Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 5/1/2007 2:12:39 PM   
Timon

(raises hand)

Time to lose the belly that uni....well, simply reinforced.

Trying to lose 2 stone and so far it's going well.

My new job means i walk to and from work (30 mins) each way, i take the stairs up to my floor (5th floor), take a salad in with me, eat healthly in the evening and do some free weights, pressups and situps and such in the evening.....but the weight has yet to fall off. Maybe because it's been 4 days and i'm impatient.

So what are other people's crazy weight loss ideas? Plans?

Also, monkey nuts (peanuts) good or bad for you? Settle a work debate.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh
Post #: 1
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 5/1/2007 2:20:45 PM   
Merly

Me. I have become way too porky. This time last year I was at least 2 stone lighter.

Now I look at myself in the mirror and I feel sick. I think I'm revolting. So I'm doing something about it. Healthy eating and plenty of exercise. I fished my bike out of the shed yesterday, so providing the weathers not really bad, I am gonna go out on it at least 4 times a week.

I've never been rail thin and I don't wanna be but I'm starting to lose my waist, which I like cos it's usually small and my thighs are starting to look like uncooked pork sausages. I'm not happy with myself.

I have clothes upon clothes that are up in the loft because they don't fit me anymore. I blamed a bad relationship for making me so depressed I just wanted to eat but now I realise that was just an excuse. I let myself go and I'm not proud of it.

The She shepherd hot chocolated me, it's her juju.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 2
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 5/1/2007 2:26:16 PM   
Peppermint

I'm going to give it another go as I have put all the weight I lost before back on.

Peanuts = bad I think even if they are good for the protein.

"Dr Jackson's gonna die when he sees this."

"What, again?"

(in reply to Merly)
Post #: 3
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 5/1/2007 2:32:59 PM   
Dragonfall 5

Yep, me too.  I've really piled it on this past year.  I've got lots of nice healthy fruit and veg at home and I start back at the gym this weekend

++++++ OUT OF CHEESE ERROR ++++++

Please reinstall the universe and reboot

(in reply to Peppermint)
Post #: 4
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 5/1/2007 2:33:28 PM   
tbird

I too am trying to lose a bit. Since going to uni I put on over two stone and I yoyo all over the place so this time I want to lose it and keep it off!!

So far have been too busy and stressed to think about it seriously although I have been super good eating wise with having smaller portions, no bad things like Chocolate and booze.

When things calm down at work I'll start taking it a bit more seriously. But I have no money to join a gym or whatever so I need free exercise! Any ideas greatly appreciated!

"Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain"

(in reply to Peppermint)
Post #: 5
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 5/1/2007 2:41:44 PM   
Peppermint

quote:

ORIGINAL: tbird

I too am trying to lose a bit. Since going to uni I put on over two stone and I yoyo all over the place so this time I want to lose it and keep it off!!

So far have been too busy and stressed to think about it seriously although I have been super good eating wise with having smaller portions, no bad things like Chocolate and booze.

When things calm down at work I'll start taking it a bit more seriously. But I have no money to join a gym or whatever so I need free exercise! Any ideas greatly appreciated!

Actually, the WeightWatchers way is not to give anything up.  You only have to make sure you don't go OTT with things like crisps and chocolate

I find it much harder to stick to if I start depriving myself of foods I like, whether it's healthy or not.

"What, again?"

(in reply to tbird)
Post #: 6
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 5/1/2007 2:44:05 PM   
tbird

I do losely follow the WW points thing. I used to know what the points values of all sorts of foods are but only remember some now. I know I can have 20 a day and I can pretty much work it out in my head. But a bar of choc is like about 6 points I think!

Oh god, a nice lady at work has just handed me a slice of cake! Must resist!!

"Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain"

(in reply to Peppermint)
Post #: 7
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 5/1/2007 2:44:06 PM   
Merly

I lost 3 stone on weight watchers a couple of years ago. It works but the more you lose the less you can eat and it gets really hard to stick to. I've put most of it back on again

(in reply to Peppermint)
Post #: 8
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 5/1/2007 2:47:20 PM   
tbird

It is hard cos once you start you have to stick with it pretty much for life! But if you did it before you can do it again Merly!

(in reply to Merly)
Post #: 9
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 5/1/2007 2:51:30 PM   
Merly

Yeah, it's just the getting started thats hard. I need to motivate myself

(in reply to tbird)
Post #: 10
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 5/1/2007 2:51:38 PM   
Peppermint

quote:

ORIGINAL: Merly

I lost 3 stone on weight watchers a couple of years ago. It works but the more you lose the less you can eat and it gets really hard to stick to. I've put most of it back on again

Well, I always allow myself less points anyway as I can't earn any by going for long walks or going to the gym.

"What, again?"

(in reply to Merly)
Post #: 11
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 5/1/2007 2:53:29 PM   
Timon

I lost 2 stone during my final year at uni just by eating salad, walking and just eating healthly. Now, however i seemed to have reached a plateau and seem unable to lose anymore weight and i want to lose at least another 2 stone.

The question is how do i break through this barrier, i've been the same weight for 10 or so months and it's really annoying.

Hardest thing is temptation from friends and girlfriend especially when you go out for dinner or something. Self control is pushed to its limit.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to tbird)
Post #: 12
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 5/1/2007 2:55:19 PM   
Spartacus

I've got a bit of a belly on me now and seeing some recent photos of me on holiday makes me realise I need to get rid of it. Could do with losing a couple of stone fat wise and putting on a stone or 2 of muscle. Really should use the gym membership I have but I'm too damn lazy 

The Emperor... wants to conquer outer space. Yoda... wants to explore inner space. That's the fundamental difference between the light and dark side of the force.

(in reply to Peppermint)
Post #: 13
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 5/1/2007 2:56:09 PM   
tbird

quote:

ORIGINAL: Merly

Yeah, it's just the getting started thats hard. I need to motivate myself

Tell me about it! I need to get off my arse and actually do some exercise more than anything else.
But it's dark and cold and I can't afford to join a gym/go swimming/go to exercise classes.

I'm thinking of a fitness DVD but that seems to sad!

(in reply to Merly)
Post #: 14
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 5/1/2007 2:57:23 PM   
Peppermint

If you have been doing well with eating healthily then there is no harm in going out for a meal.  I know it's hard to resist having desserts sometimes, but even then one dessert won't ruin all the work you've done.

Some people say you should allow yourself days off from it now and again as well, but I mostly didn't when I was doing it properly.  Having said that, I'm not doing it on my birthday, which is in a couple of months.

"What, again?"

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 15
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 5/1/2007 3:12:58 PM   
jediwarrior

If I could lost my belly I would be very happy. Trouble is I do like eating crisps and chocs and all the good stuff thats bad for you

I been going to the Gym for quite a few years now and it has been good for me, I feel fitter but just can't lose that couple of inches of the belly.

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to Peppermint)
Post #: 16
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 5/1/2007 3:49:21 PM   
Bubba

You can add me to the list.

I've got loads to lose and I want to have made a good start by April. I'm going to try this soup diet thing. No, not the cabbage one.

Boy, the next word that comes out of your mouth better be some brilliant fuckin' Mark Twain shit. 'Cause it's definitely getting chiselled on your tombstone.

I donít condone conflict of any kind, be it star-based or otherwise.

(in reply to jediwarrior)
Post #: 17
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 5/1/2007 3:54:36 PM   
KnightofZyryab

What I'm doing fits in more with returning to my previous level of fitness, but weight loss will obviously be involved. I am actually very slim, but I feeel I need to tone myself up more.

Imminent viewings : The Place Beyond the Pines

Read my blog at: http://alcentrodelaberinto.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Bubba)
Post #: 18
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 5/1/2007 8:55:16 PM   
m_er

Me. I have decided to get rid of my kilos. Wanna lose 10 kilos once and for all.

WHOA. I don't believe what I'm hearing. Check out the BALLS on this kid. Hey Spider, this is for you.

My movies
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=4044070

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 19
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 5/1/2007 9:09:21 PM   
nomimalone

Me too. I've been overweight since I was a child and it's never really bothered me before. I turned 30 last year and can already see the effect being overweight is having on my health as I get older, so now is the time to do something about it. A friend goes to Weight Watchers, so I'm going to join that with him. 

(in reply to m_er)
Post #: 20
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 5/1/2007 10:06:48 PM   
JIm R

I fluctuate a lot to be honest, but settle at around 14 stone which is about a stone too much but I am losing a lot at the mo through a healthier diet and a much calmer existenece plus a settled relationship with someone I deeply love which I think always helps.

(in reply to nomimalone)
Post #: 21
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 6/1/2007 3:53:47 AM   
Wazoo

Not me. I'm a skeleton no matter what crap I absorb.

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 22
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 6/1/2007 7:50:39 AM   
steffols

I have always been a little chubbier than everyone else.  It always kind of bothered me, but the last year, it hasnt.  I lost weight here and there (probably due to some eating problems ive been having, and some problems in the past year), but for the first time, I like the way I look, I realised I can look good without losing weight, and I found someone who thinks Im attractive the way I am.

< Message edited by steffols -- 6/1/2007 8:02:31 AM >

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to Wazoo)
Post #: 23
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 6/1/2007 11:11:29 AM   
Mojo

I've piled on the pounds quite a bit this year, especially since arriving at uni and realising that its pretty easy to become a fatty. Well, today I return to Newcastle to fend for myself at Uni and I'm gonna try really hard to lost some weight. No more crisps is one of my rules, and I'm also gonna try and jog along the Quayside every morning... wonder how long that will last.

Let's shove a stick up that wolf's ass.

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 24
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 6/1/2007 12:40:16 PM   
punchdrunk

I dropped loads of wieght by switching from meat to soy alternatives if you cook them in the right sauces you hardly notice, also i used olive oil to cook which is much healthier for you, cut out pasta as there is very little nutrients in it. 
Also don't cut out things you like just try to moderate them a little bit of chocolate is ok, Red Wine instead of Beer.
Drink a pint of water every few hours.
Fruit always goes off for me so i buy dried raisens they last for years.
Just be consistant the worst thing people do is fad dieting the body can adapt to your new lifestyle but if you keep throwing new ways of eating at it, you wont see any benifit. 

< Message edited by punchdrunk -- 6/1/2007 12:57:15 PM >

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 25
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 7/1/2007 12:34:45 AM   
clarabell

yeah, I want to lose weight this year.  I'd just feel a lot happier in myself if i shifted a couple of stone (and by shift, I mean get rid of, not just move to another place on my body!).

Eating better is top of my list, and I think it's going to be possible this year due to work and uni committments - I'll be pretty busy from now until summer.  I think my bad eating habits arise from being pretty lazy this past year with uni stuff, so I just snack.  Having lots of uni work and a busier job will kinda force me to eat properly and I won't have time to just eat rubbish through the day.

My new job will also mean more exercise - walking to work a few mornings a week, and working with kids all day which will keep me active.  I'm thinking of taking up jogging/running too, but that's something i'll have to do where no-one will see me! 

When I die, bury me up-side down, so the world can kiss my ass

Just because the fucker's got a library card doesn't make him Yoda!

(in reply to punchdrunk)
Post #: 26
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 7/1/2007 12:38:03 AM   
Mozza

I will too.  Like Mojo, I piled on (even more) weight when I came to uni, but this year I'm going to lose weight and kick ass at the same time.

(in reply to clarabell)
Post #: 27
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 7/1/2007 12:42:12 AM   
GhostWriter

I'd actually like to put some on, I'm 6'3 and I'm slightly under the height/weight ratio thing. Mind you I've never been able to in the past, I find if difficult to put on weight.

If anything goes wrong, Desmond Hume will be my constant.

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 28
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 7/1/2007 1:00:31 AM   
Bubba

quote:

ORIGINAL: GhostWriter

I'd actually like to put some on, I'm 6'3 and I'm slightly under the height/weight ratio thing. Mind you I've never been able to in the past, I find if difficult to put on weight.

Guess I'll have to keep sending you more food packages.

Boy, the next word that comes out of your mouth better be some brilliant fuckin' Mark Twain shit. 'Cause it's definitely getting chiselled on your tombstone.

I donít condone conflict of any kind, be it star-based or otherwise.

(in reply to GhostWriter)
Post #: 29
RE: Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? - 7/1/2007 1:03:51 AM   
GhostWriter

That makes me sound like a hobo. That's not the case. I have a fridge.

If anything goes wrong, Desmond Hume will be my constant.

(in reply to Bubba)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Who Else Is Trying To Lose Weight This New Year? Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI