Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 Page: <<   < prev  30 31 [32] 33 34   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 16/4/2012 2:13:21 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker

I said this right from the start - Man City's owners are total bellends and the massive fuckup that is the loss of the PL title (and the lack of success generally) is down to them.

1. They kept on Mark Hughes for about a year too long - a stark indication of their incompetence.
2. When they finally 'woke up' they signed the world beater that is Mancini, who has spent about twice as much as he should have and not even managed to make it out of the Champs League group stages let alone win the league .

I just wanna say I like Man City and I don't have any problem with teams buying their way to success - hell every successful club in Europe spends shitloads, but Man City have proven beyond any doubt that some people have more money than sense....

Gosh. When it comes to reasons City didn't win the league this season, I didn't expect it to be the owners getting the finger pointed at them.

While I agree with you about Hughes, I can see that the owners didn't want to come in as these guys who just throw the old out straight away, and also I don't know how good their soccer knowledge was, but I can really see the argument for not rocking the boat too soon.

Mancini has made a pigs ear of it, let's be honest. I think failing to clear the group stages of the CL was the least of his failures. Everyone said it was a tough group, first time in the CL, etc. But the falling out with Tevez, the failure to keep players fit, the tactics and lack of drive recently, the way Balotelli seems to have divided the squad. Big mistakes in a league City should have walked this season.

I still think they'll keep Mancini for another season (or at least he'll start next season).

I think if you're bringing in big money (and you know about football) it's obvious to anyone that Mark Hughes is not a manager who you want fronting a massively expensive team simply because he's achieved so little as a manager.

They should have sacked him the second someone really good came on the market and the fact they didn't set Man City back a year and a half. Bringing in Mancini confirmed that their judgement on footballing matters is badly off.

Mancini really has to go - he's just not cut it, a Hiddink, Mourinho or Ancellotti would all have brought a PL title by now given the type of funds Man City have had available.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 931
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 16/4/2012 2:35:51 PM   
Professor Moriarty

For me, that devalues a lot of what Mancini achieved in Italy as a manager, not just with Inter but also with Fiorentina and Lazio. I don't really think that Mourinho was available last summer, Hiddink seems to have tried to avoid club management as much as he can and Ancelotti has taken a similar wealth of riches in France, but hasn't delivered yet.

I think it is quite reasonable for the owners to look at Mancini's record and expect him to deliver at City. And I actually don't think they will be too disappointed yet. They won the FA Cup last season. This season, I think they should have walked the league, but if they don't win I do think the owners will still see progress this season and give him another year and another £Xmillion.

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 932
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 17/4/2012 8:57:20 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

I think if you're willing to spend that kind of money on players you really want someone who has done it at European level and Mancini's failures in Europe are an indicator of his limitations. I always felt in my gut that he wasn't a great signing and his results have really borne that out - one FA Cup with 250 million spent is a pretty massive failure in my eyes. He should be booted out the door at the end of this season unless he pulls off a miracle and wins the PL, that he won't be will be the latest cock up by Man City's owners.

Post #: 933
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 1/5/2012 2:43:02 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

Can't believe I could possibly be forced to eat my words......

Post #: 934
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 1/5/2012 11:33:17 PM   
Saltire

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker

Can't believe I could possibly be forced to eat my words......

Shouldn't make rash statements then!

Post #: 935
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 13/5/2012 5:33:58 PM   
gazpop

Congrats City folk. Enjoy, and thanks for shitting me up.
Yours, a Liverpool fan.....

Yeah, that's real fine expensive gear you brought out here, Mr. Hooper.'Course I don't know what that bastard shark's gonna do with it-might eat it I suppose. Seen one eat a rockin' chair one time. Hey chieffy, next time you just ask me which line to pull

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 936
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 13/5/2012 7:42:12 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

Amazing end to the season just incredible - I must now humbly apologise to Man City fans and Mancini - I'm glad QPR stayed up as well

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 937
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 13/5/2012 8:07:37 PM   
directorscut

Joe should be immensely thankful his teammates made up for his mistake. Almost cost City the league.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

Post #: 938
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 13/5/2012 8:13:55 PM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

Joe should be immensely thankful his teammates made up for his mistake. Almost cost City the league.

Is Joe Hart the only keeper in the league who isn't allowed to make any mistakes?

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 939
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 13/5/2012 10:09:50 PM   
matty_b

Yawn.

Yeah, it's getting boring now. The keeper with the most clean sheets two seasons in a row is the weak link in the team obviously...

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 940
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 13/5/2012 10:38:46 PM   
Olaf

The best team won in the end. Well done to City on giving us the most entertaining title race in ages.

Although, as amazing as today's result was, lolwut at various commentators saying they'd never seen anything like it. We got there first, with more awesome:

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 941
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 13/5/2012 10:43:36 PM   
superdan

quote:

What was his mistake exactly? I just watched both goals on MotD and I couldn't see a cock up.

Post #: 942
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 13/5/2012 10:46:46 PM   
directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

Yawn.

Yeah, it's getting boring now. The keeper with the most clean sheets two seasons in a row is the weak link in the team obviously...

quote:

Yawn.

Obviously when a team has 3 shot on target and the goalie lets in 2 of them.

Meanwhile the opposition keeper saves 12 out of 15.

Let's face it, the amount of saves Hart has to make compared to every other goalie in the league is pretty low.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 943
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 13/5/2012 10:54:58 PM   
matty_b

A specious argument at best.

And are you answering dan's question? Where was the cock up?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

Post #: 944
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 13/5/2012 10:55:26 PM   
superdan

Did you see the goals though? Only the most one-eyed observer would actually blame him for either of them. Lescott was at fault for the first, and the second was a great cross.

Post #: 945
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 14/5/2012 1:52:31 AM   
Saltire

What a day, even as a neutral my heart was in my mouth and couldn't believe City were away to blow it, until those last two minutes. Crazy, utterly crazy!

Congrats to them though, good to see a fresh team win it over the same old two or three.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 946
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 14/5/2012 5:26:48 AM   
Private Hudson

Well done City, your fans deserved that after all those years. No-one can begrudge them that.

Watch my spoof movie of FULL METAL JACKET here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCGRWVvM-Zo&feature=plcp&context=C31ca298UDOEgsToPDskJ4_UorjolrWTaxEGMj5GO0

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 947
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 14/5/2012 9:33:37 AM   
Skiba

quote:

quote:

Yawn.

quote:

Yawn.

Obviously when a team has 3 shot on target and the goalie lets in 2 of them.

Meanwhile the opposition keeper saves 12 out of 15.

Let's face it, the amount of saves Hart has to make compared to every other goalie in the league is pretty low.

And two that he let in he should've saved...Dzeko's header was inside the 6yard box when Hart would've comfortably collected that, and the second was at Kenny's near post. Not a particularly hard shot and not exactly in the corner. Nitpicking much?

Have a good time, all the time.

Post #: 948
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 14/5/2012 10:54:06 AM   
Peter Griffin

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 949
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 14/5/2012 10:58:51 AM   
Professor Moriarty

I'm really pleased that City won the league, it was "the right result". Not only have they assembled a very good team, but they beat Utd (convincingly) both home and away. There have been some stutters along the way, but now the monkey is off their back I'm interested to see how good the team can be, especially as they have the funds to keep players like Aguero as long as living in Manchester isn't an issue for him. Be interesting to see what happens with Tevez and Balotelli over the summer and whether they decide to keep Dzeko.

I don't know how seriously to treat FFP. It I don't then I think Falcoa would be a good addition, especially if Tevez is moved on.

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 950
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 14/5/2012 12:17:43 PM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Private Hudson

Well done City, your fans deserved that after all those years. No-one can begrudge them that.

Well I can. They won it 44 years ago, we've (Leicester) never won it. Or the FA Cup.
I'm happy for them and all, but I don't think their fans deserve success any more than any other fans. I appreciate the "hardcore" support didn't waver, even when they were in the old 3rd Division, and they have probably had to put up with more shit from the quite neighbours than most fans have to endure, but all this talk I keep hearing on Radio 5 and in the press you'd think their fans had all just survived a plague of leprosy.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to Private Hudson)
Post #: 951
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 14/5/2012 12:27:42 PM   
superdan

quote:

I'm really pleased that City won the league, it was "the right result". Not only have they assembled a very good team, but they beat Utd (convincingly) both home and away. There have been some stutters along the way, but now the monkey is off their back I'm interested to see how good the team can be, especially as they have the funds to keep players like Aguero as long as living in Manchester isn't an issue for him. Be interesting to see what happens with Tevez and Balotelli over the summer and whether they decide to keep Dzeko.

I don't know how seriously to treat FFP. It I don't then I think Falcoa would be a good addition, especially if Tevez is moved on.

I read a piece yesterday that reckoned there could be as much as £200m worth of players leaving the Etihad this summer in order to help the club with the FFP and allow them to strengthen as well. I think they highlighted Tevez, Dzeko and Balotelli as well as dead weight like Bridge, Pizarro, Johnson etc. Will be interesting to see if they stick or twist with these players, or go the galactico route tbh.

Post #: 952
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 14/5/2012 12:29:59 PM   
jediwarrior

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

I read a piece yesterday that reckoned there could be as much as £200m worth of players leaving the Etihad this summer in order to help the club with the FFP and allow them to strengthen as well. I think they highlighted Tevez, Dzeko and Balotelli as well as dead weight like Bridge, Pizarro, Johnson etc. Will be interesting to see if they stick or twist with these players, or go the galactico route tbh.

Yeah City will have to sell some as I think in the end too many stars on the bench would poison the club as they get unhappy about not playing.

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 953
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 14/5/2012 12:30:35 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

The best team won in the end. Well done to City on giving us the most entertaining title race in ages.

Although, as amazing as today's result was, lolwut at various commentators saying they'd never seen anything like it. We got there first, with more awesome:

Yeah that's what I was thinking talk about short memories - that was on a par in terms of at-the-death excitment

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 954
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 14/5/2012 2:22:20 PM   
Goodfella

Forget the money, I'm happy for every City fan out there, that was quite special and after 40 odd years of living in that shadow. I'm stunned Mancini could find one let alone two words to describe that in an interview so soon after, they absolutely deserved it in my view and I'd ignore comments about injury time from Fergie, it's nice from a neutral's perspective to see him on the other side of that for once.

Aguero is a very special player and has scored some big goals this season, if he sticks in this league for a while I expect to see him with more than just a few club awards in the coming years.

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

Post #: 955
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 14/5/2012 4:47:14 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

It looked to me that Mancini was totally drained and shellshocked by how things transpired. As for Aguero it's great to see players like this in the PL when the Spanish top two have done their best to syphon off some of the best this league has to offer.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 956
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 15/5/2012 8:58:19 AM   
darthbane

http://m.mirror.co.uk/article?id=833176/

This made me laugh.
Every other game should stop when United have won the title?! Fuck off Fergie!!!!

"You're not safe here. No one is" Batman - Arkham City

http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/darthbane

Post #: 957
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 15/5/2012 10:35:18 PM   
Saltire

quote:

ORIGINAL: darthbane

This made me laugh.
Every other game should stop when United have won the title?! Fuck off Fergie!!!!

Yeah I'm sure had the roles been reversed he'd still be advocating that? Aye right!!!

(in reply to darthbane)
Post #: 958
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 15/5/2012 10:44:49 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

This made me laugh.

Fergie moaning about injury time again, only this time there was too much of it......

Oh right that's because it was City, now I see!!

Yeah fuck off Ferguson, who exactly do you think you are!?!?

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to darthbane)
Post #: 959
RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 - 16/5/2012 9:49:22 AM   
sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goodfella

quote:

This made me laugh.

Fergie moaning about injury time again, only this time there was too much of it......

Oh right that's because it was City, now I see!!

Yeah fuck off Ferguson, who exactly do you think you are!?!?

Did I read that story right?  Did Fergie actually accuse QPR of gifting City the last goal once they knew Bolton were down?

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 960
Page:   <<   < prev  30 31 [32] 33 34   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Man City Thread - 2009/2010 Page: <<   < prev  30 31 [32] 33 34   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI