Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: 24 SEASON 6 - Sky One

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: 24 SEASON 6 - Sky One Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 24 SEASON 6 - Sky One - 11/2/2007 4:20:48 PM   
kingalan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dragar 11(New Birth)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vadersville

These episodes were okish. Jack didnt do much besides drive but what he did do was fantastic and gripping which made it all the more frustrating with the boring sub-plots. Is it just me or is Palmer's sister voice really, really iritating? Wayne's president is okay with me in the sense that I get he's trying hard but is obviously nowhere near as ready for the presidency as his brother was. I get the feeling that he was probably partially elected thanks to the weight that went with his brother's name and legacy and is struggling with that. And oh, Graham, Jack's brother? What-the-fuck!?

1. Yup she is irritating as hell mis cast IMO

2. Siblings? I fear we are heading for more Season 4 type nonsense. What is all that about. Is going to be a soap opera now.

To be honest, the siblings thing (and the fact that it's Bluetooth man) is the only interesting thing about the season at this point. If it wasn't for that we'd be back to same old same old yet again. Jack's troubled mind after China has cleared right up and he's just the same old Bauer chasing Nukes.

(in reply to Dragar 11(New Birth))
Post #: 91
RE: 24 SEASON 6 - Sky One - 11/2/2007 6:46:53 PM   
libertine

Disagree. He's definitely different, but yes the same old jack in the fact that hes getting through the day with adreneline alone. He does however, look pretty ill i thought.

Anyway, 24 rocks!

(in reply to kingalan)
Post #: 92
RE: 24 SEASON 6 - Sky One - 12/2/2007 9:44:09 AM   
silverado

I really enjoyed last nights episode.

I thought it was really obvious that Jack's dad was going to kill Graham at the end. His reasons were differentto what I expected though.

It's a shame that they've got rid of Paul McCrane so quickly though.

One thing I didn't get about last night's episode. Graham sent Jack and his dad off with two guys who were going to kill them. If they were never going to kill the dad why did he turn on them? Why not let them kill Jack and then go? Surely it was a bit risky for him to take one of them on.

I also wonder if Graham admitting to the assasination of David Palmer and Tony and Michelle will see the return of Logan somehow.

Great twist with Morris. Didn't see that coming though it seems kind of obvious now. First I just thought it was like Edgar in season 4 but turns out to be much more interesting.

(in reply to libertine)
Post #: 93
RE: 24 SEASON 6 - Sky One - 12/2/2007 11:43:41 AM   
Vadersville

[quote]ORIGINAL: silverado

I really enjoyed last nights episode.

I thought it was really obvious that Jack's dad was going to kill Graham at the end. His reasons were differentto what I expected though.

It's a shame that they've got rid of Paul McCrane so quickly though.

One thing I didn't get about last night's episode. Graham sent Jack and his dad off with two guys who were going to kill them. If they were never going to kill the dad why did he turn on them? Why not let them kill Jack and then go? Surely it was a bit risky for him to take one of them on.

I also wonder if Graham admitting to the assasination of David Palmer and Tony and Michelle will see the return of Logan somehow.

Great twist with Morris. Didn't see that coming though it seems kind of obvious now.
First I just thought it was like Edgar in season 4 but turns out to be much more interesting.
[/quote]

1.) Yeah, I was waiting for Phillip to kill Graham too, although I thought it would have been out of like embarssment or something. I also thought for a moment he was gonna kill himself first when he said to Jack "I need a moment."

2.) I'm guessing its so that Graham could take the fall and Phillip and the family business could live on like Graham said. If they did a runner the business would obviously be left behind them and they would both be fugitives.

3.) Yeah I actually groaned out loud when Milo told Chloe about Morris' brother. It was done in Season 3 with that tech guy's sister being in the hotel and then again with Edgar, I was honestly beginning to lose hope and then with that twist that it was a trap to get him out of CTU, I knew 24 was truely back on form.

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to silverado)
Post #: 94
RE: 24 SEASON 6 - Sky One - 18/2/2007 10:09:51 PM   
Castor Troy

Pretty good episode tonight - much better than last weeks.

The drill torture was pretty harsh - and I loved Jack's disappointment with Morris. Still nothing exciting with secondary characters. Wayne has nothing on his brother - mainly acting skills.

The individual human mind. In a child's ability to master the multiplication table, there is more holiness than all your shouted hosannas and holy holies. An idea is more important than a monument and the advancement of Man's knowledge more miraculous than all the sticks turned to snakes and the parting of the waters.

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 95
RE: 24 SEASON 6 - Sky One - 18/2/2007 11:07:14 PM   
James2183

The whole CTU surrounding the place, only to have the main enemy escape is just annoying now and has been since Season 2. On top of this, apart from the little bit of shakey hand Jack, we have seen nothing of the effects of his time as a prisoner. After a brilliant opening couple of episodes, 24 has started to go a bit stale. 

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to Castor Troy)
Post #: 96
RE: 24 SEASON 6 - Sky One - 18/2/2007 11:20:23 PM   
Woger

Anyone else thinking that Graemes kid was going to turn out to be Jacks?

Eddie: "Weve been burgaled"
Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 97
RE: 24 SEASON 6 - Sky One - 18/2/2007 11:28:41 PM   
Castor Troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

The whole CTU surrounding the place, only to have the main enemy escape is just annoying now and has been since Season 2. On top of this, apart from the little bit of shakey hand Jack, we have seen nothing of the effects of his time as a prisoner. After a brilliant opening couple of episodes, 24 has started to go a bit stale. 

I agree. They had the chance to do something really different this season, and we saw great signs of it (Jack not torturing that guy and then him saying he can't do this anymore). But they seemed to have forgotten about all this pretty quickly. The shoot out was pretty cool though - Jack with a shot gun!

And I really hope it doesn't turn out to be Jack's son because a) I don't want him to have a son (although it might put a real sense of danger into proceedings ala Season 1) and b) it's far too obvious.

The individual human mind. In a child's ability to master the multiplication table, there is more holiness than all your shouted hosannas and holy holies. An idea is more important than a monument and the advancement of Man's knowledge more miraculous than all the sticks turned to snakes and the parting of the waters.

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 98
RE: 24 SEASON 6 - Sky One - 19/2/2007 8:19:17 PM   
KennyM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Castor Troy

quote:

I agree. They had the chance to do something really different this season, and we saw great signs of it (Jack not torturing that guy and then him saying he can't do this anymore). But they seemed to have forgotten about all this pretty quickly. The shoot out was pretty cool though - Jack with a shot gun!

And I really hope it doesn't turn out to be Jack's son because a) I don't want him to have a son (although it might put a real sense of danger into proceedings ala Season 1) and b) it's far too obvious.

Agreed on all points. I think they are just running over old ground just now and CTU are pretty inept. How the fuck can Fayed get out when the whole place is surrounded? Why do they never inform the local police authorities when having a car chase, as opposed to following people with helicopters and sattelites, which has rarely worked in the past five seasons?
Some things are starting to annoy me about it.

Post #: 99
RE: 24 SEASON 6 - Sky One - 20/2/2007 4:05:51 AM   
BartonFink

quote:

Agreed on all points. I think they are just running over old ground just now and CTU are pretty inept. How the fuck can Fayed get out when the whole place is surrounded? Why do they never inform the local police authorities when having a car chase, as opposed to following people with helicopters and satellites, which has rarely worked in the past five seasons?
Some things are starting to annoy me about it.

I agree , things i used to take for granted , i cant help but question . This season should defiantly be the last , although that wont be the case , we already know a film is on its way.

I love 24 , i just hate to see it getting taken too far .

Saying this however , its still the best thing on TV.

(in reply to KennyM)
Post #: 100
RE: 24 SEASON 6 - Sky One - 25/2/2007 10:06:31 PM   
Zaphod121

Did anyone flick it on and find some narrator talking over the show, explaining everything that was happening on the screen, or was that just me?

(in reply to BartonFink)
Post #: 101
RE: 24 SEASON 6 - Sky One - 25/2/2007 11:03:07 PM   
Vadersville

It was fine for me. No narrators at all.

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 102
RE: 24 SEASON 6 - Sky One - 25/2/2007 11:16:23 PM   
F1xer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zaphod121

Did anyone flick it on and find some narrator talking over the show, explaining everything that was happening on the screen, or was that just me?

Yes, myself and my mate who lives round the corner both got a blocky picture and the audio description set to on.  It got so bad I just couldn't make out what was going on and the AD was irritating so I had to switch off.  We both have Virgin Media (Telewest), I wonder if this was a cable-specific problem?

I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy - okay, give me the bomb.

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 103
RE: 24 SEASON 6 - Sky One - 25/2/2007 11:18:11 PM   
Castor Troy

Another average episode. The only highlight being Milo getting a bit of action.

(in reply to F1xer)
Post #: 104
RE: 24 SEASON 6 - Sky One - 25/2/2007 11:20:13 PM   
James2183

Yup. It got to a point where I was begging the clock to speed up and finish. 

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

Post #: 105
RE: 24 SEASON 6 - Sky One - 25/2/2007 11:27:18 PM   
Zaphod121

quote:

ORIGINAL: F1xer

quote:

Yes, myself and my mate who lives round the corner both got a blocky picture and the audio description set to on. It got so bad I just couldn't make out what was going on and the AD was irritating so I had to switch off. We both have Virgin Media (Telewest), I wonder if this was a cable-specific problem?

I've also got Virgin Media, does anybody know if it re-runs at some point?

(in reply to F1xer)
Post #: 106
RE: 24 SEASON 6 - Sky One - 26/2/2007 12:03:50 AM   
F1xer

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yes, myself and my mate who lives round the corner both got a blocky picture and the audio description set to on. It got so bad I just couldn't make out what was going on and the AD was irritating so I had to switch off. We both have Virgin Media (Telewest), I wonder if this was a cable-specific problem?

I've also got Virgin Media, does anybody know if it re-runs at some point?

Saturday 03/03/07 10pm, Sky One

I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy - okay, give me the bomb.

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 107
RE: 24 SEASON 6 - Sky One - 26/2/2007 12:07:08 AM   
soderbergh1

i've got virgin media and didn't have a problem at all.

i do think the show has struggled to live up to the big nuke/curtis finale of a few weeks ago. quite a few average episodes since then.

"Well, when an adult male is chasing a female with intent to commit rape, I shoot the bastard. That's my policy."

LAST 3 FILMS WATCHED:
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe ***
Iron Man ***
Dasavatharam ***

(in reply to F1xer)
Post #: 108
RE: 24 SEASON 6 - Sky One - 26/2/2007 8:59:58 PM   
silverado

I have cable and was also stuck with the audio description last night. Apart from the last few minutes I thought it was one of the most boring episodes they've ever done.

(in reply to soderbergh1)
Post #: 109
RE: 24 SEASON 6 - Sky One - 27/2/2007 8:50:45 AM   
Dragar 11(New Birth)

quote:

Yup. It got to a point where I was begging the clock to speed up and finish. 

Exactly how I was feeling. When it was halfway through I felt as though it had been on for an hour and I was falling asleep.

I think it's time to look for another US show for kicks. I'm even enjoying Lost & Prison Break more than this tripe.

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 110
RE: 24 SEASON 6 - Sky One - 27/2/2007 12:07:21 PM   
heinousmoz

quote:

quote:

Yes, myself and my mate who lives round the corner both got a blocky picture and the audio description set to on.  It got so bad I just couldn't make out what was going on and the AD was irritating so I had to switch off.  We both have Virgin Media (Telewest), I wonder if this was a cable-specific problem?

It was a cable problem limited to a few people (Virgin say around 400). Check out the link on the beeb for more info:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6397967.stm

(in reply to F1xer)
Post #: 111
RE: 24 SEASON 6 - Sky One - 27/2/2007 4:02:04 PM   
Livvie

As a huuuuuge fan of 24 I must say I've been a little disappointed with the season so far -

Bill married to Karen??? - They're no Tony and Michelle
How annoying is Jack's sister-in-law?
I agree with James about the lack of side effects of the Chinese interment, not to mention killing Curtis?!!

After all ... tomorrow is another day.

Whoever you are, I have always depended on the kindness of strangers.

(in reply to heinousmoz)
Post #: 112
RE: 24 SEASON 6 (Downloaders & Sky One Thread) - 27/2/2007 5:21:57 PM   
Blunderbuss

The key problem for me with the current season of 24 is the nuclear explosion.  No matter what atrocity was perpetrated in previous seasons you could still just about believe that ordinary life would continue as normal around events in the show.  This time though, they've nuked half of LA (along with setting off a series of suicide bombs beforehand).  That's bigger than 9/11 and 7/7 combined.  Its an event of world shaking proportions.  Yet when Jack and the others are running around chasing bad guys around LA we don't see any real sign that much is wrong.  There's no gridlocked traffic as people try to flee LA, there's no rioting or National Guard on the streets.  16,000 people have just been incinerated yet Jack can still cross LA in about twenty seconds.

I like 24, don't get me wrong.  It just seems to me that with each season they're trying to out do the previous one in terms of size of the explosions/the complexity of the conspiracy/the number of cast deaths/etc, rather than trying to come up with a truly exciting, clever thriller.  If they continue down that road they risk jumping the shark completely and slipping into parody or complete fantasy.

"oh you don't want to shoot him. You'll just make him mad"

Post #: 113
RE: 24 SEASON 6 (Downloaders & Sky One Thread) - 28/2/2007 12:29:08 PM   
Dragar 11(New Birth)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blunderbuss

The key problem for me with the current season of 24 is the nuclear explosion.  No matter what atrocity was perpetrated in previous seasons you could still just about believe that ordinary life would continue as normal around events in the show.  This time though, they've nuked half of LA (along with setting off a series of suicide bombs beforehand).  That's bigger than 9/11 and 7/7 combined.  Its an event of world shaking proportions.  Yet when Jack and the others are running around chasing bad guys around LA we don't see any real sign that much is wrong.  There's no gridlocked traffic as people try to flee LA, there's no rioting or National Guard on the streets.  16,000 people have just been incinerated yet Jack can still cross LA in about twenty seconds.

I like 24, don't get me wrong.  It just seems to me that with each season they're trying to out do the previous one in terms of size of the explosions/the complexity of the conspiracy/the number of cast deaths/etc, rather than trying to come up with a truly exciting, clever thriller.  If they continue down that road they risk jumping the shark completely and slipping into parody or complete fantasy.

They have already

(in reply to Blunderbuss)
Post #: 114
RE: 24 SEASON 6 (Downloaders & Sky One Thread) - 28/2/2007 1:19:42 PM   
Woger

I still can't see how Jacks brothers actions in the last series was just about protecting the company!

Eddie: "Weve been burgaled"
Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

(in reply to Dragar 11(New Birth))
Post #: 115
RE: 24 SEASON 6 (Downloaders & Sky One Thread) - 28/2/2007 8:50:11 PM   
dj vivace

this series is proving disappointing, but finally at the end there was a hint if the tension of past series'. Lets hope it can only get better from here

you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!

See more of my reviews here under the name Matt Wavish :
Horror Cult Film Reviews

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 116
RE: 24 SEASON 6 (Downloaders & Sky One Thread) - 4/3/2007 11:01:27 PM   
Castor Troy

Much improved episode this week. I loved it when Jack said 'this is personal'. It had a bit of tension and excitiment and it felt a bit different. Not fantastic, but better.

(in reply to dj vivace)
Post #: 117
RE: 24 SEASON 6 (Downloaders & Sky One Thread) - 5/3/2007 10:53:01 AM   
Livvie

I wonder if like Woger said - the kid is Jack's son? He does look scarily like Kim and he looks about 11 which could be the age he would be if Jack and Marilyn had had an affair after Terri had died (I really don't think Jack would have had an affair with Marilyn while Terri was alive).

Nice to see Logan is coming back into the mix? Is he in prison? He looks a bit the worse for wear anyway!

After all ... tomorrow is another day.

Whoever you are, I have always depended on the kindness of strangers.

Post #: 118
RE: 24 SEASON 6 (Downloaders & Sky One Thread) - 5/3/2007 12:14:46 PM   
Vadersville

Superb episode! Loved every second of it. If there was one word to sum up this season so far it would be inconsistent. Some of these episodes have been absolutley fantastic whereas have been some of the blandest and most tedious this season has ever seen.
Little things like the lack of panic on the streets bug me and some of the the journey times seem to get shorter each season. They're fine when people are travelling to places but whenever they have to get back to CTU they're like teleported or something.
Seeing Milo in a little action was so cool and even though I kind of knew Jack was going to turn up before he got shot, that first gunshot made me smile. I really like they're handling the Morris aftermath as well. Way more interesting than that shit with Waynes' sister and the love triangle they tried to start at the beginning.
Also little glimpses that Jack is still not fully recovered like cutting Bill out of the loop and just accepting his fate at his father's hands.

Um, from what I can make out, Livvie, Jack had an affair with Marilyn before he even met with Teri, back when he was still in the Bauer family circle. I think his affair and the sibling rivalry was part of the reason he left. I doubt Jason is Jack's kid, he does bare a slight resemblance but he is her cousin and his head is much more the shape of Graham's. I would have said he was about 15 myself, but i could be wrong...

(in reply to Livvie)
Post #: 119
RE: 24 SEASON 6 (Downloaders & Sky One Thread) - 5/3/2007 12:39:10 PM   
libertine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Livvie

I wonder if like Woger said - the kid is Jack's son? He does look scarily like Kim and he looks about 11 which could be the age he would be if Jack and Marilyn had had an affair after Terri had died (I really don't think Jack would have had an affair with Marilyn while Terri was alive).

Nice to see Logan is coming back into the mix? Is he in prison? He looks a bit the worse for wear anyway!

Great episode last night. Looked as if Logan was under house arrest or something as he looked like he was in a living room. Can't wait to see what happens next.

(in reply to Livvie)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: 24 SEASON 6 - Sky One Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI