Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Future Batman Films

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Future Batman Films Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Future Batman Films - 20/1/2006 10:51:42 PM   
Jack of Blades

How? It's done really well.

When I'm at the pearly gates, this will be on my videotape...

(in reply to oddzag)
Post #: 61
RE: Future Batman Films - 20/1/2006 11:35:33 PM   
sushiandrice

I like the scene is question but his voice is a little Wolverine-like.

You space bastard.

(in reply to Jack of Blades)
Post #: 62
RE: Future Batman Films - 21/1/2006 10:04:37 AM   
Vadersville

SWEAR TO ME!!!

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to sushiandrice)
Post #: 63
RE: Future Batman Films - 21/1/2006 10:51:42 AM   
Mycroft

Yea, he needs to work on that, although I quite liked his voice in that scene. It wasn't very consistent throughout the film, but at least you wouldn't guess it was Bruce Wayne. His slight lisp gives things away a little though. 

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 64
RE: Future Batman Films - 21/1/2006 11:53:51 AM   
mike2005

After seeing Guy Pearce on The Jonathan Ross Show last year I thought that he would make a good joker.

I go to pieces so fast that people get hit by the shrapnel.

(in reply to Mycroft)
Post #: 65
RE: Future Batman Films - 21/1/2006 2:17:23 PM   
Vadersville

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mycroft

Yea, he needs to work on that, although I quite liked his voice in that scene. It wasn't very consistent throughout the film, but at least you wouldn't guess it was Bruce Wayne. His slight lisp gives things away a little though. 

Leave him be! 

(in reply to Mycroft)
Post #: 66
RE: Future Batman Films - 21/1/2006 4:05:39 PM   
Jack of Blades

Wayne's not a thespian, he's just doing whatever he can to hide his voice.

Post #: 67
RE: Future Batman Films - 22/1/2006 4:45:25 PM   
bingoboy1980

Goss is that Bale reckons he will be back in the bat suit before the end of next year .Been thinking about Depp has the jocker .Is he too big a star now . Will we just be watching Depp perform instead of watching the charactor?I really do love Depp and he would look great in purple pinstripes .lol.My only worry is that it will be about the villians again instead of batmans origin. I like the idea of Liev shreiber as two face though . He can act a real sick sob when he wants . Very snarly mouth and flared nose when he does his Dustin Hoffman impersonation.

" Did we surrender when the Germans bombed Pearl harbour? "

Post #: 68
RE: Future Batman Films - 22/1/2006 4:48:31 PM   
bingoboy1980

LOL.Should proof read first . " the jocker "
Batmans most feared villian from the gym . Random towel whipping attacks on the citizens of Gotham reported .

(in reply to bingoboy1980)
Post #: 69
RE: Future Batman Films - 22/1/2006 8:36:26 PM   
Jack of Blades

quote:

ORIGINAL: bingoboy1980

Goss is that Bale reckons he will be back in the bat suit before the end of next year .Been thinking about Depp has the jocker .Is he too big a star now . Will we just be watching Depp perform instead of watching the charactor?I really do love Depp and he would look great in purple pinstripes .lol.My only worry is that it will be about the villians again instead of batmans origin. I like the idea of Liev shreiber as two face though . He can act a real sick sob when he wants . Very snarly mouth and flared nose when he does his Dustin Hoffman impersonation.

That's an amazing ability. Having a conversation with yourself.

Post #: 70
RE: Future Batman Films - 23/1/2006 3:58:25 PM   
bingoboy1980

Its like masturbation .sex with someone you love .

Post #: 71
RE: Future Batman Films - 23/1/2006 4:00:23 PM   
bingoboy1980

Its like masturbation .Sex with someone you love.

Post #: 72
RE: Future Batman Films - 23/1/2006 4:07:13 PM   
Vadersville

quote:

ORIGINAL: bingoboy1980

Its like masturbation .Sex with someone you love.

Good luck with that.

Post #: 73
RE: Future Batman Films - 25/1/2006 3:56:34 PM   
bingoboy1980

Will keep you up to date.lol

Post #: 74
RE: Future Batman Films - 26/1/2006 9:51:49 AM   
Vadersville

Please refrain from carrying out that last comment. I really don't want to know.

Post #: 75
RE: Future Batman Films - 26/1/2006 6:43:56 PM   
kumar

stuff the joker, and catwoman, and penguin.

i dont think i can be arsed to see another version of the same story., ok seeing as batman forever was so crap id accept two face.

but i hope they do new stuff! razha gul and scarecrow were wivked in begins!

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

Post #: 76
RE: Future Batman Films - 26/1/2006 10:02:33 PM   
Jack of Blades

(Sigh) I don't understand how it could be considered the same story. Burton's Joker is not DC's Joker. It was Burton's twisted (but admirable) version of the Clown Prince of Crime.

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 77
RE: Future Batman Films - 27/1/2006 10:39:22 AM   
Vadersville

I did like how Burton created the paradox that Batman created the Joker but the Joker created Batman by killing his parents as Jack Napier. It fitted well within his gothic interpretation of the dark knight.

Post #: 78
RE: Future Batman Films - 27/1/2006 11:53:57 AM   
Jack of Blades

It's not a paradox in the strictest sense but yeah it was a good idea. I really liked the idea and thought it could be incorporated into the comics. However, I read an article about the conflict once and it convinced me that it should be Chill who does the Waynes in. However, Chill should never be seen fron that point again. He is the epitome of Gotham's crime in that it is a labour forced out of desperation and after killing the Wayne's probably crawled and died in a street corner. Chill was just a vehicle. He didn't kill the Waynes, Gotham did.

Post #: 79
RE: Future Batman Films - 27/1/2006 1:01:34 PM   
JIm R

I have no fear of a re-hash of what has gone before.  Nolan clearly did his homework for Begins and have no doubt, his vision of the Joker will be accurate to the comic books.

We just need an actor with the ability to combine deep malice, hostility and a darker than black sense of humour.

Cannot wait for this film, roll on 2008.

Post #: 80
RE: Future Batman Films - 27/1/2006 2:42:42 PM   
Vadersville

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jack of Blades

It's not a paradox in the strictest sense but yeah it was a good idea. I really liked the idea and thought it could be incorporated into the comics. However, I read an article about the conflict once and it convinced me that it should be Chill who does the Waynes in. However, Chill should never be seen fron that point again. He is the epitome of Gotham's crime in that it is a labour forced out of desperation and after killing the Wayne's probably crawled and died in a street corner. Chill was just a vehicle. He didn't kill the Waynes, Gotham did.

I think that having Jack Napier kill the Waynes worked in Burton's intepretation. But Nolan was right to have Chill kill them in his version.

Post #: 81
RE: Future Batman Films - 27/1/2006 11:07:22 PM   
Jack of Blades

quote:

ORIGINAL: JIm R

I have no fear of a re-hash of what has gone before.  Nolan clearly did his homework for Begins and have no doubt, his vision of the Joker will be accurate to the comic books.

We just need an actor with the ability to combine deep malice, hostility and a darker than black sense of humour.

Cannot wait for this film, roll on 2008.

Although I'm all for John C. McGinely, I think your description of The Joker would suit actors like Buscemi and to some degree, John Malkovich. Which I ain't got a problem with.

Vadersville, yeah, I agree with your sentiments about The Joker offing Wayne's parents in Burton's version. Made more sense in terms character but as I am under the opinion that The Joker should just be a normal guy forced into robbery before his 'accident', I do hope Nolan follows this idea.

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 82
RE: Future Batman Films - 28/1/2006 3:14:18 PM   
Vadersville

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. I've a fairly open mind as to how Nolan handles The Joker. I've got a lot of faith in him. Slightly off topic, but just out of curiousity, didn't Batman TAS follow Burton's lead in having The Joker kill Bruce's parents?

Post #: 83
RE: Future Batman Films - 28/1/2006 7:18:24 PM   
Dave B

Having Chill kill Bruce's parents works much better as Bruce never has the satisfaction of killing the person responsible; meaning his mission to save himself and Gotham is never-ending.

Hey, what's with the flying jerks?

Post #: 84
RE: Future Batman Films - 29/1/2006 11:16:48 AM   
Vadersville

I agree, no matter how many crinimals he brings to justice he can never get the one that killed his own parents.

(in reply to Dave B)
Post #: 85
RE: Future Batman Films - 29/1/2006 1:12:42 PM   
Jack of Blades

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vadersville

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. I've a fairly open mind as to how Nolan handles The Joker. I've got a lot of faith in him. Slightly off topic, but just out of curiousity, didn't Batman TAS follow Burton's lead in having The Joker kill Bruce's parents?

Can't remember but considering that TAS is built off Burton's films the answer is most likely.

Post #: 86
RE: Future Batman Films - 29/1/2006 1:31:40 PM   
My Life in Pictures

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vadersville

Slightly off topic, but just out of curiousity, didn't Batman TAS follow Burton's lead in having The Joker kill Bruce's parents?

I've got Volume 1 on DVD so I'll pop it in and see although if memory serves me right I don't think it was the Joker. (Or did they do the origin story in Mask of the Phantasm?)

Post #: 87
RE: Future Batman Films - 29/1/2006 4:01:42 PM   
Vadersville

They never actually say for definate that The Joker killed his parents in Volume 1 of the DVD that I can see. Mask of the Phantasm we learn that Jack Napier also killed Andrea Bomart's father. I think I remember Batman hinting that The Joker had killed his parents too...

(in reply to My Life in Pictures)
Post #: 88
RE: Future Batman Films - 30/1/2006 3:22:32 PM   
Timon

IGN FILMFORCE have given their 5 top choices for the roles of Harvey Dent and the Joker and reasons for and against. Not really news, i just thought some might find it interesting.

Harvey "Two Face" Dent

Hugh JackmanStar of all three X-Men films, Jackman has seen far less success in other roles. His attempts at romantic comedy have been a bust and some wonder if Jackman's box-office bank exists without Adamantium claws. The talented actor has the chops and the popularity to become one of the biggest stars in film.

[image]http://media.ign.com/ign/image/pixy.gif[/image]Why it Should Happen: Though it's another role in a comic-book movie, playing Harvey Dent would be vastly different from being Wolverine. Imagine a clean-cut Jackman speaking Legalese while simmering with rage just beneath the surface. A visceral choice for a dynamic role.
Why it Might Not Happen: It's another comic-book movie. Jackman's handlers would be absolute idiots to even consider the role if offered.

Liev SchreiberA San Francisco native, Schreiber made a career as a supporting actor. With aspirations of becoming a leading man, Schreiber needs a bankable and memorable role. What better way into the hearts and minds of Americans than the one man with the stones to stand toe-to-toe with Batman?

Why it Should Happen: Schreiber is a natural as an headstrong up-and-comer in a business suit. We've seen that he can play it a little edgy.
Why it Might Not Happen: Schreiber looks like a runner-up for playing Bruce Wayne. It may prove troublesome to have two guys with similar build, hair and all-American smiles playing opposite one another.

Brad Pitt One of the most famous actors in the world, Pitt is loved by women and envied by men.

Why it Should Happen: Pitt's rugged charm and sly smile could make for a very slick Assistant District Attorney. He's a pretty boy, but as in Fight Club, we can see he's not afraid to get dirty. Having half that handsome face scarred by acid would make for excellent tragedy.
Why it Might Not Happen: This isn't even a blip on anyone's radar. It seems highly unlikely Pitt would be interested in the role, especially since he'd need significant bank to sign.

Josh LucasA Southern boy, Lucas is seen as Matthew McConaughey without the peculiarities. Star of Glory Road, Lucas isn't the perfect picture of Harvey Dent, but he certainly has the talent to play the role.

Why it Should Happen: If Lucas can tap into his anger, he could make for the perfect dual-natured foe. As clean-cut and pleasant as he may seem on the surface, Dent is quite ugly on the inside. Lucas has the clean-cut down pat and we'd bet he can fake the ugly.
Why it Might Not Happen: Lucas is just finding his path to leading roles. Why take a step back to be upstaged by the Joker? The movie certainly means more mainstream exposure, but also the potential for typecasting.

Guy PearceThere is no more versatile actor on our list. Though he may not have a bona fide hit under his belt, he's a known name.

[image]http://media.ign.com/ign/image/pixy.gif[/image]Why it Should Happen: It's not just about looking the part, but being able to play the role. Memento proved that Pearce can play a man on the verge of a breakdown. He can be incredibly intimidating without having the physicality to back it up.
Why it Might Not Happen: Pearce has taken his crack at big-budget movies and it's done nothing to help his career. He has always aired better in smaller roles. Once bitten, twice shy?

The Joker

Sean PennThe SoCal native has show incredible range throughout his career. He's played a baked surfer wannabe in Fast Times at Ridgemont High, a jazz guitarist in Sweet and Lowdown and, courageously, himself in I Am Sam. But seriously, there are few actors as talented as Penn.

Why it Should Happen: He could do a damned fine job playing a psychotic foil for Batman. Penn would take the role seriously and likely play it darker than anyone else.
Why it Might Not Happen: This has never been the type of role Penn has sought. Plus, he's shown on multiple occasions that he has no sense of humor.

Alan CummingThe Scottish-born actor has already taken a role in a comic-book film, playing Nightcrawler in X2: X-Men United. He'd have to put on makeup once more, but for a role with greater depth. And, for once, Cumming will be expected to steal the show.

[image]http://media.ign.com/ign/image/pixy.gif[/image]Why it Should Happen: Cumming has the right look for the Joker. He's slim, has the pointed chin and, let's face it, there's something manic about Cumming. If it's wacky-nuts you want, Cumming can deliver.
Why it Might Not Happen: He did a comic-book movie before and that didn't work out. One reason -- he hated all the makeup. Some might view Cumming as too small a name for the role.

Johnny DeppHe escaped the trappings of being teen idol to become one of Hollywood's best adult actors. As Jack Sparrow he raised his box-office stock considerably. Many consider him the best modern actor without an Oscar.

Why it Should Happen: He can act. There doesn't seem to be any role he can't handle, but Depp has never played anyone like the Joker. The role presents an interesting challenge for Depp, who has proven he is not afraid to take risks.
Why it Might Not Happen: Depp is decidedly anti-Hollywood. One blockbuster franchise may be enough for the recluse. He would likely ask a hefty ransom for his participation.

Paul BettanyThe Wimbledon star is not yet a household name, but starring opposite Harrison Ford in the upcoming Firewall could change that. Like Bale, he is teetering on the cusp of stardom.

Why it Should Happen: A rising star could be just what Batman needs. After all, Bale shouldn't need to fear being completely overshadowed by his foil. Bettany has a very intense face and fits the look of Joker (just picture him with green hair).
Why it Might Not Happen: The biggest deterrent may be Bettany's schedule. As one of the most active actors in Hollywood at the moment, Bettany looks to have a full plate for the next two years.

Adrien BrodyThe Oscar-winning actor has one of Hollywood's most fascinating noses. He's also one of today's brightest rising stars in need of one breakout role in a blockbuster film.

Why it Should Happen: He wants the role. As Bale expressed his appreciation for the depths of Batman, Brody has said Joker makes for a fascinating character study. He can play the desperation and the insanity of the Clown Prince. Don't believe he can pull it off? Check out Spike Lee's Summer of Sam. Like Bettany, Brody is a star on the rise and this could be his ticket to the big time.
Why it Might Not Happen: Again, like Bettany, Brody is a busy man these days. Considering his public pandering for the role and his talent, this could happen. But will the studio and Nolan share our confidence in Brody?

Casting these two parts is essential, because both actors will reprise their roles for a second film. A miscast actor could spell doom for the third film. While we're certain Warner Bros. has plenty of ideas about who to cast as Joker and Two-Face, we figured they could use a little help with the final decision. We've narrowed is down to five actors for each . Though it's very possible a relative newcomer like Lachy Hulme could snatch the role of the Joker, we're aiming our sites on some bigger names.

< Message edited by Timon -- 30/1/2006 3:39:58 PM >

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

Post #: 89
RE: Future Batman Films - 30/1/2006 5:15:40 PM   
JIm R

Thanks for info.

Given this info, my choices would be

Harvey Dent - Guy Pearce

Joker - Paul Bettany

But, from the start I wanted Crispin Glover as The Joker, but this not going to happen so PB please Mr Nolan.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Future Batman Films Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI