Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Man City Thread - 2011/12 Champions

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> Man City Thread - 2011/12 Champions Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Man City Thread - 2011/12 Champions - 18/12/2006 11:06:24 AM   
Peter Griffin

A new thread for all bitter blues & welsh/irish/australian/neptunian reds to take the piss out of sad little cidee(or however the fuck they spell it).

< Message edited by Peter Griffin -- 16/5/2012 7:50:24 PM >

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."
Post #: 1
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 18/12/2006 11:08:27 AM   
theram05

Irish man and a Citeh fan, so less of the paddy bashing!!!!!!!!!!

Poor showing again yesterday, but you just knew it was going ot be one of those atypically City days when you saw the worst away record come to home of the City's best home record, the typically city way of losing a no lose game.

Some strike by Huddlestone though....

< Message edited by theram05 -- 18/12/2006 11:10:48 AM >

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 2
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 18/12/2006 11:17:13 AM   
Peter Griffin

quote:

Irish man and a Citeh fan

You sir are a sadist

quote:

Indeed, Spuds played well first half, thought we should of had a pen at the end though.

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 3
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 18/12/2006 11:20:45 AM   
theram05

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Griffin

quote:

Irish man and a Citeh fan

You sir are a sadist

quote:

Indeed, Spuds played well first half, thought we should of had a pen at the end though.

Did ya ever get the feeling we could be talking to each other in here?

Yea, thought we might have gotten that shout but some you get some you don't. We're lacking a lot around midfield at present, Reyna looks a beaten docket, Did hasn't fired, and Joey's doing it all on his own. Thought Ireland might have given us more, but maybe if he gets a few games after his injury he might pick up some form. Also we really need to sort out left back.

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

Post #: 4
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 18/12/2006 12:06:32 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

A new thread for all bitter blues & welsh/irish/australian/neptunian reds to take the piss out of sad little cidee(or however the fuck they spell it).

How come Welsh was the first in the list?

Anyway genuine question. With all the talk of Joey Barton being mooted for an England call-up what do you reckon your chances of keeping him will be? I'm assuming that Stevie Mac will want the majority of his squad to be involved in European competition of some sort and the chance of him getting it at City doesn't look very promising.

Same for Micah Richards, although it would definitely be in his best interest to stay at City for the next couple of years at least IMO. His development would be stunted on the Chelsea/Utd (yeah right) bench whereas he's guaranteed a game at City.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

Post #: 5
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 18/12/2006 4:12:20 PM   
borstal

quote:

Fuckin class start to a city thread! Man U get a mention in the 1st sentence...

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

Post #: 6
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 19/12/2006 2:22:33 AM   
Sutty

quote:

ORIGINAL: theram05

Irish man and a Citeh fan, so less of the paddy bashing!!!!!!!!!!

Poor showing again yesterday, but you just knew it was going ot be one of those atypically City days when you saw the worst away record come to home of the City's best home record, the typically city way of losing a no lose game.

Put me in mind of a young Glenn Hoddle. But for city I think we have the nucleus of a good side. Weaver is a good keeper, Micah and Dunny are good at the back. Barton can hold his own in the midfield, and I quite like vassell. I just wish the fucker learnt how to finish!!

Our problem is we are consistantly inconsistant.

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 7
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 19/12/2006 8:45:39 AM   
theram05

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

quote:

Fuckin class start to a city thread! Man U get a mention in the 1st sentence...

Coulda been referring to the Pool or the Gooners, after all Utd are the rags.

< Message edited by theram05 -- 19/12/2006 8:46:05 AM >

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 8
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 19/12/2006 12:02:05 PM   
Peter Griffin

quote:

Because the Welsh are better than Neptune.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 9
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 22/12/2006 10:11:19 AM   
borstal

quote:

quote:

Because the Welsh are better than Neptune.

Do you think that City will manage to keep hold of playes like Richards and Barton? I understand flogging Wright-Phillips when someone like Abramovich appears chucking money at a team.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

Post #: 10
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 22/12/2006 3:53:24 PM   
Henry JW

Just watching Sky Sports and apparently Joey Barton has no 'ambition or desire' to leave City. We'll see about that.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 11
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 22/12/2006 5:30:25 PM   
Sutty

read today that swp could return for 10 mill. I say snap him up. And Alan Smith...

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.

(in reply to Henry JW)
Post #: 12
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 23/12/2006 12:38:46 PM   
borstal

Smithie aint leaving.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 13
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 27/12/2006 12:50:19 PM   
Sutty

Sheffield Utd 0 - Manchester City 1 (Ireland)

Very important win yesterday. Still a long way to go, but if we can pick up points against those around us - West Ham next - the we'll be ok.

Stevie Ireland did well in a rare start, and I'd like to see him given a run of games now to prove his worth. When he came on against the rags he gave us more creativity and guille in the midfield, and he was the best midefielder on the pitch against Sheff Utd yesterday.

We still need another striker, someone who if they sign in the january transfer window will bag us 8-10 goals. In terms of strikers I'd like to see one of the following either on loan or ideally bought:

Alan Smith
James Beattie (if Smith goes to Everton)
David Nugent
Robbie Keane
Freddy Eastwood (maybe a bit of a gamble)
Peter Crouch (loan move?)
John Hartson (free to nominal fee)

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 14
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 28/12/2006 11:50:16 PM   
Sutty

Players we should get rid of. IMO of course!

Mills
Thatcher
Distin (he either signs or fucks off)
Corradi
Reyna
Dickov

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 15
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 31/12/2006 4:51:19 PM   
Henry JW

Any of you watch that show on Channel M? It's behind the scenes at Man City Football Club. Maybe somebody at the club will reveal something about transfers.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 16
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 31/12/2006 7:54:34 PM   
Sutty

Good win against the Hammers yesterday. Our record against tham away is pretty poor. But then our record away against most teams is poor! Neither team played any sexy football, but city fought the harder and wanted it more. Played in the Stuart Pearce mould which is what we need to do at the minute till we can bring someone in who can create goals and bang them away.

Two away wins on the bounce? up to 10th place? two clean sheets? Whats going on!?

I would like to see David Dunn sign in jan from birmingham. Good classy midfielder if he can avoid injury.

Bring on the Toffees!!!!!

(in reply to Henry JW)
Post #: 17
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 3/1/2007 11:20:47 AM   
Sutty

Samaras is a greek god!!

He came on and changed/won the game for us against Everton. We need more days like this from him and less like the ones he has given us recently.

That is three for three, first time for around 17 months! Who next? Bring 'em on, come on!

And as for Micah Richards going to Chelsea for 13 million? Not a chance of it! If they offer 25 mill then maybe...

"Oh, Micah you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind! Hey Micah! Hey Micah!"

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 18
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 3/1/2007 12:09:58 PM   
borstal

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sutty

Samaras is a greek god!!

He came on and changed/won the game for us against Everton. We need more days like this from him and less like the ones he has given us recently.

That is three for three, first time for around 17 months! Who next? Bring 'em on, come on!

And as for Micah Richards going to Chelsea for 13 million? Not a chance of it! If they offer 25 mill then maybe...

"Oh, Micah you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind! Hey Micah! Hey Micah!"

Chelsea reckon they wont be held to ransom....yeah right. You see the panic in their eyes because theyve drawn three games, fans booing, board asking questions. Hold out City and I reckon you can name your price!

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 19
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 3/1/2007 4:11:55 PM   
Sutty

I'd take 25 mill and SWP. At a push!....

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 20
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 5/1/2007 12:14:03 PM   
theram05

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sutty

I'd take 25 mill and SWP. At a push!....

I reckon we can name our price at the moment.

The funniest thing bout the whole thing is, if they hadn't bought SWP for the huge price they did, they'd probably get Micah for 20mill or so, but as SP said, with the money for SWP in the bank we don't need to offload Micah for anything less than extortion, sweet!

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 21
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 5/1/2007 12:53:45 PM   
Peter Griffin

Sheff Weds on sunday, should be fun

Post #: 22
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 5/1/2007 3:39:03 PM   
theram05

quote:

Sheff Weds on sunday, should be fun

The kinda game we regularly fuck up......

Post #: 23
RE: Man City Thread - 2006/07 - 6/1/2007 12:54:53 PM   
Sutty

We'll beat them 3-1. A good cup run would do us the world of good. It did last season, then we got beat in the quarters and the season went to rat shit.

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 24
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 26/6/2007 12:37:12 PM   
theram05

You don't even wanna know ow many pages I had to go down to reusrrect this thread!

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1272382,00.html

Word coming out of Eastleands is that Svennis has signed a 3 year deal with City and that he already has Harewood, Benayoun and someone else who's name escapes me lined up.

To be honest, I'm more than happy with this situation. While Sven has a habit of playing boring football, it couldnt have been fuckin worse than what we had at times last season and he will be able to attract a few decent players to the Club also.

Welcome Sven, happy to have ya!

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 25
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 26/6/2007 12:42:06 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: theram05

You don't even wanna know ow many pages I had to go down to reusrrect this thread!

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1272382,00.html

Word coming out of Eastleands is that Svennis has signed a 3 year deal with City and that he already has Harewood, Benayoun and someone else who's name escapes me lined up.

To be honest, I'm more than happy with this situation. While Sven has a habit of playing boring football, it couldnt have been fuckin worse than what we had at times last season and he will be able to attract a few decent players to the Club also.

Welcome Sven, happy to have ya!

Brilliant news, well all apart from the Harewood bit.

I really do hope his builds his team slowly taking it season by season.

How much is Sven on btw and does the new owner have any intension of buying/developing the ground?

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 26
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 26/6/2007 12:48:55 PM   
theram05

Yea I'm unsure about Harewood, but he couldnt be worse than the planks we already have in there.

I'd imagine Sven is on a serious chunk of change, but he was the man for a long time so we'll see what materialises.

As regards our financial situation, it will be interesting to see what develops, we have a serious debt there and I would be interested to see does he plan on paying it off or what the deal is. As regards Eastlands, I'm not sure he needs to buy the ground, our lease is pretty minimal and while it would be nice to own it outright, I think its something that can be looked into further down the line.

Now this whole deal has gone through, I'm a little fearful for what Shinawatra has in plan for my beloved Citeh, but shur its not like we were a well run machine before this (not looking at you Kev, honest....) so we'll see how it develops.

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 27
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 26/6/2007 1:35:09 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

I think the greedy fucker Sven is holding out for more cash. I don't rate him and think it's a bad move bringing him in

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 28
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 26/6/2007 1:41:04 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker

I think the greedy fucker Sven is holding out for more cash. I don't rate him and think it's a bad move bringing him in

Really?  
Why don't you rate him when he is it the only man to win the double in 3 countries? 

Or the most successful England manager we have had in the last 40 years.

Also can you please tell me why he is a greedy fucker.

Thanks

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 26/6/2007 1:42:46 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 29
RE: Man City Thread - 2007/08 - 26/6/2007 1:48:40 PM   
theram05

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker

Yes a future employee trying to get the best deal available to him, that is abhorrent.....

His Club career as manager speaks for itself. Also he is the best candidate available. I don't really get the the general dislike of Sven.

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> Man City Thread - 2011/12 Champions Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI