Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 26/6/2007 1:53:29 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker

I think the greedy fucker Sven is holding out for more cash. I don't rate him and think it's a bad move bringing him in

Really?  
Why don't you rate him when he is it the only man to win the double in 3 countries? 

Or the most successful England manager we have had in the last 40 years.

Also can you please tell me why he is a greedy fucker.

Thanks

I don't rate him because the 'most successful England manager for 40 years' never got us past a quaterfinal in any major competition - especially considering he had some great players to work with.

Both Venables and Robson got us closer to winning something than he ever did.

And he is a greedy fucker because he has been caught with fake Sheikhs trying to get his next big payday while still in the England job.

Good luck to Man City - I hazard a guess he won't be that successful

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 31
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 26/6/2007 2:16:41 PM   
theram05

quote:

And he is a greedy fucker because he has been caught with fake Sheikhs trying to get his next big payday while still in the England job.

Would you turn down the opportunity to hear what somebody else has to say or would you demand they ask your bosses permission first?

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 32
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 26/6/2007 2:39:31 PM   
Felix

As much as I hope he fails miserably, I think Ci-thai have done themselves a good deal here. Anyone who thinks that Eriksson isn't a first class manager, is quite frankly a fool.

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 33
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 26/6/2007 2:39:50 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

I don't rate him because the 'most successful England manager for 40 years' never got us past a quaterfinal in any major competition - especially considering he had some great players to work with.

Venables got us to a semi final because we were playing at home.  We were awful against Swizerland, Scotland and Spain and the only reason that tournament is held in high regard by England fans is the Holland game and Gazza's goal against the Scots.  We were poor for the most of that tournament.

As for Robson did you actually ever watch Mexico 86 or Italy 90.  Poor performances against Morocco and Portugal saw us looking down the barrel a few injuries later and we stumbled onto a new formation which saw us beat the mighty Poles before dispatching the super Paraguay in the 2nd round.  Bascially the first time we met a decent side we went out, valiantly as always but still out we went.
Italy we were just as poor don't you remember being 2-0 down to Cameroon for fucks sake.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

Post #: 34
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 26/6/2007 3:31:21 PM   
theram05

quote:

ORIGINAL: Felix

As much as I hope he fails miserably, I think Ci-thai have done themselves a good deal here. Anyone who thinks that Eriksson isn't a first class manager, is quite frankly a fool.

Ooooooh, I like that, that might catch on!

As regards Sven, I'm dismayed at the amount of people who follow the Tabloid journo view of football. Sven was never a plank, his style of football may be a tad unimaginative at times with England, but as a Club manager, his ability was never in doubt. I think he's a fantastic capture for Citeh.

Too right Bob, agree with all you said there.

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 35
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 26/6/2007 3:34:13 PM   
AndyR

quote:

ORIGINAL: theram05

As regards our financial situation, it will be interesting to see what develops, we have a serious debt there and I would be interested to see does he plan on paying it off or what the deal is. As regards Eastlands, I'm not sure he needs to buy the ground, our lease is pretty minimal and while it would be nice to own it outright, I think its something that can be looked into further down the line.

I was under the impression that as most of the 'debt' was owed to Wardle and Makin, Ol' Blue Eyes would wipe out that debt by buying their shares.

A man chooses, a slave obeys.

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 36
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 26/6/2007 3:46:18 PM   
theram05

quote:

ORIGINAL: AndyR

quote:

As regards our financial situation, it will be interesting to see what develops, we have a serious debt there and I would be interested to see does he plan on paying it off or what the deal is. As regards Eastlands, I'm not sure he needs to buy the ground, our lease is pretty minimal and while it would be nice to own it outright, I think its something that can be looked into further down the line.

I was under the impression that as most of the 'debt' was owed to Wardle and Makin, Ol' Blue Eyes would wipe out that debt by buying their shares.

Good point, if I recall correctly tehy do hold a large chunk of it, but by no means all of it. Either way, that cheers me up a little.

Your av scares me a bit.

(in reply to AndyR)
Post #: 37
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 26/6/2007 3:53:14 PM   
AndyR

quote:

quote:

quote:

Good point, if I recall correctly tehy do hold a large chunk of it, but by no means all of it. Either way, that cheers me up a little.

I think the rest of the debt is an extremely long-term loan to a US bank based on season ticket sales, not sure about the amounts though.

quote:

Your av scares me a bit.

If I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 38
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 26/6/2007 4:42:42 PM   
theram05

quote:

I think the rest of the debt is an extremely long-term loan to a US bank based on season ticket sales, not sure about the amounts though.

Yea, see thats the bit that scares me, Leeds also tied in their season ticket sales to their debt, its not ideal, but at least its not all that way.

quote:

If I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?

You're a twisted man Andy, a twisted twisted man...

< Message edited by theram05 -- 26/6/2007 4:43:40 PM >

(in reply to AndyR)
Post #: 39
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 26/6/2007 4:50:22 PM   
Felix

Aww, its so cute. Look at the little City fans with their hopes and expectations building up for the new season....

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 40
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 26/6/2007 4:52:58 PM   
theram05

quote:

Aww, its so cute. Look at the little City fans with their hopes and expectations building up for the new season....

Screw you man, screw you! We could be brilliant, this could be the year, we could be, oh damn it, I'm going to say it, we could be massive!!!

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 41
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 26/6/2007 5:06:27 PM   
AndyR

quote:

Ooooooh, I like that, that might catch on!

As regards Sven, I'm dismayed at the amount of people who follow the Tabloid journo view of football. Sven was never a plank, his style of football may be a tad unimaginative at times with England, but as a Club manager, his ability was never in doubt. I think he's a fantastic capture for Citeh.
quote:

quote:

Yea, see thats the bit that scares me, Leeds also tied in their season ticket sales to their debt, its not ideal, but at least its not all that way.

quote:

You're a twisted man Andy, a twisted twisted man...

There's no reason to be scared, mate. It's not as if we've got a reputation for ballsing things up now is it.
I'm pretty certain it's all going to be to sunshine and thai-brides for City fans from here on in.

Maybe...

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 42
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 26/6/2007 6:06:21 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

quote:

Shut it baldy!

EDIT : Whatever people say about Venables and Robson the fact it they got further than Eriksson ever did.

But this is going over old ground - the fact Eriksson only took four forwards (including Walcott + semi fit Owen/ Rooney) to the World Cup says it all. A breathtakingly stupid move that cost us dear.

He was mediocre when it came to the biggest matches and that is borne out by his results in the three major tournaments. You can't argue with the final result I'm afraid

< Message edited by Fluke Skywalker -- 26/6/2007 6:22:21 PM >

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 43
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 27/6/2007 8:43:21 AM   
borstal

I thought results showed he was a very good club manager?

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

Post #: 44
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 27/6/2007 9:01:48 AM   
Felix

quote:

He was mediocre when it came to the biggest matches and that is borne out by his results in the three major tournaments. You can't argue with the final result I'm afraid

I'll give you the fact that he took the wrong forwards, but in each tournament England went as far as they deserved. They werent one of the best 4 teams in any of the tournaments, so going out in the quarter finals was fair in my opinion. Of course, I would have rather we went further.

[This space for rent] -

Post #: 45
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 27/6/2007 12:48:39 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

quote:

I'll give you the fact that he took the wrong forwards, but in each tournament England went as far as they deserved. They werent one of the best 4 teams in any of the tournaments, so going out in the quarter finals was fair in my opinion. Of course, I would have rather we went further.

Also with this 4 forward thing who would you of wanted to be included?  Defoe?    Give me a break. He gambled on Owen staying fit and got unlucky.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 46
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 27/6/2007 1:17:02 PM   
Sinatra

quote:

Or the most successful England manager we have had in the last 40 years.

Bobby Robson getting us to the Semis of the WC is more of an achievement IMO.
People do go over the top slagging Sven off though, he's an odd character granted but he was an unlucky England Manager only just missing out on a couple of semi-finals himself.

Post #: 47
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 27/6/2007 1:47:59 PM   
Sutty

Could have been worse...Coulda got Neil Warnock! or Chris Coleman!

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 48
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 27/6/2007 1:57:54 PM   
pauljthomas

Good luck with Eriksson.

Am glad Wet Sham are being nudged out of the spotlight & the news is finally focussed on someone else.

You know how I know your gay? You like Coldplay

BUS WANKERS!!!!

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 49
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 27/6/2007 2:37:38 PM   
theram05

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sutty

Could have been worse...Coulda got Neil Warnock! or Chris Coleman!

Whatever about Coleman, I thank my lucky stars it wasn't Warnock.

Of course, who knows where things could go next!

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 50
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 27/6/2007 7:20:39 PM   
Sutty

That is the beauty of the Blues. No fucker knows!!

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 51
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 30/6/2007 11:50:54 AM   
brampski

And todays WTF moment is...

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=474479&CPID=8&clid=14&lid=2&title=City+try+for+Torres&channel=football_home&

What are the occasions that warrant a dancing banana?

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 52
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 1/7/2007 6:11:46 PM   
AndyR

Current squad for 2007/2008 season:

Goalkeepers
Andreas Isaksson
Joe Hart
Nicky Weaver
Kasper Schmeichel

Defenders
Richard Dunne
Nedum Onouha
Micah Richards
Jihai Sun
Danny Mills
Matthew Mills

Midfielders
Micheal Johnson
Ousmane Dabo
Didi Hamann
Stephen Ireland

Forwards
Giorgos Samaras
Bernardo Corradi
Darius Vassell
Ishmael Miller
Daniel Sturridge

Looking a bit weak isn't it?
Hopefully we can start bringing players in soon.

(in reply to brampski)
Post #: 53
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 1/7/2007 6:35:45 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

Goalkeepers
Andreas Isaksson   KEEP
Joe Hart                 KEEP
Nicky Weaver        KEEP
Kasper Schmeichel  KEEP

Defenders
Richard Dunne   KEEP
Nedum Onouha  KEEP
Micah Richards  KEEP
Jihai Sun            BIN
Danny Mills       BIN
Matthew Mills   DUNNO

Midfielders
Micheal Johnson  GOOD AT HURDLES THATS ABOUT IT
Ousmane Dabo   KEEP
Didi Hamann         KEEP
Stephen Ireland       KEEP

Forwards
Giorgos Samaras  BIN
Bernardo Corradi  BIN
Darius Vassell    DOUBLE BAG AND BIN
Ishmael Miller   DUNNO
Daniel Sturridge  KEEP

I think you need about 10 new players give or take.

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to AndyR)
Post #: 54
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 1/7/2007 6:38:52 PM   
AndyR

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

quote:

Goalkeepers
Andreas Isaksson   KEEP
Joe Hart                 KEEP
Nicky Weaver        KEEP
Kasper Schmeichel  KEEP

Defenders
Richard Dunne   KEEP
Nedum Onouha  KEEP
Micah Richards  KEEP
Jihai Sun            BIN
Danny Mills       BIN
Matthew Mills   DUNNO

Midfielders
Michael Johnson  GOOD AT HURDLES THATS ABOUT IT

Ousmane Dabo   KEEP
Didi Hamann         KEEP
Stephen Ireland       KEEP

Forwards
Giorgos Samaras  BIN
Bernardo Corradi  BIN
Darius Vassell    DOUBLE BAG AND BIN
Ishmael Miller   DUNNO
Daniel Sturridge  KEEP

I think you need about 10 new players give or take.

Johnson's quality, like Barton but without  the Jekyll/Hyde personality and more creative.
Other than that, yeah, we need a fair few players, especially wingers, as I'm not sure we've got any at the moment.

Post #: 55
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 1/7/2007 6:47:32 PM   
borstal

I thought Michael Johnsons best discipline was 200m, then 400?

Also, I work with a Bury fan who says that Kasper is a good keeper with LOTS of potential so try and keep hold of an assett now you bitters!

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

(in reply to AndyR)
Post #: 56
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 1/7/2007 6:52:19 PM   
AndyR

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

Also, I work with a Bury fan who says that Kasper is a good keeper with LOTS of potential so try and keep hold of an assett now you bitters!

Yeah, I live in Bury and he was very popular here, and also in Falkirk, where he spent last year on loan. It all depends on whether he'll be happy waiting for his chance at City.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 57
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 1/7/2007 6:54:07 PM   
borstal

quote:

quote:

Yeah, I live in Bury and he was very popular here, and also in Falkirk, where he spent last year on loan. It all depends on whether he'll be happy waiting for his chance at City.

Ah yes Bury, they have a well supported team dont they? Dare I say it?

(in reply to AndyR)
Post #: 58
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 1/7/2007 6:56:50 PM   
AndyR

...Say what?

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 59
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 1/7/2007 10:11:50 PM   
AndyR

quote:

Ah yes Bury, they have a well supported team dont they? Dare I say it?

I was being a bit thick before, did you mean why don't I support Bury?

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI