Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

24 Season 6 - US Speed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> 24 Season 6 - US Speed Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
24 Season 6 - US Speed - 3/1/2007 6:44:30 PM   
Zaphod121

Just as Captain Black and Barefoot requested, this thread can be for downloaders and the other for Sky 1 viewers

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel
Post #: 1
RE: 24 Season 6 - US Speed - 3/1/2007 6:56:53 PM   
Barefoot Doctor

Less than two weeks till the season premiere! I've read a couple of extremely positive reviews so that's getting me excited for Season 6. Nothing beats the Jack Bauer Power Hour! And four episodes in two days is great but it really spoils you - the wait for the next episode is interminable and you feel a little disappointed at only getting one episode!

Any predicitions for the season? I'm not expecting as many major characters to kick the bucket, they overdid it last year. I'm looking forward to Wayne as president and how he copes living in his brother's shadow. And the Logans better be back, they were the best part of Season 5!

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 2
RE: 24 Season 6 - US Speed - 3/1/2007 7:43:01 PM   
furrybastard

I think I'll do what I did for Season 5 and simply wait until I have them all and then watch them in a Jack Bauer Fest! Waiting week by week for a show like this is just too damn hard and I find I enjoy them more when watched in blocks.

(in reply to Barefoot Doctor)
Post #: 3
RE: 24 Season 6 - US Speed - 4/1/2007 1:19:30 AM   
The Mighty

I can't wait! Season 5 was the most constantly entertaining thing on television last year. Just brilliant! And, I think waiting each week for a new episode is just fine, sometimes the online speculation of what will happen the next week is as fun as the episode itself. Expect to see me on Empire a lot more then it starts!

Also, I think Audure may kick the bucket. She was great last season, so I hope she doesn't, but the creators might have killed her off when The Nine was buzzed to be a big hit. Lets just hope they found out about its cancellation before they wrote that into the script.

< Message edited by The Mighty -- 4/1/2007 1:21:31 AM >

(in reply to furrybastard)
Post #: 4
RE: 24 Season 6 - US Speed - 4/1/2007 1:57:14 AM   
Mycroft

quote:

ORIGINAL: Barefoot Doctor
I've read a couple of extremely positive reviews so that's getting me excited for Season 6.

Have you got a link to those?

Just finished watching S5. TBH I was a little bored with it in the first episode but it picked up the pace superbly, now I'm really counting down the days to S6. Wonder if they'll deal with Graham and the architects behind season 5s events? I'm still not clear who was in charge of who exactly. Graham + Logan->Henderson->Nathanson->Cummings?

Wonder if Miles will be in this season? He got transfered to the White House after all. How about Karen? Back at division? Looking forward to Peter MacNicol and the comedy double-act of Chloe and Morris

< Message edited by Mycroft -- 4/1/2007 2:00:03 AM >
Post #: 5
RE: 24 Season 6 - US Speed - 4/1/2007 2:07:50 AM   
Barefoot Doctor

First review

Second review (mild spoilers)

Mycroft, as for Karen and Miles (spoiler tagged) - Karen is in the White House as the National Security Advisor but I haven't seen Miles mentioned anywhere. I don't expect him to return, he'd have been frozen out when Logan was caught.

< Message edited by Barefoot Doctor -- 4/1/2007 2:08:32 AM >

(in reply to Mycroft)
Post #: 6
RE: 24 Season 6 - US Speed - 4/1/2007 2:58:43 AM   
Mycroft

Cheers Barefoot, 2nd link isn't working though.

Been looking on the 24 site, Peter MacNicol's character is way more aggressive than I thought he'd be, judging by the preview of an Oval Office. Also, no Aaron according to Glenn Morshower, and no Miiike by the looks of things . Probably can't expect a lot after stabbing Palmer in the back and switching parties, the 24inside episodes with Glenn and Jude were great. Hopefully a guest appearance later, same goes for Secretary Heller.

Apparently there's going to be a S6 website exclusively for the DVD owners?

< Message edited by Mycroft -- 4/1/2007 3:32:59 AM >

Post #: 7
RE: 24 Season 6 - US Speed - 4/1/2007 9:38:56 AM   
Underscore

I'll be here for the ride. Like always, 24 for me is just amazing television - it's unlike any show around, it just makes me jump up and down and go crazy. I'm seriously obsessed with the show.

So in other words, expect my traditional huge episode reviews

'Josh: Couldn't you just drop me off the Washington Monument? Bartlet: It's Christmas Josh!, no reason why we can't do both!

(in reply to Mycroft)
Post #: 8
RE: 24 Season 6 - US Speed - 4/1/2007 9:44:44 AM   
Timon

Is Sky One planning on showing 4 episodes in 2 days or one a week? Trying to decide whether to download or watch on Sky.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Underscore)
Post #: 9
RE: 24 Season 6 - US Speed - 4/1/2007 12:47:18 PM   
Underscore

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Is Sky One planning on showing 4 episodes in 2 days or one a week? Trying to decide whether to download or watch on Sky.

Sky One schedule:

Sunday 21st January - Episodes 1 and 2
Sunday 28th January - Episodes 3 and 4
Sunday 4th February - Episodes 5 and 6
Sunday 11th February - Episode 7

US schedule:

Sunday 14th January - Episodes 1 and 2 (8/7C)
Monday 15th January - Episodes 3 and 4 (8/7C)
Monday 22nd January - Episode 5 (9/8C)
Monday 29th January - Episode 6 (9/8C)
Monday 5th February - Episode 7 (9/8C)
Monday 12th February - Episodes 8 and 9 (8/7C)

Hope that helps

'Josh: Couldn't you just drop me off the Washington Monument? Bartlet: It's Christmas Josh!, no reason why we can't do both!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 10
RE: 24 Season 6 - US Speed - 5/1/2007 10:19:58 PM   
Underscore

Two more (positive) reviews - nothing spoilerific in both, click to read:

"24's darkest and most unsettling season yet..."

"Based on the coming sixth season's first four hours, 24's winning streak remains unbroken"

(in reply to Underscore)
Post #: 11
RE: 24 Season 6 - US Speed - 6/1/2007 5:22:34 PM   
The Mighty

The first episode has been leaked online, and it is not a fake! Woohoo! I'm downloading it off BitMeTV right now!

Don't believe me... some caps...shame the quality isn't HD

< Message edited by The Mighty -- 6/1/2007 5:27:21 PM >

(in reply to Underscore)
Post #: 12
RE: 24 Season 6 - US Speed - 6/1/2007 5:56:48 PM   
Barefoot Doctor

Fantastic! Quality looks good too. I know the first four episodes were given out to critics so maybe the other three episodes will make an appearance soon?

Just a reminder that talk of the episode should probably be spoiler tagged even though most of us will be downloading it!

(in reply to The Mighty)
Post #: 13
RE: 24 Season 6 - US Speed - 6/1/2007 6:44:53 PM   
Luca Brasi

I'll be hear for the ride - with exception of day 4 I've loved 24 since it was on the beeb (those were the days)

I can't make my mind up as to whether to watch it on tv on to download it again. I think I'll probably download the first four and see how it goes. But by that stage I'll be hooked and there'll be no turning back.

Post #: 14
RE: 24 Season 6 - US Speed - 6/1/2007 9:05:22 PM   
Mycroft

Woah, a very intense start to the series. Excellent stuff

(in reply to Luca Brasi)
Post #: 15
RE: 24 Season 6 - US Speed - 6/1/2007 9:14:11 PM   
Barefoot Doctor

Apparently the leaked episode is from the DVD set to be released by Fox the day after the premiere - the DVD contains the first four episodes of Season 6 and ten minutes of episode five. So expect them all to be released soon (apparently episode 2 is already out there).

(in reply to Mycroft)
Post #: 16
RE: 24 Season 6 - US Speed - 6/1/2007 9:20:02 PM   
The Mighty

Woooohoooo! 24 is back! And if that first hour in anything to go by, this is going to be one hell of a season! Before I go into spoiler territory, let me just say that 24 has never started so well. The episode jumps right into the action, Sutherland has already won his Emmy, and it never lets up!

~~~Spoilers Below~~~

Jack is back, and I could not be happier. I've been watching 24 from the start, so season 6 in and I feel like I have a good grip on how this show works. That being said, the biggest compliment I could pay to this episode is that it still shocked me, and they still come up with twists that are unexpected. I second guess everything I see in 24, but I still didn't not see Kal Pen being a terrorist, or Jack giving himself up for nothing. It was also a great move jumping straight into the action, with multipul terrorist attacks happening days before this season even starts. At first, from these first 4 episodes, I was expecting the first one to end with the terrorists succeding with an attack, the 2nd focusing on them trying to get Jack released, and then the 3rd and 4th moving the story forward. Instead, they have decided to have most of this take place off screen, and it really does get things moving. When I started the episode, I though there had been some sort of mix up, and that this was the 2nd episode. I think Chole's boyfriend is a litte bit annoying, and it would be way too obvious if that guy from Numbers turned out to be a villan, but I'm sure 24 is too clever for that. I also think the new CTU worker is cool, it's interesting having someone working for CTU who just happens to be a muslim (I'm presuming she's a muslim). I just pray to God that they don't make her a terrorist or a mole! Jack's last moments... badass! That guy seriously does not want to die for nothing!

~~~END OF SPOILERS~~~

All in all, a great start to what looks like a great season! Bring it on.

< Message edited by The Mighty -- 6/1/2007 9:21:09 PM >

(in reply to Luca Brasi)
Post #: 17
RE: 24 Season 6 - US Speed - 6/1/2007 9:22:20 PM   
GhostWriter

I'm off to download it now, the Jack Bauer Power Hour has come early boys and girls.

If anything goes wrong, Desmond Hume will be my constant.

Post #: 18
RE: 24 Season 6 - US Speed - 6/1/2007 9:22:39 PM   
The Mighty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Barefoot Doctor

Apparently the leaked episode is from the DVD set to be released by Fox the day after the premiere - the DVD contains the first four episodes of Season 6 and ten minutes of episode five. So expect them all to be released soon (apparently episode 2 is already out there).

I can't find the 2nd episode anywhere. BitMeTV is usually first with these things, but it isn't up there yet. I'll probably spend the rest of the night refreshing the torrent page untill it shows up.

Post #: 19
RE: 24 Season 6 - US Speed - 6/1/2007 9:23:11 PM   
Mycroft

A DVD for the general public? I'm glueing my finger to the F5 key in anticipation. I'll give up my mother in return for the DVDs early release 

SPOILERS

There was alot of gravitas in that episode, I've never been a big fan of the guy who plays Wayne Palmer but the desperation theme is raising everyones game already. One of those reviews complained about Morris being annoying, I think he adds alot though, not sure why Milo is back though. Chloe seems to have developed alot since last time too.

< Message edited by Mycroft -- 6/1/2007 9:28:27 PM >

Post #: 20
RE: 24 Season 6 - US Speed - 6/1/2007 9:26:31 PM   
The Mighty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mycroft

A DVD for the general public? I'm glueing my finger to the F5 key in anticipation. I'll give up my mother in return for the DVDs early release 

The DVD is being sold on the 16th in America, which is the day after all 4 episodes have aired. It will also cost around $20, which is one hell of a rip off for just 4 episodes. Seriously, who would pay so much for so little?

(in reply to Mycroft)
Post #: 21
RE: 24 Season 6 - US Speed - 6/1/2007 9:27:47 PM   
The Mighty

It's online.

(in reply to The Mighty)
Post #: 22
RE: 24 Season 6 - US Speed - 6/1/2007 9:48:57 PM   
Mycroft

Everyone notice the Stephen Merchant cameo?

Woo Ep2 download complete, so you on the other side

< Message edited by Mycroft -- 6/1/2007 9:55:46 PM >

(in reply to The Mighty)
Post #: 23
RE: 24 Season 6 - US Speed - 6/1/2007 9:57:02 PM   
The Mighty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mycroft

Everyone notice the Stephen Merchant cameo?

Woo Ep2 download complete, so you on the other side

Complete?! That was fast! I still have an hour to go? Where did you get it from?

(in reply to Mycroft)
Post #: 24
RE: 24 Season 6 - US Speed - 6/1/2007 10:04:50 PM   
Mycroft

Newsgroups, 850KB/s = 7 minute download.

(in reply to The Mighty)
Post #: 25
RE: 24 Season 6 - US Speed - 6/1/2007 10:58:12 PM   
Timon

Can somone post links to the torrents please?

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 26
RE: 24 Season 6 - US Speed - 6/1/2007 11:06:29 PM   
GhostWriter

Or PM them?

If anything goes wrong, Desmond Hume will be my constant.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 27
RE: 24 Season 6 - US Speed - 6/1/2007 11:07:37 PM   
James2183

They are on Mininova apparently. 

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to GhostWriter)
Post #: 28
RE: 24 Season 6 - US Speed - 6/1/2007 11:25:29 PM   
The Mighty

Two episodes in, and I am already hooked! The 2nd episode was just as intense and action packed as the first, and things are developing quickly. And not only is the action great, the issues brought up so far have been really interesting.

~~~SPOILERS BELOW~~~

Giving Jack a terrorist partner was a very strong point of the episode, and I can't wait to see how it continues. I hope they don't kill him off too soon, or he suddenly goes evil on us. I'm also excited to see Palmers sister, but I'm hoping that story line somehow links to the main one and it's so random, I really don't want any B stories this season. Really interesting seeing Jack's time in China has had some lasting effect.

Best bit?

Jack: I don't know how to do this anymore
Terrorist Dude: You'll remember...

or something like that! Pure class!

~~~SPOILERS END~~~

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 29
RE: 24 Season 6 - US Speed - 6/1/2007 11:49:01 PM   
Mycroft

Ep 2

I'm pleased Jack isn't immediately going back into the CTU fold this time. Alexander Siddig is a great actor, glad there'll be plenty of interaction between him and Jack, don't expect him to cop it anytime soon. It's nice to be back with a strong leader making tough moral decisions, much as I enjoyed the machiavellian antics of Logan, the entire country is close to anarchy this time. Nice to see some real conflict rather than just Mike trying to persuade the President to take the inevitable choice

Was kind of wary of the actress who plays Palmers sister, pretty annoying in Enemy of the State but a good start. Think thatl'll quite quickly have to fold into the main story with her coming to the White House, unless its an Omicron style dodgy outfit. Wonder why she was so hasty about deleting the files, more than just protecting civil rights I assume
#
Anyone know when episode 3 is coming? I know Asia Team are planning to release all 4 at some point

< Message edited by Mycroft -- 6/1/2007 11:54:45 PM >

(in reply to The Mighty)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> 24 Season 6 - US Speed Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI