Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 Page: <<   < prev  26 27 [28] 29 30   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 15/8/2011 11:31:12 PM   
directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Griffin

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

Yes.  Having a good game against Swansea.  The best player ever.

Who said he was the best player ever?
Wind your neck in.

I was over-reacting.  I thought that was the norm.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 811
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 16/8/2011 7:44:59 AM   
King_Bard

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yes. Having a good game against Swansea. The best player ever.

Wind your neck in.

I was over-reacting. I thought that was the norm.

Do you always have to be such a twat?

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 812
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 16/8/2011 8:41:29 AM   
jonson

Good game, I was very impressed. However, I only came on here to talk about how annoying Gary Neville is on SKY. Bring back Keys and Grey, I just can't put up with the goateed, shuffling cock all season.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to King_Bard)
Post #: 813
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 16/8/2011 8:46:16 AM   
juanvasquez

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

Good game, I was very impressed. However, I only came on here to talk about how annoying Gary Neville is on SKY. Bring back Keys and Grey, I just can't put up with the goateed, shuffling cock all season.

Don't worry, they have Dwight Yorke as well... I'm sure I was going somewhere with this... Nope.

Although I couldn't stand Gray either. Maybe the Villa connection, or just that he's a twat.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 814
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 16/8/2011 10:57:05 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

This! Why can't he just stand still.....

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 815
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 16/8/2011 10:59:51 AM   
JIm R

It's his naseal whine that does it, plus he's a massive cock.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 816
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 16/8/2011 11:05:57 AM   
superdan

The pair of them did my head, Neville and that bland twat opposite him. Why do we constantly have to see them using the oh-so-sparkly technology, can't they just show us the screen rather than distracting us by showing The Bootlicker trying to use his magic pen or whatever?

On topic, I doubt Aguero could have asked for a better debut. You can argue about the quality of the opposition, but you can't doubt that he completely transformed the game in half an hour. 2 goals and an assist? Not bad work for a cameo on a cold wet night etc.

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 817
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 16/8/2011 11:15:24 AM   
talpacino

I wasn't a fan of Keyes and Grey but yeah this pair are pretty bad. I'd even take the ESPN crowd over these with Savage's stupidly funny comments and Keegan's embarrassed looks.

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 818
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 16/8/2011 6:13:55 PM   
Saltire

quote:

ORIGINAL: talpacino

I wasn't a fan of Keyes and Grey but yeah this pair are pretty bad. I'd even take the ESPN crowd over these with Savage's stupidly funny comments and Keegan's embarrassed looks.

Indeed, theres no personality in there now. Ok Keyes and Gray are gone but Jeff Stelling is a top anchor with a bit of wit to him and Sky should go for a proper PL legend like Shearer or anyone else - even Robbie Savage would be better than this! Why not even put Jamie in all the time, ok he's not everyones cup-of-tea but at least he has something about him. Will they listen? Will the balls, because they want it all "nice and safe".

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 819
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 16/8/2011 6:33:53 PM   
directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: King_Bard

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yes.  Having a good game against Swansea.  The best player ever.

Wind your neck in.

I was over-reacting.  I thought that was the norm.

Do you always have to be such a twat?

I'm not the one calling other people vulgar names, bub.

(in reply to King_Bard)
Post #: 820
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 21/9/2011 8:08:37 PM   
directorscut

It's a Christmas miracle!

Post #: 821
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 21/9/2011 8:10:24 PM   
impqueen

quote:

It's a Christmas miracle!

Yes, always.

Post #: 822
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 21/9/2011 8:43:27 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Fair dues. He offered to play for Utd for free and he obviously wants to be playing football.

Am I the only one who went "oh Birmingham, City will walk this" without remembering that Birmingham are actually the holders of this? Still, looks like City will walk this.

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 823
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 27/9/2011 11:19:07 PM   
Goodfella

So Carlos Tevez refused to come off the bench tonight?

His disgraceful behaviour and the way he has handled his transfer matters since arriving in the UK has for me shown him as a spoilt, selfish, two-faced twat. If I was Roberto Mancini I'd keep him until the end of his contract, pay him every week (let's face it you can afford too) and make him carry the U18s kitbags every week until the end of his contract.

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 824
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 27/9/2011 11:35:14 PM   
James2183

Or fire him for breach of contract and sue him for the transfer fee they would have got for him - ala Mutu

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 825
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 27/9/2011 11:48:29 PM   
directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goodfella

So Carlos Tevez refused to come off the bench tonight?

His disgraceful behaviour and the way he has handled his transfer matters since arriving in the UK has for me shown him as a spoilt, selfish, two-faced twat. If I was Roberto Mancini I'd keep him until the end of his contract, pay him every week (let's face it you can afford too) and make him carry the U18s kitbags every week until the end of his contract.

Carry the U18 kitbags for 250,000 p/w? Sounds like a great deal!

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 826
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 28/9/2011 12:33:16 AM   
kata

quote:

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini has said he wants Carlos Tevez "out of the club" after the striker refused to play against Bayern Munich.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15085003.stm

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

Post #: 827
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 28/9/2011 11:37:31 AM   
Professor Moriarty

During the summer I found the Tevez situation interesting and I still do.

I don't think we quite know what price Tevez went to City for. But given reports that Utd's option for him was around 25M you'd imagine that is at least what City paid. And he was their leading goal scorer last year, so a figure of around 30M valuation would not be out of this world. But it seemed no club would pay anything like this for him - and realistically, who would when he'd probably be trying to engineer another move the day after he walked in the door.

So City can't sell him at a value acceptable to them - and that's putting aside whatever Tevez's wage demands are at his new club and who could afford them.

And at the other side they have him stuck in a contract at around 250K per week. And I expect they will have to keep paying this whether he plays or not (I'm sure there are some appearance, goal, etc bonuses, but let's say he'll be getting a healthy wage whatever). And if they do treat him harshly then I'd not be one iota surprised if he took the legal action that (I think it was) Adebayor reportedly threatened that they are trying to force a constructive dismissal.

If I were harsh and cynical I'd suggest it is a situation that the greedy Tevez and the spending before thinking City may both deserve to be in. But personally I hope that they just use Tevez for tackling practice by de Jong at every training session.

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 828
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 28/9/2011 12:59:22 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

Or fire him for breach of contract and sue him for the transfer fee they would have got for him - ala Mutu

If I was a City fan I'd much prefer the humiliation option, they certainly have the money to pull it off and I imagine, given his outstanding track record, that Tevez will carry on like this for the rest of his career. He is the epitome of what could and in some ways is going wrong with high-profile and highly-paid football "stars."

I find it funny that, after this incident, Tevez has come out said this morning that he is "more than ready to fulfill his duties as a player of Manchester City FC" when just six weeks ago he declared he would never set foot back in Manchester, the city that is, let alone the football club.

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 829
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 28/9/2011 1:14:32 PM   
superdan

It's a bit of a problem for City I think. The guy is obviously poison, and a massive dickhead to boot, but unless they adjust their valuation he won't be going anywhere. What do you do then? Leave him to rot in the reserves for the remainder of his contract? He's still going to be getting paid 250k a week. Having such a childish bellend interacting with the up and coming players will hardly benefit the club either.

The worst thing is that he is a genuinely excellent player. Such a shame that he's done everything he can to make himself one of the most reviled players in the history of the PL.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 830
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 28/9/2011 1:20:29 PM   
thatlittlemonkey

Is there any truth to the rumour that they've turned the Welcome to Manchester sign around and changed the wording to "You are now leaving Manchester"?

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 831
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 28/9/2011 1:26:34 PM   
JIm R

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

It's a bit of a problem for City I think. The guy is obviously poison, and a massive dickhead to boot, but unless they adjust their valuation he won't be going anywhere. What do you do then? Leave him to rot in the reserves for the remainder of his contract? He's still going to be getting paid 250k a week. Having such a childish bellend interacting with the up and coming players will hardly benefit the club either.

The worst thing is that he is a genuinely excellent player. Such a shame that he's done everything he can to make himself one of the most reviled players in the history of the PL.

There is only so far 'I want to move because I miss my children' will wash when you club has bent over backwards to accomodate the situation.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 832
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 28/9/2011 3:16:08 PM   
ChickMagnet

This just smacks to me of Tevez trying to get Citeh to fire him, now I just plain don't like citeh, Mancini or Tevez but I do feel for Mancini here. If he fires Tevez then he gets to move to any club he wants whilst no doubt he and Joobrichian (who I assume is still his agent), will be able to finagle huge signing on and agent fees due to there being no transfer fee involved, but keep him around and he's going to be a bad influence on the team. Seeing as he is essentially an employee of Manchester City I'd love if they changed his job role to 'odd job man' and forced him to do menial tasks like work the ticket office, clean the ground up after a home game, sell matchday programs and babysit Mario Balotelli, but sadly that'd never happen.

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 833
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 28/9/2011 8:20:48 PM   
tommyjarvis

Here's one option:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-15093522

"I've been too honest with myself, I should have lied like everybody else"

My Top 101 Rock Songs - The first Audiophile list to actually get completed!

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 834
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 28/9/2011 9:01:09 PM   
impqueen

Or this...http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2011/September/Carlos-Tevez-a-club-statement

Yes, always.

(in reply to tommyjarvis)
Post #: 835
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 29/9/2011 10:46:12 AM   
Professor Moriarty

Player doesn't want to warm up or play.. so you suspend him from training and playing. This sounds like its playing right into Tevez's hands. I still wish they'd used him for de Jong tackling practise.

And as for Mancini telling him to eff off back to Argentina. Ummm isn't that precisely what Tevez spent the summer trying to do?

< Message edited by Professor Moriarty -- 29/9/2011 10:54:23 AM >

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 836
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 19/10/2011 2:14:49 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Wow that result meant something to Mancini last night didn't it. I don't think he was so animated when City won the FA Cup. Puts everything that happened in the previous Champs League game in the background.

A brave move to take off Johnson. He's a player I really like, but when I've seen him be most effective for City is more as an impact sub, running at defenders with tired legs than starting from the off. While Dzeko's goal tally this season is really good, he's not looking as effective in recent games. I think the Guardian suggested this morning that this is due to the fact that Mancini has been deploying inverted wingers, so right-footed player on the left and vice-versa who prefer to cut in, rather than deliver a cross. Either way, Aguero is a massive player for them. Bad luck to Villareal who've had a torrid season domestically so far, but really upped their game last night.

Ahead of Utd in the table. Putting their inaugural Champs League outing on a sound footing. Having Aguero back in the team. Should make for a really juicy game at the weekend.

Post #: 837
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 9/11/2011 12:34:13 PM   
ChickMagnet

BBC are reporting that Tevez has gone AWOL from training, you've gotta wonder whats going through his tiny little mind haven't ya?

Post #: 838
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 9/11/2011 12:40:27 PM   
Scott_

Awww, I thought you were posting something about Super Mario. You've no idea how disappointed I am.

Tevez needs to stop being a cunt and grow a set. Just get on with your fucking job then you can piss off in January if any club is stupid enough to pay you.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 839
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 22/11/2011 9:05:14 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Funny isn't it. Napoli struggling recently in Serie A and City flying in the EPL, yet you'd think the opposite from this game.

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 840
Page:   <<   < prev  26 27 [28] 29 30   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 Page: <<   < prev  26 27 [28] 29 30   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI