Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 3/7/2007 5:49:12 PM   
AndyR

Yaku-Blue?

Yes please!

A man chooses, a slave obeys.

(in reply to AndyR)
Post #: 61
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 5/7/2007 9:37:05 AM   
theram05

Hello Sven!

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 62
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 5/7/2007 9:38:18 AM   
theram05

Whats what at City

---------------------------------------

The blue haze of confusion that has hung over Manchester City all summer could be about to lift.
Former Thailand prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra is closing in on the 75% shareholding he needs to gain complete control of the club.
Thaksin lodged a formal 81.6m takeover bid for the Premier League club on 21 June.
He made the offer despite having his bank accounts frozen recently when Thai prosecutors filed corruption charges against him.
Any plans for the new season are still on hold until the outcome of the bid is decided but the City board says it intends to back the takeover.
City's wait for a new manager could also soon be over as former England manager Sven-Goran Eriksson has agreed a three-year contract in principle to take charge at Eastlands.
Eriksson's agreement is conditional on Thaksin's takeover going through.
It is unclear how much the new boss will have to spend but he will have to revamp a squad that only narrowly avoided relegation last season.
BBC Sport catches up with the story of City's summer - and looks at what could happen next at Eastlands.

WHO IS IN THE BOARDROOM NOW?
Lifelong City fan John Wardle made his fortune as the founder of JD Sports and has been City chairman since 2003.
He and former business partner David Makin own 29% of the club but, after a fruitless search for new investors for the past four years, they are keen to sell up.
The pair are owed 20m by City, part of the club's 60m debt.
Mark Boler (18.75%), BSkyB (9.9%) and Francis Lee (7%+) are the next largest shareholders after Wardle and Makin.
Of those shareholders, only BSkyB have not yet stated they intend to accept Thaksin's offer.
But Thaksin's company UK Sports Investments Ltd purchased a further 9.88% of shares on Thursday and it is believed that represented BSkyB's stake in the club.
Thaksin now has a 65.78% interest in City and is edging closer to owning 75% - at which point he can de-list the company from the stock exchange and take them into private ownership.

WHO WANTS TO BUY THE CLUB?
Takeover talk was rife at Eastlands all season, with Wardle announcing to the Stock Exchange in February that City were in discussions with potential investors.
Former City full-back Ray Ranson was the first to make a move for City at the end of April, with Thaksin showing his hand soon after.
An unnamed American consortium has also been mentioned but has remained in the shadows and, when Ranson pulled out of the running on 30 May, Thaksin took centre-stage.

WHY HAS THE TAKEOVER BEEN DELAYED?

Thaksin, 57, made a formal bid at the end of May and was granted access to the club's accounts.
But, despite reassurances from Thaksin's lawyer Noppadon Pattama that all was well, his offer failed to progress as expected.
Talks continued but the whole deal was put in jeopardy on 11 June when Thailand's military government froze 830m of Thaksin's assets while they investigated him for corruption.
However, Thaksin chose to press ahead with the deal and lodged a formal 81.6m offer on Thursday.
The City board has announced it intends to back the bid from UK Sports Investments, a vehicle indirectly controlled by Thaksin and his son and daughter.
But Thaksin will have to pass the Premier League's standard "fit and proper person" test before he can complete the proposed takeover.
Thai authorities are also investigating the source of the funds behind Thaksin's offer.
Wardle has remained silent throughout the process, partly because of regulations regarding takeovers.
But if it all falls through, Wardle will remain at the helm and, if so, he promised in April that "significant transfer funds" would still be made available to the new manager.
Thaksin has promised a transfer kitty of 50m if he wins control.

WHO WILL BE CITY'S NEXT BOSS?

City have been without a manager since Pearce was sacked on 14 May.
Ronald Koeman, Louis van Gaal and Gerald Houllier were the early favourites to replace him but a host of names have been linked with the job since.
The new season is less than two months away but any appointment has been delayed by the ongoing Thaksin takeover bid.
The wait for Thaksin cost City their reported main target, former Chelsea boss Claudio Ranieri, who was interested in the Eastlands job but was tempted away by Juventus.
Attention then shifted to Sevilla manager Juande Ramos and former Ajax coach Co Adriaanse, with Blackburn manager Mark Hughes and ex-Fulham boss Chris Coleman also linked to the post.
Sven-Goran Eriksson has been offered the job by Thaksin and agreed a three-year contract in principle but an official announcement is not expected until next week.
Sweden's assistant manager, Roland Andersson, says Eriksson has contacted him about being his number two at Manchester City, should he take charge.

DAY-TO-DAY AT EASTLANDS
Thaksin confirmed on 21 June that he has had a meeting with Eriksson.
However, City's chief executive Alistair Mackintosh has drawn up a separate shortlist for the manager's job.
Whatever happens next, it needs to happen quickly, as City's players begin pre-season training on 4 July.
The departure of Pearce and his assistant Steve Wigley means reserve-team manager Kenny Jackett and goalkeeping coach Eric Steele are the only recognised senior coaches at the club.
Player contract talks were suspended over the summer but they have now resumed, with England Under-21 defender Nedum Onuoha signing a new four-year deal on 25 June.
Goalkeeper Nicky Weaver and Michael Ball are still waiting on new deals after beginning negotiations when Pearce was in charge.
The club have not announced their pre-season programme yet but some fixtures have been pencilled in.
It has been confirmed that City will play Port Vale on 1 August in a benefit game for Vale boss Martin Foyle.
Another game will be against Shrewsbury as part of the deal that took England Under-21 goalkeeper Joe Hart to Eastlands in May 2006.
And one friendly is believed to be in the Far East.

WHAT IS HAPPENING TO CITY'S SQUAD?

Six members of last season's City squad have departed.
Sylvain Distin, Trevor Sinclair, Hatem Trabelsi, Stephen Jordan and DaMarcus Beasley have all left.
England international midfielder Joey Barton then completed a 5.8m move to Newcastle United on 14 June but City have made no new signings so far.

City are not the only Premiership club yet to welcome any new players this summer - Aston Villa, Blackburn, Derby and Everton are the others.
But, while their rivals can begin - or continue - their summer recruitment drive, there will be no new arrivals at Eastlands until a new manager is appointed.

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 63
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 5/7/2007 6:25:05 PM   
Sutty

Gutted to see Weaver go. He is a cracking goal keeper by anyones standards. He played over thirty games last year, and for the club to "put him on trial" rather than offer him a new contract is a disgrace. He is in his tenth year at the club, and when even half fit has served MCFC very well indeed.

He had a massive part to play in both promotions a few years back and has never let us down. He brought character and life to both the football pitch and the dressing room when we needed it most - I remember his scissor kick to keep the ball in play against Huddersfield Town away one rainy midweek night in the lower leagues, not to mention some pretty woeful cartwheels, but its all good! - and was a great ambassador for the club and the sport. He came back from a potentially career threatening injury, shed the weight, knuckled down, and I thought he would start as No. 1 this season.

I truly hope that he goes on to do well with Charlton Athletic - they have got themselves a huge bargain by the way - and plays a blinder against us next time we cross paths.
I have spoken to "Weaves" on several occassions, having attended sportsmans dinners and living in the same area, and he was never anything less than totally approachable, talkative, jovial, and most of all honest.

Good luck to the man. It's a damned shame the club let him go.

C.T.I.D

[/link]

[link=http://www.4thegame.com/search/results.html?q=+Nicky+Weaver+]

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

Post #: 64
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 6/7/2007 2:47:59 PM   
AndyR

City officially unveil new manager- guess who? (Click)

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 65
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 6/7/2007 2:53:10 PM   
theram05

You beat me to it.

50mill to spend, not to be sniffed at!

(in reply to AndyR)
Post #: 66
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 6/7/2007 6:03:44 PM   
AndyR

quote:

ORIGINAL: theram05

You beat me to it.

50mill to spend, not to be sniffed at!

As long as it's spent well, we could bring in some pretty good players with that amount- we certainly need them!

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 67
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 6/7/2007 9:33:49 PM   
Sutty

Sven has said that there will be new signings, and some suprise ones too!!

I heard Riquelime from Villareal. Only a rumour mind!

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.

(in reply to AndyR)
Post #: 68
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 6/7/2007 9:41:07 PM   
AndyR

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sutty

That one sounds about as likely as the Torres rumour!

Would love it, just love it, to be true though...

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 69
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 8/7/2007 7:10:32 PM   
Sutty

"Gettable" players for Man City.

Steed Malbranque
Wayne Routledge
Jermaine Defoe
Peter Crouch
Papa Bouba Diop
Kevin Nolan
Jason Koumas
Henri Camara
Diomansy Camara
Davis Nugent
Tim Cahill
Freddie Ljungberg
Joe Cole
Mido
Alan Smith

The ones Highlighted are one I would like to see sign up for us.

Post #: 70
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 8/7/2007 9:07:24 PM   
VincentHanna

Players linked with City in Sunday's papers....

Christian Wilhelmsson
Zoltan Gera
Yakubu
Roque Santa Cruz
Owen Garvan 

< Message edited by VincentHanna -- 8/7/2007 9:30:14 PM >

No one's listening to you. If you wanna complain, write it on a piece of paper. And shove it up your ass.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 71
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 8/7/2007 9:25:31 PM   
Rinc

quote:

Joe Cole

If you got Joe Cole i'd stop watching football.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 72
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 8/7/2007 9:59:58 PM   
AndyR

quote:

ORIGINAL: VincentHanna

Players linked with City in Sunday's papers....

Christian Wilhelmsson
Zoltan Gera
Yakubu
Roque Santa Cruz
Owen Garvan 

You missed Phil Chuckle off that list.

(in reply to VincentHanna)
Post #: 73
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 8/7/2007 10:15:14 PM   
VincentHanna

quote:

ORIGINAL: AndyR
You missed Phil Chuckle off that list.

Ah, you noticed.....yes, I did that on purpose.
On a happier note, bought my ticket for the derby last Wednesday.

< Message edited by VincentHanna -- 8/7/2007 10:29:03 PM >

No one's listening to you. If you wanna complain, write it on a piece of paper. And shove it up your ass.

(in reply to AndyR)
Post #: 74
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 9/7/2007 9:33:57 AM   
theram05

quote:

I'm pretty sure the godlike genius that is Riquelme no longer plays for Villareal.

He is on the other hand showing his godlike genius for the Argies at present in the Copa.

Man I like Riquelme.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 75
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 9/7/2007 9:35:55 AM   
Felix

Yes he does, he's only on loan at Boca.

quote:

Steed Malbranque
Wayne Routledge
Jermaine Defoe
Peter Crouch
Papa Bouba Diop
Kevin Nolan
Jason Koumas
Henri Camara
Diomansy Camara
Davis Nugent
Tim Cahill
Freddie Ljungberg
Joe Cole
Mido
Alan Smith

Joe Cole? Gettable? For City?

Only if you kidnap him...

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 76
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 9/7/2007 9:37:28 AM   
theram05

quote:

ORIGINAL: Felix

Yes he does, he's only on loan at Boca.

quote:

Steed Malbranque
Wayne Routledge
Jermaine Defoe
Peter Crouch
Papa Bouba Diop
Kevin Nolan
Jason Koumas
Henri Camara
Diomansy Camara
Davis Nugent
Tim Cahill
Freddie Ljungberg
Joe Cole
Mido
Alan Smith

Joe Cole? Gettable? For City?

Only if you kidnap him...

Tis ok, I wouldnt take the fat headed fucker anyway. Step over this, step over that, gerroutta it.

Btw, hasn't Cahill just signed a new contract with Everton, methinks that list is as reliable as my farts after a night of Guinness.

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 77
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 9/7/2007 9:42:23 AM   
Felix

I love the fact Sven thought he'd be able to sign the super midfield general, Mr. P. Neville.

Yes thats right Sven, your first act as City manager was to try buy one of the biggest Man Utd fans in the whole of England, brother of the biggest Man Utd fan in the whole of England...

That'll win over the doubters...

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 78
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 9/7/2007 9:57:08 AM   
theram05

Sven obviously doesn't read the Neviller's column in 365.

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 79
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 9/7/2007 10:13:16 AM   
Felix

Gary is going to give Silly Philly such a big chinese burn for even thinking about it.

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 80
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 10/7/2007 12:02:09 PM   
AndyR

Looks like Sven's first signing is on the way, and it's not Phil Neville!

Rolando Bianchi (Click)

I was going to link to his Wikipedia site, but it appears some "hilarious" Manyoo fan has sabotaged it.

< Message edited by AndyR -- 10/7/2007 12:04:14 PM >

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 81
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 10/7/2007 12:08:15 PM   
AndyR

Here's the real version:

quote:

Rolando Bianchi (born February 15, 1983 in Port-De-Bouc, Bergamo) is an Italian footballer, currently playing for Reggina. His position is centre forward. He is widely considered as one of the brightest promises of Italian football, and thus far during the 2006-2007 season he has shown why he is so highly regarded having been one of the only bright spots for Reggina this season.

Bianchi began his career in 2000 with Atalanta. He played twenty games for the first team, without scoring, despite being a prolific scorer in the reserves. He was loaned to Serie B team Cagliari in 2003, where he played 14 matches, scoring two goals. Returned to Atalanta on January 2004, he played only one match in the whole second half of the season. Bianchi moved again to Cagliari, now in Serie A, in June 2004; but, once again, it was not a success, as he scored just two goals in twenty-five appearances for the club. This form prompted him to be sold to Reggina in 2005, where he scored one goal in nine appearances in his first season, following a serious knee injury in a Italy U-21 training after the first day of the season.

He took part in the 2006 U-21 Championships in Portugal, where he made three appearances and scored one goal for Italy U-21. Hiscriano Rolando finished 4th in the Serie A goalscoring table in the 2006/2007 season. He also helped Reggina retain top fight status, with the Calabrian team finishing 14th, just 1 point clear of relegated Chievo.

(in reply to AndyR)
Post #: 82
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 10/7/2007 2:24:23 PM   
The Hooded Man

Are Man City fans not disgusted that their new owner is a human rights violator?

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to AndyR)
Post #: 83
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 10/7/2007 2:30:47 PM   
theram05

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Hooded Man

Are Man City fans not disgusted that their new owner is a human rights violator?

Ah who hasn't opressed a few underlings in their day. I like to think of him as being ambitious.

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 84
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 10/7/2007 2:38:55 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

quote:

Ah who hasn't opressed a few underlings in their day. I like to think of him as being ambitious.

This would be on accusations of the democratically elected government is it?  Sorry? what?  No its  on the word of the government who forceably removed him from power.  Oh right well he must be guilty then.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 85
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 10/7/2007 2:56:59 PM   
theram05

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

quote:

quote:

This would be on accusations of the democratically elected government is it?  Sorry? what?  No its  on the word of the government who forceably removed him from power.  Oh right well he must be guilty then.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story Bob!

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 86
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 10/7/2007 6:32:39 PM   
AndyR

quote:

I think you'll find that's "alleged" human rights violations.

Mr. Sinatra's lawyers will be contacting you shortly...

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 87
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 12/7/2007 5:30:22 PM   
Sutty

Bianchi at carrington for a medical. Sounds a decent player. 14 goals is Serie A last season in a side that began the season with a points deduction and managed to stay up. He is 24 so of a good age.

Ljunberg mentioned today too for 6m. I'd snap him up!!

(in reply to AndyR)
Post #: 88
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 12/7/2007 7:07:26 PM   
JJ Holiday

quote:

If 6m was offered for Freddie Arsenal would bite City's hand off. Before doing the dance of glee, obviously.

"Stay frosty"

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 89
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 12/7/2007 7:24:08 PM   
AndyR

quote:

ORIGINAL: JJ Holiday

quote:

If 6m was offered for Freddie Arsenal would bite City's hand off. Before doing the dance of glee, obviously.

I'm hoping the 6m is just typical tabloid-bollocks, it seems too much for a 30 year old injury-prone winger.

Is there some reason Wenger doesn't want him at Arsenal?

(in reply to JJ Holiday)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI