Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: 24 SEASON 6 (Sky One Thread)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: 24 SEASON 6 (Sky One Thread) Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 24 SEASON 6 (Sky One Thread) - 28/5/2007 6:11:16 PM   
libertine

Another episode, not much progressed as usual this season. It feels like the middle of the season because nothing seems to bloody change. Yes there was action that was pretty exciting but when a shows only good thing is action, well it shows how crappy this show has become. Lame! 

(in reply to DJ Rob C: Mark II!)
Post #: 211
RE: Jacks Power Hour Day 6 (SKY ONE) - 1/6/2007 6:27:26 PM   
Zaphod121

quote:

ORIGINAL: dj vivace

Milo was annoying, good riddens to him and his long nose!! On a more serious note, i really thought Jack was gonna kill them all off and save CTU and that he would finally be thanked for all his efforts, but again obviously not. Hey, lets put Jack in another bad situation, god dammit! When the chinese attacked, there was hints of the 24 of old, even the music was edgy and brilliant, but it didn't last. There's not long left to this day, so here's hoping it gets really tense for the next few episodes and Jack flips and goes on a killing spree, killing everyone who let him down, now THAT would be a good ending

I liked Milo, I'm sad he's gone, R.I.P
The last ep I watched was 2am - 3am, how many are left after that? (my dads friend records them on dvd and then gives them to us)

< Message edited by Zaphod121 -- 1/6/2007 6:31:38 PM >

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to dj vivace)
Post #: 212
RE: Jacks Power Hour Day 6 (SKY ONE) - 3/6/2007 11:47:07 PM   
ednamode

well, the last 2 episodes were great....but the ending was quite abrupt and depressing...i felt better the year they ended it with jack crying....i dont know why it just seemed a little less finished than usual...i was almost worried that jack was gonna jump off the cliff at the end...what did everybody else think?...the action was great and i loved the whole rebellion thing and it was a bit obvious chloe was gonna end up pregnant as soon as she started to go pale...and we still did'nt get confirmation that josh is jacks son, but seriously, he pulled a gun on his own grandfather after hitting him with a wrench...the only way they could have given us finer proof was if  the kid started to shout DAMMIT!!!....im gonna miss jack for the next while....sorry for the rant....

I never look back, darling. It distracts me from the now.

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 213
RE: Jacks Power Hour Day 6 (SKY ONE) - 4/6/2007 12:30:27 AM   
Dave B

The scene's between Jack/James Heller and Jack/Audrey were the two best moments this season; superb acting from Kiefer and finally some good dialogue. Overall a highly disappointing season though.

1. Season 3 - 5/5
2. Season 1 - 5/5
3. Season 2 - 5/5
4. Season 5 - 4/5
5. Season 4 - 2/5
6. Season 6 - 2/5

Hey, what's with the flying jerks?

(in reply to ednamode)
Post #: 214
RE: Jacks Power Hour Day 6 (SKY ONE) - 4/6/2007 4:47:08 AM   
BartonFink

I feel so let down by this season on so many levels , especially since it started really well .

If the next season is this bad , its the end of 24 for me.

(in reply to Dave B)
Post #: 215
RE: Jacks Power Hour Day 6 (SKY ONE) - 4/6/2007 7:45:44 AM   
DJ Rob C: Mark II!

Damn fine cliffhanger to a damn fine if now flawed season

Series Six- 4/5

When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die

Third Highest Post Count on the Forum, sad but proud!

(in reply to BartonFink)
Post #: 216
RE: Jacks Power Hour Day 6 (SKY ONE) - 4/6/2007 10:37:08 AM   
Castor Troy

I think everyone's agreed it was a poor season. It showed so much promise when we saw Jack break down, saying he just couldn't do it anymore. That lasted for an episode and then he was back to normal. It was nice to see (like the end of Season 3) the effect the job is having on him. And we saw another glimpse of this in his brilliant speech to Heller in the last episode. That (along with some awesome Bauer take-downs) was probably the highlight of the season.

The individual human mind. In a child's ability to master the multiplication table, there is more holiness than all your shouted hosannas and holy holies. An idea is more important than a monument and the advancement of Man's knowledge more miraculous than all the sticks turned to snakes and the parting of the waters.

(in reply to DJ Rob C: Mark II!)
Post #: 217
RE: Jacks Power Hour Day 6 (SKY ONE) - 4/6/2007 11:23:00 AM   
KennyM

Ho hum, it had it's moments, but overall a poor season, mainly mecause Lost was so good this year IMO, and I really enjoyed Heroes as well. 24 used to be the daddy for me and I would love it to come back better than ever but I think it really needs to do something else, theres only so many presidential orders Jack can disregard, so many times CTU get's infiltrated, so many times Jack can get out of CTU custody etc..etc.. before you start gettin a bit fed up.

Powers Boothe and Tom Lennox especially(can't remember who played him) were good additions though.

Crap cliffhanger too, hasn't Keifer Sutherland signed up for another two seasons? Hardly going to top himself then is he?

< Message edited by KennyM -- 4/6/2007 11:24:26 AM >

(in reply to Castor Troy)
Post #: 218
RE: Jacks Power Hour Day 6 (SKY ONE) - 4/6/2007 12:21:56 PM   
libertine

It was the end of a chapter in Jack's life so that series 7 can pretty much go anywhere. The last episode was reason why i stuck through the most dissapointing season yet.

3/5

(in reply to KennyM)
Post #: 219
RE: Jacks Power Hour Day 6 (SKY ONE) - 4/6/2007 12:59:34 PM   
Nezzley

I wonder if this means the'll start day 7 without Jack and bring him in later,but of course the've killed off anyone suitable to take his place (Tony, Curtis). 

Day 6 was a bit of a stepdown, the fayad character was just a rehash of previous seasons and the disposing of supporting characters for shock value (Curtis, Milo) was just a way of disguising how predictable things were, plus a lot of the younger faces failed to convince (Wayne Palmer, Nadia, Doyle),  but the last 4 or 5 episodes improved things - nice to see Buchanan given something to do and Powers Boothe is a welcome addition, although he's far too creepy to be President.

"Baby i'm in the jungle of mystery and i've just been tortured by a spinal surgeon and a genuine iraqi, yeh i'm serious!

(in reply to libertine)
Post #: 220
RE: Jacks Power Hour Day 6 (SKY ONE) - 4/6/2007 2:03:30 PM   
benmharper

Enjoyed the season as a whole but after he caught fayed they was a 3-4 episode period wherenothing happened and it felt like it was being dragged out to make the full 24 eps. Liked the ending as the next season can start from anyway without having any loose ends to tie up. I agree with the above poster, there was a split second when i thought he would jump and the season would finish as he fell.

#3 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

(in reply to Nezzley)
Post #: 221
RE: Jacks Power Hour Day 6 (SKY ONE) - 4/6/2007 8:32:50 PM   
dj vivace

A very very sad end, but a nice one. I think this season wasn't great, and needed an emotional end like that, not sure if i could've handled an end like Season 5 again. It was satisfying to finally see Jack making his point and demanding he gets some sort of recognition, and to really give Heller a piece of his mind. Chloe came as no shock, and i'm glad that fucker Chan is finally arrested. Could the next series be all about the chinese trying to get him back? Not the best of seasons, but when i think back over what happened, there were some real classic moments.

I think the problem for me is that i'm used to watching it on dvd  and having the freedom to watch it as i please, so the slow boring epiodes really stuck out. Still a great series overall, and it is 6 series old so they can't all be perfect. Maybe the makers will learn from this

you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!

See more of my reviews here under the name Matt Wavish :
Horror Cult Film Reviews

(in reply to benmharper)
Post #: 222
RE: Jacks Power Hour Day 6 (SKY ONE) - 5/6/2007 8:56:53 AM   
jediwarrior

Not the greatest series of 24.

Trouble is where do you go from here. We now had a nuclear bomb going off in LA so if we yet again get another nuclear threat is just be another rehash and the shock value of a bomb going off has now been done.

They need to get out of LA and do the next series elsewhere. Either maybe in New York, Washington or how about Jack being on a mission in another country like Russia or China just so it gives us all a change.

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to dj vivace)
Post #: 223
RE: Jacks Power Hour Day 6 (SKY ONE) - 5/6/2007 12:27:33 PM   
xim123

I thought the next series was supposed to be a prequel, Day Zero.  Not sure how (or if) that would work but at least they've recognised the need to shake things up a bit.

My Film Diary

(in reply to jediwarrior)
Post #: 224
RE: Jacks Power Hour Day 6 (SKY ONE) - 5/6/2007 1:43:40 PM   
tarantinofan

quote:

ORIGINAL: jediwarrior

Not the greatest series of 24.

Trouble is where do you go from here. We now had a nuclear bomb going off in LA so if we yet again get another nuclear threat is just be another rehash and the shock value of a bomb going off has now been done.

They need to get out of LA and do the next series elsewhere. Either maybe in New York, Washington or how about Jack being on a mission in another country like Russia or China just so it gives us all a change.

I think they have to have a less public story line. They dont need other countries or terrorists or threats to the public or anything, just an old fashioned thriller, a bit like season one.

(in reply to jediwarrior)
Post #: 225
RE: Jacks Power Hour Day 6 (SKY ONE) - 5/6/2007 1:55:32 PM   
Sleepy

Click Here for some talk of the seventh season (no plot details contained).

When it comes to the evil intentions of man, I'm always optimistic.

(in reply to xim123)
Post #: 226
RE: Jacks Power Hour Day 6 (SKY ONE) - 6/6/2007 10:33:01 AM   
Vadersville

Hmmm, overall a very patchy season. Although, nowhere near as bad as Day 4: one good half followed by a excuriatingly bad half, saved by an ending that set up probably the best season ever of 24, Day 5.
This season has had some absolutlely classic moments, the first four episodes being some of the best television I've ever seen. But for me the problem started when they soon went down the nuclear road again. This was pulled off brillantly in Day 2 and swept under the rug quickly with Day 4 (No one ever talks about that city that went into meltdown. Just how much of America is nuclear now?!). When the show first started off and the terrorist threat was a constant deadly barrage of sucicide bombers across the country, the danger felt very real and the scene on the train was amazing. But whilst that scene of the mushrom cloud and a broken Jack staring up into the sky was fantastic, where do you really go from there? Day 5 hit it on the head by going for a smaller more intimate terrorist threat with the nerve gas, it looked like Day 6 was going to learn from from these lessons but sadly no.

It seems so obvious that Josh is Jack's son but there are two things that really go against this.
1) The timeline doesn't fit. Jack left them all before Josh was conceived let alone born. He'd have to ve older than Kim to be Jack's.
2) Whilst looking a lot like Kim and haring some of Jack's mannerisms he does have a Graem shaped head...

Phillip Bauer was fantastic thanks to some great work by James Cromwell, and the "lessons" he was trying to teach Josh in the final episode as they made their escape gave a great insight into perhaps Jack's upbringing. Whether Jack wants to admit it or not his father seems to have had an important role in making him the man he is.
Overall, I'm glad we got this chance to see more of the Bauer family and see a glimse into the life Jack came from before Teri and Kim. Part of me just wishes that Phillip hadn't returned and just disapeered after leaving that phone for Jack and came back in a later season similar to how Nina popped up again and again, but used a little more sparingly. He can't really be dead can he?

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to Sleepy)
Post #: 227
RE: Jacks Power Hour Day 6 (SKY ONE) - 8/6/2007 10:57:01 AM   
Vadersville

Somebody please help talk to me.....

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 228
RE: Jacks Power Hour Day 6 (SKY ONE) - 8/6/2007 1:45:00 PM   
Sleepy

Like you said the problem with going through with the nuclear attack was that it ended up like a cheap shock tactic, not showing much in the way of after effect or consequence. After the episode of Jack and the helicopter rescue it was pretty much business as normal for CTU. It would have been nice to show how it interfered with their investigation, but they pretty much wizzed around LA without a care.

I also didn't like how they decided to make evil baldy bloke (Graem) turn out to be his brother. Again it felt like another cheap shock tactic. But was happy to see his dad make an appearance - and James Cromwell was as dependable as ever in the role.

When it comes to the evil intentions of man, I'm always optimistic.

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 229
RE: Jacks Power Hour Day 6 (SKY ONE) - 9/6/2007 1:44:59 PM   
kingalan

Well, time for my two pence worth...

On the whole, pretty weak season. Some great moments, mainly in the first few episodes but I have to agree with the general consensus that this is the last time 24 is going to just about get away with repeating themselves. I was annoyed during season 5 when they lead us into the season with false pretenses only to settle back into the chasing-a-threat comfort of the previous seasons. Luckily, season 5 maintained the suspense and isolated moments well enough for us to forgive this. Then the promo material started circulating for Season 6: "JACK'S COUNTRY NEEDS HIM DEAD" they told us... trailers which backed this fact up only made us anticipate the sixth day more and more. Who didn't touch cloth watching that trailer fr the first time...? "We're asking you to sacrifice yourself" etc etc

And then, low and behold, a couple of episodes in...'ooooh a nuclear threat' and so we were back. Fayed couldn't have been all that arsed about avenging his brother seeing as he seemed to forget all about that vendetta as soon as Bauer ran out with a gob-full of jugular. It was same-old same-old from there with a few minor highlights (liked the Bauer-family aspect, the bomb going off [although that was clearly a shark-jumping moment, I still couldn't help but be wowed] etc). Welcome characters were Tom Lennox, the Vice President and Doyle. All three added a much-needed edge to the season but also highlighted one of 24's biggest problems of the last few years; we have no characters to really root for except Jack anymore. Sure Bill, Karen etc are likeable but they're no T-man, Palmer or Michelle, not by a long shot. No doubt next season half of the characters we've only just got to know will be gone, and a new cast will be there for us to have to get used  to.

Which brings me onto the finale. In general, like the season itself, very disappointing. Rather than the subtle 'outing' of Logan from the S5 finale, we had a cliched buddy team-up, oil-rig rescue "before the place is hit with an air-strike"..yawn. James Cromwell is actually too good for the weak pantomime material he was given. Plus he was underused.

That all said, the final ten minutes were astonishing. The most human we'e seen Jack since S3. Very subtle, very brave and very effective. Finally he's realising what the country owes him and how his job has ruined his life. His scene with Heller was amazing and his goodbye to Audrey was a retina-glazer.

We're at a point now were we have no clue how S7 could begin. Where will Jack be? What will he be up to? It's such a question mark that I intend to avoid any rumours/trailers/promos whatsoever and go in completely unaware as to the jist of the day. At least this way, I won't have any preconceptions to be dissapointed by when, by episode 4, Jacks chasing "A deadly mix between a gas and a virus. In a bomb."

S1: 5/5
S2: 5/5
S3: 5/5
S4: 2/5
S5: 4/5
S6: 3/5

< Message edited by kingalan -- 9/6/2007 1:48:53 PM >

(in reply to Sleepy)
Post #: 230
RE: Jacks Power Hour Day 6 (SKY ONE) - 9/6/2007 8:56:14 PM   
Darth Goonie

WARNING: POTENTIAL SPOILERS!

Did I miss something: Was the chip ever recovered or its destruction confirmed? I assume it was on the rig when it blew up and all of the characters were saying that it had been destroyed but I don't actually recall seeing it. Can anyone tell me if I missed this crucial moment? If indeed it wasn't destroyed could it form some part of next season's storyline?

(in reply to kingalan)
Post #: 231
RE: Jacks Power Hour Day 6 (SKY ONE) - 10/6/2007 11:39:58 AM   
Gazdance

In response to the Day Zero rumours; there is a link on the official site that is some sort of promo cartoon for Sure deodorant (or the U.S. equivalent).  It's called Day Zero and is set before Season One, it has Nina Myres and a few other faces in it.  It's a bit crap but does have Kiefer doing the voice for Jack.  I think that's where the notion of a prequel season may have come from.

Anyway, does anyone think that a Day Zero season would be a bad idea?  Keep it moving forward.  Change locations but please keep Chloe, she's great!

(in reply to Darth Goonie)
Post #: 232
RE: Jacks Power Hour Day 6 (SKY ONE) - 10/6/2007 1:28:38 PM   
kingalan

I think if they could genuinely pull something special out of the bag next year, then  yes, keep things moving forward. However, if we're going to be treated to another season like the last one, a prequel may be just the ticket. It would be interesting (if done correctly) to see Jack and Nina as a team again, only this time knowing her true loyalties. Not to mention wed have the T-man and Mason back.

(in reply to Gazdance)
Post #: 233
RE: Jacks Power Hour Day 6 (SKY ONE) - 10/6/2007 7:29:29 PM   
libertine

I really don't think next season will be dissapointing, the writers need day6 to realise they have to do something fresh like the bond franchise for example. I still love the show and highly anticipating the new season. The writers even said they knew they had messed up the plotting of day6 which was the reason they ended the nuke plot and started the Audrey one.

1. day 3 - best plot, Michelle's best moments, great villain and what an end!
2. day 1 - I like the fact its the most realistic of the lot, at least for 24.
3. day 5 - Back to form, great villains, brilliant story and that President!
4. day 4 -really not that bad! Keeps the tension high throughout.
5. day 2-really not a big fan like most people of this series.
6. day 6 *sigh*

(in reply to kingalan)
Post #: 234
RE: Jacks Power Hour Day 6 (SKY ONE) - 11/6/2007 9:33:25 PM   
Zaphod121

A fairly lackluster season, just overall a bit broing and well... blah, you know what I mean? It definitly had some great moments and started off really good then went downhill from but then started to pick up a bit again. My ratings for the seasons

S5: 5/5
S1: 5/5
S3: 4/5
S2 :4/5
S4: (only just) 4/5
S6: 3/5

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to libertine)
Post #: 235
RE: Jacks Power Hour Day 6 (SKY ONE) - 14/6/2007 2:27:35 AM   
Orbital

quote:

ORIGINAL: libertine

I really don't think next season will be dissapointing, the writers need day6 to realise they have to do something fresh like the bond franchise for example. I still love the show and highly anticipating the new season. The writers even said they knew they had messed up the plotting of day6 which was the reason they ended the nuke plot and started the Audrey one.

1. day 3 - best plot, Michelle's best moments, great villain and what an end!
2. day 1 - I like the fact its the most realistic of the lot, at least for 24.
3. day 5 - Back to form, great villains, brilliant story and that President!
4. day 4 -really not that bad! Keeps the tension high throughout.
5. day 2-really not a big fan like most people of this series.
6. day 6 *sigh*

I really enjoyed the third and fifth seasons, can't really say which season is best overall because there are still a lot of episodes I've missed - might trying downloading a few soon.

(in reply to libertine)
Post #: 236
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: 24 SEASON 6 (Sky One Thread) Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI