Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base? Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base? - 1/3/2007 11:30:08 AM   
Orbital

It was once remarked that Takeshi Miike makes hentai movies that even a Japanese war criminal can masturbate to

As for the weird fanbase I never understood the whole Starwars thing

(in reply to Pritchard_540)
Post #: 151
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base? - 1/3/2007 12:50:39 PM   
Smoking Gun

For your consideration - for sheer weirdness, how's about 'Society' starring Billy Warlock (Disappear up your own backside any one?) or the rather fabulous 80's video nasty 'The Beast in Heat'.

Superb.

We've been going about this all wrong, this Mr. Stay Puft's okay, he's a sailor, he's in New York, we get this guy laid we won't have any trouble.

(in reply to Orbital)
Post #: 152
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base? - 1/3/2007 1:23:34 PM   
hozay

quote:

ORIGINAL: evil bill

Must search out these movies Kira.And while on the subject of Asian movies we've i guess all at some point watched the Japanese MANGA animation movies.Has anyone seen the brillant GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES by Isao Takahata,it's a disturbing tale of the horrors of war,and follows two children orphaned after there village is distroyed and there parents killed.It shows it from the view point of the innocent children as hell breaks loose around them as they flee forthere lives.An excellent piece of Animation,and a moving story,realy worth watching,but not recomended for children.

I saw this amazing work from Studio Ghibli recently and was very moved by it.A lot of films get the "anti war film" label but
few deserve that label as much as Grave Of The Fireflies.Unforgettable and almost unbearably sad but I'd recommend it to
everyone.

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 153
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base? - 1/3/2007 2:57:50 PM   
ukacidman

Ive just seen Mulholland Drive for the first time.  typical lynch style mindfuck film.

Ive one of many questions. apart from what the fucks happened. is where the hell did Betty vanish to

" WAKE UP TIME TO DIE
"
last 5 cinema visits 2013
The Great Gatsby 7/10
Star Trek into darkness - 8/10
Iron Man 3 ( 8/10)
Good Vibrations 8/10
Cloude Atlas 7/10

(in reply to hozay)
Post #: 154
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base? - 1/3/2007 5:34:06 PM   
evil bill

quote:

ORIGINAL: hozay

quote:

Must search out these movies Kira.And while on the subject of Asian movies we've i guess all at some point watched the Japanese MANGA animation movies.Has anyone seen the brillant GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES by Isao Takahata,it's a disturbing tale of the horrors of war,and follows two children orphaned after there village is distroyed and there parents killed.It shows it from the view point of the innocent children as hell breaks loose around them as they flee forthere lives.An excellent piece of Animation,and a moving story,realy worth watching,but not recomended for children.

I saw this amazing work from Studio Ghibli recently and was very moved by it.A lot of films get the "anti war film" label but
few deserve that label as much as Grave Of The Fireflies.Unforgettable and almost unbearably sad but I'd recommend it to
everyone.

Glad to hear someone else recomend this brillant movie,and yes it is a very sad movie which truly deserves the label of being Anit War.

"You listen to me now,i will find you and i will kill you!"

(in reply to hozay)
Post #: 155
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base? - 1/3/2007 5:35:49 PM   
evil bill

quote:

ORIGINAL: ukacidman

Ive just seen Mulholland Drive for the first time.  typical lynch style mindfuck film.

Ive one of many questions. apart from what the fucks happened. is where the hell did Betty vanish to

Watch it a few more time's thing's are never quite what they seem in a Lynch movie.SPOILER Betty did not exist????

(in reply to ukacidman)
Post #: 156
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base? - 1/3/2007 7:14:04 PM   
dj vivace

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: dj vivace

Anyone seen this ?
Very odd little film

No! ca'nt say i have though it looks filmilar to me?
Was watching RASING ARIZONA at the weekend forgot how weird it was in places.Like the Bizarre bounty hunter biker,real fun and freaky,but what do you expect when watching a Coen Brothers movie.

Tom Thumb came out a few years ago, it's very cleverly made. Its filmed but then it's played back a scene at a time to get the Wallace and Gromit effect. And then Tom Thumb and his pal are models which are animated like Wallace and Gromit. Its only about 40 minutes long but it's very very dark, there's bugs constantly crawling up the walls. In fact it's quite nightmarish, worth a look

you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!

See more of my reviews here under the name Matt Wavish :
Horror Cult Film Reviews

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 157
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base? - 2/3/2007 11:15:03 AM   
Kira

quote:

quote:

Watch it a few more time's thing's are never quite what they seem in a Lynch movie.SPOILER Betty did not exist????

***SPOILER***
yes, Betty is just Diane's dream version of herself in the dream part of the film. Betty is successfull as an actress and Diane isn't. Diane stole the name from a waitress (hint: the name change of the waitress..)

< Message edited by Kira -- 2/3/2007 11:19:19 AM >

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 158
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base? - 2/3/2007 11:17:50 AM   
Kira

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: hozay

quote:

everyone.

Glad to hear someone else recomend this brillant movie,and yes it is a very sad movie which truly deserves the label of being Anit War.

oh, sounds really good!! Noted on my must-see list (phew, it`s getting longer and longer and longer...)

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 159
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base? - 2/3/2007 2:00:15 PM   
Gothzilla

As a point of discussion what are your views on the film that came first in Total Films recent list of all time wierdest movies ?

It was ( of course ! ) The Wizard Of Oz

Im of the opinion that this is not wierd just a modern day fairy story. What do you think.

It can't rain all the time.

(in reply to Kira)
Post #: 160
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base? - 2/3/2007 3:46:17 PM   
evil bill

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gothzilla

As a point of discussion what are your views on the film that came first in Total Films recent list of all time wierdest movies ?

It was ( of course ! ) The Wizard Of Oz

Im of the opinion that this is not wierd just a modern day fairy story. What do you think.

Well in truth it do'se fit into the world of strange/werid movies,as it is the tale of a young girl who dreams? or realy do'se cross over into another world(parallel universe)?Even though it's done as a muscial it is a werid movie for sure,though i would myself see it more of a FANTASY movie,but it has it foot firmly in real world at the start and then at the end,so it's not pure fantasy?Was it just a dream,thats what makes it a Werid movie,leaves you with a twist.

< Message edited by evil bill -- 2/3/2007 3:48:29 PM >

(in reply to Gothzilla)
Post #: 161
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base? - 4/3/2007 11:45:17 AM   
evil bill

DAVID LYNCH
  INLAND EMPIRE
           9th MARCH UK RELEASE
       SELECTED MOVIE SCREENS ONLY ???

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 162
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base? - 5/3/2007 11:34:37 AM   
Kira

Thanks evil bill, great news!   I'm counting the days, one, two, three ..

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 163
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base? - 5/3/2007 7:41:53 PM   
dj vivace

Just read the review in Empire, 5 stars!!!! Says it makes Mulholland Drive look like Jack-a-nory! 3 whole hours of mind fucking genius, can't wait and i just know that my local cinema's wont get it! I will keep my fingers crossed until they bleed

you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!

Horror Cult Film Reviews

(in reply to Kira)
Post #: 164
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base? - 5/3/2007 7:45:33 PM   
dj vivace

I just had to check and now i'm pissed off!!! Just checked the Vue website and it says Inland Empire is playing at Islington only, surely that can't be right can it? It really better not be!!! 

Horror Cult Film Reviews

(in reply to dj vivace)
Post #: 165
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies? - 5/3/2007 11:03:29 PM   
Gothzilla

NEWS NEWS NEWS.

Twin Peaks Season 2 has just been greenlighted for a region 2 release in the near future. Followed closely by a remastered and sound enhanced version of Fire Walk With Me including extras on the disc.
When I get definate dates I will let you know.

(in reply to Explosion in the Sky)
Post #: 166
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies? - 6/3/2007 4:19:27 PM   
evil bill

INLAND EMPIRE released and Twin Peaks season 2 on the way with a remastered version of Fire Walk With Me .I must be in Lynch Heaven,no just cheaked nobody talking back speak and no werid midgets around.WRONG! there's one at my feet AAAAAAAAAA!

(in reply to Gothzilla)
Post #: 167
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies? - 6/3/2007 5:19:07 PM   
Gothzilla

Release date for Twin Peaks Season 2 is ( at the moment ) 11 April. It will have all 22 episodes plus interviews, not sure who with though.

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 168
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies? - 6/3/2007 5:35:19 PM   
evil bill

Have season 1 so 2 is a must have.One of the best TV serries ever had me glued for every episode,along with most of the rest of the country going by it's viewing figures.At the weekend me and the mates would sit in our local pub and discuss the show,as it got stranger and stranger.Lynch is a true master of werid,as this show proved beyond a doubt,with it's twists,dreams,visions etc just BRILLANT.And of course the scenery added to the weridness and isolation that the character's went through.

(in reply to Gothzilla)
Post #: 169
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies? - 7/3/2007 10:55:28 AM   
ukacidman

I have to say I love this piece of sheer weirdness.

This is another great John Carpenter film. which does not get the credit it deservers. Itsa a great horror film

" WAKE UP TIME TO DIE
"
last 5 cinema visits 2013
The Great Gatsby 7/10
Star Trek into darkness - 8/10
Iron Man 3 ( 8/10)
Good Vibrations 8/10
Cloude Atlas 7/10

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 170
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies? - 7/3/2007 12:24:54 PM   
dj vivace

quote:

This is another great John Carpenter film. which does not get the credit it deservers. Itsa a great horror film

Ah, the woderful In The Mouth of Madness, John Carpenter's last truely great film! For some stupid god forsaken reason it's not available on region 2 so i have to make do with a fucking tape of it for now. But what a great film! Sam Neil was perfect in it, and my god there were some truley exceptional scenes in that film. The guy with the axe "do you read Sutter Kane?", the hotel woman with her husband chained to her leg, and i especially love the bit where Sam Neil tries to escape from that messed up town but can't. Up there with some of the best horrors ever i think. I remember the first time i watched it, i went down the pub after and wasn't really sure if what i was doing was real or not, i felt kind of un-sure about everything, so in that way i could say that the film had an effect on me. Of course this effect soon wore off as the pints started to flow!

Horror Cult Film Reviews

(in reply to ukacidman)
Post #: 171
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies? - 7/3/2007 12:27:16 PM   
dj vivace

I've just ordered William Peter Blatty's Ninth Configuration, never seen it. Will i like it or not? After watching Exorcist 3 for the millionth time (exaggeration) on sunday i decided this man has far too much talent to make a bad film. So i thought fuck it and ordered it, anyone seen it?

Horror Cult Film Reviews

(in reply to dj vivace)
Post #: 172
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies? - 7/3/2007 12:59:22 PM   
Kira

Havent seen the The Mouth of Madness and havent seen the Ninth Configuration, sorry. I've seen Soylent Green recently. The film is not weird/strange enough IMO. It was ok, but I hate Charlton Heston. So the movie was kinda hard to watch.

(in reply to dj vivace)
Post #: 173
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies? - 7/3/2007 1:20:27 PM   
dj vivace

Go now and find In The Mouth Of Madness!!! Go go!!! It's a must!!!

Horror Cult Film Reviews

(in reply to Kira)
Post #: 174
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies? - 7/3/2007 1:27:23 PM   
Kira

gulp ...yes sir! 

(in reply to dj vivace)
Post #: 175
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies? - 7/3/2007 1:47:24 PM   
dj vivace

http://amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_d_h_/026-0205997-3113254?url=search-alias%3Ddvd&field-keywords=in+the+mouth+of+madness

Its 4.62 from amazon, on region 1. Excuse my forwardness but i love this film!!

Horror Cult Film Reviews

(in reply to Kira)
Post #: 176
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies? - 7/3/2007 2:34:06 PM   
Kira

This thread is making me poor. I did it. Have I read Charlton Heston??   Also I've ordered The Beyond and Trauma.... OMG

(in reply to dj vivace)
Post #: 177
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies? - 7/3/2007 4:24:40 PM   
evil bill

quote:

ORIGINAL: dj vivace

quote:

Ah, the woderful In The Mouth of Madness, John Carpenter's last truely great film! For some stupid god forsaken reason it's not available on region 2 so i have to make do with a fucking tape of it for now. But what a great film! Sam Neil was perfect in it, and my god there were some truley exceptional scenes in that film. The guy with the axe "do you read Sutter Kane?", the hotel woman with her husband chained to her leg, and i especially love the bit where Sam Neil tries to escape from that messed up town but can't. Up there with some of the best horrors ever i think. I remember the first time i watched it, i went down the pub after and wasn't really sure if what i was doing was real or not, i felt kind of un-sure about everything, so in that way i could say that the film had an effect on me. Of course this effect soon wore off as the pints started to flow!

A real Carpenter Classic,must get it on DVD as the tape has went to VHS Hell!ie it's fucked!And yes dj vivance The Ninth Confguration is a great movie by W.P.Blatty,writen and directed by the man himself without studio interferance,and as i've stated before real werid in places,as it deals with the minds of veitnam vets.They are all officer's in a gothic castle,being put under medcail supervision,as they try to make sence of war,life and death.excellent!

(in reply to dj vivace)
Post #: 178
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies? - 7/3/2007 5:48:42 PM   
evil bill

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kira

This thread is making me poor. I did it. Have I read Charlton Heston??   Also I've ordered The Beyond and Trauma.... OMG

Plastic Fantastic always gets a hammering with this site.Good chocie's Kira, Fulic,Argento and of course Carpenter you can'nt go wrong with the Masters of horror not forgeting Mario Bava.And i'm not a big fan of mosse's ethier but he has apeared in Planet Of The Apes,Omega Man and Solvent Green three great 70's Sci/Fi movies worth seeing!

< Message edited by evil bill -- 7/3/2007 5:57:46 PM >

(in reply to Kira)
Post #: 179
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies? - 7/3/2007 6:10:55 PM   
dj vivace

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kira

Kira when you say you've ordered Trauma i'm taking it you mean the Dario Argento film yes? If so, then brilliant choice, a great film and look out for Brad Douriff!! The rason i ask is that there's another film called Trauma which IMO deserves a mention on this thread. Its directed by Marc Evans, who directed My Little Eye, another wonderful and genius horror. Anyway, i don't remember a lot from Trauma apart from the fact that it was very strange, but quite clever if rememeber correct. I'm gonna have to rent it and watch again to remind me of how good it was

Horror Cult Film Reviews

(in reply to Kira)
Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base? Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI