Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base? Page: <<   < prev  434 435 [436] 437 438   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base? - 8/7/2011 11:03:11 PM   
benny the jet

Yeah mate. It's stunning to look at and Anderson's only decent film imo

That means we only have thirty minutes to get you up that tree

I fucking love tea. Its my favourite drink after coffee and alcohol

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=585511933

(in reply to paul.mccluskey)
Post #: 13051
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base? - 9/7/2011 10:59:27 AM   
Platter

***Review includes big spoilers***  

Martyrs (2008)

Has a strong ten minute start but after the family have been shot it has a half hour sequence of lots of noise and running around the house that means nothing.  Most of it felt like pointless time wasting bloat.  Then a second set of bad guys turn up and it becomes a very unpleasant long sequence of torture.  It was well filmed and not boring, but it does beg the question; who watches long sequences of torture and enjoys it as entertainment?  Then it has an interesting, almost 2001: A Space Odyssey transcendence beyond the physical existence ending that also harks strongly back to Hellraiser 2 in many ways.  2001 as written by Clive Barker.   

The film was watchable and very well made, but I can't say I enjoyed it.  It's a superior horror film and it left an offensive, bad taste which means it must be better than average as so few horror films push your boundaries of what is acceptable.  It's a good movie and horror nuts should adore it.  I admire it for what it is, and it succeeds at being very nasty, but for me personally it was too uncomfortable and often lacking in a strong plot for long sections to be enjoyable.  

5 out of 10

If Human Centipede 2 isn't campy like the first film (I've only seen a small bit of part 1 from the Scy-Fy channel, I really didn't like it) and is just a long sequence of realistically filmed human medical experiments without much context given from the victims point of view then I can see why it was banned.  

My novel:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/This-Cuckoo-Island-ebook/dp/B00EIP4ZVS/ref=sr_1_4?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1377097535&sr=1-4

(in reply to benny the jet)
Post #: 13052
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base? - 9/7/2011 11:05:52 AM   
HughesRoss

That for Martyrs...

And that for Human Cenitpede, I myself found it very boring, but again, how can you judge it when you have only seen a bit of it?

Our first ever HCF MOVIE AWARDS

http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/2012/01/horrorcultfilms-movie-awards-of-2011-all-the-winners-right-here-of-our-first-ever-hcf-awards/

(in reply to Platter)
Post #: 13053
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base? - 9/7/2011 11:18:38 AM   
Platter

quote:

ORIGINAL: HughesRoss

That for Martyrs...

And that for Human Cenitpede, I myself found it very boring, but again, how can you judge it when you have only seen a bit of it?

I can make judgements based on seeing only a portion of a film.  Iím not saying itís 100% accurate with no margin for error, but why do I have to watch the whole of a bad film before I can call it a bad film?  If I canít stand the first half hour I feel I have the right to decide itís a bad film.  I don't lose sleep over it.

My novel:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/This-Cuckoo-Island-ebook/dp/B00EIP4ZVS/ref=sr_1_4?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1377097535&sr=1-4

(in reply to HughesRoss)
Post #: 13054
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base? - 9/7/2011 11:25:38 AM   
HughesRoss

Because I personally have seen many film's that I could have easily switched off at the begining because they were so bad.  Look at The Collector, I thought the first twenty minutes was pants and then it turned into something else and become one of my Fav's of last year....

My Opinion is that you need to see a whole film to make a judgement.  I have seen some awful horror films but they have been worth it because of one or two scenes.  I mean Bloody Night has got awful acting, nothing happens for the first hour, but the last half is a joy to behold, a real old style Slasher which I love.  You would have missed the quite wonderful axe to the chest scene by switiching off......

http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/2012/01/horrorcultfilms-movie-awards-of-2011-all-the-winners-right-here-of-our-first-ever-hcf-awards/

(in reply to Platter)
Post #: 13055
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base? - 9/7/2011 1:49:23 PM   
juanvasquez

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul.mccluskey

Spent tonight watching Event Horizon. Is it just me, or do the visuals make it look like something straight out of the Hellraiser universe? The art direction and set design were incredible.

I watched it the other night. It was pretty decent. Why Anderson couldn't have done as good a job as that on the Resi films I'll never know!

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to paul.mccluskey)
Post #: 13056
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base? - 9/7/2011 2:29:07 PM   
Drone

quote:

ORIGINAL: juanvasquez

quote:

Spent tonight watching Event Horizon. Is it just me, or do the visuals make it look like something straight out of the Hellraiser universe? The art direction and set design were incredible.

I watched it the other night. It was pretty decent. Why Anderson couldn't have done as good a job as that on the Resi films I'll never know!

Event Horizon is a stupendous film.   There is (or was) a tunnel at Alnwick Castle in the little dungeons bit which was just like that spinning corridor from the film (only it had skulls on the wall).  It was epic, and quite unsettling.  No real reason for bringing that up tbh, just padding out the post :p  But yeah, Event Horizon is excellent, I remember seeing it at the pictures and I needed a stiff drink afterwards.

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 13057
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base? - 9/7/2011 2:42:24 PM   
NCC1701A

[image][/image]

watched this as part of the classic Sci-Fi box set from Uuiversal. It about a UFO thats crashes in the north Pole and a group of scientists discover a Alien frozen so they take it back. Only for it to came to life. Not as good as John Carpenters 1982 remake. This is more Sci-Fi then Horror but there is also humour in the film as well.

4/5.

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to Drone)
Post #: 13058
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base? - 9/7/2011 7:53:26 PM   
paul.mccluskey

Anyone seen The Tree of Life yet? I went to see it today, it is a beautifully shot visual feast for the eyes. Very little dialogue, but the imagery is truly stunning throughout. I still can't get my head round it to be honest, it will take several viewings to appreciate its genius. As far as my interpretation of the film goes, its a meditation on life... I think! Deeply profound and spiritual as well as philosophical.

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 13059
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base? - 10/7/2011 7:56:00 PM   
evil bill

quote:

ORIGINAL: benny the jet

Lovely review evil Bill. Spot on mate

Thank you,Don't Look Now is one of the best of the 70's British movies.
quote:

Paul.mccluskey

quote:

benny the jet
Yeah mate. It's stunning to look at and Anderson's only decent film imo

Anderson's best movie without a doubt,where and how did it all go wrong,for a director that made a cult classic like this.

"You listen to me now,i will find you and i will kill you!"

(in reply to benny the jet)
Post #: 13060
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base? - 10/7/2011 8:00:49 PM   
evil bill

quote:

ORIGINAL: Drone

quote:

quote:

Event Horizon is a stupendous film.   There is (or was) a tunnel at Alnwick Castle in the little dungeons bit which was just like that spinning corridor from the film (only it had skulls on the wall).  It was epic, and quite unsettling.  No real reason for bringing that up tbh, just padding out the post :p  But yeah, Event Horizon is excellent, I remember seeing it at the pictures and I needed a stiff drink afterwards.

Notting like a stiff drink to settle the nerves .
quote:

NCC1701A

watched this as part of the classic Sci-Fi box set from Uuiversal. It about a UFO thats crashes in the north Pole and a group of scientists discover a Alien frozen so they take it back. Only for it to came to life. Not as good as John Carpenters 1982 remake. This is more Sci-Fi then Horror but there is also humour in the film as well.

4/5.

This scared the life out of me when i was a child,it was on the BBC Friday horror night double bill many moons ago.

(in reply to Drone)
Post #: 13061
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base? - 10/7/2011 11:00:56 PM   
Dr Lenera

Five people set out to sail in the oceans of Indonesia  -Luke, Lukeís former girlfriend Kate, Lukeís brother Matt, his girlfriend Suzie, and experienced sailor Warren.  However, their vessel hits an underwater rock and capsizes with an opening on her bottom.  A Great White shark is seen in the water.  Luke advises that they should swim in the north direction to reach Turtle Island, in Queensland, Australia, while they have strength since there is a current moving the boat in the opposite direction of land.  Matt and Suzie decide to go with him but Warren and Kate decide to stay on the hull waiting for help since there are sharks in the waterÖÖ

The Reef basically comes across as two thirds Open Water and one third Jaws, only Australian and, though nowhere near the quality of the latter, I actually enjoyed more than the former film.  Open Water was one of those films that, like the similarly styled The Blair Witch Project, was hyped up so much to be incredibly terrifying that the film just couldnít match my expectations, even if it probably was a good movie.  I didnít expect much from The Reef, but it does work really well as an exercise in pure, stripped down tension.  Donít expect much of a story if you watch it, but then again it is based on the true story of Ray Boundy, who was the survivor  [well, itís not a huge spoiler, since the characterís names have been changed for the film!] of an incident in 1983. Director and writer Andrew Traucki added two characters but apart from that what happens in the film is apparently pretty close to the real tale.  Traucki, who previously made a similar film called Black Water which Iím certainly going to see now on the strength of this film, shot the extremely low budget film in five weeks.  Despite Traucki streaming the making of the film online during its production, it doesnít seem to have been released in cinemas in many places, though in Australia it got a reasonably wide release despite complaints that itís showing would hurt the tourism industry!  Iím ashamed to say I had never heard of it until DJ Vivace reviewed it a while back!

Unlike Open Water and indeed most films featuring similar situations, whether at land or at sea, The Reef doesnít spend much time with preliminaries.  We are introduced to the characters really quickly, and though a scene in a shop where the jaws of various types of sharks are hanging on the wall nicely gets us in the mood for what may happen, Iím going to say that much of the scriptwriting is a bit crude here, especially concerning Luke and Kate, such as when Kate brings him a present, which turns out to beÖÖ.a large sausage.  We could have done with just a couple more scenes in the opening section too so we get to know these people a little better.  Still, the boat capsizes after what only seems about fifteen minutes, and from then on it really is nerve-wracking tension all the way.  Much of the footage just consists of the characters slowly swimming or shaking in peril, but Traucki doesnít let the pace slow, and the intensity is quite impressive.  Thereís a really suspenseful bit where Luke is swimming inside the capsize boat which doesnít sound like much but really does make you feel something could happen to him any time, and you wonít believe you much tension can be wrought from the characters approaching a dead sea turtle.  You really believe what you are watching, and it really helps that the characters speak and act how people in that situation probably would act.  A good example is that for much of the time they are swimming not huddled together, but more separately, so that if one or more is attacked the others can maybe get away more easily.  The ending does come rather too quickly though, even if that is maybe how it happened in real life.

This film uses real shark footage shot elsewhere and just matched in, a very commendable decision when they could have just gone down the whole CG route.  The same shot of a shark swimming underwater is annoyingly overused, and there was one shot where a matted in shark didnít look right but itís so quick I reckon most viewers would miss it, and for the most part technically the film is excellent.  Thereís not much in the way of blood and gore, but Iím not sure the film really needed it.  What does hamper the movie is the handling of some of the protagonists.  On the DVD Traucki compares Matt and Suzie, who are a Ďhappyí couple, with Luke and Kate, who have problems, and gives the impression that the latter couple are the heart of the film. To be honest though, they are not given enough time for us to care about all this, and having them suddenly declare they love each, whilst obviously intended to be a really touching moment, just comes across as totally unnecessary.  It reminded me of that ridiculous moment in Pirates Of The Caribbean 3:At Worldís End when Will Turner and Elizabeth Swann proceed to get married in the middle of a battle.  Traucki is great as a director though on the evidence of The Reef.  Although heís too fond of that incredibly lazy thing every horror director seems to do these days where a loud musical note is played to make you jump, he is terrific at suspense building, uses fast cutting only when he feels itís needed  [which isnít very often], and employs a variety of angles to keep things moving even when little is happening.  Heís helped in his efforts by the superb photography of Daniel Ardilley, who creates some beautiful scapes of the open sea, often pulling back to give us a true sense of the characterís predicament.  For the most part humour is nicely avoided in this film, though there is one nice cheeky homage to Jaws, where shots from its great opening sequence are duplicated.

The acting ranges from okay to rather good, and donít let the fact that three of the cast were in Home And Away put you off!  The best performance is by Damian Walshe-Howling as Luke, who sounds like an Australian Jason Statham!  The score is written by a guy called Rafeal May, who I initially thought must be the son of the great Australian film composer Brian May [not the Brian May of Queen!], but on investigation is no relation at all. Still, he turns in an effective piece of work combining orchestra and synthesizers, and for the most part achieves the extremely difficult task of not imitating John Williamís famous Jaws music.  I reckon The Reef is one of those movies you probably wonít remember much of a few weeks after you watch it, but while you are watching it, you may find it quite a riveting experience that could certainly have you on the edge of your seat for much of its duration.
Rating 7.5/10

check out more of my reviews on http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 13062
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base? - 11/7/2011 3:57:00 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

hey gang, has anyone here done a review of Primal? The Aussie horror movie. I watched it last night and absolutely loved it. Fantastic movie!

**************SPOILERS***************

It reminded a lot of The Ruins, another favourite of mine, with the ancient creature/ lifeform infecting people etc

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to Dr Lenera)
Post #: 13063
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base? - 11/7/2011 8:52:43 PM   
evil bill

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

hey gang, has anyone here done a review of Primal? The Aussie horror movie. I watched it last night and absolutely loved it. Fantastic movie!

It reminded a lot of The Ruins, another favourite of mine, with the ancient creature/ lifeform infecting people etc

DJ did the best review of this one but here's my short review;

Anja and five friends join anthropology student Dace on a journey to study remote ancient rock painting. Their excitement vanishes when Mel becomes ill after skinny-dipping in the waterhole,she becomes delirious,feverish with  bleeding from her eyes and mouth.Mel physically and mentally regresses to a vicious predatory state right in front of them,she has gone primal. Mels lover and friends realize they now her prey as she savagely hunts them down,as they try to escape,another one of them starts to regress posing a hideous choice kill their friends or be killed by them.

This Aussie horror movie reminded me of  RUINS before it,with it's storyline about an ancient curse/infestation??and a bunch of students in peril.With a great opening that leads to a great intense and white-knuckle ride of a film only let down by a lack lustre ending.Still from the moment Mel (Krew Boylan) turns and the others must figure out what to do about her as she moves about, seeking prey to devour,the blood and gore are on full flow,as we see her ripping through one of her friend's throats to feed on his carcass.As the mayhem unfolds it looks like only Anja(Zoe Tuckwell-Smith) is the only person who hasn't suffered some sort of infected bite. Chad (Lindsay Farris) Mel's boyfriend gets his arm is munched on by his beloved girlfriend, while Kris(Rebekah Foord) was attacked by a mutant rabbit. Dace(Wil Traval) makes the mistake of drinking some local water and not long after quickly turns,which for some reason is quick mutation compared to those bitten.

Writer/director Josh Reed has nicked a lot of ideas from other horror movies,like The Descent,Cabin Fever and Ruins to name but a few.But overall this is a very entertaining horror film,but gets a bit to over the top in the hamming it up acting,and yet trying to be smart at the same time,this spoils the ending for me.The effects and score are pretty good for this low budget film,and it moves at a good pace in the first hour,keeping the chill factor till near the end.6/10

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 13064
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base? - 12/7/2011 8:29:34 AM   
losthighway

Hello folks... not much to report cos i haven't watched anything weird or strange of note recently. Sorry! However, I can report that Shameless will be rleasing Fulci's DON'T TORTURE A DUCKLING in the near future. A film i still have yet to see! Shameful indeed as a fan of Fulci. Plus, Blue Underground are releasing a 2-disc Blu Ray of ZOMBI. And finally, Shameless (again!) will be releasing a 2-disc special edition of CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST with an animal cruelty free director's edit. The film is now only missing 14secs of cuts to the muskrat killing, however for anyone who got the Grindhouse Deluxe Edition from a few years ago, they'll want to keep hold of it... this supposed new director's edit is bollocks... the old edition also had an option to remove the animal cruelty - which as I said at the time it wasn't, it was animal slaughter for food!

Oh and i'm currently playing ALICE: MADNESS RETURNS on the 360. So far, it looks pretty but a few visual glitches and some rather simplistic gameplay means its taking a while to love.

< Message edited by losthighway -- 12/7/2011 8:32:21 AM >

The secret to becoming a star is knowing how to behave like one.

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 13065
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base? - 12/7/2011 2:34:42 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: evil bill

quote:

Anja and five friends join anthropology student Dace on a journey to study remote ancient rock painting. Their excitement vanishes when Mel becomes ill after skinny-dipping in the waterhole,she becomes delirious,feverish with  bleeding from her eyes and mouth.Mel physically and mentally regresses to a vicious predatory state right in front of them,she has gone primal. Mels lover and friends realize they now her prey as she savagely hunts them down,as they try to escape,another one of them starts to regress posing a hideous choice kill their friends or be killed by them.

This Aussie horror movie reminded me of  RUINS before it,with it's storyline about an ancient curse/infestation??and a bunch of students in peril.With a great opening that leads to a great intense and white-knuckle ride of a film only let down by a lack lustre ending.Still from the moment Mel (Krew Boylan) turns and the others must figure out what to do about her as she moves about, seeking prey to devour,the blood and gore are on full flow,as we see her ripping through one of her friend's throats to feed on his carcass.As the mayhem unfolds it looks like only Anja(Zoe Tuckwell-Smith) is the only person who hasn't suffered some sort of infected bite. Chad (Lindsay Farris) Mel's boyfriend gets his arm is munched on by his beloved girlfriend, while Kris(Rebekah Foord) was attacked by a mutant rabbit. Dace(Wil Traval) makes the mistake of drinking some local water and not long after quickly turns,which for some reason is quick mutation compared to those bitten.

Writer/director Josh Reed has nicked a lot of ideas from other horror movies,like The Descent,Cabin Fever and Ruins to name but a few.But overall this is a very entertaining horror film,but gets a bit to over the top in the hamming it up acting,and yet trying to be smart at the same time,this spoils the ending for me.The effects and score are pretty good for this low budget film,and it moves at a good pace in the first hour,keeping the chill factor till near the end.6/10

cool review. Glad to see we both compared it to The Ruins! I think i liked Primal a bit more than you did however

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 13066
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base? - 12/7/2011 7:37:51 PM   
evil bill

quote:

ORIGINAL: losthighway

Hello folks... not much to report cos i haven't watched anything weird or strange of note recently. Sorry! However, I can report that Shameless will be releasing Fulci's DON'T TORTURE A DUCKLING in the near future. A film i still have yet to see! Shameful indeed as a fan of Fulci. Plus, Blue Underground are releasing a 2-disc Blu Ray of ZOMBI. And finally, Shameless (again!) will be releasing a 2-disc special edition of CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST with an animal cruelty free director's edit. The film is now only missing 14secs of cuts to the muskrat killing, however for anyone who got the Grindhouse Deluxe Edition from a few years ago, they'll want to keep hold of it... this supposed new director's edit is bollocks... the old edition also had an option to remove the animal cruelty - which as I said at the time it wasn't, it was animal slaughter for food!

Oh and i'm currently playing ALICE: MADNESS RETURNS on the 360. So far, it looks pretty but a few visual glitches and some rather simplistic gameplay means its taking a while to love.

SHAMELESS INDEED!!!!Fulci will be turning in his grave knowing his bigest fan has not watched his classic Don't Torture A Duckling.
A two Disc of ZOMBI now that sounds good i have the Blue Undergound region 1 DVD.

(in reply to losthighway)
Post #: 13067
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base? - 12/7/2011 7:42:02 PM   
evil bill

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: evil bill

quote:

6/10

cool review. Glad to see we both compared it to The Ruins! I think i liked Primal a bit more than you did however

Well at least we watched the entire movie unlike a certain Platter,and both enjoy are Horror movies.

Post #: 13068
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base? - 13/7/2011 12:12:29 PM   
Platter

[/quote]
Well at least we watched the entire movie unlike a certain Platter,and both enjoy are Horror movies.
[/quote]

Do you have to finish a movie in order to have an opinion?

I've been getting it in the neck for having opinions about movies that were so boring/rubbish that I didn't finish them.

Is it wrong to voice an opinion on a film in these circumstances? It's not like I'm deceiving anybody by pretending that I did finish it.

I'm truly incapable of seeing the evil in hating a film, giving up half an hour in and then telling other people that I hated it and had to give up half an hour in. I really can't see the crime. Others though appear to be massively insulted by this.

Years ago I watched the first 45 minutes of Heaven's Gate. I know it's a turd based on what I saw. Why do I have to watch all four hours of it before it's acceptable for me to call it a turd? A turd that I will always point out, as it's a very, very important part of why it's a turd, that I gave up 45 minutes in. The opinion of someone who was unable to suffer to the end of a movie is as valid as someone who got to the end; as the failure to get the end is a very good indication of how good or bad it was.

Am I wrong? Do you have to watched all of a bad film before you're allowed to voice an opinion?

An interesting, but unrelated article about bad movies by Joe Queenan:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2008/mar/21/1

My novel:

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 13069
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base? - 13/7/2011 12:21:40 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

quote:

how do you rate the Resi's Juan?

IMO (best to worst)

Resident Evil: Apocalypse (feels most like the games to me, everyone says this is the worst movie though!)
Resident Evil: Afterlife
Resident Evil: Degeneration
Resident Evil
Resident Evil: Extinction

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 13070
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base? - 13/7/2011 12:24:03 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: Platter

I've been getting it in the neck for having opinions about movies that were so boring/rubbish that I didn't finish them.

Is it wrong to voice an opinion on a film in these circumstances? It's not like I'm deceiving anybody by pretending that I did finish it.

I'm truly incapable of seeing the evil in hating a film, giving up half an hour in and then telling other people that I hated it and had to give up half an hour in. I really can't see the crime. Others though appear to be massively insulted by this.

Years ago I watched the first 45 minutes of Heaven's Gate. I know it's a turd based on what I saw. Why do I have to watch all four hours of it before it's acceptable for me to call it a turd? A turd that I will always point out, as it's a very, very important part of why it's a turd, that I gave up 45 minutes in. The opinion of someone who was unable to suffer to the end of a movie is as valid as someone who got to the end; as the failure to get the end is a very good indication of how good or bad it was.

Am I wrong? Do you have to watched all of a bad film before you're allowed to voice an opinion?

Well it's fine to say you didn't like a movie and turned it off after 30 mins or 45 mins, however you cant then offer a vaild opinion for people who want to know the whole film is like. Also you can't blame people for attacking a 'review' if it's only based on part of the film

(in reply to Platter)
Post #: 13071
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base? - 13/7/2011 1:21:58 PM   
Snake-Eyes

Haven't heard that much about this one.....  

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

Post #: 13072
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base? - 13/7/2011 1:28:31 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

wow! I missed the first one though! Who directed that?

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 13073
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base? - 13/7/2011 1:35:18 PM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

wow! I missed the first one though! Who directed that?

No idea - I thought perhaps you could tell us on the dvd commentary.

Post #: 13074
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base? - 13/7/2011 2:35:54 PM   
HughesRoss

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snake-Eyes

Can I just say that having produced the 2 films, Snake-Eyes 2 is a the much better film.  The direction of DK enhances the sequel because he just fills the film full of blood which clearly lacked in the original. 

If you did not see the original, its about a ninja called Snake-Eyes who learnt the way of the dragon after a vicious gang of Thiads killed all the movie legends.  The first half hour we saw a lot of cameo's from Sly Stallone and co who were killed off by the nemesis called "Timmy!", who wanted to end all action films so the love of toon would shine through.

Strapped to the hilt, Snake Eyes rushed to save the day and the film ended with a 45 minute fight scene that put to shame the scene in They Lives....

With the sequel we wanted to expand the story of Snake-Eyes, we see his movie collection of stuff get stolen by a man called the "Rival!" who is jealous of the fame brought to Snake Eyes. 

What follows is a cat and mouse game that will thrill the audience, but be warned DK filmed a sex scene that see's Snake Eyes doing the business for a good five minutes.  We had to film this in long play to make sure he lasted that long

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 13075
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base? - 13/7/2011 5:08:56 PM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

quote:

Haven't heard that much about this one.....††

†Can I just say that having produced the 2 films, Snake-Eyes 2 is a the much better film.† The direction of DK enhances the sequel because he just fills the film full of blood which clearly lacked in the original.†

If you did not see the original, its about a ninja called Snake-Eyes who learnt the way of the dragon after a vicious gang of Thiads killed all the movie legends.† The first half hour we saw a lot of cameo's from Sly Stallone and co who were killed off by the nemesis called "Timmy!", who wanted to end all action films so the love of toon would shine through.

Strapped to the hilt, Snake Eyes rushed to save the day and the film ended with a 45 minute fight scene that put to shame the scene in They Lives....

With the sequel we wanted to expand the story of Snake-Eyes, we see his†movie collection of stuff†get†stolen by a man called the "Rival!" who is jealous of the fame brought to Snake Eyes.†

What follows is a cat and mouse game that will thrill the audience, but be warned DK filmed a sex scene that see's Snake Eyes doing the business for a good five minutes.† We had to film this in long play to make sure he lasted that long

I knew I chose the right producer for the job!

(in reply to HughesRoss)
Post #: 13076
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base? - 14/7/2011 6:42:34 PM   
losthighway

I watched BATTLE: LOS ANGELES last night... it was cliche ridden and tbh rather dull. The cheaper-made and infinitely superior SKYLINE is A LOT better! Avoid! Overall: 2/5

The secret to becoming a star is knowing how to behave like one.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 13077
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base? - 14/7/2011 7:30:50 PM   
evil bill

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Platter

Well it's fine to say you didn't like a movie and turned it off after 30 mins or 45 mins, however you cant then offer a vaild opinion for people who want to know the whole film is like. Also you can't blame people for attacking a 'review' if it's only based on part of the film

Well put,i will only add this this is called Weird/Strange favourite movies fan base,IE it's for FANS!!! of sci/fi,horror,arthouse films.You have stated more than once you don't like Horror,and are not that keen on Sci/Fi,so why even watch half a movie and slag it off.There are movies i hate,and ones i have not watched all of like Heavens Gate,these i have no real true opinion of as i have only watched the once and switched off way before the end.
PS:there are a number of threads devoted to movies you hate it's in Movie Musings.

Post #: 13078
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base? - 14/7/2011 7:38:28 PM   
evil bill

quote:

quote:

quote:

Can I just say that having produced the 2 films, Snake-Eyes 2 is a the much better film.  The direction of DK enhances the sequel because he just fills the film full of blood which clearly lacked in the original. 

If you did not see the original, its about a ninja called Snake-Eyes who learnt the way of the dragon after a vicious gang of Thiads killed all the movie legends.  The first half hour we saw a lot of cameo's from Sly Stallone and co who were killed off by the nemesis called "Timmy!", who wanted to end all action films so the love of toon would shine through.

With the sequel we wanted to expand the story of Snake-Eyes, we see his movie collection of stuff get stolen by a man called the "Rival!" who is jealous of the fame brought to Snake Eyes. 

What follows is a cat and mouse game that will thrill the audience, but be warned DK filmed a sex scene that see's Snake Eyes doing the business for a good five minutes.  We had to film this in long play to make sure he lasted that long

I knew I chose the right producer for the job!

As Scriptwritter on both i have to say i refused to finish writing a follow up if they kept Losthighway as director.Why because he wanted to turn that great gore filled sex scene into a Gay sex scene,with the addition of some animals???

< Message edited by evil bill -- 14/7/2011 7:39:41 PM >

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 13079
RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base? - 14/7/2011 8:56:31 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

has anyone done a review for Season of the Witch (not the Halloween sequel!)? I think it qualifies. I really enjoyed it, though it doesnt seem to have many fans. It's got witches, demons, cgi wolves and huge battle scenes! And Nicolas Cage and Ron Perlman! Though the less said about Stephen Graham's horrendous accent the better

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 13080
Page:   <<   < prev  434 435 [436] 437 438   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: WEIRD/STRANGE favorite movies fan base? Page: <<   < prev  434 435 [436] 437 438   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI