Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Actors And Auteurs >> RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 29/1/2007 12:55:15 PM   
filmburner30

There is also an excellent Documentary Narrated by Mark Kermode on the 2nd Sleepless disc with comments from Tom Savini,George A romero,John Carpenter and Asia Argento and the man himself.

"Where are you calling from Milo?"
"The bottom of the pool?"

"Im The Anti Christ.You got me in a Vendetta kind of mood"

"Come back Alan , You Wanker!"

"Your a Doctor,Deal with it"

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 31
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 29/1/2007 4:15:49 PM   
evil bill

Yes it's also an excellent documerty on SLEEPLESS and what a brillant movie too.Just pre ordered INFERNO off Play.Com USA,it's due in 9/3/07 and i used to have it on Laserdisc,but it's another dead format.As you know it was part 2 of the Three Mothers Trigloy and it's US Dvd release date isjust ahead of Mother Of Tears the final part.

"You listen to me now,i will find you and i will kill you!"

(in reply to filmburner30)
Post #: 32
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 29/1/2007 6:54:15 PM   
dj vivace

Laserdisc? 

you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!

See more of my reviews here under the name Matt Wavish :
Horror Cult Film Reviews

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 33
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 29/1/2007 7:15:14 PM   
evil bill

quote:

ORIGINAL: dj vivace

Laserdisc? 

Yes PHILIPS LASERDISC came out in the early/mid 80s,shiney disc about the size of an LP,this gave birth to Video CD and was all rubbed out by DVD.My dad bought the player for me,for christmass,and i bought INFERNO too his horror.Picture and sound where brillant compared to VHS,and what a fucking way to enjoy a great horror movie.

(in reply to dj vivace)
Post #: 34
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 30/1/2007 12:46:08 PM   
filmburner30

Hopefully someone will repackage Suspira and Inferno for The uk Market b4 the release of Mother of tears.
Also has anyone else seen Argentos Cameo as a rather bonkers paramedic in John Landis overlooked Innocent Blood.

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 35
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 30/1/2007 5:01:54 PM   
evil bill

quote:

ORIGINAL: filmburner30

Hopefully someone will repackage Suspira and Inferno for The uk Market b4 the release of Mother of tears.
Also has anyone else seen Argentos Cameo as a rather bonkers paramedic in John Landis overlooked Innocent Blood.   YES saw it and it was only after the second viewing i relised it was Argento,realy cool vampire movie.
I've been been searching for any release dates for a UK Dvd of INFERNO,but there are none so that's why i've gone for the region 1 release this march,pre ordered off Play.com USA 9.99.The double Disc of SUSPIRIA is still advable UK region 2 on play.com 14.99.and is well worth the money.

Post #: 36
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 31/1/2007 1:01:23 PM   
filmburner30

I went onto the Thunderdome Thread to recommend Argento to the guys on there hope they get to watch some of his stuff
Glad to see someone else likes Innocent Blood  Horror genius with cameos from Frank Oz ,Tom Savini,And Sam Raimi too.
Has anyone seen the masters of Horror stuff Btw what do you think of it?

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 37
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 31/1/2007 4:49:43 PM   
evil bill

Masters Of Horror have vol 1 on dvd,and it's got some great storys;Cigaritte Burns directed by John Carpenter is brillant return to form,Deer Women by John Landis not a bad effort,Homecoming Joe Dante Excellent and some other pretty good ones.Jenifer by are own favourite Dario Argento you have to buy on it's own,is a great piece of horror about a disfigured woman.The show has turned up on BRAVO if you have cable or Sky.This is a MUST SEE SHOW!!!!!!

Post #: 38
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 1/2/2007 9:01:28 AM   
filmburner30

I hear he has done another for series 2 along with John Carpenter and others .
i have the series 1 part one box set and agreed the Joe Dante one is brilliant lots of folks have been slanging this show but some of the episodes are ace Mick Garris Chocolate is quite scary ,I love the Landis one because even he admits its silly and of course lots of in jokes are contained therein in Carpenters Cigarette  burns for example the cinema is showing Profondo Rosso that man has taste 

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 39
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 1/2/2007 4:17:56 PM   
evil bill

PELTS is in serris 2 of Masrers Of Horror and has some good reviews,it stars Meatloaf as a pelt trader for fur coats,but there all sub stander.They go to collect some better quality ones,and find the supplier and son murdered,they take the pelts anyway and do'nt report the murder.It's a great horror/thiller by Argento,going by the reviews.No news on the other episodes though?i'm sure Carpenter's will be worth seeing too.

Post #: 40
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 1/2/2007 7:51:26 PM   
dj vivace

Masters of Horror, series 1 vol.2 was released on monday 29/1. I've pre-ordered it from Amazon but apparently it takes 6-10 days. Argento, Takeshi Miike, John Mcnaughton and Tobe Hooper have all contributed. The first one was a bit hit and miss. John Carpenters Cigarette Burns was very good but echoed In The Mouth Of Madness i thought. Stuart Gordons so far for me has been the best, scary, gory and freaky. The Don Coscarelli one is very much like Wrong Turn but much better.  Havent seen the Joe Dante one yet, but having read your post i will get to it. Lucky Mckee's was absolute shite, what a waste of my time that was. Sounded so promising, lesbians and bugs, wonderful! But it was shit

you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!

Horror Cult Film Reviews

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 41
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 2/2/2007 11:01:17 AM   
filmburner30

The Dante one is A republican Zobie movie with sly referances to Bush and a Horror Attack on The Iraq war its typical Dante
Hmmm Meatloaf in An Argento flick sounds interesting btw is there a dvd For Aregentos tv Thing Do You Like Hitchcock?
And are there any plans to release Four Flies on Grey Velvet on UK DVD ? 

(in reply to dj vivace)
Post #: 42
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 3/2/2007 8:21:38 PM   
dj vivace

God dammit!!! Emailed Amazon today because Masters Of Horror vol 2 still hasnt turned up and found out their supplier is out of stock and no idea when they will have more so i'm gonna have to wait. Bollocks!!! They gave me a 3 gift voucher tho

Horror Cult Film Reviews

Post #: 43
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 5/2/2007 4:41:16 PM   
evil bill

You might find that PELTS has to be brought as a stand alone DVD,like JENIFER,which would be typcial as they know there's a cult following of Argento movies.

(in reply to dj vivace)
Post #: 44
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 5/2/2007 7:05:35 PM   
dj vivace

Well, i'll let you know when i eventually get this damned boxset. I'm looking to upgrade my Argento collection so maybe you can help. I'm not interested in any of the boxsets as they all seem to have Phenomena in, and i personally didnt like that film. I did buy it, but sold it again. I've checked Amazon and the only one listed which i dont have is The Card Player and i've read nothing but bad things about it, so, is it worth buying or not?

Also, i'm guessing Infero hasnt been released on region 2 yet? Havent seen Bird With The Crystal Plumeage either, any good? I've also read about a film called 5 Days Of Milan, what the hell is that?!!

Now i know he didnt direct The Church and The Sect but i think he produced them both and i'm a huge fan of both but cant find them anywhere!! Why!!!

Can't find Wax Mask anywhere either, bloody hell!!

Horror Cult Film Reviews

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 45
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 5/2/2007 7:41:14 PM   
evil bill

quote:

Well, i'll let you know when i eventually get this damned boxset. I'm looking to upgrade my Argento collection so maybe you can help. I'm not interested in any of the boxsets as they all seem to have Phenomena in, and i personally didnt like that film. I did buy it, but sold it again. I've checked Amazon and the only one listed which i dont have is The Card Player and i've read nothing but bad things about it, so, is it worth buying or not?NO

Also, i'm guessing Infero hasnt been released on region 2 yet? Havent seen Bird With The Crystal Plumeage either, any good? I've also read about a film called 5 Days Of Milan, what the hell is that?!!Hav'nt seen it?

Now i know he didnt direct The Church and The Sect but i think he produced them both and i'm a huge fan of both but cant find them anywhere!! Why!!!

Can't find Wax Mask anywhere either, bloody hell!!

Two Evil Eyes,Bird With The Cystral Plumage,Cat of Nine Tails are all pretty good and are on region 2 on play.com.I hav'nt seen The Church anywhere in years and wish i had of brought it back from Canada on Region 1dvd.But i now have a multi region player and have pre-ordered INFERNO region 1 due 6/3/07.Also getting the Dario Argento Ulitmate Collection 6 disc region 2 dvd's to replace those VHS tapes as the VHS player is gone to video hell.

(in reply to dj vivace)
Post #: 46
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 6/2/2007 12:31:10 PM   
filmburner30

Iwas in cinema store in London and they have Pelts on dvd they also have a cracking range of US Argento discs including Trauma and The Stenhadal Sydrome.
Also Fangoira  wrote in there review collum That Jennifer was Crud and That Sick Girl was great .
Now i have seen sick girl and its pooh central trust me

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 47
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 6/2/2007 4:29:10 PM   
evil bill

quote:

ORIGINAL: filmburner30

Iwas in cinema store in London and they have Pelts on dvd they also have a cracking range of US Argento discs including Trauma and The Stenhadal Sydrome.
Also Fangoira  wrote in there review collum That Jennifer was Crud and That Sick Girl was great .
Now i have seen sick girl and its pooh central trust me

I have JENIFER on DVD region 1 and it's an excellent Argento movie,not that gory but still a good movie by the master.I'll give Sick Girl a miss!?Loved Trauma and The Stenhadal Sydrome hope to have them soon on DVD as the VHS is fucked.DEMONS is fun to even though he's producer only on both 1&2 and Phantom Of The Opera,also producer only.

Post #: 48
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 6/2/2007 9:28:29 PM   
dj vivace

Thanks for the advice on some Argento stuff. I will be giving the Card Player a miss!!! I have Trauma and the Stendhal Syndrome on dvd, but i think the Stendhal Syndrome is slightly cut. I remember the vhs version has a scene where the girl is tied down and pigs start licking and chewing at her arms and legs. However, this is not the case on the dvd version i've got, its very very brief.

I'm considering the Ultimate Collection too. Stay well well clear of Sick Girl!! Its on the Masters Of Horror vol.1 and its directed by Lucky Mckee and oh my god is it shit. Shit, shit, SHIT

Horror Cult Film Reviews

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 49
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 7/2/2007 12:43:50 PM   
filmburner30

The Us dvd of Stenhandal is released by Troma!!!!!
But it contains loads of special features and is miles better than the Vanilla uk disk

(in reply to dj vivace)
Post #: 50
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 7/2/2007 7:03:25 PM   
dj vivace

Is that region 1 tho, i havent sorted my dvd player to be multi-regional yet

Horror Cult Film Reviews

Post #: 51
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 7/2/2007 7:31:15 PM   
evil bill

It is region 1 mate.By the way just recived the Dario Argento Ultimate 6 disc today will have a bit of a marthion over the weekend to see if there a lot of cuts still in place.Hopfully not as the UK board of cenors have relaked a good bit recently with the uncut release's of the so called video nasty's.Except you have to rember they are still what was seen in the cinema's in the UK not the true uncut that where seen in Italy and the USA.

(in reply to dj vivace)
Post #: 52
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 7/2/2007 7:47:33 PM   
dj vivace

I looked at that boxset again today and i'm feeling drawn to it in some way, it might be the wonerful packaging, i dont know. But something (or someone ) is telling me to buy it, so fuck it, i'm gonna order it when i've finished on here!

Horror Cult Film Reviews

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 53
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 8/2/2007 11:08:42 AM   
Dr Lenera

quote:

ORIGINAL: evil bill

It is region 1 mate.By the way just recived the Dario Argento Ultimate 6 disc today will have a bit of a marthion over the weekend to see if there a lot of cuts still in place.Hopfully not as the UK board of cenors have relaked a good bit recently with the uncut release's of the so called video nasty's.Except you have to rember they are still what was seen in the cinema's in the UK not the true uncut that where seen in Italy and the USA.

I bought the UK Bird a year ago and it was STILL missing shots from the first murder that have been cut for years,so be warned,it could be the shame version! I must order the US DVD........

check out more of my reviews on http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 54
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 8/2/2007 11:45:53 AM   
Kira

knock .. knock ...

[Gatekeeper:] Who's there?
[Kira:] It's me, Kira.
[Gatekeeper:] Want do you want?
[Kira:] Evil Bill said I should check in here.
[Gatekeeper:]  But you are F-E-M-A-L-E.
[Kira:] Yes.
[Gatekeeper:]  But you are no island inhabitant.
[Kira:] Yes.
[Gatekeeper:] But you will be entering very dangerous territory.
[Kira:] Yes...?
[Gatekeeper:]  How many of the master's movies have you seen?
[Kira:] Just three. But I want to watch them all .. REALLY...
[Gatekeeper:] Alright. Then take this dagger, spare a few blood drops and sign here.
[Kira:]  .. scribble ..
[Gatekeeper:]  ENTER THE REALMS OF ITALIAN DARKNESS
plop

Nice place. Have we met before?

(in reply to Dr Lenera)
Post #: 55
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 8/2/2007 2:40:35 PM   
dj vivace

Yeh, that Gatekeeper's a bugger aint he! Welcome fellow Argento fan! What 3 Argento movies have you seen? Have you seen Suspiria because thats a good place to start

Horror Cult Film Reviews

(in reply to Kira)
Post #: 56
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 8/2/2007 2:45:48 PM   
filmburner30

quote:

Yeh, that Gatekeeper's a bugger aint he! Welcome fellow Argento fan! What 3 Argento movies have you seen? Have you seen Suspiria because thats a good place to start
oh yes start with Suspira then Profondo Rosso(deep red but watch out for the various dvds kicking around) then try Tenebrae And Sleepless and if you have a multi region player snap up Inferno and Opera as both are fantastic welocome fellow Argento fan

(in reply to dj vivace)
Post #: 57
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 8/2/2007 7:40:53 PM   
evil bill

Was on the Darkdreams web site earlyer,the MOTHER OF TEARS title has been changed to THE THIRD MOTHER and it will be one of the highlights of the Cannes Fim Festvel.Argento has droped large portions of the script,cause it was'nt Frighting enough,and though the title should be The Third Mother for the fans of SUSPIRIA and INFERNO.Expect the final Three Mothers movie to be the best yet,as Argento is determened to show horror fans what HORROR should be.Also on the web site is news of a DVD box set of Mario Bava movies,BLACK SABBATH,BLACK SUNDAY,EVIL EYE,KILL BABY KILLand KNIVES OF THE AVENGER thanks to Anchor Bay again.
Welcome to Kira,you have escaped the light and found DARKNESS!

< Message edited by evil bill -- 8/2/2007 7:42:31 PM >

Post #: 58
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 9/2/2007 12:48:15 PM   
filmburner30

Anchor Bay are just ace when it comes to the films they realease ,also my friend is going to Cannes for her Holidays ,so i will pester her to pick me up some gumpf connected with the 3 rd mother,
Now all we need is A UK release date 

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 59
RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. - 9/2/2007 12:49:47 PM   
Kira

Hi all!

I've seen Suspiria, Deep Red and Inferno (pretty long time ago on big screen, need to re-watch this one). A huge Huzzah for Suspiria!!! It's one of my absolute HG films ever. How can a director be inspired by Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and create a movie like this? I'm absolutely in love with the mad delirious colours of the Freiburg Tanzakademie. So sad that the house was destroyed. I wish I could live there (probably would have to join the covent of witches to survive a few days) . Inferno had that
freakin underwater scene and also fantastic lightning and music. Deep Red is a perfect giallo and the deaths are really awful and feel very real.

quote:

Was on the Darkdreams web site earlyer,the MOTHER OF TEARS title has been changed to THE THIRD MOTHER and it will be one of the highlights of the Cannes Fim Festvel.Argento has droped large portions of the script,cause it was'nt Frighting enough,and though the title should be The Third Mother for the fans of SUSPIRIA and INFERNO.Expect the final Three Mothers movie to be the best yet,as Argento is determened to show horror fans what HORROR should be

Cannes? Wow. Can't wait to watch the new one . Heard that Jessica Harper and Asia Argento are in the cast, true?

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Actors And Auteurs >> RE: DARIO ARGENTO overlooked master. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI