Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: What is Empire's Movie Trial?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Empire Movie Trial >> RE: What is Empire's Movie Trial? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What is Empire's Movie Trial? - 1/3/2008 10:13:06 AM   
dracovir

quote:

ORIGINAL: BlueDragon21120

MRis a huge uneducated mess of a film, after watching Baz Lurhman's Romeo and Juliet its easy to believe he could do no wrong. But a bunch of none actors, Kidman included, hoping around singing genuanly crap songs is just to shit all over what could of been a serious drama about life at the Moulin Rouge in its hey day. WHere a hard hitting film with a comeical heart should be, a nasty, plummy musical stands, with absolulty terrible bad door stage design. Seriously, if this films os great why? it looks aweful, the script is written around some nobodies favorite CDs which makes it horribly incoherent and on tp of that, the damn film tells you its ending so you ahve to sit through 2 terrible hours knowing that after all the sickafancing, you don't even get a shocking twist to turn your expectations of the film on their head.

No subtext, zero irginality, 100% a waste of time.

Take it into consideration with the Bohemian culture built upon consumption of absinthe, it makes perfect sense.  At least to me

Medals don't help me sleep at night...

(in reply to BlueDragon21120)
Post #: 31
RE: What is Empire's Movie Trial? - 1/3/2008 12:36:37 PM   
Tech_Noir

quote:

ORIGINAL: dracovir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

quote:

ORIGINAL: theram05

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

Next poll, is the Lord of The Rings trilogy overrated?

I know I won't win since 99% of posters, along with the entire Empire staff, love the films, but what the hey.

But its not over rated.

Phew.

Saved empire a whole month of polling there.

Stop talking crazy of course it is.

If anything it's severely underrated.

(loads gun)

Wait there a sec.

(in reply to dracovir)
Post #: 32
RE: What is Empire's Movie Trial? - 2/3/2008 3:58:16 PM   
Vadersville

Anyone else think this has been rendered pretty much pointless by the fact that the result isn't printed anymore? It would be nice to have a thrid page in the feature with the result of last months trial with a few quotes from the board, for and against.

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to Amar Vijay)
Post #: 33
RE: What is Empire's Movie Trial? - 7/3/2008 7:49:20 PM   
juanvasquez

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vadersville

Anyone else think this has been rendered pretty much pointless by the fact that the result isn't printed anymore? It would be nice to have a thrid page in the feature with the result of last months trial with a few quotes from the board, for and against.

I agree. And the fact that this months thread wasn't even started by Empire...

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 34
RE: What is Empire's Movie Trial? - 10/3/2008 5:50:40 PM   
Whatley

It's a feature in the mag that I used to find interesting until they stopped publishing the results in the next issue. If memory serves, I don't think any of the films (The Hulk, Pretty Woman etc etc) were ever found to be "guilty" (the ones that had the results published in Empire that is). And as I can never find the results on line I find reading the article to be pretty pointless now. At least if they sign-posted the results on the site it wouldn't be so irritating, but buggered if I can find them...

(in reply to dracovir)
Post #: 35
RE: What is Empire's Movie Trial? - 8/11/2008 10:45:14 AM   
Vadersville

Wow things have really hit rock bottom. Ghostbusters 2? I mean its the follow up to one of the greatest comedies ever! It holds a special place in the hearts of 80s kids everywhere! Even if you think it was a let down after the first one could anyone really justify the claim that it is guilty of "Crimes against Cinema"?! The fact that no one could be bothered to even start a thread for it is verdict enough that this should never have even been considered. This boring now, and a waste of two pages in the magazine. First, they stopped printing the verdict which made the whole thing pretty pointless anyway and now they trial films like this!

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to Whatley)
Post #: 36
RE: What is Empire's Movie Trial? - 23/1/2009 5:12:05 PM   
Psychotic angel

TITANIC
Gorgeous Sets, costumes, photography and music (including My heart will go on!). Some great drama.
Bitchy spoiled brat being in foul mood and slapping such oppressors than  male servants (!) . PC attitudes gone wild.
Not guilty, just a bit of shady character.

MOULIN ROUGE
Looks and sounds good.
 PC attitudes gone wild, part deux.
Not guilty, just a bit of shady character.
NEXT!

"FAT BITCH!" "CRAPSUCKING TURDS!"

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 37
RE: What is Empire's Movie Trial? - 3/7/2009 1:30:36 AM   
MI Cruise

They've stopped doing the movie trial in the magazine havent they?

www.letterboxd.com/micruise1/films/

(in reply to dracovir)
Post #: 38
RE: What is Empire's Movie Trial? - 9/9/2009 4:56:33 AM   
prontron07

i think they have i haven't seen it in the last few issues of the mag i kinda liked the idea but it got outta hand

You see, in this world, there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 39
RE: What is Empire's Movie Trial? - 10/9/2011 10:39:35 AM   
threshold

Can members of the general empire forum add more movies to the trial?
Cause there is only Superman Returns and AI, and these threads could be so much more...

(in reply to prontron07)
Post #: 40
RE: What is Empire's Movie Trial? - 12/9/2011 7:53:36 PM   
elab49

See up at the top of the forum page to the right? It will show the number of days you are viewing topics for. If there are only 2 threads that means they are the only 2 with recent posts. Change the pulldown to 'all topics' and you'll see a lot more. 

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to threshold)
Post #: 41
RE: What is Empire's Movie Trial? - 22/8/2012 4:35:33 PM   
The Hooded Man

So any film that's being discussed in other parts of the forum isn't eligible for Movie Trial or just ones started by me?

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 42
RE: What is Empire's Movie Trial? - 22/8/2012 4:46:26 PM   
elab49

I've responded to your slightly paranoid query by PM. As I said - TDKR is still in the cinema. It's hardly at the stage of a trial of entrenched considered viewpoints - the original point of this sub-forum - when it's still sitting in the cinemas and has two existing threads. Your post was guilty or not guilty - ie is it any good or not. That's simply duplication of one of the busiest threads on the Board and there's no point dragging it to a 3rd sub-forum when we'd not allow a 2nd thread on it anywhere else.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 43
RE: What is Empire's Movie Trial? - 17/2/2014 8:52:41 AM   
adamclarkk

I think the thread is quite interesting and the knowledgeable aspects are something to be known to the various people . Such an enthusiastic thread it is.

(in reply to Amar Vijay)
Post #: 44
RE: What is Empire's Movie Trial? - 26/5/2014 11:59:37 AM   
ElephantBoy

Can't believe such a thread has died

So can we just suggest films to go on trial is that it?

(in reply to adamclarkk)
Post #: 45
RE: What is Empire's Movie Trial? - 1/6/2014 12:45:19 PM   
elab49

It died because it was linked to a series of articles specific to the Magazine - when the mag ditched the feature this pretty much died with it. We've asked for the forum to be ditched as it's a bit of a pointless carbuncle that just attracts spam.

quote:

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 46
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Empire Movie Trial >> RE: What is Empire's Movie Trial? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI