Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

World Exclusive: New 300 Artwork!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> World Exclusive: New 300 Artwork! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
World Exclusive: New 300 Artwork! - 4/1/2007 2:16:12 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Amazing - 4/1/2007 2:16:16 PM   
Stevie

The photos look very cool and the film looks amazing too. Oddly, I'm pretty sure you missed 300 out of your preview of the big films of 2007 in your latest edition - tut tut!!! Can't wait for it none-the-less. 2007 looks like a great year for big movie productions - bring it on!!!!!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Not hungry - 4/1/2007 2:57:12 PM   
domconlon

The graphic design on this is lovely and they make for ver cool posters but I still can't shift the feeling that the film just looks wrong. A lone opinion, I know. And he's saying "tonight, we dine in hell" like it's a good thing. He won't get anywhere with that attitude.

Post #: 3
RE: Amazing - 4/1/2007 3:12:23 PM   
Acho

The images on the posters look great, ripped abs a-plenty. Although, allowing a moment's nit-picking, the font looks a tad clumsy, as if the poster were a fan work-up. I'd still hang them on my wall though!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stevie
Oddly, I'm pretty sure you missed 300 out of your preview of the big films of 2007 in your latest edition - tut tut!!!

I was thinking that yesterday too! Although technically it was a preview for the summer months, so 300 misses out, being a March release. I'm just hoping it gets full coverage in one or both of the next two editions of Empire. A front cover by any chance? Please?!

(in reply to Stevie)
Post #: 4
RE: Not hungry - 4/1/2007 3:17:31 PM   
lukeyboy

Fair play to ya, but i reckon exactly the opposite,..i think 300 will be if not the best, then definetely the coolest film of 2007. A bold statement i hear you cry,..well yes it is, but i can tell you that the the graphic novel is brilliant as are the two trailers i have seen, so if you like films that make you sit back in your chair wide eyed saying nothing but "coooooooool" every so often and think a bross between Braveheart and Sin City is a good thing,.... trust me, you're gonna love it!

I feel like i'm Han Solo, your Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi - and we're in that FUCKED UP bar!!

(in reply to domconlon)
Post #: 5
Query - 4/1/2007 3:48:21 PM   
DGE Fuller

"You will not enjoy this!" isn't something you'd want written on a poster designed to promote your film to its potential audience, is it? I saw the trailer with Pan's Labyrinth, it looks incredible, backed with a bit of NIN too! Nice.

Post #: 6
- 4/1/2007 4:14:21 PM   
giospurs

"You will not enjoy this!"
Whatever they're trying to do with that line it's just a terrible tagline.

Post #: 7
- 4/1/2007 5:33:26 PM   
doctorolorinbats1975

Dining in Hell? This film looks Heavenly actually.

Post #: 8
RE: - 4/1/2007 5:37:32 PM   
lukeyboy

Agreed, "You will not enjoy this" is not a very clever tag line for a poster, and come to think of it, as far as tag lines go, what i have seen has left me puzzled. Apart from the above, there is another awful line at the end of the new trailer..."we're in for one wild night!",...i mean this line sounds like it belongs in trailer to a John Hughes movie! But on the other hand i love the whole "Tonight we dine in Hell" and "THIS IS SPARTA" malarkey. I guess the jury's out, but i'm looking forward to 300 big time!! 

I feel like i'm Han Solo, your Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi - and we're in that FUCKED UP bar!!

(in reply to giospurs)
Post #: 9
RE: World Exclusive: New 300 Artwork! - 5/1/2007 5:29:44 PM   
Old Peculiar

Just for the folk that think some of the trailer lines are a bit cheesy....most of them were infact reported by Herodoctus, (ancient Greek scribe guy), as being accurate or supposedly said at Thermopylae. The lines about 'dining in Hell', (or Hades if we are being picky), 'fighting them in the shade', and the 'one wild night' are all there in ancient text.  And anyway this is based on the FM graphic novel, and yes those lines are in there too.

Post #: 10
Tonight We Dine In Hell! - 7/1/2007 3:32:10 PM   
DGE Fuller

Because you have to book early to get into Four Seasons?

Post #: 11
- 8/1/2007 6:57:23 PM   
Big Red

I think these are a little lack luster to be honest.
Anybody know what agency did these

Post #: 12
- 8/1/2007 6:57:32 PM   
Big Red

I think these are a little lack luster to be honest.
Anybody know what agency did these?

Post #: 13
The Battle of Sin City - 12/1/2007 7:21:39 PM   
The Jackle

Anybody noticed how these posters follow the exact same formula as the Sin City ones? A series of posters each one focusing on one central character each, all of them in an iconic pose, each one with one of the best lines that hints as to the characters nature without actually giving anything away. For those uneducated on the subject Frank Miller wrote both Sin City and 300. And although these posters do kick ass visually they are pretty lazy.

Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> World Exclusive: New 300 Artwork! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI