Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 Page: <<   < prev  30 31 32 [33] 34   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 16/5/2012 1:55:53 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: darthbane

http://m.mirror.co.uk/article?id=833176/

This made me laugh.
Every other game should stop when United have won the title?! Fuck off Fergie!!!!

Fergie moaning about injury time again, only this time there was too much of it......

Oh right that's because it was City, now I see!!

Yeah fuck off Ferguson, who exactly do you think you are!?!?

Did I read that story right?  Did Fergie actually accuse QPR of gifting City the last goal once they knew Bolton were down?

It's incredible the hypocritical nonsense that comes out of his mouth, it really does tarnish the reputation as a manager he has for me. They call Mourinho arrogant, he's got nothing on Fergie!

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 961
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 16/5/2012 1:56:55 PM   
Goodfella

Awful joke -

"Which film does every Man United fan hate?"

"Gone in 60 Seconds"

< Message edited by Goodfella -- 16/5/2012 1:57:14 PM >

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 962
RE: Man City Thread - 2011/12 Champions - 16/5/2012 8:20:47 PM   
Peter Griffin

Before Aguero's boot met the ball on that sunny sunday afternoon i swear my City supporting life flew before my eyes. Going to my first match in 81 and telling my dad Paul Simpson was my favourite player then him missing an open goal, going down to Pleats Luton in 83 (i think!!!), getting constant abuse off United fans at school then tonking them 5-1, getting tonked off United 5-0 and getting constant abuse, going down to the old 3rd divison, getting beat off Bury, Stockport & York, getting my arse handed to me at Grimsby, getting abuse off United fans on way home from work after they secured the treble, Dickovs goal at old wembley, Yaya's semi & final goals at new wembley. The up's the down's, remembering asking my grandad before he died what it was like seeing City win the league in 68 and him saying you'll see it one day keep the faith. I swear to god i will never celebrate a goal like that again, i sit next to the away fans on the 2nd tier and i must of flew over 4 rows of people scraping the skin off my legs and arms. Bedlam, i don't remember much else except breaking down infront of the wife when i finally arrived home from the boozer.
So to summerise, as that great man Kenny Powers once said, on sunday i "Sucked my dreams dick".
Thank you & praise Allah.

< Message edited by Peter Griffin -- 16/5/2012 8:23:36 PM >

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 963
RE: Man City Thread - 2011/12 Champions - 19/5/2012 6:44:12 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Griffin

Before Aguero's boot met the ball on that sunny sunday afternoon i swear my City supporting life flew before my eyes. Going to my first match in 81 and telling my dad Paul Simpson was my favourite player then him missing an open goal, going down to Pleats Luton in 83 (i think!!!), getting constant abuse off United fans at school then tonking them 5-1, getting tonked off United 5-0 and getting constant abuse, going down to the old 3rd divison, getting beat off Bury, Stockport & York, getting my arse handed to me at Grimsby, getting abuse off United fans on way home from work after they secured the treble, Dickovs goal at old wembley, Yaya's semi & final goals at new wembley. The up's the down's, remembering asking my grandad before he died what it was like seeing City win the league in 68 and him saying you'll see it one day keep the faith. I swear to god i will never celebrate a goal like that again, i sit next to the away fans on the 2nd tier and i must of flew over 4 rows of people scraping the skin off my legs and arms. Bedlam, i don't remember much else except breaking down infront of the wife when i finally arrived home from the boozer.
So to summerise, as that great man Kenny Powers once said, on sunday i "Sucked my dreams dick".
Thank you & praise Allah.

ha ha! Anyway, well done City and especially the fan's - they deserved it. We bottled it big time, and you took your chance. It was meant for City to win the title by the will of Allah! But hopefully it'll be a big kick up Fergie's arse. He's making a lot of bad decision's lately. Decision's which have cost us dearly.

< Message edited by Nexus Wookie -- 19/5/2012 6:46:11 PM >

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 964
RE: Man City Thread - 2011/12 Champions - 28/5/2012 12:28:28 PM   
simonlomas

That was a great day, I remember my united supporting mates gloating when man u were up and city were losing two one. Then their faces fell when aguero scored the winner. I loved it when they showed the live feed from the sunderland ground and the united players/fans reactions. Fergies face was priceless. I'm from Manchester and have been a city fan since i was a young child, that was probably the most exciting match I've watched.

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 965
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 28/5/2012 12:37:06 PM   
Frank Castle

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: darthbane

http://m.mirror.co.uk/article?id=833176/

This made me laugh.
Every other game should stop when United have won the title?! Fuck off Fergie!!!!

Fergie moaning about injury time again, only this time there was too much of it......

Oh right that's because it was City, now I see!!

Yeah fuck off Ferguson, who exactly do you think you are!?!?

Did I read that story right?  Did Fergie actually accuse QPR of gifting City the last goal once they knew Bolton were down?

It's incredible the hypocritical nonsense that comes out of his mouth, it really does tarnish the reputation as a manager he has for me. They call Mourinho arrogant, he's got nothing on Fergie!

can you explain why qpr from kick off just kicked it up field,ever seen that before?? no usually you pass it around back to the keeper to boot up the field to waste a few seconds.

" guys its ok, he just wanted his machette back"!!

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 966
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 31/5/2012 1:42:28 PM   
Peter Griffin

quote:

can you explain why qpr from kick off just kicked it up field,ever seen that before?? no usually you pass it around back to the keeper to boot up the field to waste a few seconds.

Said the exact same thing to my mate, weird.

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

(in reply to Frank Castle)
Post #: 967
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 9/8/2012 7:27:39 AM   
Peter Griffin

Season ticket (or card as they are now known!!!) has arrived, Community Shield ticket has arrived, welcome back football i've missed you. Not arsed if we don't win a single thing from now on after last season, just gonna enjoy my friends, the booze & the footy.
Bring it...

Post #: 968
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 9/8/2012 8:20:39 AM   
jonson

quote:

Season ticket (or card as they are now known!!!) has arrived,

Mine too (for Leicester ) they have also adopted a card entry system, which basically means 10 thousand of us are going to be stood outside at kick-off.

quote:

welcome back football i've missed you.

I'm not sure if I have or not. I missed the 2 hours in a pub beforehand, the walk down, seeing everyone we sit with, the dull games with the odd excitement, the blind hope we can achieve something...........in fact, I think I have missed it a little bit.

quote:

Not arsed if we don't win a single thing from now on after last season,

I will come back in this thread if you lose the title by 1 point and see if you really think the same.

Anyway, don't think I posted this before. Went into a pub before the Leicester vs Man City game (FA Cup replay last year) and the landlord showed us all his memorabilia, very nice of him too.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

Post #: 969
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 9/8/2012 9:14:33 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

quote:

Season ticket (or card as they are now known!!!) has arrived,

Mine too (for Leicester ) they have also adopted a card entry system, which basically means 10 thousand of us are going to be stood outside at kick-off.

Surely not, my tin pot team have had the cards for yonks, and the quick entry turnstiles for both ST and normal punters. There are hardly any queues, and to jump in before any smartarses do, there's about 19,000 there.
Surely your two teams would have better entry systems than ours, so I can't see it being a problem.

Still preferred the old ticket book though that you could go through and see the fixtures coming up, ah nostalgia.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 9/8/2012 9:15:41 AM >

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 970
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 9/8/2012 11:46:26 AM   
Peter Griffin

quote:

I will come back in this thread if you lose the title by 1 point and see if you really think the same.

Honestly it wouldn't bother me, wouldn't be bothered if we went back down to the 3rd...ah good times in Grimsby

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 971
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 9/8/2012 3:31:07 PM   
horribleives

We've had the cards (at St James' Park) for a few seasons now. As someone who wears their impatience with a strange mixture of pride and resignation, I can safely say it's a lot quicker than waiting for the doddery old fuckers who've worked at the ground since Hughie Gallagher played to rip the ticket out of your book. Also, I prefer it as the card remains permanently in my wallet - I never have to worry about forgetting it which used to happen to me at least once every season with the old tickets. Never missed a whole game but ther's a fair few first half hours and the odd goal lost in the sands of time forever.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

Post #: 972
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 12/8/2012 12:37:10 PM   
Rinc

Big news for City: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/aug/12/manchester-city-everton-jack-rodwell

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 973
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 12/8/2012 1:13:57 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

Fuck, there's another young talent who isn't going to get enough games.
It's a great move but 2 seasons too early, he needs to play and Everton was perfect, unless I've got Mancini wrong and he's going to be a starter while he steps up the levels. If he is then brilliant if he's going be on the bench behind Barry then something is seriously wrong.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 12/8/2012 1:17:38 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 974
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 12/8/2012 1:20:54 PM   
Rinc

Barry's still injured so hopefully Rodwell can cement a place. Even with Barry fit I think he'll get a lot of games with De Jong perhaps going. Ideally yes he would've developed further at Everton for a couple more years but this isn't too bad a transfer.

< Message edited by Rinc -- 12/8/2012 1:25:31 PM >

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

Post #: 975
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 12/8/2012 2:02:12 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

Cheers Rinc you're making me feel better about it. He should play over De Jong anyway IMHO.

If he's a first team starter it an amazing transfer for Rodwell and England if not its a shitter.

Strange that the fee is undisclosed, City arent usually shy so I'm guessing it's lower than some Everton fans would like.
The only alternate reason I can think of is if it's daft ie 20 million and Everton are still shopping and dont want prices to inflate ie Liverpool after selling Torres.

Any strong rumours on the actual price?

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 12/8/2012 2:17:15 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 976
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 12/8/2012 6:25:13 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Impressed by City today.
Came out of the blocks and showed there overall quality.
Chelsea on the other hand seem like a team in (Arsenals favorite word) transition.

I can still see both these teams and the likes of Manchester United,Arsenal,Tottenham,Liverpool spending , which is all good in my opinion.
Roll-on next week.

Post #: 977
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 12/8/2012 6:36:51 PM   
Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

Any strong rumours on the actual price?

Seems it's around 15m. Lower than what was being quoted for him a few months ago which would suggest Everton might be disappointed with the price like you say.

This could turn out to be an excellent transfer for Rodwell if all goes well.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

Post #: 978
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 12/8/2012 9:32:09 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Good move imo. Quite surprised that Everton didn't find a player or two that City were happy to get rid of in return. Despite this transfer I think the biggest news for them was Tevez coming back a stone lighter. And turning down a very attractive bid for Balotelli.

Pete might be happy with whatever City do this season, but they should defend that title and go further in the Champs League.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 979
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 12/8/2012 10:30:21 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

BBC reporting its 12 million initally, well that's a fucking steal for City but Everton could really have used someone like Johnson.
Unless he's already heading elsewhere.

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 980
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 12/8/2012 10:54:24 PM   
Rinc

Liverpool hopefully

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

Post #: 981
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 3/10/2012 9:07:39 PM   
directorscut

Jack Rodwell - worst signing of the season?

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 982
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 3/10/2012 10:52:17 PM   
Saltire

Really feel for Dortmund and their magnificent fans, who outsung the iPhone brigade until they woke up when their team was awarded a very very dubious penalty.

I hope Dortmund can go through and get someone like Man U and play them off the park also.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 983
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 3/10/2012 11:54:39 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Mighty lucky today City,really got let-off the hook by the late PK and a mixture of great goalkeeping and poor finishing.
Dortmund will feel aggrieved to come way with a point.

City have it all to do.

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 984
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 22/10/2012 6:11:42 PM   
Sutty

good win against West Brom in the end. Do or die on wednesday against Ajax now. Ajax in the same boat though so hopefully be a good open attacking game and City win 7 - 4!!

CTID.

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 985
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 24/10/2012 9:53:46 PM   
Professor Moriarty

I don't understand that. City were outplayed for 75 minutes tonight. Bar a time after they scored against the run of play and the Ajax heads went down they were outpassed and out played.

I can see why that might happen. An away game in the CL is never easy. But who turned up for Chelsea?! Hart made a few saves, but I can't think of an outfield player who put in a shift and looked like they wanted to win that. Very, very poor imo. And Dzeko, sorry mate but you are an impact sub, not a starter.

I remember Bobby Robson getting Newcastle through from a similarly bad position, but this group is surely too good for City to qualify now. And it just looks like Mancini really can't do it in Europe.

EDIT: Interesting to see the quotes being banged out by Richards and Mancini. Richards pointing the finger at the tactical change to a back 3 as they've hardly trained at all in that style and Mancini suggesting it wasn't where the players were positioned, but how hard they worked. Also taking it on the chin like a man who either thinks his job is very safe or is ready to go.

< Message edited by Professor Moriarty -- 24/10/2012 10:01:03 PM >

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 986
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 25/10/2012 8:35:43 AM   
borstal

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sutty

CTID.

The only time I see this is on the FB status of women who dont know who Uwe Rosler is

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 987
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 25/10/2012 10:08:25 AM   
Nezzley

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

I don't understand that. City were outplayed for 75 minutes tonight. Bar a time after they scored against the run of play and the Ajax heads went down they were outpassed and out played.

I can see why that might happen. An away game in the CL is never easy. But who turned up for Chelsea?! Hart made a few saves, but I can't think of an outfield player who put in a shift and looked like they wanted to win that. Very, very poor imo. And Dzeko, sorry mate but you are an impact sub, not a starter.

I remember Bobby Robson getting Newcastle through from a similarly bad position, but this group is surely too good for City to qualify now. And it just looks like Mancini really can't do it in Europe.

EDIT: Interesting to see the quotes being banged out by Richards and Mancini. Richards pointing the finger at the tactical change to a back 3 as they've hardly trained at all in that style and Mancini suggesting it wasn't where the players were positioned, but how hard they worked. Also taking it on the chin like a man who either thinks his job is very safe or is ready to go.

That 10 minute spell where he switched to o a back three, brought all his strikers on then went back to a back four with no midfield was just madness from mancini. Glad to see the're getting continually found out in Europe, in the league they can just throw on whatever 20 million player they have on the bench to win the game but in the CL it doesn't work against teams who are compact and can hit them on the counter attack. Tactically the're mostly a shambles too.

"Baby i'm in the jungle of mystery and i've just been tortured by a spinal surgeon and a genuine iraqi, yeh i'm serious!

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 988
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 25/10/2012 12:50:36 PM   
superdan

I'm actually a bit surprised Mankini has held on to the job as long as he has. They've won a couple of trophies under him, sure, but you could argue that someone who can't get a team like that one winning shouldn't be a manager at all, never mind manager of the richest club in the world. They damn-near blew the title after appearing to sew it up by Christmas after all. His man-management skills also appear to be desperately poor, and he seems to stumble upon tactics rather than create them. I honestly think that the club could do better wrt the manager, and if they want to establish themselves as a European force will probably have to.

(in reply to Nezzley)
Post #: 989
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 25/10/2012 1:24:14 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Hmmmm....

I get your points. But let's look at them a bit more.

1. A couple of trophies won
Well it was the FA Cup in 2011 and then the PL in 2012. No one can say that does not show good progress. Yes they spent a lot to achieve that. But so did Blackburn, Utd, Chelsea. Spending to win the PL is nothing new.

2. Near blew the title
But they won it. That's the footnote in history. You could say that Ferguson blew it and I'd call anyone a complete idiot for calling for his head. Again Utd in the past and Newcastle have shown getting the monkey off your back and winning that first title (at least in the squad memory) isn't easy.

3. Poor man-management
For the majority, football is still somewhere in the 90s of management science. Frequently a person promoted on ability in a different job who behaves as a bit of a tyrant to underlings. So, odds still are that if City changed manager they'd still have a similar type. And the likes of Silva, Toure, Balotelli, etc are hardly likely to be quiet characters in the dressing room. I don't believe that taking a team of highly paid individual talents and bringing them together is easy.

But I will agree that from what we can see his management style is abrasive. He seems to carry a large ego and I can imagine he's not easy to work with.

4. Stumble on tactics
Sorry for keeping going to Utd in a City thread, but he's been around for a while and we can see Ferguson still tinkering trying to make his squad work, we see that with Wenger too, etc. For example Ferguson will talk about Utds heritage of playing with wingers then play a tight diamond. England's greatest manager Sir Harry doesn't even believe in tactics

What may be of interest here was Angelo Gregucci joining as the defensive coach a couple of months ago. You can look at the zonal marking (or lack of it as being culpable for the first goal) and in the couple of times I've seen Kompany, Lescott and Toure play this season they look less composed and confident than last year.

5. Could do better wrt the manager
I think its popular at the moment to make Mancini out to be worse than he is. I realise that a lot of people who hold this view are not now expressing it for the first time. But it does seem to have become more popular.

I don't think there are many managers you could parachute in there and would do better. What we do know is that Jose fancies a return to England and I'd be surprised to not see him at one of the Manchester clubs in the next 2 years.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 990
Page:   <<   < prev  30 31 32 [33] 34   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 Page: <<   < prev  30 31 32 [33] 34   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI