Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Charlie Brookers Screen Wipe Appreciation Thead

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Charlie Brookers Screen Wipe Appreciation Thead Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Charlie Brookers Screen Wipe Appreciation Thead - 21/1/2010 5:30:54 PM   
Lazy wolf eyes

Enjoyed it muchly. Tim Key's poem was fantastic.  

If God had wanted us to walk everywhere he wouldn't have given us Little Chefs.

(in reply to Filmfan 2)
Post #: 181
RE: Charlie Brookers Screen Wipe Appreciation Thead - 21/1/2010 9:45:59 PM   
BlueBalls

Great it's back.

It was excellent that they got Doug Stanhope in again to do a segment. I'm a big fan of his.

< Message edited by BlueBalls -- 21/1/2010 9:48:32 PM >

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation
I declare undying love to BlueBalls.

(in reply to Lazy wolf eyes)
Post #: 182
RE: Charlie Brookers Screen Wipe Appreciation Thead - 22/1/2010 10:29:56 AM   
Filmfan 2

quote:

ORIGINAL: BlueBalls

Great it's back.

It was excellent that they got Doug Stanhope in again to do a segment. I'm a big fan of his.

Loved his intro:

"I'm Doug Stanhope, and that's why I drink".

I am not drinkin' any fuckin' Merlot!

"All I wanted me was a piece of cornbread, you motherfuckers!"

Defender of all things Batman Begins

(in reply to BlueBalls)
Post #: 183
RE: Charlie Brookers Screen Wipe Appreciation Thead - 2/1/2013 4:35:04 PM   
Qwerty Norris

Anyone catch Brooker's look back on 2012? It'll be on the iplayer now.

Genuinely horrified over entertainment tonight's comparison between the Italian boat tragedy and Titanic (the film, NOT the actual real life event).

Always good to see Mr. Stanhope make a return - and I couldn't agree more regarding the Grand National.

Don't know whether it was deliberate or not (might have happened too late in the year for it to be included), but I'm glad he didn't talk about the recent American shooting. After his own take on media & massacres three years back, it seemed fitting to ignore it.

And did that Andrew Lloyd Webber/Jesus Christ Superstar carcrash actually make it to air?

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to Filmfan 2)
Post #: 184
RE: Charlie Brookers Screen Wipe Appreciation Thead - 2/1/2013 4:52:01 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: Qwerty Norris

Genuinely horrified over entertainment tonight's comparison between the Italian boat tragedy and Titanic (the film, NOT the actual real life event).

I could NOT believe that. Genuinely flabbergasted.

quote:

And did that Andrew Lloyd Webber/Jesus Christ Superstar carcrash actually make it to air?

It did. The missus watched it.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Qwerty Norris)
Post #: 185
RE: Charlie Brookers Screen Wipe Appreciation Thead - 2/1/2013 4:54:15 PM   
Rebenectomy

Just caught it on i player. He said at the end that he'd see us in a few weeks, is there another series on the way?

Body Hair Beautiful: An Armpits for August Special
http://www.lipstogetherandblow.com/2013/07/body-beautiful.html

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 186
RE: Charlie Brookers Screen Wipe Appreciation Thead - 2/1/2013 4:58:27 PM   
jcthefirst

Yeah, weekly Newswipe. I think.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Rebenectomy)
Post #: 187
RE: Charlie Brookers Screen Wipe Appreciation Thead - 2/1/2013 5:15:46 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

Yeah, weekly Newswipe. I think.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 188
RE: Charlie Brookers Screen Wipe Appreciation Thead - 2/1/2013 5:21:50 PM   
giggity

I've mentioned this on this forum twice today but his ill-informed view on Dark Knight Rises along with things he has said in the past regarding Avengers and Rises annoyed me quite a bit. For a guy that likes to make fun of when people are being ridiculous, he was quite narrow minded on that subject.

(in reply to Kenny)
Post #: 189
RE: Charlie Brookers Screen Wipe Appreciation Thead - 2/1/2013 5:26:25 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: giggity

I've mentioned this on this forum twice today but his ill-informed view on Dark Knight Rises along with things he has said in the past regarding Avengers and Rises annoyed me quite a bit. For a guy that likes to make fun of when people are being ridiculous, he was quite narrow minded on that subject.

Yeah,he went abit twat-ish on that note,but hey-ho.
And (off-topic) also 10 O'Clock Live news isn't all that.It has its moments but I'm not a fan of Mitchell nor Carr.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 2/1/2013 8:21:07 PM >

(in reply to giggity)
Post #: 190
RE: Charlie Brookers Screen Wipe Appreciation Thead - 2/1/2013 5:56:27 PM   
Qwerty Norris

quote:

I would agree, but his view on Rises is hardly a unique point of view. You only have to check the forum here to see that.

And he didn't say it was bad, so that's fine with me.

But yeah, I do get a wee bit miffed when folk are dismissive of it and the other Nolan Bats films in general simply because they don't conform to the disposable escapist fun format which many seem to feel is the only world a superhero character can be successfully portrayed in (something I strongly disagree with). Fair enough if they're not to everyone's cup of tea or if they don't work for some, but I find this "emperor has no clothes" garbage which I hear far too often extremely patronising & narrow-minded.

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to giggity)
Post #: 191
RE: Charlie Brookers Screen Wipe Appreciation Thead - 2/1/2013 7:56:59 PM   
giggity

quote:

quote:

I would agree, but his view on Rises is hardly a unique point of view. You only have to check the forum here to see that.

And he didn't say it was bad, so that's fine with me.

But yeah, I do get a wee bit miffed when folk are dismissive of it and the other Nolan Bats films in general simply because they don't conform to the disposable escapist fun format which many seem to feel is the only world a superhero character can be successfully portrayed in (something I strongly disagree with). Fair enough if they're not to everyone's cup of tea or if they don't work for some, but I find this "emperor has no clothes" garbage which I hear far too often extremely patronising & narrow-minded.

Well I think him dismissing it as pretentious and that the adam west batman was a better film because it knew what it was which was camp and 'fun' made it seem like he didnt like it, i mean you dont really call the things you like 'pretentious' do you? I just found it really ill-informed that he said they called it the dark knight because it makes it sound a lot more serious, when it's called that because he's had that nickname for decades.

It's also because of how earlier in the year he tweeted 'why would i watch avengers, it's for children' and in an article he wrote he branded rises and avengers as chadult movies, films which are made for kids which adults go to see out of irony (avengers) or pretentiousness (rises). He dismisses rises for the supposed pretentiousness and for not accepting what its 'supposed' to be, then he's given Avengers which does the opposite of everything he criticised Rises for only for him to brand it as childish and people only go to see it out of irony. It just seemed completely ridiculous and hating for the sake of hating, as one forumer pointed out, Brooker is a massive fan of computer games, if i said to him 'i dont play games, they're for kids' or branded a game like LA Noire as pretentious and it should be something like sonic or mario, he would think i'm a complete prick.

< Message edited by giggity -- 2/1/2013 7:58:39 PM >

Post #: 192
RE: Charlie Brookers Screen Wipe Appreciation Thead - 2/1/2013 8:06:58 PM   
Lazy wolf eyes

I think it's worth keeping in mind that Charlie most probably had his tongue firmly in cheek and was probably more a reaction to the superhero genre as a whole becoming 'darker' and therefore being deemed more 'worthy'.

Anyway... Loved to see this back again (especially Barry Shitpeas) especially enjoyed his mocking of the Jubilee (and Kay Burley).

(in reply to giggity)
Post #: 193
RE: Charlie Brookers Screen Wipe Appreciation Thead - 2/1/2013 8:35:48 PM   
Qwerty Norris

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lazy wolf eyes

I think it's worth keeping in mind that Charlie most probably had his tongue firmly in cheek and was probably more a reaction to the superhero genre as a whole becoming 'darker' and therefore being deemed more 'worthy'.

Agreed.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lazy wolf eyes
Anyway... Loved to see this back again (especially Barry Shitpeas) especially enjoyed his mocking of the Jubilee (and Kay Burley).

Very much agreed.

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
10. Wreck-it Ralph

Post #: 194
RE: Charlie Brookers Screen Wipe Appreciation Thead - 2/1/2013 9:53:06 PM   
Mister Coe

I've been a huge fan of Brooker for a long time, but I didn't laugh once during his new Screenwipe.

He is now a succesful Media figure, hopefully making shitloads of money and with a fit wife and a kiddie. God bless him for that, I wish I was in the same position!

But... he isn't very funny anymore!

No matter... if the BBC want an idiot who will talk venemous bollocks about everything that he hates, I am available!

Seriously, BBC, call me...

Say what now?

Post #: 195
RE: Charlie Brookers Screen Wipe Appreciation Thead - 3/1/2013 2:21:47 PM   
ElephantBoy

Mostly it was good fun, with some grim subjects well handled. The one part I didn't like was the piss take of New Yorkers following the Hurricane which pretty much seem to be saying, "Post 911 Americans weren't very neighboury, so why should I expect help now?" Thought it was pretty weak and should have been cut from the show.

On the subject of TDR its possible Brooker loved it, it would just seem odd to priase a film on such a show.

< Message edited by ElephantBoy -- 3/1/2013 2:25:02 PM >

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 196
RE: Charlie Brookers Screen Wipe Appreciation Thead - 3/1/2013 2:49:22 PM   
horribleives

He can think what he likes about The Dark Knight Rises and The Avengers but I find it ironic that he dismisses them as kids films when he takes every available opportunity to suck off Dr Who. And he wrote a schlocky tv series about zombies.
Though I was glad to see I wasn't the only one who picked up on the similarities between the climax of TDKR and the 'sometimes you just can't get rid of a bomb' bit in the '60s film.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 197
RE: Charlie Brookers Screen Wipe Appreciation Thead - 3/1/2013 3:09:04 PM   
emogeek

quote:

The most unbelievable part of that was how they kept referring to it a a "real life Titanic".

Has not one single person on that network heard of the Titanic? Which, to me, is probably more deserving of being called "a real life Titanic". Seeing as how it happened in real life....

The Fear Of Blood Tends To Create Fear For The Flesh

Have you ever been halfway through eating a horse and then realised you weren't as hungry as you thought you were?

Post #: 198
RE: Charlie Brookers Screen Wipe Appreciation Thead - 4/1/2013 12:51:03 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

Well I think him dismissing it as pretentious and that the adam west batman was a better film because it knew what it was which was camp and 'fun' made it seem like he didnt like it, i mean you dont really call the things you like 'pretentious' do you? I just found it really ill-informed that he said they called it the dark knight because it makes it sound a lot more serious, when it's called that because he's had that nickname for decades.

It's also because of how earlier in the year he tweeted 'why would i watch avengers, it's for children' and in an article he wrote he branded rises and avengers as chadult movies, films which are made for kids which adults go to see out of irony (avengers) or pretentiousness (rises). He dismisses rises for the supposed pretentiousness and for not accepting what its 'supposed' to be, then he's given Avengers which does the opposite of everything he criticised Rises for only for him to brand it as childish and people only go to see it out of irony. It just seemed completely ridiculous and hating for the sake of hating, as one forumer pointed out, Brooker is a massive fan of computer games, if i said to him 'i dont play games, they're for kids' or branded a game like LA Noire as pretentious and it should be something like sonic or mario, he would think i'm a complete prick.

Its a tongue in cheek comment about a distinctly average film which is pretty pretentious.

There is a decent number of film goers who think TDK and Rises are pretty disappointing films given unwarranted kudos because of Nolans involvement. This is nothing new, you just have to remember all the fuss around The Two Towers and Return of the King being considered 2 of the greatest films ever made on here. Give it a few years and I'm sure these films will find their appropriate level, and you might not get quite so precious about them.

A film geek grumbling about someone hating for the sake of hating does have a delicious irony about it.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to giggity)
Post #: 199
RE: Charlie Brookers Screen Wipe Appreciation Thead - 4/1/2013 12:54:33 PM   
indysgill

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Coe

I've been a huge fan of Brooker for a long time, but I didn't laugh once during his new Screenwipe.

He is now a succesful Media figure, hopefully making shitloads of money and with a fit wife and a kiddie. God bless him for that, I wish I was in the same position!

No matter... if the BBC want an idiot who will talk venemous bollocks about everything that he hates, I am available!

Don't they have Barry Shitpeas for that?

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 200
RE: Charlie Brookers Screen Wipe Appreciation Thead - 4/1/2013 3:39:23 PM   
giggity

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

quote:

Its a tongue in cheek comment about a distinctly average film which is pretty pretentious.

There is a decent number of film goers who think TDK and Rises are pretty disappointing films given unwarranted kudos because of Nolans involvement. This is nothing new, you just have to remember all the fuss around The Two Towers and Return of the King being considered 2 of the greatest films ever made on here. Give it a few years and I'm sure these films will find their appropriate level, and you might not get quite so precious about them.

A film geek grumbling about someone hating for the sake of hating does have a delicious irony about it.

It doesn't really have any irony because i'm not hating on him for the sake of hating on him. i'm just saying that he complained about problems he had with a film, then when given a film which had none of those problems he complained about it for ridiculous reasons.

And I would say that it's not pretentious. Seems that whenever a film tries to be something a bit different and maybe it doesn't hold up in someone's eyes then it's labelled pretentious. It can't just be that they don't like the film and they simply don't gel together, instead they have to attack the the intent of the film.
Despite the more realistic take of the films, everything that is in those films is in the comics. So you or Brooker or anyone criticising it for not knowing what it is or sticking to what it's 'supposed' to be obviously doesn't know much about the character. There have been tonnes of interpretations of the character over the years, from the camp, to the noir, to the dark fantasy to the pulp adventurer to the realistic. Burton's was the dark fantasy, West's and Schumacher's was the camp, and Nolan's was the realistic. Nolan's was just this version of the character and hopefully the next set of films will be different too. Just because it doesn't shape up to how you view it should be does not make it pretentious. It simply means you didn't like it. nothing wrong with that but don't try and make your opinion seem higher by debasing what the film is and as an effect, the people who do enjoy the films.

and for what it's worth I think the two towers and return of the king aswell as fellowship of the ring are some of the best films ever made. I think you'll find a lot of people who agree aswell as a lot of people who enjoy these Nolan, Batman films.

< Message edited by giggity -- 4/1/2013 3:41:37 PM >

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 201
RE: Charlie Brookers Screen Wipe Appreciation Thead - 4/1/2013 4:24:34 PM   
KnightofZyryab

quote:

quote:

quote:

And I would say that it's not pretentious. Seems that whenever a film tries to be something a bit different and maybe it doesn't hold up in someone's eyes then it's labelled pretentious. It can't just be that they don't like the film and they simply don't gel together, instead they have to attack the the intent of the film.
Despite the more realistic take of the films, everything that is in those films is in the comics. So you or Brooker or anyone criticising it for not knowing what it is or sticking to what it's 'supposed' to be obviously doesn't know much about the character. There have been tonnes of interpretations of the character over the years, from the camp, to the noir, to the dark fantasy to the pulp adventurer to the realistic. Burton's was the dark fantasy, West's and Schumacher's was the camp, and Nolan's was the realistic. Nolan's was just this version of the character and hopefully the next set of films will be different too. Just because it doesn't shape up to how you view it should be does not make it pretentious. It simply means you didn't like it. nothing wrong with that but don't try and make your opinion seem higher by debasing what the film is and as an effect, the people who do enjoy the films.

Couldn't have said it better myself. People can dislike the film if they want, but calling it pretentious is such a lazy and uninformed way of criticising it. Infuriatingly, whether something is or isn't pretentious has become one of the most common phrases of film criticism and it's usually not accompanied by anything to back such an assertion up. Assuming Brooker meant what he said, his way of criticising TDKR for being bold enough to move away from the campness of the Adam West Batman is just stupid, and added to that, quite possibly meant to rile. As an argument, it's very much a 'know your station' (or genre) type criticism. Because with Brooker's background, he should know the multiple iterations the character has gone through, and that Nolan's vision is another of those iterations. Which is why I'm fairly sure he was exaggerating for effect, although he may not have liked the film.

The show overall was very funny though - the Olympics was the best, and when Barry Shitpeas called the Leveson Inquiry the 'Lesbian Inquiry'.

Imminent viewings : The Place Beyond the Pines

Read my blog at: http://alcentrodelaberinto.blogspot.com/

(in reply to giggity)
Post #: 202
RE: Charlie Brookers Screen Wipe Appreciation Thead - 4/1/2013 4:38:28 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

You seem to have covered his point perfectly with your "if you don't like it you don't understand it" rhetoric.

Nolans Batman isn't realistic (I don't think its supposed to be either) but fanboys paint that tag on it to seemingly give it some gravitas it shouldn't have.
The intent of the film isn't being attacked, its the bollocks spouted about it trying to make it out to be something it isn't as if its something unique and new.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to giggity)
Post #: 203
RE: Charlie Brookers Screen Wipe Appreciation Thead - 4/1/2013 5:07:23 PM   
giggity

quote:

You seem to have covered his point perfectly with your "if you don't like it you don't understand it" rhetoric.

Nolans Batman isn't realistic (I don't think its supposed to be either) but fanboys paint that tag on it to seemingly give it some gravitas it shouldn't have.
The intent of the film isn't being attacked, its the bollocks spouted about it trying to make it out to be something it isn't as if its something unique and new.

No I haven't because I was saying that if you only accept one version then you obviously don't know much about the character, which is true.. Batman is so many of those things that to say that it's not one specific thing isn't having a clear view of the character. One of the reasons the character has endured for decades is because it's constantly reinvented.
I didn't mean it was fully realistic but it is more realistic than the previous iterations and you just have to look at the films to see it's more realistic like The Joker face just being paint instead of bleached by acid, Bane's mask being a pain killer rather than some sort of super steroid and a lot of Batman's gadgets being unproduced products from Wayne enterprises. Obviously it's a comic book movie so will always contain elements of the grand and ridiculous but the approach is more realistic, it's not in an attempt to give it gravitas or importance, it's looking at the film and clearly seeing the approach is more realistic.

And when Begins first came along it was something new, no-one had tackled Batman the way Begins did. Burton's films were good but they weren't really big on the character of Bruce Wayne. They were Burton's dark fantasy films where he was more focused on the villains than the hero. So when people saw it they thought "Wow, I never knew Batman was like this!" It went into the character more, it had more of a story than the others previously did, it wasn't focused purely on the spectacle and when it came to spectacle it was mostly physically shot rather than CGI which again impressed people and caused them to talk about it like it was something new. So it's not bollocks if someone says that it goes deeper into the character or motivations and psychology behind the character, its not bollocks if someone calls the films grand epics because for what they're trying to achieve they are, if someone applauds the tone of taking the real-world approach to Batman, it's the truth. Now you can dislike all of those things because you feel they don't work, or they're not pulled off very well. But labelling them as pretentious is (as mentioned above) a lazy criticism and ignorant of what has come before.

< Message edited by giggity -- 4/1/2013 5:08:49 PM >

Post #: 204
RE: Charlie Brookers Screen Wipe Appreciation Thead - 4/1/2013 5:57:02 PM   
KnightofZyryab

quote:

No, that's the way you're twisting my words. I never once said that people who don't like it don't understand it, nor did I imply that was the case. I said that if people dislike the film fair enough, and I've read plenty of perfectly justified criticism of the film - I don't think it is a perfect film myself. But to insinuate I'm just condescending people that didn't like the film is a big leap to make and which doesn't fit in between the words I actually said. I said that I think the line of criticism that argues the film is pretentious for moving away from the more light hearted versions of the character is a weak one, when the character has gone through multiple interpretations, with no 'true' interpretation.

quote:

Nolan's Batmans are supposed to be realistic - he has mentioned this intention in interviews many times.

quote:

but fanboys paint that tag on it to seemingly give it some gravitas it shouldn't have.

Ah the fanboy insult - no different from a straw man attack.

quote:

Well fair enough. Ultimately however, some people will argue that it's unique and new, others against that notion. They're differing view points and just as valid as the other, subjective opinions and all that.

Apologies to everyone else since this has gone way off topic over something that was probably innocuous, so I'll leave it there.

Imminent viewings : The Place Beyond the Pines

Read my blog at: http://alcentrodelaberinto.blogspot.com/

Post #: 205
RE: Charlie Brookers Screen Wipe Appreciation Thead - 4/1/2013 11:01:17 PM   
Mister Coe

quote:

ORIGINAL: indysgill

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Coe

Don't they have Barry Shitpeas for that?

I am better than Barry Shitpeas.

Wow... there's a sentance you don't say very often...

Say what now?

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 206
RE: Charlie Brookers Screen Wipe Appreciation Thead - 4/1/2013 11:20:36 PM   
Lazy wolf eyes

Re: Realism in the Nolan films, they do still involve a vigilante dressing up as a giant bat - which is an inherently ridiculous idea. Pretty sure that was what Brooker was poking fun at, I don't think he was being entirely serious.

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 207
RE: Charlie Brookers Screen Wipe Appreciation Thead - 5/1/2013 12:30:21 PM   
spark1

shame the emphasis on news is getting in the way of brooker covering the year's telly.
no much on US shows time.

Post #: 208
RE: Charlie Brookers Screen Wipe Appreciation Thead - 5/1/2013 12:34:23 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

shame the emphasis on news is getting in the way of brooker covering the year's telly.
no much on US shows time.

Yeah,I thought that.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 209
RE: Charlie Brookers Screen Wipe Appreciation Thead - 5/1/2013 5:32:53 PM   
Super Hans

I watched it on iPlayer last night, never seen any of Charlie Brooker's TV output before (read one of his books  though, and have another to go on my shelf).  Very funny!

The bit that made me laugh the most was the segment on the Leveson enquiry - pretty much summed up why the whole thing grated on me and just seemed like a vain, red carpet affair for a truckload of celebs to moan about the press!  Suggesting that Chris Jeffries should be grateful to the press for pointing out how weird his har looked was the icing on the cake!

The TDKR thing made me chuckle - he's obviously had the desired effect by hacking off all the uber-fans.  I like those films as much as anyone, but yeah, ultimately they're very, very good superhero films - not high art, all time cinematic classics.  Comparing the ending to the "somedays you just can't get rid of a bomb" scene in the Adam West film was a good one.

Hard not to agree that not one person involved with Entertainment Tonight didn't seem to realise that the sinking of the Titanic was, in fact, a real event in history is pretty appalling and fightening!

"Its staring at you in the face Mark, there's only one more sex to try..."

Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Charlie Brookers Screen Wipe Appreciation Thead Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI