Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Future Films

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Future Films Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Future Films - 11/9/2006 12:33:39 AM   
Anne Hedley

quote:

ORIGINAL: Riggs

Harry Potter And The Order Of The Pheonix was a great read but the film I expect will be better than the Chamber Of Secrets for it's scare element and the phsycological thriller aspect aswell.

Picture Harry in his detention class writing as his hand bleeds and writing in his own blood.

Horrible but a good adventure for mental thought.

The scene in the Ministry Of Magic ought to be exceptional especially with the battle between Dumbledore and Voldemort. 

I have to admit I have only read the first book but I have seen the the first3 films which I found very entertaining.

(in reply to Riggs)
Post #: 31
RE: Future Films - 9/10/2006 9:12:23 PM   
00dancal

well a good film coming out from Tarantino after the grind house series. Is the Inglourious Bastards a war film including michael madsen and tim roth, good? bad?

Cricket is baseball on valium

(in reply to Anne Hedley)
Post #: 32
RE: Future Films - 10/10/2006 8:58:22 PM   
Anne Hedley

quote:

ORIGINAL: 00dancal

well a good film coming out from Tarantino after the grind house series. Is the Inglourious Bastards a war film including michael madsen and tim roth, good? bad?

What ever turns you on Hun !   Personally I am really looking forward to the Prestige this month and hopefully next  month The Fountain  - if they are as good as I hope I will be a very very happy Hugh Fan

(in reply to 00dancal)
Post #: 33
RE: Future Films - 6/12/2006 3:20:11 AM   
Cody Powers

Hey, I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the Neil Jordan Borgia project. I heard it was about to start twice (with differing, but both pretty awesome casts) but that maybe there isn't enough funding. I need this film made so bad it hurts (I'm a PhD Histroy student studying the Borgias as well as a Jordan fan) does anyone know if it has  a chance?

(in reply to Anne Hedley)
Post #: 34
RE: Future Films - 8/12/2006 4:05:15 PM   
sarahtall

aeon flux wasnt good at all the affect were good but the storyline was just to crazy and the extras on the dvd what the hell were the people who made the cartoon on

(in reply to sabre)
Post #: 35
RE: Future Films - 10/1/2007 6:39:44 AM   
lovebhadz

I would like to add in this forum the upcoming action film titled OUTLAW...directed by Nick Love and the main character is SEAN BEAN....a very good movie ive seen the movie trailer in youtube...
http://www.outlawthemovie.com

(in reply to sarahtall)
Post #: 36
RE: Future Films - 24/1/2007 10:38:34 PM   
Fivefur

quote:

ORIGINAL: eD yzarC

Interesting in who people actually think Grace is playing in Spider-Man 3. Well, I'm not going to come on here and act like I don't know anything or anyone, but I do. I'll be honest with you guys, Grace is not Venom, but Venom is set up for SP4 in this movie. Topher Grace is playing Electro. Yes, Electro, not Venom. I like the character of Venom really well, he's a brute with no brains but his strength out matches Spidey's smarts. But back to topic, Grace is playing the blonde, ambitious billionaire Maxwell Dillion in Spider-Man 3. If you want a good idea of how the character is being portrayed, watch the Fantastic Four. He is a dark and moody character like Von Doom. Dillion is in poor health because of a rare blood disease so he has to take these antigens which come into play later. harry Osborne hires Marko Flint as a so called hired hand. I was told how Electro transforms. The Sandman comes into the movie already with his "Special Ability" and it is said how he got them through a flashback scene, thanks to OsCorp. Dillion is turned when The Sandman is fighting with Spidey near a super conductor transformer type thing, thats the best way I can describe it from the info i was told, and Dillion is knocked into it, causing a large explosion. The electricity reacts with his antigens and gives him the powers you see in the comics, including the ability to throw electric type Boomerangs, glide on a type of cloud of electricity, and to just use the blasts of electricity also. After this, Electro as he is referred to now, or Sparky by Spider-Man, which he actually uses in the movie a few times, blames both The Sandman and Spider-Man for what has happen to him. Even though he no longer needs his anitgens, he must now feed on sources of electricity to survive. Electro is introduced in what seems like the first half hour of the movie and spends the rest of the movie trying to kill both Sandman and Spidey. Meanwhile during the movie, Jameson's son returns to space with two passengers and a stow away boards his ship. yes its a small red-gel like substance that attaches itself to anything with molecules, remember that. Harry Osborne plays a smaller role in this movie, but maybe the most important. Picking up where his father failed with his military formula, he revises the formula...........into something more. The gel-substance attaches itself to Jameson and he then kills the other two members of his shuttle squad, he doesnt transform into anything, his mind is just being controlled by the well I might as well say it, alien. There is two, maybe three spectacular-mind blowing scenes in this movie. There is one battle that starts at the bottom of the streets, climbs to the roofs of skyscrapers, then travels back down to the streets in Time Square!!!! Another moment is when the shuttle is going to crash into the heart of New York, and you'd be surprised who actually steps up and tries to help stop the city from being destroyed!!! The third scene is for all of you non-believers out there, the climax of the movie which i will not give away on here, has a small scene showing our idioit of the day, Harry, yet again helping create a nemesis for Spidey, when he gives Jameson's son his newly revised military formula, which reacts with the alien controlling Jameson's mind. He almost instantly dies, and yes he does die!!! The climax of the movie actually happens inside, outside, and on top of the church where Jameson's services are being held. The funeral services for Jameson are being held inside while a battle erupts outside between The Sandman who has come to hunt down Parker, who he knows is Spidey because he was hired by Harry to kill Peter aka Spider-man, and Electro who followed Sandman to the church. When Peter and Mary Jane walk up to the casket containing Jameson, the battle between The Sandman and Electro bursts through the front of the church, creating a major distracting which is just the right moment for the now called alien symbiote to travel from Jameson to Peter!!!! Peter dodges people to the back of the now cleared out church but before he can even rip his shirt off, what I'am told is an amazing transformation using computer imagaing of course, that starts with a single black strand, almost like a hair that comes out of his arm, which Peter doesn't find too pleasing because he begins to scream, as the first strand wraps itself around his arm, and more and more black strands come out and do the exact same thing until his entire body is covered in an awsome black suit!!!! The suit also gives him a slightly bigger size, which I'm told you can notice he is bigger with the black suit, but not body builer freakish huge lol Then the final battle takes place with the new Spider-Man against both Electro and The Sandman......I can not say how this battle ends, but you will be slightly surprised, lets just say it dont end like the last two movies........then the closing of the movie. You see peter Parker sitting on top of a skyscraper, talking about his newly aquired "Greater" power, then Peter dives off of the building and his suit takes shape again as we see him swinging along like the last two ending, only faster, farther leaps and swings, you can truly see a newer, stronger Spidey. A small hint to look for when the movie comes out, at the end when peter is swinging past the building in his new black suit, as he come in close to the camera, you can see something in his white eyes on his suit, which I'm told will look like a outline of SP4's villian, yelp, you know who, trust me on this one people i know what im saying here and this is what SP3 will be like. Looking Forward? ive alredy got a 10 min video of Haden church as the Sandman in a scene with him making his first leap to the criminal world robbing a bank,until a certain wall crawler stops him that isthat scene i dont have on my drive (because no scenes with spidey have been filmed yet,but there will be come May)

Jeeeeezzzz man!!!!

FFS!

Satipo: Let us hurry. There is nothing to fear here.
Indiana: That's what scares me.

(in reply to eD yzarC)
Post #: 37
RE: Future Films - 31/1/2007 9:30:07 AM   
ajabombsite

Music heal our souls... so we can include the upcoming movie The Future is Unwritten :Joe Strummer . If someone knew Joe Strummer good for you .. for those who did not know him,. well he plays guitar in the band called THE CLASH.. hehe

I'm expecting for that movie because it is a true to life story though..

(in reply to Riggs)
Post #: 38
RE: Future Films - 6/2/2007 3:04:27 AM   
alvinsate

Me I know Joe Strummer....

You may wonder why but I just got this movie link for his true to life story movie ^_^

You can check it out..

http://festival.sundance.org/filmguide/popup.aspx?film=7399

(in reply to ajabombsite)
Post #: 39
RE: Future Films - 8/2/2007 8:51:55 AM   
kikoshoub

for me, the future movies i've been waiting is an horror, thrill and full suspense episode.. mybe, some kind of mysterious story.. sound interesting right guyz.. i read about the movie Waz directed by Tom Shankland, i read the details and sounds interesting for a horror film lover like me..

(in reply to alvinsate)
Post #: 40
RE: Future Films - 13/2/2007 5:01:48 PM   
mitchuk

Future releases I am looking forward to

A Guide To Recognizing Your Saints featuring Robert Downey Jnr and Rosario Dawson. Looks good in the trailers http://www.myspace.com/agtrysuk

Spider-Man 3 I'm a sucker for the Venom character

Southland Tales It surely can't be as bad as Cannes made it out to be...can it?

(in reply to kikoshoub)
Post #: 41
RE: Future Films - 2/4/2007 8:03:01 PM   
seffa

Anyone else really excited about Sunshine but dreading Potter five?

Sunshine looks to be one of those nail biting plot twists. You can just tell there's going to be one hell of an ending. And the special effects dont look to dissapoint either. Original idea and I respect Danny Boyle in every way, he's a director who knows what he's doing.

As for the fith in the Potter series; im not jumping to any conclusions before I see it, but it seems that the continual change of director's causes the series to loose it heart.
Just a thought..

'To put it simply, money is the essence of the downfall of man.'
YA

(in reply to Riggs)
Post #: 42
RE: Future Films - 18/4/2007 7:55:37 PM   
umer_ejaz

quote:

ORIGINAL: seffa

Anyone else really excited about Sunshine but dreading Potter five?

Sunshine looks to be one of those nail biting plot twists. You can just tell there's going to be one hell of an ending. And the special effects dont look to dissapoint either. Original idea and I respect Danny Boyle in every way, he's a director who knows what he's doing.

As for the fith in the Potter series; im not jumping to any conclusions before I see it, but it seems that the continual change of director's causes the series to loose it heart.
Just a thought..

Agree with you there, i think after three, everything went down hill, hope 5 and 6 are great.

#9 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

(in reply to seffa)
Post #: 43
RE: Future Films - 19/4/2007 3:28:05 AM   
Goa.Dragon

I quite enjoy the Potter films, but only because of the supporting cast, Alan Rickman especially. The problems with the films are not the changing directors, but the fact that the three main characters can't act and the terrible source material. (I persuaded my niece to read Philip Pullmans books if I read a Potter novel: three hours of my life I'll never get back. Luckily, I realised after the first 100 pages or so that you can skip read four out of five paragraphs and miss nothing) Badly written, terrible plotting, predictable "twist" ending, far too long... gah.

Sunshine is good, though.

When I was your age, television was called 'books'

(in reply to umer_ejaz)
Post #: 44
RE: Future Films - 19/4/2007 12:31:28 PM   
Charlie Burns

The most embarrassing is an adult that reads Harry Potter books. The films are adaquet for children and teenagers but once you escape puberty they simply grind on for too long with little real entertainment. The next in the series of these films to be trawled out will be as poorly made and acted as the previous ones due to the crazy decision made by execs that the next film has to come out a year after the last one was released giving the director little time to get the finished product they want. I'm not suprised the directors change so often, who would want to work like that, with such high expectation from a world wide audience.

Sex Panther

(in reply to Goa.Dragon)
Post #: 45
RE: Future Films - 19/4/2007 4:59:09 PM   
Goa.Dragon

I don't think I could have put up with the HP books even when I was fourteen! They are big, but they're not clever. There's a lot of good kids fiction out there, so why does dross like Eragon get made into a film? Let's hope His Dark Materials gives movie-makers (and kids) the right idea. And someone, somewhere, must be trying to make a Discworld movie!

When I was your age, television was called 'books'

(in reply to Charlie Burns)
Post #: 46
RE: Future Films - 20/4/2007 4:20:52 AM   
topcat1967

Harry Potter's a wank. whats the script with AVATAR i want to see it now.  in the future

< Message edited by topcat1967 -- 20/4/2007 4:22:46 AM >

(in reply to Goa.Dragon)
Post #: 47
RE: Future Films - 18/5/2007 3:49:14 PM   
koo1paul

im expecting 28 weeks later to be pretty good... mumbles to self something else abbout 28days later

(in reply to Riggs)
Post #: 48
RE: Future Films - 4/7/2007 8:03:34 PM   
The Guyver

anyone else looking forward to Firehouse Dog???

follow me on twitter @uexpectme2talk

(in reply to koo1paul)
Post #: 49
RE: Future Films - 13/7/2007 1:24:07 AM   
Mr Grady

quote:

ORIGINAL: eD yzarC

Interesting in who people actually think Grace is playing in Spider-Man 3. Well, I'm not going to come on here and act like I don't know anything or anyone, but I do. I'll be honest with you guys, Grace is not Venom, but Venom is set up for SP4 in this movie. Topher Grace is playing Electro. Yes, Electro, not Venom. I like the character of Venom really well, he's a brute with no brains but his strength out matches Spidey's smarts. But back to topic, Grace is playing the blonde, ambitious billionaire Maxwell Dillion in Spider-Man 3. If you want a good idea of how the character is being portrayed, watch the Fantastic Four. He is a dark and moody character like Von Doom. Dillion is in poor health because of a rare blood disease so he has to take these antigens which come into play later. harry Osborne hires Marko Flint as a so called hired hand. I was told how Electro transforms. The Sandman comes into the movie already with his "Special Ability" and it is said how he got them through a flashback scene, thanks to OsCorp. Dillion is turned when The Sandman is fighting with Spidey near a super conductor transformer type thing, thats the best way I can describe it from the info i was told, and Dillion is knocked into it, causing a large explosion. The electricity reacts with his antigens and gives him the powers you see in the comics, including the ability to throw electric type Boomerangs, glide on a type of cloud of electricity, and to just use the blasts of electricity also. After this, Electro as he is referred to now, or Sparky by Spider-Man, which he actually uses in the movie a few times, blames both The Sandman and Spider-Man for what has happen to him. Even though he no longer needs his anitgens, he must now feed on sources of electricity to survive. Electro is introduced in what seems like the first half hour of the movie and spends the rest of the movie trying to kill both Sandman and Spidey. Meanwhile during the movie, Jameson's son returns to space with two passengers and a stow away boards his ship. yes its a small red-gel like substance that attaches itself to anything with molecules, remember that. Harry Osborne plays a smaller role in this movie, but maybe the most important. Picking up where his father failed with his military formula, he revises the formula...........into something more. The gel-substance attaches itself to Jameson and he then kills the other two members of his shuttle squad, he doesnt transform into anything, his mind is just being controlled by the well I might as well say it, alien. There is two, maybe three spectacular-mind blowing scenes in this movie. There is one battle that starts at the bottom of the streets, climbs to the roofs of skyscrapers, then travels back down to the streets in Time Square!!!! Another moment is when the shuttle is going to crash into the heart of New York, and you'd be surprised who actually steps up and tries to help stop the city from being destroyed!!! The third scene is for all of you non-believers out there, the climax of the movie which i will not give away on here, has a small scene showing our idioit of the day, Harry, yet again helping create a nemesis for Spidey, when he gives Jameson's son his newly revised military formula, which reacts with the alien controlling Jameson's mind. He almost instantly dies, and yes he does die!!! The climax of the movie actually happens inside, outside, and on top of the church where Jameson's services are being held. The funeral services for Jameson are being held inside while a battle erupts outside between The Sandman who has come to hunt down Parker, who he knows is Spidey because he was hired by Harry to kill Peter aka Spider-man, and Electro who followed Sandman to the church. When Peter and Mary Jane walk up to the casket containing Jameson, the battle between The Sandman and Electro bursts through the front of the church, creating a major distracting which is just the right moment for the now called alien symbiote to travel from Jameson to Peter!!!! Peter dodges people to the back of the now cleared out church but before he can even rip his shirt off, what I'am told is an amazing transformation using computer imagaing of course, that starts with a single black strand, almost like a hair that comes out of his arm, which Peter doesn't find too pleasing because he begins to scream, as the first strand wraps itself around his arm, and more and more black strands come out and do the exact same thing until his entire body is covered in an awsome black suit!!!! The suit also gives him a slightly bigger size, which I'm told you can notice he is bigger with the black suit, but not body builer freakish huge lol Then the final battle takes place with the new Spider-Man against both Electro and The Sandman......I can not say how this battle ends, but you will be slightly surprised, lets just say it dont end like the last two movies........then the closing of the movie. You see peter Parker sitting on top of a skyscraper, talking about his newly aquired "Greater" power, then Peter dives off of the building and his suit takes shape again as we see him swinging along like the last two ending, only faster, farther leaps and swings, you can truly see a newer, stronger Spidey. A small hint to look for when the movie comes out, at the end when peter is swinging past the building in his new black suit, as he come in close to the camera, you can see something in his white eyes on his suit, which I'm told will look like a outline of SP4's villian, yelp, you know who, trust me on this one people i know what im saying here and this is what SP3 will be like. Looking Forward? ive alredy got a 10 min video of Haden church as the Sandman in a scene with him making his first leap to the criminal world robbing a bank,until a certain wall crawler stops him that isthat scene i dont have on my drive (because no scenes with spidey have been filmed yet,but there will be come May)

Sounds good.

Champagne for my real friends, and real pain for my sham friends

'My wife has an ass in her cock in the drive way'

(in reply to eD yzarC)
Post #: 50
RE: Future Films - 23/7/2007 6:34:29 PM   
Tanngent

Anyone see the add for what may well be a Godzilla 2 in the Adds before Transformers? Does any one have any information about this, its the one with Bad Robot ?

(in reply to Riggs)
Post #: 51
RE: Future Films - 25/7/2007 10:00:52 PM   
Mr Grady

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tanngent

Anyone see the add for what may well be a Godzilla 2 in the Adds before Transformers? Does any one have any information about this, its the one with Bad Robot ?

It's fast becoming a Transformers FAQ.  I've found more info.

Clicky

<EDIT> Here's a thread for discussion. Clicky

< Message edited by Mr Grady -- 25/7/2007 10:05:37 PM >

Champagne for my real friends, and real pain for my sham friends

'My wife has an ass in her cock in the drive way'

(in reply to Tanngent)
Post #: 52
RE: Future Films - 14/9/2007 5:45:20 PM   
umer_ejaz

Anyone looking forward to The Bucket Lisr with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman. It's directed by Rob Reiner, coming out some time next year

#9 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

(in reply to Mr Grady)
Post #: 53
RE: Future Films - 18/9/2007 12:28:59 AM   
pencilsharpenerhead

i was lok ing at the picture of viggo mortensen in news and if you cover his hair with your fingers he looks exactly like agent 47 from the hitman game

(in reply to umer_ejaz)
Post #: 54
RE: Future Films - 11/1/2008 10:57:34 AM   
laulau1904

Hi Everyone,

There's a new British film out this year called Rapture.

Have a look at the official site here: www.rapturemovie.com and also check out www.bethemoviestar.com for more information about the project, which involves online casting.

Enjoy!

(in reply to Cat5)
Post #: 55
RE: Future Films - 25/1/2008 9:19:37 AM   
Peter A. Quinn

Saw the trailer for In Bruges this morning (about 12 hours ago here in Oz), and have only just now completed laughing my arse off. As long as they haven't used all the good jokes in the trailer, this could shape up to be a mirthsome caper of Midnight Run proportions. As much as I loved Farrell's performance in the underappreciated Miami Vice, it's good to see he's put away the growly voice-box from that film and reverted to his natural brogue. Ralph Fiennes definitely adds a touch of class to the already hilarious premise. This goes straight to the top of my "Must See" list. Let's have it.

This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face.

(in reply to laulau1904)
Post #: 56
RE: Future Films - 10/2/2008 6:38:33 PM   
3328staff

As a newbee I may be jumping in here uninvited, but has anyone got a clue what the new X-Files film is about. I'm possibly the shows last big fan and I can see (hope for actually!) a franchise re-boot.
I'm going for zombies/vampires a' la whats hot at the mo'
Any takers

(in reply to Cat5)
Post #: 57
RE: Future Films - 19/2/2008 5:55:42 PM   
robsterboy

hi people just saw this film trailer on apple and i got the feeling i got when i saw the little miss sunshine trailer. ( a good film feeling) head over to apple trailers and check out the visitor

(in reply to Cat5)
Post #: 58
RE: Future Films - 4/3/2008 1:40:06 PM   
broonie

I know I've asked this before, but does anyone on this entire forum have any release date for The Mist?
I cant believe some of the shite that has been  released at the cinemas this year and yet still no sign of Frank Darabonts version of the Stephen King story.
I dont think I'm alone on this either, I think the majority of us would like to know!

Do you want to run this ship?
Yes!
Well,...you cant!

(in reply to robsterboy)
Post #: 59
RE: Future Films - 22/4/2008 1:32:03 PM   
Macavity

Just get it on playusa.com. I did and it's very good.

(in reply to broonie)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Future Films Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI