Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Actors And Auteurs >> RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 9/3/2007 12:26:38 PM   
filmburner30

The italians seem to have a flair for Horror ,thats original and frightning i am a huge fan of it i must say

"Where are you calling from Milo?"
"The bottom of the pool?"

"Im The Anti Christ.You got me in a Vendetta kind of mood"

"Come back Alan , You Wanker!"

"Your a Doctor,Deal with it"

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 121
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 9/3/2007 6:59:49 PM   
evil bill

It has arived the wonderful the surreal gothic shocker INFERNO so tonight the wife will leave the room before she screams herself to death.

"You listen to me now,i will find you and i will kill you!"

(in reply to filmburner30)
Post #: 122
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 12/3/2007 12:35:33 PM   
filmburner30

When oh when will Inferno come out here?
Surely with the final part of the trilogy in the works we should have it on UK dvd 

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 123
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 14/3/2007 9:12:47 AM   
evil bill

quote:

ORIGINAL: filmburner30

Surely with the final part of the trilogy in the works we should have it on UK dvd 

The only word i've heard is there will be a Three Mothers region 1 box set sometime towards the end of the year.And more bad news looks like there will be no UK release of The Third Mother,only North Amercia,Asia and main land Europe.

Post #: 124
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 14/3/2007 9:58:40 AM   
dj vivace

Why oh why are we being left out!!!!! This is not fair and something needs to be done!! 

you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!

See more of my reviews here under the name Matt Wavish :
Horror Cult Film Reviews

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 125
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 14/3/2007 3:06:56 PM   
filmburner30

quote:

ORIGINAL: evil bill

quote:

The only word i've heard is there will be a Three Mothers region 1 box set sometime towards the end of the year.And more bad news looks like there will be no UK release of The Third Mother,only North Amercia,Asia and main land Europe.
We need to put this to rights straight away what bollo not giving it a release here i mean look at most of the shit horror films that do get a release.
there is no justice in this cold fickle world come on uk distributors get this sorted

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 126
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 15/3/2007 3:33:23 PM   
evil bill

The only place in the UK that seems to get any of the Argento movies is London,but the last 2 movies where not even shown there,as there is now a lack of independent cinema chains.This is due to the large comercial chains pumping out movies for money only,and no interest in well made movies,except if like Ring they do realy big in the States.

Post #: 127
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 15/3/2007 3:38:04 PM   
filmburner30

quote:

The only place in the UK that seems to get any of the Argento movies is London,but the last 2 movies where not even shown there,as there is now a lack of independent cinema chains.This is due to the large comercial chains pumping out movies for money only,and no interest in well made movies,except if like Ring they do realy big in the States.
Then lets hope Anchor Bay or Tartan Films get hold of it at give it a showing even if it is only in London.
There is also the vain hope it might be ready for this years frightfest fingers crossed

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 128
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 15/3/2007 5:29:37 PM   
evil bill

I think Frightfest and other horror film festvials our are only hope of seeing it on the big screen.It's being shown in Cannes but somone stole my private jet,so i'm stuck here in cukoo land.It's a bloody shame we have to put up with second rate sequals from the states,because the distributers here hav'nt the gut's to show some real horror movies,unless there made for kid's.

Post #: 129
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 15/3/2007 7:40:55 PM   
dj vivace

Sequels, prequels re-makes is all America seem to do at the moment and it pisses me off!! I still don't get why Argento's new film won't be shown here becaise there's obviously a market for his stuff

you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!

Horror Cult Film Reviews

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 130
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 16/3/2007 12:14:03 PM   
filmburner30

quote:

ORIGINAL: dj vivace

Sequels, prequels re-makes is all America seem to do at the moment and it pisses me off!! I still don't get why Argento's new film won't be shown here becaise there's obviously a market for his stuff
tooo right there is come on film distributors wake up!!!!

(in reply to dj vivace)
Post #: 131
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 17/3/2007 10:49:38 AM   
evil bill

quote:

Have you watched the rest of the Dario Argento box set yet?

(in reply to dj vivace)
Post #: 132
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 18/3/2007 10:19:32 AM   
evil bill

Release date for:            DARIO ARGENTOS
                  THE THIRD MOTHER
                           31st OCTOBER 2007 Halloween.
This is hopfully set in stone,and Medusa the distribitor say's it's going for the widest relesse yet for an Argento movie,so it's going for the Halloween hoilday.But it's asked Argento to make cuts to the movie,as it is extremely violent,and it belives even the most hardened censor would find it in it's present cut to much to certified.They want the R rating for North Amercia,so as to get the widest release posible,and 18 for the UK without rubbing up the censors the wrong way.

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 133
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 18/3/2007 12:03:27 PM   
dj vivace

Oooh, sounds good. Wish it was out sooner, but hey, all good things come to those who wait! So is that a cinema release then? And no, i haven't watched anymore of the Argento boxset, i've already seen Demons and Phenomena, so i'll watch the rest at some point. It's just theres been a lot of films to watch recently

Horror Cult Film Reviews

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 134
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 18/3/2007 12:20:11 PM   
evil bill

quote:

Oooh, sounds good. Wish it was out sooner, but hey, all good things come to those who wait! So is that a cinema release then? And no, i haven't watched anymore of the Argento boxset, i've already seen Demons and Phenomena, so i'll watch the rest at some point. It's just theres been a lot of films to watch recently

Yes it's the Cinema relessse,but just like INLAND EMPIRE  it maybe only selected screens in the UK,yet the North Amercians well get it in there local Mulit plex,just perfect Halloween movie.

(in reply to dj vivace)
Post #: 135
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 19/3/2007 1:03:13 PM   
filmburner30

Oh well Looks like a trip to London on October 31st then IF it does get a uk release

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 136
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 19/3/2007 6:21:31 PM   
evil bill

If you've a mulit region player,there's a 2 disc SE of THE STENDHAL SYNDROME,which is getting the full remastering treament by Blue Underground.Which will be released later this year sept/october?.This one is long overdue a good remastering.

Post #: 137
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 19/3/2007 7:42:59 PM   
dj vivace

Cool! The version of the Stendhal Syndrome i've got is a 2 films on 1 disk version. On the flip side is Pariah, a very cheap and tacky version of Romper Stomper so i could do with an updated version. Will this be uncut then?

Horror Cult Film Reviews

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 138
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 20/3/2007 12:15:27 PM   
evil bill

quote:

Cool! The version of the Stendhal Syndrome i've got is a 2 films on 1 disk version. On the flip side is Pariah, a very cheap and tacky version of Romper Stomper so i could do with an updated version. Will this be uncut then?

Yes,it will be a region 1 release,and will be the full uncut version,the way Argento meant his fans to seethis classic.It's a shame Medusa is looking for cuts in the final Mothers movie before release.Hopfully the full uncut version will turn up sometime on DVD.

(in reply to dj vivace)
Post #: 139
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 20/3/2007 6:28:25 PM   
dj vivace

Would i be right in saying that all of Argento's films have been cut by the bbfc and then released much later uncut?

Horror Cult Film Reviews

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 140
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 20/3/2007 7:29:20 PM   
evil bill

quote:

Would i be right in saying that all of Argento's films have been cut by the bbfc and then released much later uncut?

Yes BBFC where always a bit heavy handed with Argento and other Italian horror directors work.But lately they have( as far as 18 cinema releases) been a lot more willing to let the public decide.

(in reply to dj vivace)
Post #: 141
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 22/3/2007 12:36:31 PM   
filmburner30

Saw Jennifer last Nite on FTN it was ok but not really scary although Claudio Simmonettis Music was pretty good .
Still want to see the Other Masters of Horror Argento did ,Pelts 

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 142
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 23/3/2007 1:28:40 PM   
evil bill

quote:

Saw Jennifer last Nite on FTN it was ok but not really scary although Claudio Simmonettis Music was pretty good .
Still want to see the Other Masters of Horror Argento did ,Pelts 

PELTS wa shown on US TV and should trun up on Bravo soon,and then FTN,it's a shame BBC 2 or Chanel 4 do'nt pick up Masters Of Horror.The reviews for Pelts are very good,and Meat Loaf plays the main role.As for Jennifer,i know it was'nt scary,but i lovede the story line and acting,and of course Argento's direction.Even within the confines of a made for TV production,it's well put togetter,and yes the music is great.

Post #: 143
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 23/3/2007 3:50:32 PM   
filmburner30

Too true Evil Bill i wish one of the more mainstream channels had picked up Masters of Horror its perfect scary 11 o clock Friday nite fodder

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 144
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 23/3/2007 6:35:22 PM   
evil bill

That's always been the problem with Italian Horror movies too,the main stream channels avoid them like the plague.Except for Channel 4 and BBC 2 a lot of these movies would never get aired,though lately there has been a very large lack of these type of movies.Love to get the Horror double bill again on a friday night.

Post #: 145
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 26/3/2007 1:00:36 PM   
filmburner30

quote:

That's always been the problem with Italian Horror movies too,the main stream channels avoid them like the plague.Except for Channel 4 and BBC 2 a lot of these movies would never get aired,though lately there has been a very large lack of these type of movies.Love to get the Horror double bill again on a friday night.
Yeah i miss those Creeping Flesh and Profondo Rosso  type double bills bring em back

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 146
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 26/3/2007 6:13:52 PM   
evil bill

Hard to believe but SUSIPRIA is thirty years old next month.I remember reading about it in Starbrust magazine.Which got me interested in Italian Horror movies.Susipria was only shown in the Odeon in Leicester square back in 1977,but what a venue to see such a masterful surreal horror movie,with it's state of the art Dolby stereo sound system(at the time this was the best in the UK).And the reviewer at the time was more than impressed with the sound effects and music by Golbin.Which made this the most chilling movie the 20th century.And it still sends shivers down the spine,the set piece murders are just so grand guillotine.It starts as a crime thriller then turns on it's head into a Gothic horror,with a visual style copied but never bettered.
If only i could of seen it like the reviewer of the time,now that would have been most excellent.

< Message edited by evil bill -- 26/3/2007 6:16:41 PM >

Post #: 147
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 27/3/2007 12:31:23 PM   
filmburner30

quote:

Hard to believe but SUSIPRIA is thirty years old next month.I remember reading about it in Starbrust magazine.Which got me interested in Italian Horror movies.Susipria was only shown in the Odeon in Leicester square back in 1977,but what a venue to see such a masterful surreal horror movie,with it's state of the art Dolby stereo sound system(at the time this was the best in the UK).And the reviewer at the time was more than impressed with the sound effects and music by Golbin.Which made this the most chilling movie the 20th century.And it still sends shivers down the spine,the set piece murders are just so grand guillotine.It starts as a crime thriller then turns on it's head into a Gothic horror,with a visual style copied but never bettered.
If only i could of seen it like the reviewer of the time,now that would have been most excellent.
Crikey its that old well its still better than dreck like When A stranger calls and The Pulse remakes at least  

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 148
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 27/3/2007 7:27:22 PM   
evil bill

PROFONDO RUSSO the muscial has Argento supervising the production,and will be seen in Ferrara 7th october and then Millan.It's going to be quite gory,from what ive been reading,with all the murders and some added rotting corpse's.Might be worth seeing if they ever put it on DVD,better than the Sound Of Music anyway.

Post #: 149
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 28/3/2007 10:06:35 AM   
dj vivace

Argento? Directing a musical? Sorry, shouldn't laugh really but it does sound funny! Will probably be very extreme and like nothing anyone's ever seen before (please, i do not watch musicals!!). Might give it a go if its good, but i really don't like musicals in any form

Horror Cult Film Reviews

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Actors And Auteurs >> RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI