Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 Page: <<   < prev  28 29 [30] 31 32   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 15/3/2012 9:49:58 PM   
Goodfella

4 minutes left in it and City need one more. I have to say I think they're going to nick one here at the end.

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 871
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 15/3/2012 9:55:41 PM   
Goodfella

Tip of the hat to Aguero there for staying on his feet, could have easily gone down Drogba-style and tried to claim a penalty, instead he tried to finish it honestly and then got straight back and got on with the game. Kudos to him for that.

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 872
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 15/3/2012 9:59:56 PM   
Skiba

How close was Hart there??!!

Have a good time, all the time.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 873
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 15/3/2012 10:05:51 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skiba

How close was Hart there??!!

I know! Had me out of my seat, I honestly thought that was creeping into bottom corner! I do feel a bit for City, they threw everything into it at the end there, it was just too steeper a hill to climb. Thanks to them and Chelsea though from a neutral's perspective for two excellent nights of European football.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 874
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 15/3/2012 10:10:45 PM   
Goodfella

Robbie Savage and Steve McManaman. Time to switch off methinks.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 875
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 15/3/2012 10:22:21 PM   
Keyser Sozzled

Shay Given would have scored

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 876
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 15/3/2012 10:32:53 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: Keyser Sozzled

Shay Given would have scored

So would Brad Friedel. I remember him scoring a last-minute equaliser against us at the Valley when he was playing for Blackburn. Unfortunately for all his efforts at the other end he couldn't keep out Claus Jensen's last minute last minute strike and we won the game 3-2.

(in reply to Keyser Sozzled)
Post #: 877
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 21/3/2012 9:06:23 PM   
directorscut

Oh Joe.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 878
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 21/3/2012 9:30:46 PM   
Professor Moriarty

I'll tell you what. If there are only 2 restaurants in Manchester then Tevez has been camped out in both of them for the last few months.

Most influential performance I've seen since the opening one or two games of the season from Nasri - mind you I guess most players would be in the shadow of Silva.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 879
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 21/3/2012 9:55:42 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

Oh Joe.

How in a million years is that Hart's fault? It takes a huge deflection off both the Toure brothers and is always going to deceive Hart.

City showed the resiliance of potential champions tonight by fighting back and earning the win. For 70 odd minutes they were slow and poor, much like the criticism of Arsenal, it was one pass too many and the final delivery was awful. Then Tevez came on, Aguero woke up and the rest, as they say, is history. Aguero is simply awesome when he gets going and never stopped working tonight, and he was probably the only City player who did!

Post #: 880
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 22/3/2012 12:26:00 AM   
Peter Griffin

Total facepalm chant from Chelsea fans "Stand up if you've won the league".
I think you'll find Chelsea that football didn't start in 1992.

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 881
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 22/3/2012 2:01:54 AM   
Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Griffin

I take it you're still a STH Peter (welcome back by the way, haven't seen you post on here in yonks!), I have to say I thought the atmosphere as a whole was very poor tonight. Lot of empty seats (especially Chelsea! Any ideas on how many they actually took up) for such a big Premiership game, midweek and on Sky or not.

I think Aguero is class by the way, sheer class. I hope he sticks around in the prem, as a neutral he's very exciting to watch. A real workhorse of a player but with such tremendous talent and skill!

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 882
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 22/3/2012 2:24:00 AM   
Sutty

quote:

natch

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

Post #: 883
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 22/3/2012 7:01:47 AM   
Peter Griffin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goodfella

quote:

I take it you're still a STH Peter (welcome back by the way, haven't seen you post on here in yonks!), I have to say I thought the atmosphere as a whole was very poor tonight. Lot of empty seats (especially Chelsea! Any ideas on how many they actually took up) for such a big Premiership game, midweek and on Sky or not.

I think Aguero is class by the way, sheer class. I hope he sticks around in the prem, as a neutral he's very exciting to watch. A real workhorse of a player but with such tremendous talent and skill!

Hi Goodfella,
Yeah still season ticket holder but going half with my bro next year as with recently having a child money is tight. I don't post much in here as i don't want to get banned as with football i'm easily wound up. Atmosphere was good at the game, don't know how it sounded on tv, it's not been brilliant lately through i agree as i don't think us city fans are used to title run ins and are a bit on tender hooks. Good to see Charlton doing well mate, is BWP still banging them in?

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 884
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 22/3/2012 2:49:00 PM   
borstal

quote:

I don't post much in here as i don't want to get banned as with football i'm easily wound up

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

Post #: 885
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 22/3/2012 4:26:28 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi Goodfella,
Yeah still season ticket holder but going half with my bro next year as with recently having a child money is tight. I don't post much in here as i don't want to get banned as with football i'm easily wound up. Atmosphere was good at the game, don't know how it sounded on tv, it's not been brilliant lately through i agree as i don't think us city fans are used to title run insand are a bit on tender hooks. Good to see Charlton doing well mate, is BWP still banging them in?

Alright mate. Yeah I know that feeling! That's quite a good idea actually with regards to the STH, I take it City's went up in price over the past couple of seasons and I expect they may continue to rise, especially if you win the EPL. It sounded quite solemn on TV to be honest, especially in the first half, one the equaliser went in the place livened up but I was expecting a cracking atmosphere when I switched the TV on, mind you from shots of the crowd you could see hearts were in mouths. Yeah, thanks, it's been a great season, it's hard to know how to feel after the last five have been but I'm actually relishing the run-in because we're in such a good position and I have such faith in the manager and team (and I haven't had it properly since we were in the prem). Yeah BWP's having another great season, 21 so far and although he had a blip of confidence midway through he's bounced back from that with 7 in his last 7 games. Be intriguing to see what he ends up and how he fares in the championship next season.

Post #: 886
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 24/3/2012 5:49:18 PM   
directorscut

What a nasty player Barry is.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 887
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 24/3/2012 6:52:16 PM   
directorscut

You guys are making Peter Crouch look like van Basten.

Post #: 888
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 24/3/2012 7:07:24 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

You guys are making Peter Crouch look like van Basten.

Who needs grass to play on

EDIT OMG a SCREAMER!

Yaya drove them home to the FA Cup win last season. He brutalised Chelsea in midweek and now he's struck one from 30 yards out. Fair dues.

< Message edited by Professor Moriarty -- 24/3/2012 7:09:40 PM >

Post #: 889
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 25/3/2012 12:08:00 PM   
Keyser Sozzled

quote:

What a nasty player Barry is.

Because of one tackle?

Great result as far as I am concerned. Superb strike from Crouch.

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

Post #: 890
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 25/3/2012 12:56:41 PM   
Goodfella

Nasty isn't a word I'd use to describe Barry either.

Overrated and overpriced on the other hand...

Post #: 891
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 25/3/2012 1:03:47 PM   
Keyser Sozzled

For me it would be "Desperately Average!

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 892
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 25/3/2012 1:09:26 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: Keyser Sozzled

For me it would be "Desperately Average!

Yep, I'll go with that, certainly not worth the 12-15 million City payed for him.

I'd say Parker is a far superior player and his record value is still to date the 10 million Chelsea payed us for him, and that was at the time and is most certainly proved now to be a distinctly average price for the player he is.

Post #: 893
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 25/3/2012 1:56:09 PM   
Olaf

quote:

I'd say Parker is a far superior player and his record value is still to date the 10 million Chelsea payed us for him, and that was at the time and is most certainly proved now to be a distinctly average price for the player he is.

Alex Song is better.

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 894
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 25/3/2012 2:13:22 PM   
Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

quote:

Alex Song is better.

Lucas Leiva is better.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 895
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 25/3/2012 2:54:50 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

quote:

Alex Song is better.

Nah. Song is a very good player though, we had him on loan for a season at Charlton when he was just a teenager and he was a class act, if a little fiery. He got sent off once for throwing the ball into row H in the west stand after a refereeing decision didn't go his way.

quote:

Lucas Leiva is better.

^ I know he's joking though.

< Message edited by Goodfella -- 25/3/2012 2:55:30 PM >

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 896
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 25/3/2012 3:40:59 PM   
Rinc

Seriously Lucas is better, his positioning is far better for a start. Too often Parker has to go running around because he couldn't read the play whereas Lucas can. Lucas can also dominate a midfield more effectively, negating the main creative threat and spreading the play about.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 897
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 25/3/2012 4:32:53 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

Seriously Lucas is better, his positioning is far better for a start. Too often Parker has to go running around because he couldn't read the play whereas Lucas can. Lucas can also dominate a midfield more effectively, negating the main creative threat and spreading the play about.

No, Parker goes running around to sweep up other players' messes, he patrols the middle of the field well and can be that box to box player every club needs, I'd say his variety of positioning and the way he can move across the park is what makes him the player he is, certainly did at Charlton. Lucas, on the other hand, is very inconsistent and from what I hear, far from a fan favourite up at Anfield.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 898
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 25/3/2012 5:12:05 PM   
Rinc

Lucas has to clear up other players' mess as well but doesn't have to hurtle around the pitch to do it. I'd argue against him being inconsistent, in fact for the last 18 months he's probably been our most consistent outfield player. Not only that but he has become a bit of a fan favourite but who cares about that anyway? They're the same fans that booed Evra and were unfairly booing Lucas not long after he came to the club. I wouldn't trust a lot of football fans and their opinions.

We're just going to disagree about this anyway I do think Parker is a good player, certainly the best English player in his position, but he's still got weaknesses. He did play for Charlton though

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 899
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 25/3/2012 5:20:41 PM   
Goodfella

Parker doesn't hurtle around the pitch, he's not a headless chicken by any means, he's just got swift movement and can read the situations well, take the way he played at Chelsea yesterday in the first half where Spurs were struggling and he kept his composure and got them out of trouble on more than a couple of occasions with his tackling, neat ball control and accurate passing, he rarely gives the ball away.

quote:

We're just going to disagree about this anyway I do think Parker is a good player, certainly the best English player in his position, but he's still got weaknesses. He did play for Charlton though

Yes, let's. I think every player has their weaknesses, Parker's main weaknesses were exposed at Chelsea when that fool Raineri played him out of position on the right hand side of midfield. Yes, academy product of ours, like many other impressive young English players like Jonjo Shelvey, don't forget where you got him from!

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 900
Page:   <<   < prev  28 29 [30] 31 32   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 Page: <<   < prev  28 29 [30] 31 32   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI