Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 30/7/2007 4:22:26 PM   
Felix

Mikael Silvestre

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 121
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 30/7/2007 4:24:20 PM   
theram05

quote:

ORIGINAL: Felix

Mikael Silvestre

Meh, could be worse....!

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 122
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 30/7/2007 8:11:29 PM   
VincentHanna

From Football Italia on Channel 4......

"Giorgio Chiellini’s agent has revealed that the Juventus defender is hoping to join Manchester City this week.

The former Azzurrini full-back was linked with Liverpool in recent weeks and seems set to leave the Serie B champions after stating that he felt neglected by the club.

Reports in Italy last week suggested that he had become a target for Manchester City, as Sven Goran Eriksson hoped to add the defender to the Italian contingent formed by Rolando Bianchi and Bernardo Corradi.

“I will soon meet Juventus to discuss Giorgio’s future,” said Davide Lippi. “We all hope that he will soon join Manchester City." "

Full story:
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jul30m.html

No one's listening to you. If you wanna complain, write it on a piece of paper. And shove it up your ass.

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 123
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 30/7/2007 8:57:27 PM   
AndyR

I can't believe I'm actually looking forward to a new City season- something's bound to go wrong!

A man chooses, a slave obeys.

(in reply to VincentHanna)
Post #: 124
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 30/7/2007 9:33:18 PM   
VincentHanna

quote:

ORIGINAL: AndyR

I can't believe I'm actually looking forward to a new City season- something's bound to go wrong!

Too true! I check the newsnow feed every hour or so when I'm at work to keep myself updated with who we're linked with at the moment.

So just today, these are the names of players linked with City.....(in chronological order.....)......
Bojinov (Fiorentina)
Elano (Shakhtar Donetsk)
Leighton Baines
Silvestre
Scott Carson
Zigic ( Racing Santander)
Keiron Dyer.....yes, still.
Alan Smith
Chiellini (Juve)

And that's just today. Strange and surreal times to be a City fan.

No one's listening to you. If you wanna complain, write it on a piece of paper. And shove it up your ass.

(in reply to AndyR)
Post #: 125
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 31/7/2007 9:10:06 AM   
theram05

quote:

ORIGINAL: VincentHanna
And that's just today. Strange and surreal times to be a City fan.

I'm not getting carried away, its gonna take some time to try bind the players we've bought into a team.

O and, we still have Vassell on our books...

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

Post #: 126
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 31/7/2007 9:21:41 AM   
VincentHanna

quote:

ORIGINAL: theram05
O and, we still have Vassell on our books...

And Danny Mills....

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 127
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 31/7/2007 9:37:57 AM   
theram05

Pah, fucking do gooders. Fuck off.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/6918718.stm

Post #: 128
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 31/7/2007 10:13:21 AM   
AndyR

It's a good job the whole 'innocent until proven guilty' thing was abolished all those years ago, or the press wouldn't really have much to do anymore.

On another note, Castillo's gone to Shaktar, so he's off the list.

< Message edited by AndyR -- 31/7/2007 10:15:23 AM >

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 129
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 31/7/2007 11:25:29 AM   
AndyR

Manchester City are understood to have lodged a bid with Fiorentina for Valeri Bojinov.

Sven Goran Eriksson has already signed one Bulgarian in the shape of Martin Petrov and now he is hoping to add another. Eriksson is desperately trying to re-shape City's squad before the transfer window closes and has added four new faces so far, but he could add up to ten more within the next month.

Bojinov has now emerged as a target with Italian reports claiming a bid was lodged on Monday with Fiorentina. The Florence club are now considering the bid, but look likely to let the 21-year-old open talks with City.

Bojinov spent last season on-loan at Juventus, but they have decided against taking up their option on him and Fiorentina have since made the striker available for transfer.

Link

< Message edited by AndyR -- 31/7/2007 11:26:44 AM >

(in reply to AndyR)
Post #: 130
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 1/8/2007 10:38:37 AM   
Sutty

Is Bojinov any good? And is there any more news on the Curtis Davis/Chilliani

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to AndyR)
Post #: 131
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 1/8/2007 11:23:06 AM   
AndyR

Bojinov's very good- he was a bit of a wonderkid when he broke onto the scene at Lecce- but  I think he's struggled to live up to his potential.

Davies I think was just paper-talk, whilst we've had a bid rejected for Chiellini, and are now being linked with a young Real Sociedad left-back, Garrido, and a Croatian defender, Corluka.

Elano's expected to sign this week though.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 132
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 1/8/2007 9:22:27 PM   
Sutty

quote:

ORIGINAL: AndyR

Bojinov's very good- he was a bit of a wonderkid when he broke onto the scene at Lecce- but  I think he's struggled to live up to his potential.

Davies I think was just paper-talk, whilst we've had a bid rejected for Chiellini, and are now being linked with a young Real Sociedad left-back, Garrido, and a Croatian defender, Corluka.

Elano's expected to sign this week though.

He's the Brazilian, right? Is he any good? I know he is supposed to be a play maker with a decent score ratio...

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.

(in reply to AndyR)
Post #: 133
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 1/8/2007 11:12:32 PM   
AndyR

Elano's been a regular for Brazil under Dunga- he certainly sounds good on paper,  though whether or not he'll adjust to English football is impossible to tell at the moment. We'll just have to trust Sven knows what he's doing.

I've heard rumours that there'll be a press conference tomorrow- probably to announce some of these new signings

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 134
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 2/8/2007 12:34:44 AM   
Sutty

likelyhood is that the unveiling of Bujoniv will be 2moz. Hopefully Sven will unveil more than one player.

Shrewsbury 0 - Man City 2 (Corradi, Dickov)

Corradi scores yet again! Seems a new manager has brought some life to his legs! Wonder if he will have a part to play this coming season. I know these are only friendlies against lesser opponants (some might argue the contrary!) but I'd rather him score than not. Maybe Sven will be able to improve his game? Who knows!!?

(in reply to AndyR)
Post #: 135
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 2/8/2007 9:45:57 AM   
theram05

I wasn't upset when Corradi came in, he's done it elsewhere and wasn't a donkey buy, its just that we had nothing coming from midfield last season (apart from Joey, who scored anything he created), so the chances were at a premium and the pressure was on the striker to convert every one that came along. I say give him a shot, he's not worse than fucking Vassell anyway.

As for Dickov, move him on.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 136
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 2/8/2007 11:47:57 AM   
Felix

Has Sven been playing Football Manager 2007?

First Bojinov, now you've signed Vedran Corluka!!

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 137
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 2/8/2007 11:53:54 AM   
Sutty

quote:

ORIGINAL: theram05

I wasn't upset when Corradi came in, he's done it elsewhere and wasn't a donkey buy, its just that we had nothing coming from midfield last season (apart from Joey, who scored anything he created), so the chances were at a premium and the pressure was on the striker to convert every one that came along. I say give him a shot, he's not worse than fucking Vassell anyway.

As for Dickov, move him on.

Yeah I'd give him a go, looking at his pre season. Dickov is too old now, and never really cut it at the top anyway. He has scored some vital goals for us, one imparticular springs immediately to mind! But he has done his bit for us a few years ago. If he continues to hang on, he is in danger of making his role in city folklore slightly tarnished.

Love the moaning git, but he needs to move on.

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 138
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 2/8/2007 11:59:34 AM   
theram05

quote:

ORIGINAL: Felix

Has Sven been playing Football Manager 2007?

First Bojinov, now you've signed Vedran Corluka!!

I'm positiviely giddy!!!! I mean this could all backfire, but at least what it means is that Michael Ball isn't guaranteed first team football, and that my friend is always a good thing!!!

< Message edited by theram05 -- 2/8/2007 12:01:00 PM >

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 139
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 2/8/2007 12:04:01 PM   
Sutty

I thought Bally was a pretty good player. He did ok for us at the end of last season.

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 140
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 2/8/2007 12:04:52 PM   
theram05

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sutty

I thought Bally was a pretty good player. He did ok for us at the end of last season.

No.

That is all.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 141
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 2/8/2007 12:07:30 PM   
Sutty

Well, that is up to you.

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 142
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 2/8/2007 12:10:36 PM   
Jonny 5 Eyes

If I were a City fan I would be less concerned than what was happening on the pitch - I reckon Sven'll do a pretty good job- that the fact you have a serial human rights abuser and alledged crook as your chairman!
I've witnessed some of Thaskin's shenanigans first hand and he makes Berlusconi look like Mother Theresa! Take my word for it- this will come crashing down around the clubs ears.
Next year when a democraticaly elected government is back in charge of Thailand the government will have no choice but to extradite him on the corruption charges (and he will be charged), He is very likely to be found guilty and will no longer be deemed a 'Fit and Proper person'- your board should hang their heads in shame for getting into bed with this character and unfortunately it's the fans who are going to suffer in the long run.
A huge, huge mistake.

< Message edited by Jonny 5 Eyes -- 2/8/2007 12:17:51 PM >

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 143
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 2/8/2007 12:12:49 PM   
theram05

Meh, I'm not too bothered really. Its City, there's always something, if its not this its that. Fuck it.

Anyhoo, the money he's invested in the Club is clean, whatever happens after that is another thing.

And like I said, its never boring at City, this is just another chapter.

As for human rights violations, where was Amnesty and all these human rights groups last year when I had to witness City go 5 months without a goal at home?

Pah, fucking doo gooders....

< Message edited by theram05 -- 2/8/2007 12:13:34 PM >

(in reply to Jonny 5 Eyes)
Post #: 144
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 2/8/2007 2:45:51 PM   
theram05

Elano Garrido and Coluka all confirmed, thank you very much!

Also I didnt realise our new owner was a Doctor, I don't know what all the fuss is about, surely there's never been a evil Dr?!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/6927556.stm

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 145
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 2/8/2007 3:52:26 PM   
AndyR

I can't seem to stop my face from doing this=>

This isn't right, something's gone terribly terribly wrong with the universe...

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 146
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 2/8/2007 10:37:09 PM   
Sutty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jonny 5 Eyes

If I were a City fan I would be less concerned than what was happening on the pitch - I reckon Sven'll do a pretty good job- that the fact you have a serial human rights abuser and alledged crook as your chairman!
I've witnessed some of Thaskin's shenanigans first hand and he makes Berlusconi look like Mother Theresa! Take my word for it- this will come crashing down around the clubs ears.
Next year when a democraticaly elected government is back in charge of Thailand the government will have no choice but to extradite him on the corruption charges (and he will be charged), He is very likely to be found guilty and will no longer be deemed a 'Fit and Proper person'- your board should hang their heads in shame for getting into bed with this character and unfortunately it's the fans who are going to suffer in the long run.
A huge, huge mistake.

so you have suffered under "Frank" frist hand eh? In what respect? And how do you know "he will be charged"?
Insider info? Or a worried rag?

There are always two sides to a story, and there are plenty who believe that "Frank" did more in the battle against drugs than any before him. Are you sure you're not a Daily Mail reader just regurgitating what you have read before?
If he was some kind of war mongerer then the city board would not appoint him and the F.A would not have deemed him fit and proper.
As I said before, I have never known a billionaire (or even a millionaire) who was whiter than white.

Let the facts come out before making rash judgements just because he fancied our club more than yours.

(in reply to Jonny 5 Eyes)
Post #: 147
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 2/8/2007 11:29:31 PM   
VincentHanna

The issue about Shinawatra taking over City and what City fans should think is something of a moot point now. He has taken over and there's pretty much fuck all the fans can do about it. (But you did say alleged crook. Are the human rights violations allegations as well?)

If you want to apportion blame, then feel free to point at City's board, but don't forget that the FA and even our own government could do something if they wanted to.
The FA and the government have done nothing about the takeover. If nothing else, it shows that the higher up you get in football, it's all about the business side and less about the football.

What is this fit and proper test anyway?
Seems like something along the lines of:
"Are you loaded?
If so, are you willing to spend an amount of money that your average footy fan in the street can't imagine?
You are on both counts? Jolly good. Welcome to English football, it will cost you eleventy squillion pounds thank you very much."

I'm excited about what's going on at my club, I genuinely am, but this is tempered by two things.
1. I still harbour some fear that it doesn't matter who the manager is, how much money he is given and who he buys, this is still City and City-related thing always have a propensity to go wrong.
2. Mr Shinawatra might have hidden reasons for taking over (you know, like maintaining popularity amongst the Thai people where football is so popular) but as I said above, it's a moot point.

And ultimately, those two points don't matter because if nothing else, City Til I Die.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 148
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 3/8/2007 11:05:05 AM   
borstal

Fuck it! If i was a City fan I'd be very happy right now. Its exciting getting new players in and it looking like you may have a whole new team. If your new manager can get it all working together it could be a great time for the blue half.

Hopefully you'll be able to stop having to advertise your club on billboards and buses!

Post #: 149
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 3/8/2007 11:07:38 AM   
brightlight

Bojinov, Bianchi, Petrov and Elano are all excellent signings. I'm starting to get a bit irritated.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI