Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) - 14/1/2009 10:58:46 AM   
Timon

Definetely. It's a darker affair then the DVD artwork suggests and it's great fun to boot...

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to kingalan)
Post #: 91
RE: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) - 14/1/2009 1:04:19 PM   
ElephantBoy

This brings back some child hood memries for me also, those were the days
I remember being confused by the Cartoon as quite ofton the colur of the headbends would get blured and you would have two Turtles wearing Blue for example.  I'd say nuimber one was the best although three took it just on made for tv Chees Factor, with two being the stinker.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 92
RE: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) - 16/5/2009 8:10:43 AM   
Snake-Eyes

I remember when I saw the first film, I was 14 and I used to think Elias Koteas as Casey Jones was the coolest MotherF***er alive!

I still have a CJ action figure on my shelf (right next to Usagi Yojimbo). Remember in TURTLES 3 - Casey takes the Four Samurai Warriors out for a night on the town; they're in a bar playing arcade games and dancing to Baltimora's 'Tarzan Boy' - MAGIC!  TURTLES RULE!

< Message edited by Snake-Eyes -- 16/5/2009 8:12:24 AM >

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 93
RE: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) - 16/5/2009 9:50:49 AM   
Frank Castle

Now ive been having a debate with a mate of mine over this movie after we watched it recently. He still says its cut?? he seems to remember a scene where shredder beats up a few foot soldiers who have failed him? Now in the deepest darkest back of my mind i kinda remember it or something like it? But pretty sure it wasnt in this movie or may have just been in a comic version of the film, hes sure it was in this film when he saw it at the cinema?
I can't find anything on the net about it so im pretty sure im right! lol does anyone else remember a scene like this or are we both making it up??

" guys its ok, he just wanted his machette back"!!

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 94
RE: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) - 16/5/2009 7:32:34 PM   
JoeyPottr

I love this movie, one of my favorites as a kid. I was a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle freak, I even still have the Nunchakus that I got (and learned how to use) when other girls wanted to be Barbie or a princess, I wanted to be a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle!
KOWABUNGA!!!!!!!!!! It is a bit gritty for a kids movie, which I liked and still do. I love Casey Jones, Elias Koteas was great in that role. I loved they used Corey Feldman's voice for Donatello. It's weird because in the cartoon Leonardo was the serious one, the leader and the movie it's Raphael is the serious one and the leader, Donatello is the smart ass, and so is Leonardo. Michaelangello is still a goof though. I liked Splinter, April and Casey's banter, the Footclan, lots of good stuff, funny too. The best of three turtles films by far.

wandering through the tall grass of life

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 95
RE: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) - 15/6/2009 4:42:48 PM   
gggolem

Ah yes. T2, Karate Kid and TMNT were my favorite movies as a little girl. I love everything about this movie, it's just so good! I thought Casey Jones was the coolest person EVER and wanted to be like him! I never liked April, though (she was bit of a bore, wasn't she?). I liked all the boys but Raphael was my favorite, he's just the coolest with those cool daggers and all...

Must get this on DVD!

All men would be cowards if they only had the courage.

(in reply to JoeyPottr)
Post #: 96
RE: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) - 19/3/2012 9:12:58 AM   
Timon

Michael Bay is going to ruin the Ninja Turtles by making them from space!

http://bit.ly/xA2TfC

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to gggolem)
Post #: 97
RE: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) - 19/3/2012 2:08:45 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Michael Bay is going to ruin the Ninja Turtles by making them from space!

http://bit.ly/xA2TfC

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 98
RE: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) - 19/3/2012 2:31:54 PM   
superdan

Bay is hilarious, he actually gives the word hack a bad name. The CGI animated film that came out some years back was actually rather good though, and without making them from space. Perhaps they should have just gone for a sequel to that.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 99
RE: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) - 19/3/2012 3:09:48 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Well this is another (nostalgia) franchise Bay is going to ruin.
Whats next in line after this Bay?,Thunder cats,Defenders Of The Earth..The Magic Roundabout...,Postman Pat!

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 100
RE: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) - 19/3/2012 3:28:40 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

Well this is another (nostalgia) franchise Bay is going to ruin.
Whats next in line after this Bay?,Thunder cats,Defenders Of The Earth..The Magic Roundabout...,Postman Pat!

Jess - "Mail dat letter soldier!"

Pat - "This shit just got mailed!"

Jess - "Get in da van bitch!"

Pat - "Lets roll you black and white muthafucka. Holy shit, aliens!"

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 101
RE: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) - 20/3/2012 6:13:21 PM   
rich

http://www.theonion.com/articles/michael-bay-signs-50m-deal-to-fuck-up-thundercats,2702/

Weekend write-ups

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 102
RE: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) - 20/3/2012 8:01:03 PM   
Nexus Wookie

Ah man! I remember me and my cousins being totally apeshit when this came out! We were the biggest TMNT geeks! As for now, well it hasn't dated that well. But for pure nostalgia, nothing comes close! (well maybe Indy and Star Wars!!!!!)

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 103
RE: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) - 23/8/2012 12:04:02 AM   
Smudge1985

Yep, another little 80s girl here who wanted to be a turtle when she grew up!

Grew up on the cartoon series, then the film when it came out. Funny you have random memories from childhood, I remember my brother having the soundtrack on tape (one of those double box ones!) and I remember us listening to it while we were playing Dizzy on the Spectrum (wow...that sentence could only be written about the turn of the 80s...)

I think I love it more now than I did when I was a kid. When I was little, I didnt like it as much because it was different from the cartoon, Raphael was an angry mofo instead of just a smartarse, Donatello didnt build stuff and there was no Krang, Bebop or Rocksteady! I just loved it because it was the Turtles and that was good enough! Watching it now though, its dark, its funny, some of the banter between Mikey and Donatello still always makes me laugh (the 'fight?' 'Fight.' Kitchen?' 'Kitchen.' still makes me smile, its not stellar comedy writing, but they spend time creating the characters and making little exchanges like that so good. April and Casey Jones have a few just like that as well)

And as said, there are some pretty heavy emotions at work in this film too. All the street punks were kids with nothing to lose who were being exploited, seeing how the Turtles cope with the loss of Splinter, the organised crime in the city and the element of fear from everybody (and seeing why when we see the Foot come after April.). Its a quality film. The fight scene between the Turtles and the Foot in April's apartment is brilliant. The fights are good, the humour is still there, and it has an element of farce as well with the floor coming down, and then other people keep turning up in the middle of the fight and getting involved!

And I already mentioned it, but its so good I will again, the soundtrack. Shredder's Suite is just plain awesome, and the opening beats of Spunkadelic's 9.95 still take me back 20 odd years every time I hear it.

(in reply to JoeyPottr)
Post #: 104
RE: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) - 26/8/2012 10:47:56 PM   
ElephantBoy

Yeah Bay is the last director who should get his greasy little mits on this series. It had a good run but I think it is time to leave these films in the past.

(in reply to Smudge1985)
Post #: 105
RE: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) - 28/8/2012 4:33:16 PM   
Dannybohy

Strangely enough I bought the  DVD for my sons to watch (5 and 2 yrs old). I loved this movie when i came out and watching it again I think its still a great movie and I agree with the earlier posts regarding the great undertones of the movie! my sons loved it, both laughing out load and enjoying the fighting which was great to see!. They both started shouting awesome and Cowabunga!! retro!!

Saying that, I made the mistake of getting hold of part 2 and 3!!. holy crap! these are dreadful movies! just the absolute pits! . Such a shame as I think the first movie is a classic hero movie and seriously underated. 

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

Post #: 106
RE: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) - 28/8/2012 4:34:48 PM   
Dannybohy

Oh and I love the idea of MB doing a turtles movie :)

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 107
RE: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) - 29/8/2012 8:37:14 PM   
Sutty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

Really?!?! Because I find the idea of Michael Bay being employed to do anything but be a human dartboard utterly repelant.

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 108
RE: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) - 30/8/2012 2:17:21 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sutty

quote:

Really?!?! Because I find the idea of Michael Bay being employed to do anything but be a human dartboard utterly repelant.

yeh really, give him Batman too.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 109
RE: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) - 30/8/2012 3:42:14 PM   
ElephantBoy

quote:

Strangely enough I bought the  DVD for my sons to watch (5 and 2 yrs old). I loved this movie when i came out and watching it again I think its still a great movie and I agree with the earlier posts regarding the great undertones of the movie! my sons loved it, both laughing out load and enjoying the fighting which was great to see!. They both started shouting awesome and Cowabunga!! retro!!

Saying that, I made the mistake of getting hold of part 2 and 3!!. holy crap! these are dreadful movies! just the absolute pits! . Such a shame as I think the first movie is a classic hero movie and seriously underated. 

Didn't think 2 was too bad but it has been awhile since I saw it, 3 was poor.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 110
RE: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) - 30/8/2012 4:33:16 PM   
Void Indigo

TMNT III - Casey Jones, Baltimora's TARZAN BOY = GOOD TIMES!

Post #: 111
RE: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) - 15/9/2012 7:16:58 AM   
chrisstar

I like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! I enjoyed them since my childhood

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 112
RE: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) - 26/9/2012 4:17:16 AM   
super hero fan

i was big ninj turtle fan the 1990 liveaciton was my first moive isaw in theaters. i usedto love playingthe arcad game in the mall then i had n nindendo they came out with the game icollocet lots of the toys my grandmama made us ninja turtles outfits for holoween. i rember watching the tv show. i, m big nina turtles fan im not sure about michheal bay yet they said the kids wound't under stand that their mutnats so theirmaking them alines i have to see pictuers or a trailer nnothing can beat thhe first one i do love the second one alot it was more likethe cartoon i read on the net that jim hensn wasn't going to do it cuase he thought it would be to violent then they told him it was cartoon violent so he went and did it ialso read hall mark channnel was going to make ninja turtle mini sereis but it was too much money they couldn't make it

< Message edited by super hero fan -- 26/9/2012 4:52:50 AM >

(in reply to chrisstar)
Post #: 113
RE: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) - 20/10/2012 2:43:51 AM   
jenzie

anyone seen the new CG tv show yet on boomerang?

very good, shart script and pretty funny to boot

they're using some of the other origin stories for the characters, and april is now a teen, but it's not distracting to the overall story ..... and even though "the krang" have a certain annoying way of saying things (which i like BTW), it's been a great success!

ALIENS: yes, i still have the damn hat on ..... WANNA TAKE IT OFF ME????
HUMANS: well, yes .....
ALIENS: ACTIVATE THE STUPID HUMAN RAY!!!!!

http://www.intervocative.com/dvdcollection.aspx/jenzie

(in reply to super hero fan)
Post #: 114
RE: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) - 29/10/2012 2:55:36 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Frank Castle

Now ive been having a debate with a mate of mine over this movie after we watched it recently. He still says its cut?? he seems to remember a scene where shredder beats up a few foot soldiers who have failed him? Now in the deepest darkest back of my mind i kinda remember it or something like it? But pretty sure it wasnt in this movie or may have just been in a comic version of the film, hes sure it was in this film when he saw it at the cinema?
I can't find anything on the net about it so im pretty sure im right! lol does anyone else remember a scene like this or are we both making it up??

that is correct, the original movie was cut by the time it reached the UK cinema(not sure about US versions). I only know this because my friend at the time was very naughty and had a pirate copy!!! which it turns out was an uncut version, i assume this was taken from a cinema screening somewhere in the world. By the time I went to the cinema, shots showing Michelangelo using his nunchucks was cut as was the part when Shredders second in command (bald guy who grunts alot) beats the shit out of one of the very young teenage foot clan! actually an uncomfortable scene to watch, pretty brutal for a movie like this. The uncut version with these shots in is readily available these days. Both versions still have the scenes with April in a lingerie top, so its all good!.

(in reply to Frank Castle)
Post #: 115
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI