going strong and feeling pretty good about myself having quit smoking almost nine months ago as well. I have stuck to my diet every single day for 12 weeks so far but it's my birthday on Friday and we're going out for a meal. Think I might just let myself go for this one night, think I've deserved it and after all it is my birthday!

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 209
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 30/6/2010 9:44:00 AM   
tftrman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

If I lose half a pound this week that means I'll have reached one and a half stone in 12 weeks. Still going strong and feeling pretty good about myself having quit smoking almost nine months ago as well. I have stuck to my diet every single day for 12 weeks so far but it's my birthday on Friday and we're going out for a meal. Think I might just let myself go for this one night, think I've deserved it and after all it is my birthday!

Good on you YFU! And I agree, I think you should have a night off for your birthday - enjoy yourself!

Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI