Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 7/1/2007 1:07:38 AM   
Bubba

quote:

ORIGINAL: GhostWriter

That makes me sound like a hobo. That's not the case. I have a fridge.

Wasn't meant like that you numpty, but if you don't want anymore Welsh cakes or sweets so be it.

Boy, the next word that comes out of your mouth better be some brilliant fuckin' Mark Twain shit. 'Cause it's definitely getting chiselled on your tombstone.

I donít condone conflict of any kind, be it star-based or otherwise.

(in reply to GhostWriter)
Post #: 31
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 8/1/2007 11:20:00 AM   
audreyII

I'm not trying very hard, have a 2 kg tin of Roses to finish before I can start in earnest. Would like to lose a stone but it's very difficult to find the motivation. I am bone idle, I won't even entertain the thought of going to the gym. My weakness is Crisps, I can eat 6 packets a day, how can I stop

Insanity runs in my family... it practically gallops

(in reply to Bubba)
Post #: 32
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 8/1/2007 12:10:10 PM   
Goodfella

I have to get physically fitter if I want to join the Navy, the marine physical instructor told me Marines have to be the standard of a premiership footballer (gulp!), the army division one, the navy division two/three/conference (christ knows!) and the raf sunday pub football.

So yeah, I got some work to do!

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 33
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 8/1/2007 3:55:27 PM   
tbird

I'm trying my hardest! For three days in a row now I've spent 30 mins on the step machine (albeit in front of the telly). If I keep that up it's gotta do something!

Now I just need to sort out my eating. I had far too much wine this weekend as well! *slaps wrists*

"Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain"

Post #: 34
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 8/1/2007 4:08:18 PM   
unhingedmoviepigeon

I'm trying to cut down after the Xmas hols. I wanna cut down on the sugar and crisps before I get a Santa belly!

Take my love.
Take my land.
Take me where I cannot stand.
I don't care, I'm still free.
You can't take the sky from me.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 35
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 8/1/2007 6:11:49 PM   
punchdrunk

quote:

ORIGINAL: audreyII

I'm not trying very hard, have a 2 kg tin of Roses to finish before I can start in earnest. Would like to lose a stone but it's very difficult to find the motivation. I am bone idle, I won't even entertain the thought of going to the gym. My weakness is Crisps, I can eat 6 packets a day, how can I stop

Wasn't there a report that said if you eat one packet of crisps a day it's the equivalent of ingesting 5 litres of cooking fat a year

Make your own crisps using a potato slicer or cutting them thin the cooking them in olive oil oven or fry them in a pan is great they taste even better than the packet ones.

(in reply to audreyII)
Post #: 36
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 8/1/2007 9:05:20 PM   
Chrisdee

sorry about your crisp addiction--mine is cereal.

Oh about trying to lose weight I WILL the question is will I gain weight before I start losing and at the end of the year be at the same weight as I am now...I don't mind my weight if I were very muscular it would be fine...it's the nice layer of adipose tissue that annoys me--darn fat loves me.

Enjoy this moment

(in reply to punchdrunk)
Post #: 37
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 8/1/2007 9:17:36 PM   
clarabell

hmmmm, i got asked today if i had lost weight, and once one girl had said it they all agreed that i did look like i have.  Also last week, another friend asked if i had and she only hadn;t seen me in the two weeks over christmas and new year (I doubt very much that i lost weight over the christmas period).

I have been getting a few comments about losing weight, but i seriously don;t believe it to be true and I don;t weigh myself regularly enough to know for sure.

I realised today that i really want to lose weight, as i was reminded of the bridesmaid dress i will have to wear at thye end of the year

When I die, bury me up-side down, so the world can kiss my ass

Just because the fucker's got a library card doesn't make him Yoda!

(in reply to Chrisdee)
Post #: 38
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 8/1/2007 9:55:22 PM   
Mikey C

I had a haircut and then I did a poo. Now I've lost 4 pounds!

the kind of place where there might be a monster or some kind of weird mirror.
how can they hear us say those words, and still they don't believe us?
my website www.mikeynet.co.uk
My internet ramblings

(in reply to clarabell)
Post #: 39
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 8/1/2007 10:51:15 PM   
punchdrunk

I always think if someone says "have you lost wieght?" it suggests i was fat before

(in reply to Mikey C)
Post #: 40
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 9/1/2007 9:05:55 AM   
ilovebeerme

Yesah...sigh....again.  At my porkiest I was 18.5 stone and I managed to get that down to 15 stone in a year by going on the 'Stop eating cakes and start exercising you lazy git' diet, which worked pretty well.  I have put on about a stone again though (bloody christmas, I'm suprised I don't have gout) and it's time to shift it.  Gonna aim for another 2 stone gone this year.

I don't really eat anything that is classically bad for you (take aways, large amounts of sweet things, crisps etc) but I do tend to eat quite a lot.  So it's portion control, less wine and off to the swimming pool.

Like food and wine? Come join the conversation at http://kitchendecanted.com/

Latest post - Chicken with Thai basil and chili

(in reply to punchdrunk)
Post #: 41
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 9/1/2007 11:00:09 AM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: ilovebeerme

less wine

I think that's my problem. I'm not especially overweight (about 14 stone and I'm 5'11"ish) but I lost any hope of a six-pack about 5 years ago.
Everything in moderation I say. My trouble is I might drink a bottle of red a night (at least) which probably isn't that good, so I've cut down to half a bottle a night and do feel better for it.
I don't do junk food, crisps or chocloate though, that's my one saving grace.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to ilovebeerme)
Post #: 42
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 9/1/2007 11:03:08 AM   
Felix

I've always had the opposite problem and needed to put weight on. This seems to be less of a problem lately...

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 43
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 9/1/2007 11:08:18 AM   
Sinatra

Scotch and wine is my prob.
I'm not a big eater.
I like at least 2 or 3 glasses of scotch and american in the evening... and maybe wine with dinner.
But the missus is pregnant now so because she can't drink I'll probably cut down too.
I already go to the gym 3-4 times a week (at lunch) so I'm not too worried.
Need to lose about 1.5 stones - ideally I'd like to be about 13.6 or round about.
Anything else and I'd look odd. (or even odder)
Trouble is I've got loads of drink left over from Christmas and if I have a shite day at work......

Las Vegas is the only place I know where money really talks--it says, "Goodbye."

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 44
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 9/1/2007 11:26:40 AM   
ilovebeerme

Just start smoking crack instead Sinatra.  You can get it from some of your ho's.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 45
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 9/1/2007 11:48:39 AM   
audreyII

quote:

ORIGINAL: punchdrunk

quote:

ORIGINAL: audreyII

Wasn't there a report that said if you eat one packet of crisps a day it's the equivalent of ingesting 5 litres of cooking fat a year

Make your own crisps using a potato slicer or cutting them thin the cooking them in olive oil oven or fry them in a pan is great they taste even better than the packet ones.

I do remember that report and the images used to advertise it, it still hasn't put me off.

Your idea sounds good, my problem is it's not real crisps I crave, it's Wotsits and Monster Munch and those kinds of crisps, they're not very filling, I ate 5 packets yesterday. I have no willpower at all.

Insanity runs in my family... it practically gallops

(in reply to punchdrunk)
Post #: 46
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 9/1/2007 11:59:23 AM   
Felix

Did you know theres the same amount of fat in a Muller Light yoghurt as there is in one crisp?

Thats daft.

Just think how many Muller lights i'd have to eat! I'll stick to the crisps...

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to audreyII)
Post #: 47
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 9/1/2007 12:53:39 PM   
ilovebeerme

Six bags of Monster Munch a day is 45g of fat, 21g of which is saturated fat.

So if you're a large guy eating a 2500 calorie diet then that is 50% of your daily fat allowance in crisps.  It's recommended that absolutely no more than 30% of your energy intake form food is through fat.  It's also more than your total recommended amount of saturated fat.  They're also loaded with sugar.

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 48
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 9/1/2007 12:59:58 PM   
Sinatra

quote:

Just start smoking crack instead Sinatra.  You can get it from some of your ho's.

Las Vegas is the only place I know where money really talks--it says, "Goodbye."

Post #: 49
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 9/1/2007 1:12:52 PM   
ilovebeerme

Sorry.  I meant Ladies of the Night.  Everybody knows crack keeps the pounds off.  Plus I'm pretty sure pregnant woman can smoke crack without side effects so your wife wouldn't need to feel left out.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 50
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 9/1/2007 1:17:46 PM   
Sinatra

quote:

Sorry.  I meant Ladies of the Night.  Everybody knows crack keeps the pounds off.  Plus I'm pretty sure pregnant woman can smoke crack without side effects so your wife wouldn't need to feel left out.

Not my style my friend... I'll stretch to Bourbon.
That's about it though.

Post #: 51
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 9/1/2007 1:20:14 PM   
Super Hans

quote:

I'm going to give it another go as I have put all the weight I lost before back on.

Peanuts = bad I think even if they are good for the protein.

I don't they are TOO bad if you get the plain ones, rather than the greasy salted or dry roasted ones!  Nuts are quite high in fat but I think its the 'good'  sorts of fats mostly, although I don't think you're supposed to eat more than a few a week or something daft!

I'm trying to lose a little weight.  I did go down from 15.5 stone to 11 sotne a couple of years back but in the last year have gone up to just under 12 - wouldn't mind just losing half a stone just to get rid of the belly!  Problem with me though is that because I put so much weight on in the first place and have quite a small frame (I'm 6 ft tall but have quite thin wrists/fingers, for instance) I permanantly look a bit flabby.  Its not so bad with clothes on but I can't wear anything too slim-fitting!

Got off to a bad start this year though - my ribs have been permanantly hurting since new year.  I slept on someone's floor and I think I may have slept on my front at some point and put loads of pressure on them.  Anything energetic just makes them hurt so I havent been able to have a good gym session since!!

"Its staring at you in the face Mark, there's only one more sex to try..."

Post #: 52
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 9/1/2007 1:22:47 PM   
Timon

Well i'm 5'11 and just over 15 stone so I want to shed about 2 stone.

Basically, it's all been salad since the 1st and walking to work but on Saturday, i took my girlfriend out of dinner and i'm sure a hearty pasta meal didn't help.

Oh well. On the plus side i reckon i've lost about 2-3 pounds. Come on waist! Shrink damm you!

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 53
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 9/1/2007 1:26:20 PM   
Merly

My 26 inch waist disappeared a long time ago

The She shepherd hot chocolated me, it's her juju.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 54
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 10/1/2007 10:53:46 AM   
Timon

Don't think I ever had one.......ever

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Merly)
Post #: 55
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 10/1/2007 11:08:44 AM   
Evessa

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goodfella

I have to get physically fitter if I want to join the Navy, the marine physical instructor told me Marines have to be the standard of a premiership footballer (gulp!), the army division one, the navy division two/three/conference (christ knows!) and the raf sunday pub football.

So yeah, I got some work to do!

I know what you mean about the RAF, I work for them and there are deffinately a few unfit ones around!!!!!
I'm trying to loose weight too, doesn't help when family insist on buying you chocolate and sweets for Christmas!!!!  just starting swimming along with regular walking sessions to shift those extra pounds.
Anyone here on a diet or are we all just exercising (or dare I say it thinking about exercising/dieting?)

"I know, egg and my face were in alignment" -

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 56
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 10/1/2007 8:12:48 PM   
nomimalone

Well, I joined Weight Watchers tonight. I haven't weighed myself in a very long time so actually seeing my weight written down on my membership card has renewed my determination.

(in reply to Evessa)
Post #: 57
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 10/1/2007 9:50:07 PM   
Dready

Me too. I used to go to the gym regularly and due to financial issues I had to stop, but funny I saw this thread as I have just joined a David Llyoyd gym this evening. The best thing about it is you only have to be a member for a maximum of 3 months if you want to cancel it as most are 12 month contract, and that I live 2 minutes walk away, so no excuses.

Killer Boots man!!

What's up Harry, some philly break your heart?

Nah, it was a girl!

Post #: 58
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 11/1/2007 11:54:15 AM   
MuckyMuckMan

I'm always trying to lose weight, its a constant battle that I never seem to win! I go to the gym twice a week and generally eat quite healthy (apart from the odd curry), but nothing seems to come off. I did lose some weight when I did the Inca Trail in Peru last year but it all went back on when I got back home!!!

My Film Collection:
http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/MuckyMuckMan
Last 5 films seen
The Impossible 3.5/5
Stoker 4/5
Thor: Dark World 3.5/5
The Wolfman (1941) 4/5
All is Lost 5/5

(in reply to Dready)
Post #: 59
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 11/1/2007 12:37:38 PM   
Peter Dragon

Getting married in 7 months!!

Have not taken my top off on a beach in 6 years

I'm not a beached whale by any means, I just hate my small moobs and the doughy belly look.

Working in an office all day does not help and I did actually go to the gym for about 2 months last Oct/Nov ad could see the weight starting to go from my face, just need to stick at it.
Will be playing indoor footie on Mondays and going to the gym at least twice a week between now and July!

I swear.

Fuck land! I'm on a boat motherfucker!

(in reply to MuckyMuckMan)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI