Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 3/8/2007 11:08:03 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

I heard Thaskin's government apperently shot drug dealers in a massive crackdown.

Apparently this is one of the human rights violations this group are on about. 

I would say it was an effective anti-crime policy.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to VincentHanna)
Post #: 151
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 3/8/2007 11:37:03 AM   
theram05

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

I heard Thaskin's government apperently shot drug dealers in a massive crackdown.

Definitely a zero tolerance approach. Wonder if it'll work with regards to Samaras?

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 152
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 3/8/2007 11:40:50 AM   
AndyR

The other accusation was that he was a bit rough in dealing with an insurgency by some extremist Islamic seperatists in southern Thailand.

What an evil, despicable man.

A man chooses, a slave obeys.

Post #: 153
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 3/8/2007 12:11:04 PM   
Sutty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t95eoZao2k&mode=related&search=

Been having a little look at Bojinov. Powerful, pacy, confident, and scores some wicked goals!

I think him and Bianchi could do the biz given the chance.

I wonder of there are any more signings in the pipeline. I feel he will see how this lot does, and if after a couple of games he still needs a player or two he will decide then.

We seem to have bought in some quality, and mixed youth with experience. Elano, Giovanni, Bianchi, Bojinov, and Petrov all come with a decent record to say the least. And the likes of Fernandes, Garrido, and who we have already in Ireland, Onuoha, Miller and Sturridge makes it a nice blend in theory.

Come on Blues!!!!!

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to AndyR)
Post #: 154
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 7/8/2007 2:46:17 PM   
theram05

Woo hoo!!

Roll up, come and get em!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/6934784.stm

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 155
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 7/8/2007 9:55:51 PM   
foz

Is it a "buy two, get one free" offer?

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 156
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 8/8/2007 1:22:26 PM   
Sutty

There is only Vassell worth anything. And that is debatable sometimes. I'd bin Dabo as he is fucking useless. And Dickov, although I love the moaning little fucker, has had his day sometome ago now and should be let go. Danny Mills is on far too much money - believe it is about £30,000 a week! - and Matthew Mills never made the impact some expected. Feel a bit sorry for young Kasper, but perhaps under sven the club is pushing forward a little bit too quick for him at the minute. And with Andreasson and Joe Hart, as well as whoever else comes in, first team berths are gonna be limited. I hope he gets a good club and does well.

If anyone is interested, you can get City to win the Prem with a 40 point head start at 15-1 at Dones bookies.
We got 43 points last season, and i fully expect/hope to be pushing 60 points - minimum of 50 - this season. 90 points will most definately win you the league so it is worth a punt.
I've had £50 on it anyway! We wait and see!

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.

(in reply to foz)
Post #: 157
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 8/8/2007 1:24:27 PM   
Sutty

Also, I would like to see Samaras stay. It looks like we would not make a decent return on him if he was sold, so why not see what Sven can do with the lad? He obviously has talent, so lets see if a change of manager does anything for him. We've paid through the nose so why not work on him?

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 158
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 8/8/2007 3:32:15 PM   
LB Jeffries

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sutty

There is only Vassell worth anything. And that is debatable sometimes. I'd bin Dabo as he is fucking useless. And Dickov, although I love the moaning little fucker, has had his day sometome ago now and should be let go. Danny Mills is on far too much money - believe it is about £30,000 a week! - and Matthew Mills never made the impact some expected. Feel a bit sorry for young Kasper, but perhaps under sven the club is pushing forward a little bit too quick for him at the minute. And with Andreasson and Joe Hart, as well as whoever else comes in, first team berths are gonna be limited. I hope he gets a good club and does well.

If anyone is interested, you can get City to win the Prem with a 40 point head start at 15-1 at Dones bookies.
We got 43 points last season, and i fully expect/hope to be pushing 60 points - minimum of 50 - this season. 90 points will most definately win you the league so it is worth a punt.
I've had £50 on it anyway! We wait and see!

You don't happen to have a link to that bet on their website, by any chance. Seems like a decent punt.

“When he shall die, take him and cut him out in little stars and he will make the face of heaven so fine that all the world will be in love with night and pay no worship to the garish sun.”

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 159
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 8/8/2007 3:49:41 PM   
TonySoprano

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

Innocent until shot down with no trial.  Viva Justice

I swear to god, plays.

Post #: 160
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 8/8/2007 4:03:19 PM   
theram05

quote:

ORIGINAL: TonySoprano
Innocent until shot down with no trial.  Viva Justice

Did I get justice when I was told we'd bought a world class striker and got Georgi Samaras?

Did I get justice when Anelka was replaced with Dickov?

Did I get justice when Clough, McGoldrick, Walsh all turned up at once?

No man, I got fuck all justice, fuck all I tell you!

(in reply to TonySoprano)
Post #: 161
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 8/8/2007 9:19:20 PM   
Sutty

Just don't mention Gerry Crainey, Martin "Buster" Phillips, Dalian Atkinson, Ged Brannen, or Simon Rodger.

The list goes on!!!

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 162
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 8/8/2007 11:47:45 PM   
AndyR

Barry Conlon. 

So much pain.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 163
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 9/8/2007 11:37:04 PM   
Sutty

Michel Vonk. Eike Immel. Mikael Kavelashvili.

Oh, boy!

(in reply to AndyR)
Post #: 164
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 10/8/2007 7:24:50 PM   
AndyR

It looks like our goalkeeping worries are over after we signed the highly-experienced and world-renowned goalie...Richard Martin? A 19 year-old who Brighton released last year. Well at least we didn't pay £12m for Scott Carson. 

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 165
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 13/8/2007 12:09:28 PM   
theram05

So what did you folks make of Sven and our boys on Saturday?! Hammer swerent up to much, but the shock of Sven deviating from a 4-4-2 nearly had me choking on my dinner! From teh highlights I saw, we looked quite tasty, Kasper looked a bit shaky but with Dunne and Micah there we have one hell of a central defensive partnership. Onuha looked all business when he came on and done fantastically for Geo's goal. Great to see Hamman start, interesting to hear what he said on MOTD too, cant believe how he got so little game time last season. Elano is all hustle and bustle and has an eye for the spectacular and Bianchi looks like a poacher. All in all, I'm quite happy with our opening days work!

Interesting piece from the beeb

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A25797577?s_fromedit=1

< Message edited by theram05 -- 13/8/2007 12:13:48 PM >

(in reply to AndyR)
Post #: 166
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 13/8/2007 1:20:10 PM   
AndyR

I was amazed at how good some of the football we played was- Elano could be one the signings of the season, as could Petrov if they continue like this. Including Schmeichel we had six players with no Premiership experience starting the game, and not a single one of them seemed to struggle at all. Garrido could be a great left-back,  Corluka made some great tackles in the first half and got forward well too, though he struggled for pace a bit against Etherington.

It was great to see the academy youngsters playing well too- Richards was absolutely immense next to Dunne, Johnson and Ireland looked good in midfield. Hamann shocked me the most though, compared to how he played last year, he was like a new player- roaming in front of the back four, breaking up West 'am's attacks, setting up our own counter-attacks, he was brilliant.

Compared the last away game I went to, where I sat and watched us lose 4-1 to fucking Wigan, this was a huge improvement!

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 167
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 16/8/2007 12:01:54 AM   
VincentHanna

So, our first home game of the season, our second win of the season, and most importantly, our first home goal since God knows when.

Sat in the East Stand, I watched a pretty scrappy affair, but on the balance of things, we deserved the win.
There wasn't really a player on the park who I honestly thought looked out of place - the academy boys acquitted themselves remarkably well again - Michael Johnson's goal was just lovely, Micah didn't look to put a foot (or a header) wrong all night, Stephen Ireland worked his socks off and young Kasper seemed more self-assured with every minute that passed.
Petrov never stopped running and coped extremely well with some unbelievable provocation (Craig Fagan take a bow. You know what you did and we saw you, even if the ref didn't.)
Garrido looked comfortable at left back.
To also see flashes of proper Brazilian class from both Elano and Geovanni (especially) was something else.
Geovanni - the fella is quick. He can keep the ball. Stepovers, little dummies and shimmies from him, at City of all places? Was I dreaming? No, not at all.

It was a solid performance, nothing special, but Sven started with the same XI as he did on Saturday and it will obviously take a bit more time for this team to gel but all in all, encouraging times. (Can't believe I'm actually saying that but it's true....)
I'd give City 6, maybe 7 out of 10 for this performance but when all's said and done, a win is a win and we scored at home.

No one's listening to you. If you wanna complain, write it on a piece of paper. And shove it up your ass.

(in reply to AndyR)
Post #: 168
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 16/8/2007 12:15:37 AM   
*emz6*

what did Fagan do? Was it an elbow or something.

Post #: 169
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 16/8/2007 12:19:21 AM   
Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: *emz6*

Tickled him.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to *emz6*)
Post #: 170
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 16/8/2007 12:23:18 AM   
VincentHanna

quote:

ORIGINAL: *emz6*

Did indeed look like a low elbow to Petrov's nuts**. Fagan obviously knew exactly what he was upto, and a few minutes later, Petrov gave away a foul when he deliberately tripped Mister Fagan. It was needless retaliation and he was lucky he didn't get a booking for it (although he did get booked in the second half.)

**Could have been a tickle as Rinc said, if someone tried to tickle my nuts I would probably react like that as well.

< Message edited by VincentHanna -- 16/8/2007 12:26:11 AM >

No one's listening to you. If you wanna complain, write it on a piece of paper. And shove it up your ass.

(in reply to *emz6*)
Post #: 171
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 19/8/2007 4:51:56 PM   
Peter Griffin

Just got back from the match, 1 shot on goal & we won love it.How United didn't win that game i'll never know!!!

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

Post #: 172
another 3 points - 19/8/2007 5:14:31 PM   
theram05

Another 3 points on the road to the title, thats all. Just 3 points from the type of home game we should be expecting to win.

Next!

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 173
RE: another 3 points - 19/8/2007 5:29:12 PM   
AndyR

I'm a bit disappointed how we always seem to struggle against sides at the bottom of the table, but 3 points are what's important.

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 174
RE: another 3 points - 19/8/2007 5:35:39 PM   
theram05

(in reply to AndyR)
Post #: 175
RE: another 3 points - 19/8/2007 5:40:36 PM   
AndyR

Did you watch the game on tv, ram? I want to know what happened to Bojinov, did they show the challenge?

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 176
RE: another 3 points - 19/8/2007 6:06:06 PM   
VincentHanna

Christ almighty that was about as nerve-wracking a game as I can ever remember watching!!!

United had most of the possession but we had Kasper, Dunney and Micah who were all rock-solid for us. Hamann yet again had a fantastic game, he seemed to get stronger as the game went on.

Another clean sheet, another win, this team still has to gel properly and there's a long way to go this season......

(in reply to AndyR)
Post #: 177
RE: another 3 points - 19/8/2007 6:41:59 PM   
Rinc

Well done City i love you.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

Post #: 178
RE: another 3 points - 19/8/2007 10:22:10 PM   
AndyR

Look like Bojinov could be out for 3 months (link)

Did anyone see how he did it?

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 179
RE: another 3 points - 19/8/2007 10:29:10 PM   
Boring Prophet

Yeah, I think he just jumped for the ball and landed awkwardly.

Well done City.

(in reply to AndyR)
Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI